Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

MOD NOTESV/LA for CommKnight acknowledged. Due to the length of each day and regular prod cycle, I would like to encourage you to try to post at least during your V/LA period. Good luck with your school stuff.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

I'm sorry I'm just not able to get into this game.

I may have to replace out if I can't get into it by tomorrow.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm gonna chop the lynch pool down to three.

LaserGuy
Impede
Zaraki

One of these is being lynched today.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 am

Post by CommKnight »

Well, I can say that if Luca is scum this game, he's very committed. Even as far as having a decent reason for removing me from the list that isn't some bullshit under pressure removal or pulled out of his ass.

I can also agree with that list of 3. I mean regardless of Luca's alignment. I don't believe all 3 of those are town at all. 1-2 scum in that list.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 653, Luca Blight wrote:I'm gonna chop the lynch pool down to three.

LaserGuy
Impede
Zaraki

Did I miss the reason you removed Athena from this list?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:13 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Because I prefer a lynch on one of those three for now, and for other reasons I might get to later.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm assuming LaserGuy will be wanting to lynch Impede.

If not then can you update us on your read, LaserGuy.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:58 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 619, Luca Blight wrote:Why is Athena town?
I feel that the fact that she is following her own instincts and pursuing her own leads rather than just sticking with the plan is more likely to come from Town in this context. On balance I feel that scum are probably more likely to just go along with the plan because it's an easy way to look Townie and not draw attention to themselves without really needing to commit to anything. Taking a public stance against the general trajectory of Town's plans may be anti-Town, but it is anti-Town in an a stubbornly independent way that I usually associate with townies.

That aside, while it is true that she was reluctant to join the UCV wagon and found you scummy in D1, but I can hardly fault her for that since I did the same thing. None of her arguments on this point have really pinged me as a buddy interactions. Most of the remainder of her content is active and thoughtful. Her tone feels townie to me, and I can see her trying to work things out.
Luca Blight wrote:I'm assuming LaserGuy will be wanting to lynch Impede.

If not then can you update us on your read, LaserGuy.
Yes, I'd prefer Impede to Zaraki.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Impede
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:01 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 639, Zulfy wrote:Cuz I got my wallet stolen and had to take quick measures to replace my documents, which meant a lot of waiting in lines and not a lot of mafia playing.
In my exoerience, these excuses are ture? maybe I'ma gullible twat, but this has the ring of truth to me.
plus his more recen tposts have all seemed kinda noob town to me.
think we should take him out of lynch pool.
@ Lucca - why are you not considering Cult? I'm pretty sure he's scum.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 646, Luca Blight wrote:I am controlling today's lynch because I have earned the right to.
easy tiger. no one is "controlling" the days lynch. This is a team game...:)
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:07 am

Post by mozamis »

still think comm is town - particularly arguing the toss with Lucca like that - there is very little scum motivation for arguing with the most widely read town player. most scum try and blend in more than that.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 658, LaserGuy wrote:but I can hardly fault her for that since I did the same thing
prob why you are scum with her lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 am

Post by mozamis »

bad english - not why you are scum, but BECAUSE you are scum with Cult.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:10 am

Post by mozamis »

the resisatnce to the cult wagon is very encouraging.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 am

Post by mozamis »

it was both cult and laser who were very relucant to lynch UV - and with basically no reason. so keeping it simple they prob are scum.
Last scummer is tricky but never mind for now, 2 is good :)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:16 am

Post by mozamis »

it's Moz, Lucca, Sesq, Comm, Lucky who are unlychable today for me.
Not that keen on Impede or Zulfy.
Zaraki might be the tricky one?
Cyfly, Laser and Cult prefered.

(guess that lynch is pretty much in order of most town to most scum at bottom).
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 653, Luca Blight wrote:I'm gonna chop the lynch pool down to three.

LaserGuy
Impede
Zaraki

put athena back in or ill fuckin die

also why is laser scum
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:03 am

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 584, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 571, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 562, LaserGuy wrote:
We're going to have to deal with the slot sooner or later. Even if it does turn out to be a Town slot, it's not like they're doing anything to help out. There isn't really any harm in doing this.

VOTE: Zulfy
What's the need to deal with him today as opposed to in the future? Presumably if the lurking is actually due to real life reasons and not an in-game strategy, that should be cleared up sometime later. This seems uncharacteristically concise and nonanalytical, compared to my playerimage of you.
Remember, there is no night kills or power roles in this setup. Therefore the usual reasons for not wanting to lynch lurkers, or even marginally scummy players don't really exist here... we don't risk losing a strong townie voice or PR by lynching them. We just lose a slot that we can't read. It's likely that sooner or later, especially once we get down to only one or two scum left, we're probably just going to have to systematically lynch a couple of the players that people are fairly uncertain about, and that's fine. We have mislynches to spare, and with each scum we lynch, we can afford to lose another townie.

Yes, Zulfy could someday produce some great content that would make it worth keeping them around. Frankly, I think their content will need to be truly speculator to get them up to near-conftown status. Or they could continue to lurk and prod dodge for the foreseeable future. How much time is worth waiting for them to do something on the off-chance that they contribute something of value?
@Athena,
why didn't you respond to me here?
In post 635, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:Scum:
Zulfy
Commknight
Laserguy
Can you explain these reads?
In post 591, mozamis wrote:Migth even be Impede signalling to his scu buddies that he wants them to lynch Zulfy "I'm defintely gonna be on this wagon, lads"
Noting moz Townslipping here.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 666, mozamis wrote:Not that keen on Impede or Zulfy.
*not that keen on LYNCHING impede or zulfy that should have been
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 661, mozamis wrote:still think comm is town - particularly arguing the toss with Lucca like that - there is very little scum motivation for arguing with the most widely read town player. most scum try and blend in more than that.
The irony is killing me.
In post 665, mozamis wrote:it was both cult and laser who were very relucant to lynch UV - and with basically no reason. so keeping it simple they prob are scum.
Last scummer is tricky but never mind for now, 2 is good :)
You're not listening to anything that I'm saying, intentionally or not. Let me ask you a question - in this setup, why would scum be reluctant to lynch their scumbuddy?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 668, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 584, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 562, LaserGuy wrote:
We're going to have to deal with the slot sooner or later. Even if it does turn out to be a Town slot, it's not like they're doing anything to help out. There isn't really any harm in doing this.

VOTE: Zulfy
What's the need to deal with him today as opposed to in the future? Presumably if the lurking is actually due to real life reasons and not an in-game strategy, that should be cleared up sometime later. This seems uncharacteristically concise and nonanalytical, compared to my playerimage of you.
Remember, there is no night kills or power roles in this setup. Therefore the usual reasons for not wanting to lynch lurkers, or even marginally scummy players don't really exist here... we don't risk losing a strong townie voice or PR by lynching them. We just lose a slot that we can't read. It's likely that sooner or later, especially once we get down to only one or two scum left, we're probably just going to have to systematically lynch a couple of the players that people are fairly uncertain about, and that's fine. We have mislynches to spare, and with each scum we lynch, we can afford to lose another townie.

Yes, Zulfy could someday produce some great content that would make it worth keeping them around. Frankly, I think their content will need to be truly speculator to get them up to near-conftown status. Or they could continue to lurk and prod dodge for the foreseeable future. How much time is worth waiting for them to do something on the off-chance that they contribute something of value?
@Athena,
why didn't you respond to me here?
It didn't seem like you were looking for a response and Zulfy had already begun posting at the time. I still disagree, however, and so I'll illustrate my opinion for you.

For one, you're calling Zulfy a "lurker", which carries with it some connotation that isn't accurate in this situation. Zulfy hasn't been "active lurking", ie posting only to prod dodge - so far it appears like he was actually busy in real life and now has more time to dedicate towards the game. The way that his wagon popped up today was jumping the gun. I also take particular issue with your last sentence. How much time is worth waiting? How much is time worth at all? What do we lose of significance by waiting just a few days into the new day phase for someone who was (or at least, professed to be) busy in real life to catch up and begin producing content? Even further, what's with the expectation that Zulfy has to get himself to "near-conftown status"? It seems like you're placing expectations upon him that don't apply to anyone else, and I'm not sure why.

Unless you're still pushing Zulfy on the grounds of lurking, however, the point is moot.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

@mozamis
In post 558, mozamis wrote:VOTE: zulfy

Normally I would say "we should have done this day 1" but since we caught scum, I'll let you guys off! :P
but really, this guy has doen LITERALLY no scum hunting all game, less than when town lurk.
i've seen scum lurk like this many times.

obv, there is a chance of him being town and lurking, but if so, we have 1 mislynch available, yeah??
but, as i say this is mainly a genuine "this guy is scum" lynch
, with a twenty per cent PL Lurker lynch as well.

Cult is still my other top pick for scum.
Who the last scum is I'm less clear now.
What makes you think Zulfy is scum? That's a pretty detailed read for someone with two posts, total - seven, if you count his predecessor.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 671, CultOfAthena wrote:For one, you're calling Zulfy a "lurker", which carries with it some connotation that isn't accurate in this situation. Zulfy hasn't been "active lurking", ie posting only to prod dodge - so far it appears like he was actually busy in real life and now has more time to dedicate towards the game. The way that his wagon popped up today was jumping the gun. I also take particular issue with your last sentence. How much time is worth waiting? How much is time worth at all? What do we lose of significance by waiting just a few days into the new day phase for someone who was (or at least, professed to be) busy in real life to catch up and begin producing content?

Even further, what's with the expectation that Zulfy has to get himself to "near-conftown status"? It seems like you're placing expectations upon him that don't apply to anyone else, and I'm not sure why.
Quite the contrary, I expect that anyone who is not basically conftown is going to get lynched before the end of the game (and I include myself in this count). I think it's fairly likely that sooner or later we're just going to have to start PoE lynching a bunch of people... I don't see any way around this if at least one scum is even marginally competent. We don't have any investigative PRs, and don't have any extra information as provided through the night kill. Conftown is the only thing we have that even remotely resembles a PR in this game, but it's a powerful one. If we get four conftown players at this point, we can win by literally just lynching every other player in the game.

At the time of posting my vote, Zulfy essentially no content, and Archwing before him had little enough. As I said earlier, policy lynching this game is very low risk for Town... we aren't trading a bad slot (lurker) for a good slot (somebody who gets NKed)... we're just losing a player with minimal content that is hard to read, and narrowing the number of potential scum candidates, something that we're very likely going to have to do anyway. This is actually why I like the scum pools that Luca has been setting up. If we can get to a point where we can pretty confidently say "there is one scum in these three players", then it is actually not a terrible play for Town just to lynch everyone in the pool even on the off-chance that all three are Town.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 673, LaserGuy wrote:Quite the contrary, I expect that anyone who is not basically conftown is going to get lynched before the end of the game (and I include myself in this count). I think it's fairly likely that sooner or later we're just going to have to start PoE lynching a bunch of people... I don't see any way around this if at least one scum is even marginally competent. We don't have any investigative PRs, and don't have any extra information as provided through the night kill. Conftown is the only thing we have that even remotely resembles a PR in this game, but it's a powerful one. If we get four conftown players at this point, we can win by literally just lynching every other player in the game.
You place far too much confidence in the idea that people can even become "conftown" in this setup. I'm not sure whether you have any ulterior motive or not to push this idea, but either way it's an incredibly dangerous one. You shouldn't treat anybody as conftown in this setup - perhaps the
primary
goal that scum actually have this game is to insert themselves into that group, whereupon if we were to follow your strategy, scum would win guaranteed.
At the time of posting my vote, Zulfy essentially no content, and Archwing before him had little enough. As I said earlier, policy lynching this game is very low risk for Town... we aren't trading a bad slot (lurker) for a good slot (somebody who gets NKed)... we're just losing a player with minimal content that is hard to read, and narrowing the number of potential scum candidates, something that we're very likely going to have to do anyway. This is actually why I like the scum pools that Luca has been setting up. If we can get to a point where we can pretty confidently say "there is one scum in these three players", then it is actually not a terrible play for Town just to lynch everyone in the pool even on the off-chance that all three are Town.
Why would you rather lynch someone who you have no or little information on as compared to someone you have information on and you believe to be scum? Comparatively little information is gained from a lurker lynch as compared to a lynch on a more active player.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 674, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 673, LaserGuy wrote:Quite the contrary, I expect that anyone who is not basically conftown is going to get lynched before the end of the game (and I include myself in this count). I think it's fairly likely that sooner or later we're just going to have to start PoE lynching a bunch of people... I don't see any way around this if at least one scum is even marginally competent. We don't have any investigative PRs, and don't have any extra information as provided through the night kill. Conftown is the only thing we have that even remotely resembles a PR in this game, but it's a powerful one. If we get four conftown players at this point, we can win by literally just lynching every other player in the game.
You place far too much confidence in the idea that people can even become "conftown" in this setup. I'm not sure whether you have any ulterior motive or not to push this idea, but either way it's an incredibly dangerous one. You shouldn't treat anybody as conftown in this setup - perhaps the
primary
goal that scum actually have this game is to insert themselves into that group, whereupon if we were to follow your strategy, scum would win guaranteed.
What do you think the alternative is? If we have a choice between lynching player that is 90% likely to be town and another that is 40% likely to be town, the correct play is to lynch the one that is 40% likely to be town. The more players that we can put into this category, the more likely we are to win. Now sure, at this stage of the game, saying we have four or five conftown players is silly. We don't.
Why would you rather lynch someone who you have no or little information on as compared to someone you have information on and you believe to be scum? Comparatively little information is gained from a lurker lynch as compared to a lynch on a more active player.
Because a player that is active is likely to continue to be active. They will be easier to sort as the game goes on.

Return to “Completed Open Games”