Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Creature »

In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:12 & 16?
Which is genuine and which is forced?
Also I get the feeling this question is to just test for people who want to appear townie.
Close, but not that.
Sigh
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 23, Creature wrote:
In post 21, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 17, Creature wrote:How many EE players are there?
Rarely updated. ~20 to ~60 players in game at once usually. Forums are still thriving (and introduced me to mafia). Apparently there’s going to be another ownership transition in a few months time.
I mean in this game, or in this site.
To my knowledge I am the only player active on both forums. I know HeyNK has played here in the past but I haven’t seen him since I joined.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:30 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 25, Creature wrote:
In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:12 & 16?
Which is genuine and which is forced?
Also I get the feeling this question is to just test for people who want to appear townie.
Close, but not that.
Damn you saw past my deliberate ambiguity :3

Tbh they both seem kinda forced to me but I’m willing to pass both off as RVS.
I mostly just lurk now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 19, Creature wrote:
In post 3, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Wilky - 7
Creature - 7
Lalendra - 7
Aster - 1
Pisskop - 1
Viomi - 1
Actually, I find this strange. Isn't the 1 group supposed to come first?

5. Numbers selected by only one player will be given higher priority over numbers selected by two players, numbers selected by two players will be given higher priority over number selected by three players, and so on.
6. Players that select the same number will have their order randomized--(e.g. if Elmo selects the same number as players A and B, the priorities of Panda, player A, and player B will be random).
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Creature »

I mean, 1 is lower than 7.
Sigh
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Aster »

Both 1 and 7 were sent in thrice, which puts them below all numbers sent in twice or less, and since 1 < 7, shouldn't the three players who send in 1 be ranked above the three players who sent in 7?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Tbh there’s not really a lot that can be done about it now...
I mostly just lurk now.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Creature »

In post 22, MisaTange wrote:@Creature: Aster's sounds genuine.
What do you think about this post?
Sigh
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Aster »

In post 31, mutantdevle wrote:Tbh there’s not really a lot that can be done about it now...
Sure there is. We can whine, brood and simmer about this injustice for eternity. ^^
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

You can PM me more about the 1 or 7 Talk. I can Assure you that it changed nothing in the game.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I feel like you shouldn't have mentioned that tbh. Because now any person who chose the number 1 will know that someone who did not choose 7 has the PR they wanted if they don't have a PR themselves.

Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
I mostly just lurk now.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Aster »

In post 34, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
You can PM me more about the 1 or 7 Talk. I can Assure you that it changed nothing in the game.
Hold on. I suppose that means the slots would have been assigned identically if the 1 and 7 groups were switched? That does actually give us a bit of information:
  • To anyone in the 7-group who got their slot: nobody in the 1-group tried to get your slot.
  • To anyone in the 1-group who didn't get their slot: either your slot was taken by somebody in the 1-group above you, or it wasn't taken by anyone in the 7-group.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Aster »

EBWOP: on some more thought, there's no "either" necessary in my second statement and it can be amended to
  • To anyone in the 7-group who got their slot: nobody in the 1-group tried to get your slot.
  • To anyone in the 1-group who didn't get their slot: it wasn't taken by anyone in the 7-group.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

wow, finally getting this started - it feels like it's been over a month since i signed up.
In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 18, Creature wrote:Leaving here that I detected so far one post that looks very forced and one post that looks very genuine.

Free towncred if you can find each.
12 & 16?

why did you answer it, then?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:42 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
VOTE: mutantdevle
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Chip Butty »

VOTE: Aster

for rampant setup spec, kinda.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:56 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 39, northsidegal wrote:
In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
???

It's a basic analysis that any decent scum would conclude. On the flipside, if Texcat survives the first 2 nights then that would be a major scum tell for me.

I'm not demanding she role claims, I'm just asking her if she is going to. I do not expect her to tell us what her role is if it gives absolutely no benefit to us. But it's a basic fact that Texcat is DEFINITELY a PR, the allignment of this however is unknown.
I mostly just lurk now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 41, mutantdevle wrote:
???

It's a basic analysis that any decent scum would conclude. On the flipside, if Texcat survives the first 2 nights then that would be a major scum tell for me.

I'm not demanding she role claims, I'm just asking her if she is going to. I do not expect her to tell us what her role is if it gives absolutely no benefit to us. But it's a basic fact that Texcat is DEFINITELY a PR, the allignment of this however is unknown.
why would texcat tell us what role she chose? what possible benefit could we get out of that, especially on day one? even more, in you're assuming that texcat is town.

the sooner we stop talking about the setup the better, and i'm pretty sure i've already found something.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:23 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 42, northsidegal wrote:
In post 41, mutantdevle wrote:
???

why would texcat tell us what role she chose? what possible benefit could we get out of that, especially on day one? even more, in you're assuming that texcat is town.

the sooner we stop talking about the setup the better, and i'm pretty sure i've already found something.
There are a few roles that we may benefit from being aware exists, not many though. And if she is scum then her telling us her role is all the better.

Do you mind sharing what you have found, or is it something you would rather keep quiet for now?
I mostly just lurk now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 43, mutantdevle wrote:There are a few roles that we may benefit from being aware exists, not many though. And if she is scum then her telling us her role is all the better.
okay, explain it to me - in what scenario does it benefit us for texcat to claim?
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Aster »

In post 41, mutantdevle wrote:I'm not demanding she role claims, I'm just asking her if she is going to.
Now this definitely read like a cop-out to me. Your question was
In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose?
Technically this may be a yes/no question. In practice, this is just as much a yes/no question as somebody who asks "Can you pass the salt?" is expecting a yes/no as answer. You were definitely asking to get a roleclaim out of her.

Curious is how quickly you backtrack on asking for a roleclaim. Northside
hadn't even said a word
and you already felt like you needed to defend yourself with "no, I totally wasn't asking for roleclaims!". It gives the impression that
you knew
that you just committed a scum action.

There is one more curious thing about asking for roles: suppose Tex would claim her role. We, as townies, wouldn't have a clue whether her role was town or not. The mafia, however, would know—and if Tex is town (like you
somehow
silently assumed in post #35), then its all the more power to them. Roleclaiming seems kinda more beneficial to mafia than to town.

I would vote you, but my vote is already on you from the RVS, so I shall do the following:

UNVOTE: mutantdevle
VOTE: mutantdevle4reals
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 am

Post by mutantdevle »

If she claimed to be the PGO then she could use the potential of arming herself night 1 as a way to stop the mafia killing her. Furthermore, she would also be able to warn off any protective roles from dying by protecting her.

A similar thing can be said about a commuter who could use the potential of using their ability as a way to trick the mafia into not risking their ability on them.

Speaking of protection, knowing her role would also allow protective roles to make a better judgment over whether it is worth saving her.

Additionally, what role you chose may be reflective of your alignment. Eg. a cop isn't very likely to be chosen by scum.

Finally, certain abilities could benefit us if we knew who the target was even if she dies. (though in most cases the mafia would be able to counter it if they knew who was being targetted).

So there are definitely a few scenarios in which knowing her role helps us; there are not many though. That is why I was asking IF she is going to roleclaim rather than directly asking her to role claim. If you genuinely believe I was expecting her to role claim then you are reading me wrong. If she had or does state that she has no plans to roleclaim then I would not and will not pursue the case any further. But the very notion that she does not want to roleclaim would reduce the chances that she is or isn't certain roles based on the impact that particular role would have by being exposed.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:45 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Personally, If I was first in the draft list then I would be very aware of the fact I am the most likely candidate for being shot N1. As such, I would choose a role that could do the most damage to scum in a single night. If I was scum, the draft list would basically become a hit list but with a few edits based on how players play and sparing a few who I think are no threat to avoid exposing my team. If anyone high up on the draft list has chosen their role without considering that they are night kill bait then they are either scum themselves or have not thought about how the mechanics of a game such as this works.

Luckily for me, my placement in the list allowed me to choose my role more comfortably. Whether or not I received said role or what role I was after I am unwilling to disclose at this time.
I mostly just lurk now.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Aster »

In post 46, mutantdevle wrote:If she claimed to be the PGO then she could use the potential of arming herself night 1 as a way to stop the mafia killing her. [...]

A similar thing can be said about a commuter who could use the potential of using their ability as a way to trick the mafia into not risking their ability on them.
Are you kidding me?

IF SHE WERE TO BE A PGO OR COMMUTER, ROLECLAIMING WOULD COMPLETELY COMPRIMISE HER POWER. COMMUTERS AND PGO'S ARE SUPPOSED TO LURE THE MAFIA INTO TARGETTING THEM AND THEN WASTE THE MAFIA'S ACTIONS AND/OR LIVES.

It really looks like you're thinking about this game from the mafia's perspective instead of town's. My vote stands.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 am

Post by texcat »

VOTE: mutant

No, I am not going to tell you which role I selected. I agree with Aster that asking was scummy, but the backtracking was really scummy.

Return to “Completed Open Games”