boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by boring »

In post 897, UC Voyager wrote: so why would town do that?

im asking because there is no reason for townie to do that! I don't get the logic for either alignment!
Being assigned a town role doesn't always lead to civic-mindedness. I'm still in the Transcend-is-town camp.

I don't like that there were no scum wagons yesterday (assuming I'm reading Transcend right). Scum got a free ride yesterday, which points to those just who were just floating along. I could go for either DaesVail or Ectomancer today. Possibly kelbris, Fitz, or rem. I'm feeling a little tinfoil for Fish, but I think my potential scum pool is big enough without him. Voyager's entrance was okay. I felt okay about Sheep too, so I'm putting him in Fish's pond.

Basically, I'm only feeling good about Transcend, Luca, and mutant right now.

VOTE: DaesVail
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 900, boring wrote:
In post 897, UC Voyager wrote: so why would town do that?

im asking because there is no reason for townie to do that! I don't get the logic for either alignment!
Being assigned a town role doesn't always lead to civic-mindedness. I'm still in the Transcend-is-town camp.

I don't like that there were no scum wagons yesterday (assuming I'm reading Transcend right). Scum got a free ride yesterday, which points to those just who were just floating along. I could go for either DaesVail or Ectomancer today. Possibly kelbris, Fitz, or rem. I'm feeling a little tinfoil for Fish, but I think my potential scum pool is big enough without him. Voyager's entrance was okay. I felt okay about Sheep too, so I'm putting him in Fish's pond.

Basically, I'm only feeling good about Transcend, Luca, and mutant right now.

VOTE: DaesVail
what is the case on daesvail
so...i don't get enough sleep
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by boring »

...I take that back. I forgot about kelbris having a wagon for a decent amount of time. That might be worth revisiting. It seemed to have some decent composition, too.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by boring »

In post 901, UC Voyager wrote: what is the case on daesvail
It hasn't changed much since my first assessment of him. He's playing like either fairly disinterested town, or careful scum. A good scum game is totally neutral, with no posts that give away alignment. Town is clumsy because we're uninformed, so we shit all over the place. I think careful scum is more likely than disinterested town right now.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 903, boring wrote:
In post 901, UC Voyager wrote: what is the case on daesvail
It hasn't changed much since my first assessment of him. He's playing like either fairly disinterested town, or careful scum. A good scum game is totally neutral, with no posts that give away alignment. Town is clumsy because we're uninformed, so we shit all over the place. I think careful scum is more likely than disinterested town right now.
I "COMPLY". :P . He has been on site for a long time, so i doubt he would be a bad town, but do you think he was searching for town credit by not being on the Iceguy wagon?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 554, DeasVail wrote:
Viomi - Town

I know that a lot of people are calling it NAI, but I actually find her posting druing the replace out to be quite town. I think scum would have been much more likely to replace out and leave it at that, whereas Viomi continues to post after her request. The reason for this is that I think there is a lot less investment in the non-game aspects of in-game posts as scum. You're scum and not going to be the real you, so naturally I believe the investment level is lower. But this is clearly not the case with Viomi who seems genuinely hurt and frustrated in a way that I don't think scum would be.
This is an interesting read. Deas goes out of his way to plant in people's minds that the nature of Viomi's replace out = town. Given Viomi was apparently upset for non game related reasons (the date of her V/LA being brought up struck a cord) I really don't see how Deas can be basing a strong town read on this.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 905, Luca Blight wrote:ereas Viomi continues to post after
this is another thing i have to agree on

In fact, i have never kept posting in a thread after i requested replacement. I want to iso Deas and see what i find
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hey everyone, I will most likely not be here properly until tomorrow.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

VOTE: Transcend
I mostly just lurk now.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by kelbris »

tbh, the way Transcend would constantly change his claim makes me suspect that he is rolefishing. Even though his mason and IC claims were BS, I am of the opinion that his vigilante claim and JK claim were an attempt to get a CC and lure out the town's PRs. Why else would he suddenly switch his claim? He claims to want to be night kill bait (with his quoting of said comment) but I find that hard to believe because of his claims-why would a PR want to be NK'd? It just makes no sense.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Obviously in hindsight Transcend should have been lynched on D1 as his place in this game is becoming increasingly untenable.

I believe we should make an effort to find scum today (Deas is where we should start) but if we end up where we were Yesterday with no clear lynch candidate then we lynch Transcend.

Does that sound fair enough?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 908, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Transcend
This naked vote scares me.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Post by Transcend »

K but green pm
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 881, UC Voyager wrote:Mutant is topping the scum charts! he said he isn't targeting anyone in particular, but then moves on to make a case and target Elmo! It looks like he is trying to be friendly while guiding an easy misslynch!
Is that the only thing you think I have done wrong? That's hardly enough to make me seem like the most scummy player here. I'd like you to better explain this read.

In post 884, UC Voyager wrote:Transcend and Mutant trying to end the day fast! SORRY! the day is meant to be for the town! if the town were to end the day short, then they could't do as much scum hunting!
I take it you haven't read the part where I state I come from a culture with only 72 hour days and hence am not used to this 2 week variant?

In post 892, Luca Blight wrote:I really wish Yuria had waited until at least today before CC'ing - the situation probably would have taken care of itself.

The problem is if Transcend is Town then it's basically a wet dream come true for scum.
In post 899, Ectomancer wrote:
In post 898, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 896, Transcend wrote:
In post 894, UC Voyager wrote:was trying to be night kill bait.
which leads to the next question

how did you know there was a jailkeeper?
He claimed Innocent Chile first. It was a silly CC by Yuria.
I don't think we should be blaming Yuria as much as we should be blaming Transcend.

In post 911, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 908, mutantdevle wrote:VOTE: Transcend
This naked vote scares me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSA14OD ... u.be&t=45s

In post 912, Transcend wrote:K but green pm
You have given no one any reason to believe that.
I mostly just lurk now.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Mutant
, you townread Deas Yesterday - is this still the case, and if so then can you run us through exactly why?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 905, Luca Blight wrote:
Viomi - Town

I know that a lot of people are calling it NAI, but I actually find her posting druing the replace out to be quite town. I think scum would have been much more likely to replace out and leave it at that, whereas Viomi continues to post after her request. The reason for this is that I think there is a lot less investment in the non-game aspects of in-game posts as scum. You're scum and not going to be the real you, so naturally I believe the investment level is lower. But this is clearly not the case with Viomi who seems genuinely hurt and frustrated in a way that I don't think scum would be.
This is an interesting read. Deas goes out of his way to plant in people's minds that the nature of Viomi's replace out = town. Given Viomi was apparently upset for non game related reasons (the date of her V/LA being brought up struck a cord) I really don't see how Deas can be basing a strong town read on this.
My point here was essentially that scum are less emotionally invested in what people say to them in a game than town are. I’m happy for you to disagree with me but I do ask that you at least respect my read.

I am also curious of your read of me. You seem to be saying that I’m scum for going with the flow but then also criticise my Viomi read and my vote for sheep when it was not a popular wagon (even though there was still a reasonable amount of time before deadline). How would you explain the inconsistency here?

I’m terms of my reads, I do still want to revisit Day 1 posts, but Ectomancer is someone who was concerning me towards the end of Day 1. I cant really predict where my reads will end up right now though. I’ll get back to you tomorrow.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:12 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 914, Luca Blight wrote:
Mutant
, you townread Deas Yesterday - is this still the case, and if so then can you run us through exactly why?
Because I don't think he is scum? People's only point against him seems to be he isn't consistent with his votes. I'd hardly call that something that makes you scum when it is the only thing they have done wrong.

On the other hand, I'd like to see why people think he is scum. Like, present me with quotes and stuff.
I mostly just lurk now.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:16 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 915, DeasVail wrote:
In post 905, Luca Blight wrote:
Viomi - Town

My point here was essentially that scum are less emotionally invested in what people say to them in a game than town are. I’m happy for you to disagree with me but I do ask that you at least respect my read.
If you look at the context, nothing Viomi said after her request to replace-out was game related - she wasn't emotionally invested in the game, she was being emotional about the date of her V/LA being repeatedly brought-up. Do you deny this is the case?

Where was I being disrespectful?
In post 915, DeasVail wrote: I am also curious of your read of me. You seem to be saying that I’m scum for going with the flow but then also criticise my Viomi read and my vote for sheep when it was not a popular wagon (even though there was still a reasonable amount of time before deadline). How would you explain the inconsistency here?
There is no inconsistency here - neither of the things you mentioned affected the game in any way, shape or form. The Sheep vote was completely pointless because by your own admission it was only a 'weak' scumread and you weren't doing anything to push it further. When you made that vote did you actually believe there was a chance of Sheep being lynched over someone like Boring or IceGuy?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:22 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 916, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 914, Luca Blight wrote:
Mutant
Because I don't think he is scum? People's only point against him seems to be he isn't consistent with his votes. I'd hardly call that something that makes you scum when it is the only thing they have done wrong.

On the other hand, I'd like to see why people think he is scum. Like, present me with quotes and stuff.
Yesterday, in response to me asking if anyone was interested in lynching Deas, you said the following:
In post 847, mutantdevle wrote:
No, deas has been town all game to me.

I'm willing to hammer Ice if it comes to it. He's currently at L-2.
Which lead me to believe you'd have some specific reasons at least for townreading him other than the fact he hasn't done anything particularly scummy, which is something I admitted myself.

Believe it or not, some people can play as scum without giving people a multitude of reasons to suspect them.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:25 am

Post by Transcend »

is everybodyedits still popular

it was pretty fun when it was in its prime tbh
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:26 am

Post by Transcend »

i always played as the devil but then they made a dog smiley face and i swapped between those two
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:42 am

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: Transcend
Policy. Annoyance. Clean up. If town...best mislynch available.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:53 am

Post by Transcend »

so am i allowed to self hammer
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 am

Post by havingfitz »

Sure...why not? Don't let the hammer hit you in the ass.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:56 am

Post by havingfitz »

You still need one more vote though before you're L-1.

Return to “Completed Open Games”