Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 248, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 246, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 244, Sesq wrote:as i said, im done with lucky because he is too terrible at this game to warrant my time.

as for ucv wagon... i can see where it's coming from? but he feels somewhat honest. ill have to see more
Oh no... whatever will I do without your insightful...

Spoiler:
In post 72, Sesq wrote: This is so stupid, that all I can say is what
In post 76, Sesq wrote:this is too egregious to continue.
In post 95, Sesq wrote:the worst post in all of mafia
In post 231, Sesq wrote:fucking done with you.

...commentary on my gameplay?

Please... comeback...
this is not that good

Im hoping your joking with the gif because you are telling someone to stop trying to read you. there is a difference between reading and commenting on your gameplay

why do you think he is commenting on your gameplay?
he is saying why your posts are not town motivated
cutting the image from the quote, hope no willy wonka fans mind.

No UCV, I am not really telling her to try and stop reading me. She's made up her mind about me, whatever. I'm just not generally nice to players who use that toxic garbage flavor in their posts. Everyone is the worst, everyone is terrible, everyone is so bad they have to laugh at them and if they make a mistake and mislynch someone its because that player wasn't playing town well enough so they are responsible for their own mislynch. The only player I've ever accepted that toxic playstyle from is RC. Atleast when he does it there is a cute anime avatar to look at.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Note for reference that Cy, having been widely townread early on, has done nothing since.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Sesq »

dont care what you think. play better

VOTE: impede
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 252, Luca Blight wrote:Note for reference that Cy, having been widely townread early on, has done nothing since.
Fair :P

I'll be honest, I'm not too confident in my reads as of late so I wanted to wait things out for a bit.

However, I might as well post some reads just to be relevant again.

Town

Luca Blight
Impede
Laserguy
CultofAthena-Town/Null

Null

UC
Zulfy
Sesq

Scum

Lucky2u-Honestly putting him here
CommKnight
mozamis

I feel like a sheep since this is popular consensus. I work better when there's something I want to contradict.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 254, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 252, Luca Blight wrote:Note for reference that Cy, having been widely townread early on, has done nothing since.
Fair :P

I'll be honest, I'm not too confident in my reads as of late so I wanted to wait things out for a bit.

However, I might as well post some reads just to be relevant again.

Town

Luca Blight
Impede
Laserguy
CultofAthena-Town/Null

Null

UC
Zulfy
Sesq

Scum

Lucky2u-Honestly putting him here
CommKnight
mozamis

I feel like a sheep since this is popular consensus. I work better when there's something I want to contradict.
Oh shit typo with Lucky. I had comments on half of the people but then felt that my reasoning was too weak and tried to delete them. Obviously, I didn't do well enough :T
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 235, CommKnight wrote:{Luca, Cult, Sesq}
{cy, UC}
{Zaraki, Impede, Laser}
{Lucky, moza, Zulfy}

Getting a better feel of people now and moza and Lucky are definitely on the bottom right now. Luca, Cult and Sesq are off the table for today (though Sesq is definitely being looked at more in future days), Cy and UC are more town leans and the rest are more meh. Zulfy is more of an educated gut feel.

People should vote Lucky.
Comm, why do you townlean Cy and scum lean Moza?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by Impede »

Cy, what makes you think CoA is towny?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 253, Sesq wrote:dont care what you think. play better

VOTE: impede
Are you my dad?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Sesq »

im sick of all these people saying absolutely nothing.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 257, Impede wrote:Cy, what makes you think CoA is towny?
Because of posts like this:
In post 224, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 90, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote: TT | Ts
--------
Ts | ss
-snip-
This is a fallacious or at best meaningless application of statistics, as bad as saying "he can't be scum, he rolled scum the last two games!". I'm not sure whether you belive it yourself or not but I'm inclined to think so. I'm not entirely sure what that says about your alignment, if anything at all.
In post 102, mozamis wrote:he's gamesolving, argumentative, transparent and not doging the issue.
comm is town.
That's his personality you're seeing, not necessarily his alignment. Just because people were scumreading Comm for bad reasons doesn't mean townreading him for similarly bad reasons is a good idea either.
In post 106, mozamis wrote:zaraki is prob town as well, very gamesolvy and arguing the toss and being emotional
Are you calling gamesolving?
In post 111, mozamis wrote:
In post 70, CultOfAthena wrote:@cy
Why did you vote Comm in ?
nevr mind the questions, what are your reads, opinions, analysis?
LAMIST.
In post 114, MathBlade wrote:
MOD NOTESUC Voyager replaces lucca261. Please thank and welcome UC Voyager!.
*sigh*
In post 227, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 167, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 59, CultOfAthena wrote:
LaserGuy wrote:Because the reasoning in cy's response is only true if he is Town. Scum!cy obviously knows whether or not scum would be on the wagon and could easily prove it if he really wanted to.
What? Elaborate on this - cy's seems entirely separated from his alignment.
The only way that cy cannot prove this to be true is if he is Town. Scum can easily prove this, they just wouldn't want to. The phrasing suggests that cy did not consider this.
No scum player with two brain cells to smash together would consider it either - it's such a far fetched idea that I don't think it's worth basing your read around.
In post 167, LaserGuy wrote: Post #90 from Zaraki is a hot mess. There's a lot that's weird here... like he says he townread cy between 39 and 50 when he posted that read on #43. Gives cy credit both for my reasoning (dumb tell), but also having a well-composed post which... isn't really something that is hard to fake. Big probability argument that doesn't prove anything. This all looks like bs to me, and this seems like a really excessive explanation to his initial read in #43. I don't believe for a second this was his reasoning at the time he posted his townread of cy. Leaning scum on him, and if Zaraki is scum, would not be surprised if one of cy or Comm turns up scum as well.
I like this.
In post 167, LaserGuy wrote: Sesq looking good. Lucky looking scummy, Luca too. (Did we seriously have a Lucca, Luca and Lucky? Can we lynch of these characters on general principle?)
Interested to hear the reasoning on your Luca read - it's opposite to the seeming consensus.
In post 229, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 171, UC Voyager wrote:@laserguy lets not policy lynch, plus lucca replaced out, so there is just a Luca and Lucky
Where did you get the idea of a policy lynch from Laser's ?
In post 176, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 126, mozamis wrote:giving lucky a town pass for sheer effort.
he copuld be very good scum, but hes not a day 1 lynch
...what? Thanks for town reading me, but this is absolutely the wrong reason to.
I'm pretty sure I like this - it's not often that I see scum questioning townreads on them.
In post 177, Impede wrote:I like the bit about scum trying to get on a townblock. The only problem with it is that there are two "blocks" forming in this game right now that are buddying each other pretty heavily, and the way I see it, you could have scum in either or both.
That's true. The important part to look at is how each person joined (or attempted to join) the townblock - through interactions or through sheeping the general consensus.
In post 198, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Nyegh. After looking at 90, it is a hot mess. I think I fucked up along the lines. (won't lie, I'm not the greatest with percentages so I had an easier time with cy's 4 posts). I was honestly trying to go for an objective analysis, but I guess I fell into the confirmation bias anyways.

Although I feel I townread too early, as he hardly posts. Then again, still a town lean.

I feel Sesq and Luka are def town. As for the other reads? I haven't got my thoughts organized yet. Maybe Impede too? He seems to be getting townier and townier.
Don't try to play mafia like a game of sudoku. I know it feels better to base things off of objectivity but this is a subjective game - put your reads out there, focus on your personal opinions and try to analyze the opinions of others.
In post 199, UC Voyager wrote:I find it very strange how you kept rather silent until this case formed on you, and you started to post again. It makes little to no since.
Does it really not make sense? Think about it.
In post 230, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 206, Impede wrote:Oh hell RVS is over. Need to remove this.
UNVOTE:
It always seems bad to me when people do this, but I'm not sure if it's a scumtell or not.
In post 214, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 168, Luca Blight wrote:
@Laser:
why do I look scummy?
In this type of game, I feel it is very likely there is going to be a lot of SvS infighting early on. You and Lucky's interaction has this vibe to me... you start with a discussion about Comm's intentions, but very quickly Comm is sidelined out of the discussion without any really input from him and you proceed to tunnel each other for the next six pages. The fact that Comm actually commented on your discussion at #100 and neither of you either asked him a question or wanted him to weigh in seems to suggest that neither of you are really interested in Comm at all. This is particularly unsettling since as of #172 don't actually think Lucky is scum, in which case it's not clear to me why you've spent so much energy on this. I'm leaning SvS on this whole interaction.
Good analysis, with the caveat that I think at some point Luca and Lucky's interaction stopped being about Comm and start being about theory or the validity of reads.
In post 225, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 224, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 114, MathBlade wrote:
MOD NOTESUC Voyager replaces lucca261. Please thank and welcome UC Voyager!.
*sigh*
?
Don't worry about it.
So many of their posts seem the same as Luca, who I see as the most town -- prodding without seeming defensive. I respect the style and I see town motivation.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

I feel a little redundant, but I'm going to retract my townlean on Cy.

At the time, he seemed pretty townish but now?

Looking back, he kinda looks like scum who wanted a quick townread, posted a bit to seem townish, and then vanished off the face of the earth to be comfortably lurking.

Let me put it this way: in 90 the math said it was 75%. I failed to mention that this is due to the sparseness of his posts. Since there was less posted, there was less to judge him off. This of course, is convenient to seem townish, but a real towny would probably follow up and continue to try to gamesolve. (none of which he really does, fallacies are fallacies) It is far more convenient for scum to post little, and seem townish as possible, than post a lot and have more revealing information on their thoughts/play.

Slightly starting to scumlean Cy, but mostly null.

Oh and Sesq, do you need to be so damn toxic?
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:35 pm

Also, poliy lynching for not playing to your ideal of good town play is no good. Scum need lynching, not townies.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 262, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Also, poliy lynching for not playing to your ideal of good town play is no good. Scum need lynching, not townies.
Who is the townie in this scenario?
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 pm

In post 263, Impede wrote:
In post 262, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Also, poliy lynching for not playing to your ideal of good town play is no good. Scum need lynching, not townies.
I dislike the vote Sesq put on you. I get that good play is important, but vote somebody for it? That's policy lynching imo.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Impede »

How do you know that I'm Town? No one thus far has really townread me with any confidence.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

I honestly agree. Policy Lynching will be used to the advantage of scum. we should not let scum get the advantage
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 265, Impede wrote:How do you know that I'm Town? No one thus far has really townread me with any confidence.
he didn't say he knew btw
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Does anybody truly know who is town? There is always a chance you are town, and lynching on policy can hit town or scum. That helps scum, not town, especially when said policy lyncher is scum (not implying a lean). It just doesn't make sense to me to lynch based off of a policy rather than evidence.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 231, Sesq wrote:wow athena, that's a lot of nothing you've said.
That's certainly one way to interpret it. An incorrect interpretation, mind you, but an interpretation nonetheless.
But is this from a lack of real content in his posts or a lack of activity? I think there's a distinction you're missing there.
In post 261, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:I feel a little redundant, but I'm going to retract my townlean on Cy.

At the time, he seemed pretty townish but now?

Looking back, he kinda looks like scum who wanted a quick townread, posted a bit to seem townish, and then vanished off the face of the earth to be comfortably lurking.

Let me put it this way: in 90 the math said it was 75%. I failed to mention that this is due to the sparseness of his posts. Since there was less posted, there was less to judge him off. This of course, is convenient to seem townish, but a real towny would probably follow up and continue to try to gamesolve. (none of which he really does, fallacies are fallacies) It is far more convenient for scum to post little, and seem townish as possible, than post a lot and have more revealing information on their thoughts/play.

Slightly starting to scumlean Cy, but mostly null.
Was cy really scum who wanted a quick townread or was he just someone who people (probably scum)
were
quick to point to as town? Nothing I've seen from cy has seemed like he's deliberately seraching to be townread. You're also basing your read here off of a lack of gamesolving which itself is a function of activity - unless you're going to make the argument that cy's activity level has been alignment indicative then I don't think this point holds up.

I've seen some questioning of townreads on me which implies that either the people asking those questions disagree or are having trouble forming their own reads on me. @Those people, what're your takes on me?

By the way, none of the questions I've asked have been rhetorical, @UCV mainly.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Where are you getting this idea from? What is this in response to?
In post 266, UC Voyager wrote:
I honestly agree. Policy Lynching will be used to the advantage of scum. we should not let scum get the advantage
In post 266, UC Voyager wrote: Guys, we should lynch the mafia and not the townies, because that will benefit town. Am I townread yet?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 270, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 266, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 266, UC Voyager wrote: Guys, we should lynch the mafia and not the townies, because that will benefit town. Am I townread yet?
i don't even know where the fuck you are going with this. i am so confused by it lol.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 pm

@CultOfAthena

Well, like I stated before, he presented a nice summed up paragraph on one of the 4. He makes a sorta townish play then vanishes. I get that life is busy, but most people can still get in a post or two. Besides, there is not much of a point in lurking unless A) You don't really have anything to contribute, which doesn't make sense considering the last time he posted was around 100 (to my memory) and it was short. B) This is vanilla and nightless. You don't need to lurk to try to avoid nightkill and get the investigative results safely. There is no power role that has to be wary and nervous about lynching/nk and thus lurks.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:13 pm

In post 270, CultOfAthena wrote:
Response to 253, a very lackluster vote.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 264, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:
In post 263, Impede wrote:
I dislike the vote Sesq put on you. I get that good play is important, but vote somebody for it? That's policy lynching imo.
literally everything here is the exact opposite of what is true

i voted impede for being scum

i voted lucky for policy

policy lynching can help town
In post 269, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 231, Sesq wrote:wow athena, that's a lot of nothing you've said.
That's certainly one way to interpret it. An incorrect interpretation, mind you, but an interpretation nonetheless.
jesus fucking christ. nevermind we're lynching athena today.

VOTE: cultofathena

Return to “Completed Open Games”