wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:56 am

Post by wilky »

In post 46, mutantdevle wrote: Additionally, what role you chose may be reflective of your alignment. Eg. a cop isn't very likely to be chosen by scum.

Right, so lets
ALL
roleclaim then. I mean that will solve the whole game right?

You keep talking about scum being effected by the role being chosen first and that it could damage scum. Who's to say you didn't want to find out because you're scum and want to know if the kill would be successful tonight then?

Furthermore, why wouldn't mafia take cop if they had first choice? I mean I know it doesn't benefit them as much as town but if scum were to take roles such as cop early in the draft they could stop town from having them roles so roles are not AI at all.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am

Post by MisaTange »

Plus, if it wasn't obvious by the mechanics, now it's blatantly obvious that he'll be protected tonight now that someone pointed out that he's a PR.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am

Post by mutantdevle »

If I were a PGO I would want the town to know that so that no protective roles get themselves killed trying to save me; is the death a scum really worth the loss of 2 (or more) townies with at least one being a protective role? At the very least I'd probably fake claim as either PGO or commuter so that the scum are more sceptical of voting for me.

And at no point am I backtracking here. I was always going to back down on the prospect of a claim if you explained you had no desire to do so; I'm sorry if I didn't explicitly state that in my first message. Since you have now said you don't want to role claim, that's the end of it.
I mostly just lurk now.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:04 am

Post by wilky »

In post 52, mutantdevle wrote:If I were a PGO I would want the town to know that so that no protective roles get themselves killed trying to save me; is the death a scum really worth the loss of 2 (or more) townies with at least one being a protective role? At the very least I'd probably fake claim as either PGO or commuter so that the scum are more sceptical of voting for me.

And at no point am I backtracking here. I was always going to back down on the prospect of a claim if you explained you had no desire to do so; I'm sorry if I didn't explicitly state that in my first message. Since you have now said you don't want to role claim, that's the end of it.

"I AM NOT BACKTRACKING.... I'M JUST UHMMM.... EHHMM... FINISHED WITH THE CONVERSATION!!!!!1"
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 50, wilky wrote:
In post 46, mutantdevle wrote: Additionally, what role you chose may be reflective of your alignment. Eg. a cop isn't very likely to be chosen by scum.

Right, so lets
ALL

You keep talking about scum being effected by the role being chosen first and that it could damage scum. Who's to say you didn't want to find out because you're scum and want to know if the kill would be successful tonight then?

Furthermore, why wouldn't mafia take cop if they had first choice? I mean I know it doesn't benefit them as much as town but if scum were to take roles such as cop early in the draft they could stop town from having them roles so roles are not AI at all.
I hadn't previously considered the possibility of scum taking roles to prevent town having them. Possibly because I'm someone who prefers to boost one's own team rather than subtracting from the other.
In post 51, MisaTange wrote:Plus, if it wasn't obvious by the mechanics, now it's blatantly obvious that he'll be protected tonight now that someone pointed out that he's a PR.
To some extent that is a good thing (assuming she is town). A protective role may no longer be required to prevent her death since the scum may assume she is protected anyway. I'd also argue that she is probably one of the more powerful PRs. I don't know about others, but I chose my role based on what I thought would have been taken. As a result, my role choice is neither the strongest role in the game nor what my first choice would be.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:09 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 53, wilky wrote:
In post 52, mutantdevle wrote:If I were a PGO I would want the town to know that so that no protective roles get themselves killed trying to save me; is the death a scum really worth the loss of 2 (or more) townies with at least one being a protective role? At the very least I'd probably fake claim as either PGO or commuter so that the scum are more sceptical of voting for me.

"I AM NOT BACKTRACKING.... I'M JUST UHMMM.... EHHMM... FINISHED WITH THE CONVERSATION!!!!!1"
I had no intent to start much of a conversation. What I expected from that post was either "no I don't want to role claim" or "yes, I'm this role". The result of a yes may have led to a discussion of where to go from there but a no would have had no effect on how to play that day. I did not anticipate such a negative reaction to the prospect of a confirmed PR player revealing what that PR is if they themselves had deemed it something that was beneficial to the town.
I mostly just lurk now.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:10 am

Post by wilky »

In post 55, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 53, wilky wrote:

I had no intent to start much of a conversation. What I expected from that post was either "no I don't want to role claim" or "yes, I'm this role". The result of a yes may have led to a discussion of where to go from there but a no would have had no effect on how to play that day. I did not anticipate such a negative reaction to the prospect of a confirmed PR player revealing what that PR is if they themselves had deemed it something that was beneficial to the town.
So are you going to roleclaim then?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 54, mutantdevle wrote: To some extent that is a good thing (assuming she is town). A protective role may no longer be required to prevent her death since the scum may assume she is protected anyway. I'd also argue that she is probably one of the more powerful PRs. I don't know about others, but I chose my role based on what I thought would have been taken. As a result, my role choice is neither the strongest role in the game nor what my first choice would be.
please stop hinting at what your role may be or that you even have a role - it doesn't benefit anyone except for scum. especially given that scum will know more about the setup than any one individual townie, just knowing that nobody beneath you has your role is just as damaging for town.
In post 53, wilky wrote:

what did you really expect to gain if texcat said that she was the cop or the doctor or something? like, i don't understand why you wanted to have this conversation right now at the beginning of the day and i don't understand what you thought we'd gain out of it anyways.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 56, wilky wrote:
In post 53, wilky wrote:

Personally no. I know that stating my role will have no benefit to town. But there are a few roles that may have some weight on the town by being known even if they have not done anything with them yet.
In post 57, northsidegal wrote:what did you really expect to gain if texcat said that she was the cop or the doctor or something? like, i don't understand why you wanted to have this conversation right now at the beginning of the day and i don't understand what you thought we'd gain out of it anyways.
Cop or doctor isn't so much as what I was expecting. I was more interested to see if they were one of the roles that can actually do something about being targetted by scum. If they did role claim something like cop though (which I don't think any town player in their right mind would do) then I would consider them town.
I mostly just lurk now.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:21 am

Post by wilky »

In post 58, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 56, wilky wrote:
In post 53, wilky wrote:

Personally no. I know that stating my role will have no benefit to town. But there are a few roles that may have some weight on the town by being known even if they have not done anything with them yet.
In post 57, northsidegal wrote:what did you really expect to gain if texcat said that she was the cop or the doctor or something? like, i don't understand why you wanted to have this conversation right now at the beginning of the day and i don't understand what you thought we'd gain out of it anyways.
Cop or doctor isn't so much as what I was expecting. I was more interested to see if they were one of the roles that can actually do something about being targetted by scum. If they did role claim something like cop though (which I don't think any town player in their right mind would do) then I would consider them town.

I really don't see what your angle is with this at all. As i've already said no roles whatsoever in this game are AI. The only reason I can think of for someone to want a role claim so early would be because they are scum and want as much information on town as possible.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 58, mutantdevle wrote:If they did role claim something like cop though
(which I don't think any town player in their right mind would do)
then
I would consider them town
?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 60, northsidegal wrote:
then
?
Like I said. I was not after a cop claim. My point here is that anyone who claims to have the cop role I would consider town because of how useless the role is to scum. However, I would not consider role claiming as cop before you have any results as a good idea.
I mostly just lurk now.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 50, wilky wrote:

Right, so lets
ALL

I doubt that scum were really in the draft.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Chip Butty »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mutant
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 61, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 60, northsidegal wrote:
then
?
Like I said. I was not after a cop claim. My point here is that anyone who claims to have the cop role I would consider town because of how useless the role is to scum. However, I would not consider role claiming as cop before you have any results as a good idea.
certainly you realize that a scum redirector could just fakeclaim as cop, right?
In post 62, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 50, wilky wrote:

Right, so lets
ALL

what makes you say that?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:35 am

Post by texcat »

In post 58, mutantdevle wrote: Cop or doctor isn't so much as what I was expecting. I was more interested to see if they were one of the roles that can actually do something about being targetted by scum. If they did role claim something like cop though (which I don't think any town player in their right mind would do) then I would consider them town.
It looks like your interests are exactly the same as scums' interests. :igmeou:
I doubt that you have read the rules? This makes me think you must be scum trying to be derp-cleared.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:38 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 64, northsidegal wrote:certainly you realize that a scum redirector could just fakeclaim as cop, right?
Anyone can fake claim as anything. But if you can prove someone's role is cop but not what their alignment is then I'd be more inclined to believe a cop is town than scum.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:39 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 65, texcat wrote:It looks like your interests are exactly the same as scums' interests.
No, I have a very different motive for wanting to know your role.
I mostly just lurk now.
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 am

Post by wilky »

In post 50, wilky wrote:

Right, so lets
ALL

So how would scum get there roles then??
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:47 am

Post by wilky »

In post 66, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 64, northsidegal wrote:certainly you realize that a scum redirector could just fakeclaim as cop, right?
Anyone can fake claim as anything. But if you can prove someone's role is cop but not what their alignment is then I'd be more inclined to believe a cop is town than scum.
I'm actually starting to think that you are just idiot town surely scum would have given up on this by now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Vote Count 1.1

CommKnight - (1) Misatange
Creature - (2) Wilky, Mutantdevle,
northsidegal -
Aster -
texcat - (1) Pisskop
Viomi -
mutantdevle - (4) Aster, northsidegal, texcat, Chip Butty
pisskop - (1) Commknight
Chip Butty -
Lalendra -
wilky -
CityElectric -
MisaTange -
Assemblerotws -

With 14 Alive. Takes 8 To Lynch. 7 To No Lynch.
Deadline Timer (expired on 2017-12-10 12:00:00)
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:55 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 69, wilky wrote:
In post 66, mutantdevle wrote:
I'm actually starting to think that you are just idiot town surely scum would have given up on this by now.
Yes I am idiot town if that’s what you consider me to be. But honestly, I’d argue that ignoring people’s concerns is scummier than justifying my opinion. I’ve expressed my interest in discussing the potential of a role claim no further and it is actually others that are continuing it; I am simply replacing. I genuinely believe there is things to be gained by day 1 role claims of players likely to receive a bullet. Obviously, others do not share that opinion.

That vote count reminds me:
UNVOTE:
I mostly just lurk now.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

@texcat : can you point out where it says in the rules that scum participate in the draft?

@wilky : the usual way?

This is my first u-pick game. Is it usual for scum to participate in the draft?
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by wilky »

In post 72, Chip Butty wrote:@texcat : can you point out where it says in the rules that scum participate in the draft?

Even without reading the rules count the number of players in the draft list then count the number of players in the game...
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by wilky »

In post 72, Chip Butty wrote:@texcat : can you point out where it says in the rules that scum participate in the draft?

And if scum didn't participate in the draft then the game would be solvable straight away as the guys not in the draft would be the scum team.

Return to “Completed Open Games”