havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1396, boring wrote:Also, we're at a point where some confirmed town would be really useful. If two PRs are left, we have at least two confirmed town (more, if there's a cop?). If we mislynch today, we're in lylo tomorrow, and I don't have a lot of faith in our/your [if I'm dead] collective scumhunting abilities. I realize that if we out both PR's, one is a guaranteed target tonight. The other tomorrow night. But if we can use the information productively, we may not even need to have a tomorrow night, so there's that.

I'm thinking an organized claim, starting with the most likely scum player claiming first, on through the least scummy.

I'd like specific claims for this reason: if we do "PR", "VT", it makes gambitting easier with a vague PR, That leaves them gladiating, and we're using our aforementioned less-than-great collective scum hunting skills, and we increase the risk of lynching a non-charismatic PR.
I was kind of waiting to see if someone would suggest this. I was thinking the same thing. Dropping the suspect pool down to 5 players and claiming before LYLO...while we still have time to absorb a mislynch if we get a fakeclaim wrong...would be ideal IMO.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1401, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1397, boring wrote:my rationale on Trasncend directly
What was this again?
In post 1358, DeasVail wrote:
In post 1357, boring wrote:
In post 1356, mutantdevle wrote:@boring by the last part of your statement do you mean you think we should explore the idea of lynching someone who is widely considered town (eg. myself) tomorrow?

If so then I see where you’re coming from. It does become suspicious when a strong townie lives for too long. I figured that either myself or Luca would be shot last night and I honestly don’t expect to live to see tomorrow. That’s why I’d like to make it clear that if Transcend flips scum I’d be going after kelbris but if he flips town then I’d be going for boring.
That's a good idea, to be clear of our "tomorrow intents". But I didn't mean tomorrow's lynch should be a widely town-read player. I'm a little confused where you got that from.

I meant scum would have shot someone like you last night, if Transcend was town, as Luca looked to be going after Transcend today. Luca wasn't threatening anyone else. It makes the most sense that scum!Transcend would kill him, counting on the too-scummy-to-be-scum defence to carry him through it.
This was a thought I had as well.

Back when I played more, it was so often that I would see a town player killed after they had locked into scum. But then at least half the time I would see the scum survive because “scum wouldn’t be that obvious”.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1402, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1396, boring wrote:Also, we're at a point where some confirmed town would be really useful. If two PRs are left, we have at least two confirmed town (more, if there's a cop?). If we mislynch today, we're in lylo tomorrow, and I don't have a lot of faith in our/your [if I'm dead] collective scumhunting abilities. I realize that if we out both PR's, one is a guaranteed target tonight. The other tomorrow night. But if we can use the information productively, we may not even need to have a tomorrow night, so there's that.

I'm thinking an organized claim, starting with the most likely scum player claiming first, on through the least scummy.

I'd like specific claims for this reason: if we do "PR", "VT", it makes gambitting easier with a vague PR, That leaves them gladiating, and we're using our aforementioned less-than-great collective scum hunting skills, and we increase the risk of lynching a non-charismatic PR.
I was kind of waiting to see if someone would suggest this. I was thinking the same thing. Dropping the suspect pool down to 5 players and claiming before LYLO...while we still have time to absorb a mislynch if we get a fakeclaim wrong...would be ideal IMO.
Exactly. I usually only get resistance from scum wanting to raise fake town pitchforks and say I'm rolefishing, but this is our best strategy at this point, and it's best to start in the first 24 hours so we have time to process all the information we get from the claims before there's pressure to really pick our day's lynch.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1376, DeasVail wrote:
Spoiler:
But right now I reckon boring is the best bet for scum:
In post 1354, boring wrote:There's no way Transcend's town. And all this cop-talk just looks like him trying to tease out another naive PR.

That lolhammer was beyond anti-town. Added with all the other toxic, ridiculous play this game, he really must be just a cheap-shot scum player.

Luca successfully rallied the town to vote UCV, and he was clearly going after Transcend next, with no one else clearly in his crosshairs. If Transcend was town, there's no reason to kill Luca. Better mutant, or someone else widely townread. Luca would have guaranteed a Trasncend lynch today.

VOTE: Transcend

I think this is vote #4, so

L-1
In post 1362, boring wrote:Seriously, Kelbris? Everyone hasn't even checked in yet.

Scum!Transcend -- I'm looking at Kelbris and Ecto tomorrow
Town!Transcend -- Kelbris, and then everyone else.
If you're convinced that Transcend is scum here, as your previous post suggested, why this reaction to a hammer?
Dude, really? You should know better. Kelbris hammered when we were less than 24 hours into the day. That's not good.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't have a list of who was assigned which alignments. I can very strongly suspect someone is scum, but I'm not delusional enough to think there's no chance I'm wrong. What if someone really did have an innocent on him? What if someone had other information about the night events? Maybe a tracker saw someone move for the NK? We didn't fucking know. Kelbris marches to the beat of his own drum, and I get that, but that rapid hammer was incredibly suspect.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1404, boring wrote:I usually only get resistance from scum wanting to raise fake town pitchforks and say I'm rolefishing, but this is our best strategy at this point, and it's best to start in the first 24 hours so we have time to process all the information we get from the claims before there's pressure to really pick our day's lynch.
I'd like to nominate myself for best run-on sentence ever. I'll get started on my acceptance speech.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by kelbris »

I understand what you mean about my hammering less then a day into the 3rd day being really bad, I followed my instincts on Transcend based on the information I had at my disposal and his play-style thus far.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by kelbris »

And in regards to boring's post regarding the claims, I would be glad to go first-VT. Ain't no special abilities here.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I think I like the idea of mass claiming! We have lotsa time so I motion that we all vote on who claims first. Majority vote goes first.

It's crucial that we get scum to claim first to lock them into who they want to go up against, the PR group or the VT group.

CLAIM: FITZ

Fitz has been playing a game very safe and close to the chest. He is either a PR or Scum.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1395, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1389, ProHawk wrote:
In post 1388, havingfitz wrote:mutant...I'm leaning towards you not being scum so I'd appreciate an unvote.

I'm not scum.
Am I good to vote you then?
Only if you are scum.
That's what I was trying to get out of you...
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Boring the mass claim should take place tomorrow (unless either PR thinks they are going to die tonight) but ONLY if we lynch town today. All PRs have to role claim on mylo because there’s not much point in having a PR if it gets endgamed without giving us much information.

And sure I’m willing to go after deas first.

I’ll reply to prohawk’s and fitz’s posts later.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

That moment you don’t notice that new page...
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Oh okay I guess we are mass claiming. I’m last in boring’s order but I don’t think that matters since everyone knows my role anyway :3
I mostly just lurk now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1392, mutantdevle wrote:I’m sure I’ve said this before but whatever. I originally considered him scum on D1 but since then I had been leaning town on him.

What are your thoughts on my night kill analysis? You seem to have conveniently ignored it.
I disagree with putting so much stock in night Kill analysis compared with reading in-game play considering the assumptions made, but that comes down to a play style difference I think.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1397, boring wrote:Fitz and Deas were more targeted than the other players by Ectomancer yesterday. Luca, obviously, was a threat to both as well.

Also, Deas was the only player to support my rationale on Trasncend directly, and now he's voting me right out the gate. Isn't that a little weird?
I thought Transcend was scum, which would have made you most likely town. So how is it weird?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1405, boring wrote:
In post 1376, DeasVail wrote:
Spoiler:
But right now I reckon boring is the best bet for scum:
In post 1354, boring wrote:There's no way Transcend's town. And all this cop-talk just looks like him trying to tease out another naive PR.

That lolhammer was beyond anti-town. Added with all the other toxic, ridiculous play this game, he really must be just a cheap-shot scum player.

Luca successfully rallied the town to vote UCV, and he was clearly going after Transcend next, with no one else clearly in his crosshairs. If Transcend was town, there's no reason to kill Luca. Better mutant, or someone else widely townread. Luca would have guaranteed a Trasncend lynch today.

VOTE: Transcend

I think this is vote #4, so

L-1
In post 1362, boring wrote:Seriously, Kelbris? Everyone hasn't even checked in yet.

Scum!Transcend -- I'm looking at Kelbris and Ecto tomorrow
Town!Transcend -- Kelbris, and then everyone else.
If you're convinced that Transcend is scum here, as your previous post suggested, why this reaction to a hammer?
Dude, really? You should know better. Kelbris hammered when we were less than 24 hours into the day. That's not good.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't have a list of who was assigned which alignments. I can very strongly suspect someone is scum, but I'm not delusional enough to think there's no chance I'm wrong. What if someone really did have an innocent on him? What if someone had other information about the night events? Maybe a tracker saw someone move for the NK? We didn't fucking know. Kelbris marches to the beat of his own drum, and I get that, but that rapid hammer was incredibly suspect.
Um, you literally said “there’s no way Transcend is town”. Did you mean that or did you not mean that?

I agree with you that the hammer was not a good move, but I think that reaction comes from someone who knows Transcemd is town, not someone who believes Transcend is scum.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Deas are you going to role claim?
I mostly just lurk now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 am

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah sure I’m a VT
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:11 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1413, mutantdevle wrote:everyone knows my role anyway :3
Where did you claim?

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1419, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1413, mutantdevle wrote:everyone knows my role anyway :3
Where did you claim?
I haven't explicitly claimed but I feel like anyone could infer that I am a VT.

People who still need to claim:

Fitz, boring, ProHawk and fishy.

Speaking of fishy. He hasn't commented in a while. I'd hate for him to replace out at this point in the game :/
I mostly just lurk now.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:32 am

Post by ProHawk »

FitZ claims next
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 am

Post by havingfitz »

I'll claim if ProHawk claims next after me.

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Tbh if you have nothing to hide then the order shouldn’t matter. The order we claim in only effects scum. This applies to both of you. You should both claim once you click on this thread next regardless of who’s claimed before you.
I mostly just lurk now.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:47 am

Post by havingfitz »

I'm a PR.