The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Socrates »

I need somebody to review a simple large normal setup that I plan on running as a speed game. (A qualified backup mod would also be appreciated)

I also need someone to help balance
So you think you can scumhunt?
, a 12 player mini theme where players get rewards based on how well they play.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3124 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:47 am

Post by Socrates »

I modded one game once 6 years ago to completion, flaked off the site, and came back to the site less than a year ago. Do I still get credit for that or will I be turned away at the door?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3156 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Socrates »

Looking for someone to review/back-up a mini theme:
In post 3941, Socrates wrote:/in to mod

Game Name:
A Village in the Woods

Flavor/Mechanics:
This will be a complex, flavor intensive game where not everything is as it seems. Players signing up should be beware that there may be mechanics at play that they may not be made aware of and they may not have a clear idea of every aspect of their role.

Your Experience:
Open 242
Current Modding Commitments:
None
Reviewed By:
Looking into
Back-Up or Co-Mod:
Looking into
Number of Players:
Hydrae:
No more than 2

Restrictions:
Due to the complexity of the game, I am requiring at least 2 completed games.

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics?
cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game

Expect ambiguity, but no direct lies. I reserve the right to refuse to answer any question, though you are certainly welcome to ask.
If you would like to back-up/co-mod, don't worry about writing flavor and such. I'll be handling all of that, and will have the vast majority of it written out beforehand. Help with votecounts wouldn't be scoffed at, though. >.>
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Socrates »

Aristophanes will be backing up this game. Thank you for all the offers!
In post 3156, Socrates wrote:Looking for someone to review/back-up a mini theme:
In post 3941, Socrates wrote:/in to mod

Game Name:
A Village in the Woods

Flavor/Mechanics:
This will be a complex, flavor intensive game where not everything is as it seems. Players signing up should be beware that there may be mechanics at play that they may not be made aware of and they may not have a clear idea of every aspect of their role.

Your Experience:
Open 242
Current Modding Commitments:
None
Reviewed By:
Looking into
Back-Up or Co-Mod:
Looking into
Number of Players:
Hydrae:
No more than 2

Restrictions:
Due to the complexity of the game, I am requiring at least 2 completed games.

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics?
cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game

Expect ambiguity, but no direct lies. I reserve the right to refuse to answer any question, though you are certainly welcome to ask.
If you would like to back-up/co-mod, don't worry about writing flavor and such. I'll be handling all of that, and will have the vast majority of it written out beforehand. Help with votecounts wouldn't be scoffed at, though. >.>

Return to “Mafia Discussion”