Normal Roles

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

ninja as modifier and universal instead of scum limited

You are a <alignment> <ninja> <other role.>

<description of other role.> Any night actions you take cannot be seen by roles that get results based on the actions players performed.

honestly i don't see why this is alignment restricted in the first place / not listed as a modifier

edit: strongman too
Last edited by acidphoenix on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

In post 4, Espeonage wrote:1. The role: Chocolate Townie / Named Townie
2. A sample PM

You will appear as Non-Vanilla to any roles that receive results in the form of Vanilla/Non-Vanilla

3. A reason why you think it should be on the Normal List

We already have false negatives/positives in the form of Miller and Ninja in the explicitly normal. This, much like Fruit Vendor above are used to tone back the power of certain investigative roles without clearing a scum (ala Godfather) which provides a balance tool where it is needed for mods.

I would argue that if this were not allowed to be normal then Miller should come out of the Normal pool.
ftr i agree with this but i would argue that miller should come out of the normal pool regardless; as far as i can tell it only adds dumb wifom to the game rather than any sort of interesting mechanic

i'd be fine with named <alignment> existing and miller being removed too

edit based on lack of responses in ms discord: why is Delayed explicitly non-normal

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i agree as a matter of principle but think the existence of miller actively detracts from games, because i don't think the wifom presented by it is good in any way for a

i don't think miller should be removed from the whitelist EXCEPT to put it on the blacklist, but i would rather it be on the blacklist than left on the whitelist

i would extend the first part of the above to all roles, not just miller (no role should be removed from the whitelist without

idk if it deserves explicit whitelisting but i can't think of a good reason for delayed / town arsonist to be explicitly non-normal

vanillaiser / neutral arsonist should probably be removed from the blacklist also but i understand reasons for them to be blacklisted at least

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:43 am

Post by acidphoenix »

thought: "no
role