Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 84, Chip Butty wrote:Flubber: I don't mind people poking there. I think town tend to avoid jokes like that because there's no upside and they don't need the aggravation. Scum, otoh, see an upside in getting pseudo towncred if they can get through the initial wave of suspicion.

In fact, let's increase the heat a little:

VOTE: Flubber
What does this mean? Why would scum get towncred if they can get through the initial wave of suspicion? And if people actually get towncred from doing this, why would town not do that to also get towncred? From this explanation, I don't get why what he did is AI or why you're voting him.

Like, this is blatantly not happening; most people are kinda sketchy on Flubber atm.

Everyone's saying that they don't like it but I still don't get why scum does this.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.2:

Flubbernugget (5)
- humaneatingmonkey, Wossi, TwoInAMillion, Chip Butty, Sergtacos
Wossi (4)
- implosion, Flubbernugget, skitter30, iDanyboy
TwoInAMillion (1)
- Wickedestjr
iDanyboy (1)
- wavemode

Not Voting (2)
- Sephiroth, Lalendra

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is at 3pm GMT on Sunday 26th November 2017 ((expired on 2017-11-26 15:00:00))
Trans rights are human rights.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:42 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Will Flubber get to L-1? That is the question.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:51 am

Post by Sephiroth »

Sergtacos wrote: Joking
K. I don't really like that you waited and built the suspense. Adding unnecessary confusion and uncertainty to the dialog is not pro-town. It also feasibly gives you time to see how the town is taking the claim before choosing whether you want to follow through or pull back. VOTE: sergtacos
In post 84, Chip Butty wrote: In fact, let's increase the heat a little:

VOTE: Flubber
Sergtacos wrote: but hey lets sheep. VOTE: Flubbernugget
Are we serious right now? Where was this yesterday? What changed for you two?

I will note that I don't really like the hardline 'claimed scum must be scum' mentality. Flub seems to be a generally sarcastic/jokey type guy and I'm willing to believe it was a joke and move on for now. Refusing to move on when the game has moved far beyond that page 1 post seems lazy and anti-town, especially after ignoring the post initially. Chip butty and Serg look real bad in their recent jump over. While I don't like it in HEM or Wossi either they seem genuine and consistent in their behavior towards Flub unlike the two above. I also REALLY don't like from twoinamillion. The reasoning seems manufactured and they had JUST finished trying to shut down any discussion involving Flub's claim. Seems a little sketchy to interpret Flub's post that way and turn it into a vote.
humaneatingmonkey wrote:Guys, how do you classify bullshit vote reasons? Scum or town?
Are you asking whether giving bullshit reasons is a town or scum tell? Seems kind of like a false dichotomy to me. A bullshit vote is a bullshit vote, but you have to look past the given reasoning to see if its a scummy vote or not. Not to mention my idea of 'bullshit' reasons is very dependent on the player and game situation. How would you answer this question?
Lalendra wrote:I really hope Sephiroth isn't scum because I love the synchronicity of the avatar, location and signature. And because I just generally love Sephiroth. I want to FoS you for unnecessary AtE.
:lol: You can't imagine how happy I was to learn that the username was not taken haha. Sephiroth has got to be one of the best videogame villains ever.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 37, Wossi wrote:Town claiming scum is lying and should be lynched
No thanks.
In post 39, Wossi wrote:Also I don't believe in jokes
What does this mean?
In post 69, Flubbernugget wrote:Hey guys, for the sake of town's best interest, I just want to he upfront about the fact that my favorite color is red :)
Thank you for your honesty. :wink:
In post 104, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Will Flubber get to L-1? That is the question.
What happens if he gets to L-1?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 20, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 19, Sephiroth wrote:
Flubbernugget wrote:Not me
VOTE: flubbernugget
Seems like a pretty open and shut case to me.
Vote HEM please
In post 93, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 81, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
Serg, 2inamil, and Flubbernugget deserve attention today.
I love attention ;)

but hey lets sheep. VOTE: Flubbernugget
What changed about HEM that you went from trying to get votes on him to sheeping him?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Unvote. Vote: Wossi
(L-2)

I found these two comments particularly bothersome:
In post 34, Wossi wrote:You are what you say you are, if you say you're scum you're scum. I dont really understand how that wasnt clear....
This comment doesn't sound like someone actually interested in figuring things out.
In post 41, Wossi wrote:also I was still excited by the fact that I just happened to random vote for scum
So skitter is scum but you would prefer to vote Flubber, who you acknowledge might be lying-town? Why is that?

Also, are you an alt? You sound slightly familiar.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 95, Lalendra wrote:
In post 69, Flubbernugget wrote:Hey guys, for the sake of town's best interest, I just want to he upfront about the fact that my favorite color is red :)
Are you actively lynchbaiting orrrr...?
In post 99, Flubbernugget wrote:Lalendra

My point to tiam is that town withold a lot of information from a game due to it being irrelevant to finding alignments.
I'm not sure I see the connection here. What are you withholding? If anything, you're oversharing. And yes, obviously town don't spam the thread with their favorite foods or whatever, because pizza is NAI. But you've made two comments which just sound like you're aching to be lynched and though I hate the "too scummy to be scum" angle most of the time, I'm really struggling to see where your motivation lies.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 109, Lalendra wrote:I'm not sure I see the connection here. What are you withholding? If anything, you're oversharing. And yes, obviously town don't spam the thread with their favorite foods or whatever, because pizza is NAI. But you've made two comments which just sound like you're aching to be lynched and though I hate the "too scummy to be scum" angle most of the time, I'm really struggling to see where your motivation lies.
TIAM Flubber for 'Not liking that there are things you might not be upfront about', so that is why Flubber posted in response. Could you also expand on why you think Flubber is to scummy to be scum?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I dropped the gambit in my second post. I don't understand how you can fail to see my motivation after that.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I'm not 100% clear on why humaneatingmonkey is scum reading me.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:18 am

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 112, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm not 100% clear on why humaneatingmonkey is scum reading me.
In post 81, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Those who joke about being scum are highly scummy for me.
Seems pretty clear to me.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Not good enough if he's trying to push me to L1
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by wavemode »

VOTE: Lalendra
retired...?
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

[quote= Sephiroth"] I also REALLY don't like from twoinamillion. The reasoning seems manufactured and they had JUST finished trying to shut down any discussion involving Flub's claim. Seems a little sketchy to interpret Flub's post that way and turn it into a vote..[/quote]

Not "trying" to turn anything into any vote. It's my feelings on flub and way more concrete reasoning than a lot of the votes so far.
Wossi
Wossi
Goon
Wossi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Wossi »

In post 111, Flubbernugget wrote:I dropped the gambit in my second post. I don't understand how you can fail to see my motivation after that.
please explain how claiming scum is a gambit.

to anyone asking why I'm voting flubber and not skitter: there's power in wagons and there's more then one scum.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 116, TwoInAMillion wrote:Not "trying" to turn anything into any vote. It's my feelings on flub and
way more concrete reasoning than a lot of the votes so far
No you don't. The only player with a worse reason to vote than you is since he has given none. I'm going to need you to justify this with the votes that you think have less reasoning than yours.
In post 117, Wossi wrote:to anyone asking why I'm voting flubber and not skitter: there's power in wagons and there's more then one scum.
Do you think there is any possibility that he was just joking when he made that and why have you completely ignored it? Also going to need to know why you think skitter is scum.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 82, skitter30 wrote:Not convinced that the miller claim is real, leaning towards it being fake. Also not convinced that it's AI if it's fake. I could see scum!Taco claiming it based on how Mini Normal 1946 worked out. I can also see town!Taco fake-claiming it for the lolz. I have little to no confidence in my ability to read him.

Taco, why are you pushing HEM atm?

Chip, why are you making a series of RVS votes and unvotes? What do you think about the Flubber thing?

Implosion, I like your posting, and agree with most of it. Why the townlean on Tacos?

Scumlean on wossi.

VOTE: wossi
In post 93, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 81, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I really don't buy that claim from Serg, but I'm not ready to give up my Flubbernugget vote. I've been with him on a miller game before and he had seen someone claim on the first post. I would have thought he would have claimed in his first post. Instead, he tried to push a wagon on me for ????? reasons.

Those who joke about being scum are highly scummy for me. It deserves attention. Also, how people FOUND A WAY to attack me for a CLEAR CUT vote definitely makes me think I'm on to something. Looking at you, 2inamil.

Serg, 2inamil, and Flubbernugget deserve attention today.
I love attention ;)

but hey lets sheep. VOTE: Flubbernugget

Nothing with my reasoning. Both of these votes have weak reasoning.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Nothing wrong with, that is.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 120, TwoInAMillion wrote:Nothing wrong with, that is.
You took
"but I don't like the activity precedent you are trying to set, and I'm being upfront now about probably not following it."
and got
"Not liking that there are things you might not be upfront about.

Yes there is something wrong with this reasoning, it's reaching. You took his innocuous statement that he wont be as active as Sephiroph wants him to be and twisted it to mean that he may hiding something because he said he wants to be upfront about it.
In post 119, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 82, skitter30 wrote:SNIP
In post 93, Sergtacos wrote:SNIP

Both of these votes have weak reasoning.

You're right about tacos vote but I think skitter has given some good reasoning, it just isn't in the quote you posted. If you read her iso her reasoning becomes a lot more apparent and I don't think it's bad.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

It's not reaching at all. He says "he's being upfront now" which implies there are things he's hiding. That's what scum do more than town.
iDanyboy
iDanyboy
Goon
iDanyboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by iDanyboy »

In post 122, TwoInAMillion wrote:It's not reaching at all. He says "he's being upfront now" which implies there are things he's hiding. That's what scum do more than town.
I'll be upfront and honest with you and say that this reasoning is bad. Why was it that when he claimed scum you weren't taking his posts literally and actually defended him, but after a few votes you piled on with the thinnest reasoning you could think of.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I don't agree that it's thin reasoning. And "claiming scum" is something that's not done seriously in a mafia game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”