Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

@Ecto
- Does that mean you'll be voting Deas, or do you have someone else in mind?
In post 971, mutantdevle wrote:I don’t think I actually trust anyone anymore...
What specifically prompted you to say this?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Transcend »

I think a 1-shot cop might have inno'd me
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

I say that because I agree with a lot of points everyone is making. But everyone is accusing each other. Hence I can see scum in everyone’s play and therefore I’m not really trusting of anyone right now.

I also feel like people’s views on me are dropping. Perhaps because I’ve been fading away into the background and becoming less and less relevant.

I will give some reads tomorrow wen I can properly define my opinions on people.
I mostly just lurk now.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by kelbris »

Prodge, will make an actual post later on today/tomorrow. Been busy IRL.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 977, mutantdevle wrote:I say that because I agree with a lot of points everyone is making. But everyone is accusing each other. Hence I can see scum in everyone’s play and therefore I’m not really trusting of anyone right now.

I also feel like people’s views on me are dropping. Perhaps because I’ve been fading away into the background and becoming less and less relevant.

I will give some reads tomorrow wen I can properly define my opinions on people.
that is what people do in this game. what else do we do?
so...i don't get enough sleep
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by davesaz »

Please welcome ProHawk who replaces Rem!
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Hi! Haven't read much yet, but I should get to it tomorrow.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hey peoples! I am doing after hours at work but it’s pretty chill so far, so I’m going to be going over stuff. Watch this space!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Transcend »

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

THIS IS THE 4TH PERSON ON THIS SLOT AND IT IS DAY FUCKING TWO

ROFL
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 968, UC Voyager wrote:Im reading DV's iso and it is terrifying

He has several naked votes! This pings me for scum! I do not see where the town motivation in naked voting is
--------------------------------------------
He says that he scum reads sheep, transcend, and Kelbris then votes for Boring????? what the hell

earlier he made a crazy lynch pool then voted for Iceguy who wasn't even listed!
--------------------------------------------------

He has said things like
"scum are more emotionally involved"
This terrifies me because he hasn't been a huge power player. He is trying to tell us how scum act, so they can act differently, so he can avoid scum reads!
--------------------------------
he said that he won't be active til tomorrow
makes one post
i will be v/la for the next few days
I know that people can't control when they are v/la but the fact he made a post after he said he wouldn't be able to post for a day
----------------------------------
He was not pushing Boring til the end of day one. before that, he was pushing for someone else.
It really seems like he was trying to earn some town credit for not being on the wagon. I don't even see where he made a case on boring.
-----------------------------------
He town readed sheep for a while, then pulled a 180 and voted for me!

scum will avoid the lynch 30% of the time! They do this because it is easy town credit, and i am thinking there is a good chance of a scum buddy bussing!
------------------------------------
Im not sure if i think that transcend could be scum buddy, but im starting to think he isn't
Did you read my posts properly or not really? This is actually an important question that I need you to answer honestly.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:57 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Also Fitz is a townread for me. His refusal to play along with town norms is what I expect from him. My impression is that he tries to look better as scum by being more amenable/playing along just a little bit more.

My vote is going to go to Ectomancer when I have access to a computer.

Main things are his commentary on the vig claims which seemed to be trying really hard to make it into a 1v1 when it wasn’t necessarily and his high-information, low-content posting in general such as his vote on me. I get the impression that there’s a faked enthusiasm in his posting that he doesn’t believe in and his post about makes me suspicious of him trying to fuel my wagon without explicitly bandwagoning.

UC Voyager and boring are secondary scumreads for me right now, followed by kelbris.

I will most likely post more detail particularly on Ecto later
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:52 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 985, DeasVail wrote:Also Fitz is a townread for me. His refusal to play along with town norms is what I expect from him. My impression is that he tries to look better as scum by being more amenable/playing along just a little bit more.
You have this impression from playing with Fitz before?

If so can you provide some specific examples of what you're talking about here.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Also Deas, what's your current stance on Transcend?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Ectomancer »

@Luca - I am going to hammer Deas. Just a couple more votes.

Mutant self-analysis cracking me up but he is town.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:50 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 984, DeasVail wrote:
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote:Im reading DV's iso and it is terrifying

He has several naked votes! This pings me for scum! I do not see where the town motivation in naked voting is
--------------------------------------------
He says that he scum reads sheep, transcend, and Kelbris then votes for Boring????? what the hell

earlier he made a crazy lynch pool then voted for Iceguy who wasn't even listed!
--------------------------------------------------

He has said things like
This terrifies me because he hasn't been a huge power player. He is trying to tell us how scum act, so they can act differently, so he can avoid scum reads!
--------------------------------
he said that he won't be active til tomorrow
makes one post
I know that people can't control when they are v/la but the fact he made a post after he said he wouldn't be able to post for a day
----------------------------------
He was not pushing Boring til the end of day one. before that, he was pushing for someone else.
It really seems like he was trying to earn some town credit for not being on the wagon. I don't even see where he made a case on boring.
-----------------------------------
He town readed sheep for a while, then pulled a 180 and voted for me!

scum will avoid the lynch 30% of the time! They do this because it is easy town credit, and i am thinking there is a good chance of a scum buddy bussing!
------------------------------------
Im not sure if i think that transcend could be scum buddy, but im starting to think he isn't
Did you read my posts properly or not really? This is actually an important question that I need you to answer honestly.
yes i read them.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 am

Post by UC Voyager »

VOTE: Deas
this isn't just it. I want to look into a few more case.
Also
thi is't naked. i stated my first case a lil ago.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:03 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 353, DeasVail wrote:I’m at work, but

VOTE: Elmo
In post 374, DeasVail wrote:
In post 363, Luca Blight wrote:Deas, what would be your thoughts if Elmo flipped Town?
I don’t have time right now to go through things with an Elmo-town mindset (and I tend not to read things with the assumption of a particular alignment until there’s a flip because I’m a slow thinker and also a bit lazy), but I would look at things like how people interacted around the wagon. With an easy mislynch I’d expect scum to feel almost guilty about being associated with it and see if that were betrayed by their posts. I’d also pay attention to more generic things that could be amplified by the situation, such as an increased self-consciousness and care put into how they look with anything Elmo-related. And if someone is avoiding the wagon, why are they avoiding it. Do the reasons feel informed? Are they trying to look town by not mislynching Elmo? It’s difficult speaking in general terms like this without examples, but that’s the best I can do.

I also think it’s very unlikely that Elmo is a town PR and I don’t think kelbris is as likely to be scum.
he votes for Elmo in with a naked vote, but turns around and explains why he is town in . Then he unvotes in a few posts, but says "UNVOTE BORING". This is an easy way to get some town credit while still pushing theiggest wagon. and the unvote is probably so people didn't notice.

--------
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Luca Blight »

So now Deas has gone from this:
In post 554, DeasVail wrote:
Ectomancer - Weak Town

*This read needs to be revised if Boring flips town*

I generally like their posts. Particularly ~town~ things for me are:
- Thoughts on Transcend in , which largely aligns with my thinking at this stage of the game.
- The sudden vote on Elmo in also seems unlikely from scum, but I may reconsider this in the event that boring is scum, as I could maybe see it coming from a scumbuddy.
- is a nice post too, but I can't explain why very well.
To this:
In post 985, DeasVail wrote: My vote is going to go to Ectomancer when I have access to a computer.

Main things are his commentary on the vig claims which seemed to be trying really hard to make it into a 1v1 when it wasn’t necessarily and his high-information, low-content posting in general such as his vote on me. I get the impression that there’s a faked enthusiasm in his posting that he doesn’t believe in and his post about makes me suspicious of him trying to fuel my wagon without explicitly bandwagoning.
With not much in-between, which seems like more inconsistency to me.

1) You were all over Boring D1, how can Ecto suddenly be a bigger scumread when you townread him for most of D1 and when he's barely posted so far in D2?

2) in 554 you say you
'generally like'
Ecto's posts, but then in 985 you criticize Ecto for doing
'high-information, low-content posting in general'

3) Another odd thing I noticed about Deas' 554 is that he likes Ecto's post where he wonders why people are townreading Transcend and Deas says it aligns with his thinking on Transcend, but that isn't true as Deas clearly said he townread Transcend early in the game in posts such as , and . Yes, Deas changed his mind on Transcend to 'weak scum' later on, but it still doesn't align with Ecto's view on Transcend which is clearly null at this point.

4) What happened to 172 being unlikely to come from scum? Has Deas revised his opinion on this now?

5) He says 199 is a nice post...but 199 was
my
post, not Ecto's, and I don't get what's particularly 'nice' about it.

Basically I get the feeling Deas is making shit up as he goes along.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Fishythefish »

So yeah, UC's case on DV is just impressively bad.
- Some of it is things that just aren't scumtells
- Some of it is places where UC has misread DV, or is misrepresenting him badly
- In one juicy bit, I think UC slips that he knows boring's alignment
I think this case clearly came from a UC deciding to vote DV, and then justifying it - I just can't imagine it being a genuine read from DV's posting. That's not something town never do, but scum do it a hell of a lot more.

Luca
: what do you think about UC here?
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote: Im reading DV's iso and it is terrifying

UC doesn't explain why these are scummy, but hey, this is gold dust compared to the rest of the case.
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote: --------------------------------------------
These posts are 6 pages apart with massive wagon context UC ignores.
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote: earlier he made a crazy lynch pool then voted for Iceguy who wasn't even listed!
That's just not true. DV did
unvote
IceGuy, which I guess was what UC saw here.
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote: He has said things like
The point about DV saying scum are emotionally involved while being a backseat player himself kinda sounds good, but read it in context. Firstly, DV said scum are
less
emotionally involved. Secondly, DV said that about Viomi replacing out. There's no reading of it where it is relevant to people who aren't getting upset about the game. Go read this in context.
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote:he said that he won't be active til tomorrow
makes one post
Going on V/LA is just not a scumtell.
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote:He was not pushing Boring til the end of day one. before that, he was pushing for someone else.
Huh?
Does UC know boring is town?
I don't see how else this makes sense.
In post 968, UC Voyager wrote:He town readed sheep for a while, then pulled a 180 and voted for me!

I don't know what this means.
@UC:
what lynch were you talking about here, and who are you referring to when you talk about bussing?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@Fish
- I agree with most of your counter-points against UCV.

To be honest I've played in a few games with UCV and am used to his 'style' shall we say, so it no longer pings me as much as it might someone less familiar with his play. What does concern me however is that his posting style is different from what I'm used to - as if he is trying harder or something.

I don't particularly agree with the 'knowing Boring's alignment' scumslip - he seems to be saying it from the hypothetical perspective of Deas being scum and Boring Town.

UCV is certainly one to look into further down the line but I'd prefer not to take my focus off Deas for now.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Thanks. It's helpful (if dispiriting) to hear that meta. The reason I think that might be a scumslip is that otherwise UC is just criticising DV for not being on a wagon. Without the knowledge of who the wagon was on, I don't see what UC's point is.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:11 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 967, Transcend wrote:Hey, ha ha ha

Friendly doggo here to remind you that the rem slot is still scum
Why aren't you voting them then? Or anyone ftm.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 am

Post by DeasVail »

Hey Luca, I will respond to your specific points when I get the chance, but I will say now that I’ve been a lot busier than I expected to be and so it’s been a struggle to properly engage with this. I have to rely on snippets of free time I get at work here and there or reading through things quickly before I go to bed, so a lot of the time my stances are not going to make that much sense based on my previous posts and/or my reads will shift without me making a post about them.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@havingfitz:
I'm not quite sure from your posting - do you think Transcend is scum, or just antitown? I don't think there's any more likely reason for his claim than the gambit he's claimed. While that claim was antitown, it's hardly likely he's going to fakeclaim
again
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 977, mutantdevle wrote:I will give some reads tomorrow wen I can properly define my opinions on people.
Sorry for not delivering on this. I've been really busy today. Possibly will be tomorrow as well but it would be Sunday at the latest.
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”