Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Sesq »

TIL "i didnt' look for peoples reasoning for their reads" = they have no reasoning for their reads.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.8

UC Voyager(4)
~ Luca Blight, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, Sesq, Lucky2u

Lucky2u(2)
~ CommKnight, LaserGuy
CommKnight(2)
~ cytheflyguy, Zulfy
mozamis(1)
~ CultOfAthena
Impede(1)
~ mozamis

Not Voting (2): Impede, UC Voyager

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-02 21:30:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 15 calls in 12 seconds. With an average of 0.829466666666667 seconds per call.

Edited only to fix vote count number as I can't count/didn't update the autocounter
Last edited by MathBlade on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:32 am

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

I'm sorry, but I was up very late, but I'm going to have to unvote UCV. Looking back, if it really was his first (or one of the) scum game, and you've been using the meta against him, then I see a 7for7 fallacy. Can't follow that.

Also, Sesq is really bouncy with wagoning.
Unvote: UC Voyager
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am

Post by UC Voyager »

give me a min to respond to posts and get to making my own
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 302, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 189, UC Voyager wrote:so far

Town
Luca, Comm, Moz
Can you explain this townread on moz?
He hasn't posted much since my interance, but His posts seem to have a lot of town motivation behind them. I liked how he scum read me, but was also looking for other possible scum.
In post 303, Luca Blight wrote:
UC Voyager

, , , - A continuing theme of
'town should/shouldn't be doing this!'
. This is something UCV does when he is scum.
I actually think i do this as either alignment.

- Completely fake scumhunting. Looks contrived with one townread, one null read, one scum read, and no real reasoning for any of it.
How is that fake scum hunting? how is that scum hunting at all? Those are reads. there is a difference between scum hunting and reads

, ,, , - Buddying me. As I explained before, he knows I know his meta well and that I tunnel on him once I catch on that he's scum, and he entered into this game with the plan of trying to appease me, no doubt about it.
No. I town read you because i thought that you were being townie.

, , - Fence-sitting. This is something I know he does as scum.
I have no idea what you mean by fence shitting for one. for two, i do not see the issue with these posts.

Asking if Impede's play is lurkscum; why can't he judge this for himself?
because i do not recall playing with him in the past.

- non-committal and unexplained reads list where he gives scum leans but says he has no solid scum reads, but is apparently 'still hunting'.
yes and? I had no reads. and i was still trying to make reads.

- Responds to my vote on him for buddying with a further attempt at buddying, saying it's good I don't always consider those who side with me as being of the same alignment. He's also using emotion here to try and get me to change my mind.
omfg. i was saying that i wasn't buddying you, i thought you were townie. And i wasn't using ate to change your mind. I was saying that i wasn't buddying

Other than that, I have played with him many times now and can read this guy like a book. UCV is today's lynch - let's make it happen.
and yet, you have never been in a game with me where i was a vanilla townie which is the most common role in the game. (semi-serious)

Unless anyone can give any good reason why we
shouldn't
lynch UCV today?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:57 am

Post by UC Voyager »

VOTE: Zulfy
im leaving this here until he makes a post or two.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:59 am

Like I said, I believe you Voyager. I voted when I was really tired. Luca's argument seems really 7for7 plus tunnel vision (on you)
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Hi Open 702, it's me, Zulfy.

I've been finishing uni up + replacing my stolen documents so I'll be quiet for a bit but expect me soon.
no investigation no right to speak
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 324, cytheflyguy wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 303, Luca Blight wrote:
UC Voyager

, , , - A continuing theme of
'town should/shouldn't be doing this!'
. This is something UCV does when he is scum.

- Completely fake scumhunting. Looks contrived with one townread, one null read, one scum read, and no real reasoning for any of it.

, ,, , - Buddying me. As I explained before, he knows I know his meta well and that I tunnel on him once I catch on that he's scum, and he entered into this game with the plan of trying to appease me, no doubt about it.

, , - Fence-sitting. This is something I know he does as scum.

Asking if Impede's play is lurkscum; why can't he judge this for himself?

- non-committal and unexplained reads list where he gives scum leans but says he has no solid scum reads, but is apparently 'still hunting'.

- Responds to my vote on him for buddying with a further attempt at buddying, saying it's good I don't always consider those who side with me as being of the same alignment. He's also using emotion here to try and get me to change my mind.

Other than that, I have played with him many times now and can read this guy like a book. UCV is today's lynch - let's make it happen.

Unless anyone can give any good reason why we
shouldn't
lynch UCV today?
In post 313, Luca Blight wrote:Statistics are irrelevant - just because you draw scum one game doesn't mean you're less likely to in the next.

I made a lot of points not involving meta - you haven't addressed them.

I kept an open mind and tried to consider you might be Town, but I just strongly believe you are scum this game. Am I supposed to suppress that feeling in case you get annoyed?

No. Being scumread is part of the game. Deal with it.

Hmm...tbf you only referenced 4 posts that had nothing to do with metaing. These were all the points that had only one post to back up the claim.

The first one made me raise an eyebrow was "no real reasoning for any of it". I'm sorry, but...

Spoiler:
In post 130, mozamis wrote:OK, so P.O.E time:

Town= Moz, Sesq, Lucca, Lucky, Zaraki, Comm

So scum in: archer, impede, cyber, cult, voyager, laser guy

thats four scum in 6 , good odds!

out of those 6, gun to head i would say scum team is: archer, impede, cult and voyager
In post 186, Impede wrote:Finally caught up. Here's where I'm at as far as reads. Not going to post a ton of rationale since I need to get back to work (on lunch right now), but most of it is in my previous posts from the past hour. Feel free to question anything in particular that doesn't jive and I'll explain.

Town
to
Null
to
Scum
:

Sesq, Moz

UCV*, Luca, Cy
----slight
Laser*, Comm
----leaning town
CoA*, Arch('s slot)*
----leaning scum
Lucky, Zaraki

*indicates a need for more content. Don't feel great about these reads.
In post 235, CommKnight wrote:{Luca, Cult, Sesq}
{cy, UC}
{Zaraki, Impede, Laser}
{Lucky, moza, Zulfy}

Getting a better feel of people now and moza and Lucky are definitely on the bottom right now. Luca, Cult and Sesq are off the table for today (though Sesq is definitely being looked at more in future days), Cy and UC are more town leans and the rest are more meh. Zulfy is more of an educated gut feel.

People should vote Lucky.
In post 254, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 252, Luca Blight wrote:Note for reference that Cy, having been widely townread early on, has done nothing since.
Fair :P

I'll be honest, I'm not too confident in my reads as of late so I wanted to wait things out for a bit.

However, I might as well post some reads just to be relevant again.

Town

Luca Blight
Impede
Laserguy
CultofAthena-Town/Null

Null

UC
Zulfy
Sesq

Scum

Lucky2u-Honestly putting him here
CommKnight
mozamis

I feel like a sheep since this is popular consensus. I work better when there's something I want to contradict.

Including myself and excluding UVC, there are four other people who gave little/literally no reasoning for their reads. I feel that UVC's meta has blinded you in the order of who you want to lynch, but these should be addressed as well down the line if we're reasoning that poor reads=a larger likelihood of being scum or not.

Obviously, I don't have the same meta experience as you do (well, none of which I'm allowed to speak of), but you are the only one who has had experience with him out of all of us, as far as I know. I cannot truely take you at your word regarding the meta. Your three posts that I have not addressed do hold some water, but I interpreted them differently. I saw it as more unsure and testing waters more than anything else. I am slightly convinced, but I don't want him lynched just yet. With how fast votes are going for him, for my best interest in using time wisely, I will abstain for now.
Right, so you've taken one part of one point and then used it to dismiss my entire case? The main part of the point you're talking about is that his reads were contrived - how convenient is it to have one townread, one null read and one scum read laid out like that? It isn't natural. The fact there was no reasoning for any of it only compounds the matter as it looks like he's just trying to fabricate something to look busy.

I feel there is enough to warrant a UCV lynch even if you entirely exclude meta. Just note his reaction to being voted - he isn't angry because I'm tunneling him, as I've been doing it for a while this game without him getting angry. He's annoyed that it's working and that I will successfully get him lynched again.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 327, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:I'm sorry, but I was up very late, but I'm going to have to unvote UCV. Looking back, if it really was his first (or one of the) scum game, and you've been using the meta against him, then I see a 7for7 fallacy. Can't follow that.

What happened to my case being 'compelling'?

That's not the only meta I'm using against him. I'm not able to explain fully, but if you look through UCV's recent meta you will see what I'm talking about.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:04 pm

In post 334, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 327, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:I'm sorry, but I was up very late, but I'm going to have to unvote UCV. Looking back, if it really was his first (or one of the) scum game, and you've been using the meta against him, then I see a 7for7 fallacy. Can't follow that.

What happened to my case being 'compelling'?

That's not the only meta I'm using against him. I'm not able to explain fully, but if you look through UCV's recent meta you will see what I'm talking about.
Well, I find some of the points to be still somewhat valid. Buuut, I was also half-asleep at 3 am when I said it was compelling. I still think it could be valid, but I need to check his meta.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

I might get to this game a little later. I just got out of a game that put a lot of pressure on me, so im still trying to calm down N such.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

And still no-one has said why we
shouldn't
lynch UCV. For a D1 lynch this is about as good as it gets.

If we shouldn't lynch UCV then who should we lynch instead?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Impede »

I think the case against UCV is decent based on not having any flip data. I want to know though:
@Luca
, for the sake of argument, what would you consider the
not scummy
alternative to UCV's behavior. In other words, what set of criteria would cause you to form a townread on him?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Basically you're asking me how UCV's behaviour this game could come from a Town perspective?

If so, you should ask that question to whoever is against UCV's lynch.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In response to UVC's orange-coloured text above:

1. I have been in a game with you when you were VT (Baseball).

2. Fence-sitting, not 'fence-shitting'. It's basically where you're flip-flopping; not taking an actual stance on something.

3. Fake scum-hunting as you're giving the impression you're looking for scum. I've already explained why it reads fake.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 337, Luca Blight wrote:And still no-one has said why we
shouldn't
lynch UCV. For a D1 lynch this is about as good as it gets.

If we shouldn't lynch UCV then who should we lynch instead?
i think its prob a good lynvh and i'm prob gonna vote for him
just le tme catch up
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by mozamis »

VOTE: voyager
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 340, Luca Blight wrote:In response to UVC's orange-coloured text above:

1. I have been in a game with you when you were VT (Baseball).

2. Fence-sitting, not 'fence-shitting'. It's basically where you're flip-flopping; not taking an actual stance on something.

3. Fake scum-hunting as you're giving the impression you're looking for scum. I've already explained why it reads fake.
ok. you were replaced out. i forgot about that. plus, would you really count a game where I threw it that baddly. i mean, i pretty much accepted the lynch like a bar of chocolate.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by mozamis »

so why are you voit ng somone who has barel yposted and who has no chance of getting lynched?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

so he posts.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by mozamis »

doesnt really look like scumhunting tbh
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 339, Luca Blight wrote:Basically you're asking me how UCV's behaviour this game could come from a Town perspective?

If so, you should ask that question to whoever is against UCV's lynch.
Not really what I was getting at.

But I think I've seen enough. The fence sitting looks bad enough, but combined with that jankity vote it just comes off wrong.

VOTE: UC Voyager
This is L-2 by my count
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

no. it doesn't. I am intrigued by how Impede jumps onto my wagon so eagerly.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by mozamis »

belated bus

Return to “Completed Open Games”