Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #42 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

This is gonna be a tough one for me, as I only have previous experiences with 3 players (erm.. actually 2 players and one lurker) :P

Anyway, hello all and..

VOTE: Transcend

If your vote ain't on me already you must be up to no good. :lol:

@Voyager: Consider my vote on you already. I just had to greet Transcend with my RVS powers.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Keychain: "The how long does RVS last" bit is fake pretension, and continuing to argue about it is overly so. It gave me the impression Voyager is trying to cover up for something but he miscalculated his move.

However, I was ONLY thinking of the "cannibals" when I said that, which would have given us a 75% hit rate on scum if we lynched him (2 Mafia + 1 SK vs 1 Vig). I now realize it could also be the other 2 TPRs, so the hit rate is 50%, and to add the possibility that it just might be a play style (I don't know him and never played with him before) I'd say LESS than 50%.

So, still the best lynch IMHO but I'm not going to vote him right away. Instead I'll wait for Transcend to engage me, N_M to keep on lurking, or someone else to start something or look more suspicious.

@Transcend: Come on, Doggie. By the power invested in me by the people of .. erm .. the bork bork person, I hereby summon you to appear in my presence, so that I can take a "peek" (or rather a peak) at you, and you may take a "bite" at me too. :P

Oh, and @Gödel: I googled it, and I got this..

Jigglypuff known in Japan as Purin (プリン), is a Pokémon species in Nintendo and Game Freak's Pokémon franchise. Created by Ken Sugimori.

jiggly = something that jiggles or wobbles (adjective)
puff = a light cake filled with cream (or any item resembling its shape)

So it's sort of like a cake-shaped creature that jiggles, or wobbles. Hence its name!

I hope that helps :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

@northsidegirl: I'm confused as to what exactly you want me to explain, so I'll try to state my stance and objective and hopefully you'll get where I'm coming from.

Basically, I want to hunt down the cannibals. You wonder why "cannibals" and not "just scum", which is confusing to me as
all scum are cannibals in this game
, which means eliminating all cannibals = eliminating all scum.

However, there's also one town-aligned cannibal in the setup, so we have a total of 3 scums, all cannibals out of a total of 4 cannibals. It might have been survivalist for me to think it was an acceptable risk (nobody wants to die and leave the game and it applies to me too), but it also had to do with the unannounced flips for the cannibal kills. In my head it was: worst case we lynch the vig, so 2 NKs with unknown flips rather than 3, AND we might even know if the Mafia got the SK the next night if we only have one NK then.

While I was typing my thoughts it occurred to me that I had been too focused on the cannibals that I totally forgot there were 2 other PRs who are NOT cannibals so that's why I said what I said. I also do not have a crystal ball so I could still be wrong so added that factor at the end.

With this and with me trying to determine the alignment of others, like Transcend (one of the very few I have previous experience with) I don't see why I should rush a lynch on someone I had just said I suspect but NOT SURE is scum. I'll wait for Transcend to start playing the game so that I have a better chance of guessing his true colours, and maybe a few others too. (I won't be sharing a read list on D1, but I already have marked down 2 players as most likely town and 3 as more suspicious than the others).

Does it make any more sense now?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

@northsidegal/@Keychain:

Am I speaking another language?

1- ALL SCUM ARE CANNIBALS
2- I FORGOT ABOUT THE NON-CANNIBAL PRs
3- I WANT ALL FLIPS EXPOSED BECAUSE I NEED THE INFO TO GET BETTER READS ON THE LIVING PLAYERS

Now, what IS there not to understand? UCV was acting weird and I interpreted it as someone who got a role they couldn't handle. It was as if he wanted to create a smoke screen to camouflage himself, and it singled him out instead. Why would he do that? Because he is "not a VT". Why a "cannibal"? Because I forgot about the other 2 PRs (see #2 above), Why would I want cannibals out? refer to #1 & #3 above. It's not rocket science.

On another note, my RVS vote on Transcend is now a semi-serious one. While Transcend's trolling is normal; he usually provides more contend and even much more posts (I can't say they'd "all" have content, but his posting count along with them being one-word each is not Transcend-like to me).

@Transcend: Hey, buddy... picture me standing with a little kitten right at my feet. She's afraid of you, but she feels that I can protect her. I'm even meowing back at her as I'm kneeling down to pat her on the head. Now tell me how this makes you feel. Come at me. Let's fight!

P-edit: PMysterious beat me to it. Good to know I'm not alone here.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #102 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

Nothing much happened since my last post.

Ohm WAIT! Something MAJOR did happen: N_M has posted!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 110, Gödel wrote:
In post 83, Keychain wrote:
Gödel wrote:Just from a quick skim of some players posts
is this a correct assumption a couple of you guys have played with UCV
and you though he was trying to play a newbie card to explain any mistakes he makes? and that is why you are now voting for him?
"a couple of you guys" is very indirect. Who are you talking about?
As stated by someone else yes it was the people voting for him and attacking him for his statement. (so that is assmeble, north, PMysterious,
and Almost50
, i looked it up before I posted) The reason for asking indirectly is was that I was too lazy to go back and reread the thread to get the names, sorry.

also it seems we have 2 trolls in the thread transcend and not mafia

@PM do you have some game numbers to back that up? the whole transcend troll scum thing
I didn't thinl you were referring to me too with this, as I already said:
In post 49, Almost50 wrote:and to add the possibility that it just might be a play style (I don't know him and never played with him before)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 113, Transcend wrote:I'm not
hing but
a troll
Fixed that for ya :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 116, Not_Mafia wrote:assembler and UC are scum together btw
You get a TR for this post alone. I'll add that northsidegirl is the SK, and that I already determined who the Town Vig is too.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

Let me know when you guys are ready to lynch.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 124, Transcend wrote:i don't like the association nm made with ass-ucvoy
I do. My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 135, Keychain wrote:
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.
I don't like this pool, mostly because it's got North in it and I've been able to follow her thought process and it seems solid. However it does make me scumread you further because it seems like you just want her dead in reaction to her questioning you.
I'd much rather have Godel in there instead. Or you :wink:
Several people have questioned me and that includes YOU, yet I don't want you dead, so... *Shrug*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 136, Transcend wrote:
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:
In post 124, Transcend wrote:i don't like the association nm made with ass-ucvoy
I do. My lynch pool is in UC Voyager/Assemblerotws/northsidegal for today. I'd say one gets the rope, one gets blocked and one gets checked or vigged.
Yet, you're voting me and I have the highest total of votes

:thinking:
Chillax!

1- My vote on you was RVS that turned into a pressure vote to get you talking. Now I'm considering moving it to a nore serious target.

2- You only have 3 votes out of 7 needed for lynch. In other words you were never in real danger of getting lynched even if all scums decided to join it for a speed lynch. I thus didn't feel the need to unvote before I did decide on whom to vote for the lynch.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #157 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 138, Transcend wrote:Right well his vote still sucks given his stance

Kinda looks like "Hey I fos x, y, and z and x has the most amount of votes, but I'm gonna vote w instead and let you guys tear apart x so i can get away without any blood on my hands."
Something calling something something!!

U mean, this from the guy who has parked his vote on someone and never even made a case, and is still voting them even though it looks like a vanity wagon for all practical purposes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 147, northsidegal wrote:
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:
would you mind explaining your read on me and providing your own opinion on assemble? i assume your opinion on ucv is unchanged from .
You were easily triggered by me saying I was hunting "cannibals". I won't go through too many details but I'd say you're either the Vig or the SK at this point (Keychain can be the other one but he handled it a bit more subtly).

Assemblerotws is more of a gut feeling, and yes I had been following my initial thought process for UCV up until now. However, I'm starting to consider a Transcend+Keychain scum team (which also coincides with Transcend scum play of distancing with his p) and that would put Assemble on the clear as the other 2 cannibals would still be you and UCV.

Gun to my head I'd say you are the SK because the Vig would not be as jumpy to someone hunting them as they (a) would know that bringing down all cannibals = Town win, and (b) do not have a "you must outlive everyone else or you're toast" kind of a win con.

Now YOU need to explain why you made (and still are making) such a fuss about how I opted to phrase my thoughts and how does "hunting scum" differ from "hunting cannibals" in your own dictionary.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #159 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 148, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 54, Assemblerotws wrote:VOTE: UCV
There's no way you're actually this bad.
Bad post UC is bad town.
A50's reaction is shit vote these 2
Bad post Maki is bad town. His deductions are shit but don't vote him for them.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

*HER (SORRY) :oops:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 154, PMysterious wrote:Okay, back. Still not comfortable about Trans being Town, but he's showing a bit more development
as of late
that feels fake
Fixed that for ya :wink:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 162, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Almost50 wrote:
In post 154, PMysterious wrote:Okay, back. Still not comfortable about Trans being Town, but he's showing a bit more development
as of late
that feels fake
Fixed that for ya :wink:
"
feels
fake"
so what's happening here is youre arguing about gut
You can call it that if you like, but I believe I've got enough experience with Transcend to know if his trolling, faking, or being serious and sincere. I also know a thing or two about his scum game (and he knows about mine which makes me even more suspicious of him for trying to throw dirt on me).

I'll try to elaborate a little for you all (so I won't end up being asked the same exact question in multiple phrasing styles): Transcend is parking his vote on someone who has no one else voting them. He doesn't make a case but keeps calling for people to vote there. Naturally people won't listen if there is no case, as it would be considered trolling. It's NOT though. It's DISTANCING. If said "target" flips at any stage of the game people will go back to analyze VCs and would find that Transcend has always been "opposed" to this person. The same applies if Transcend is the one who flips as everybody tends to think "Transcend was scum so his target was Town".

Also, Transcend is being manipulative with his recent posts about/directed at me. He is indirectly trying to get me to move my vote off him and unto Assmebler instead while Transcend himself isn't voting there. It would have been more suitable if he just tried to promote Keychain for an alternative target (as he IS voting Keychain) OR of he decided to vote Assembler himself. In short, it all smells like fart to me but I can't provide "solid" evidence on it being the case, so "gut" is fine by me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #168 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 163, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 162, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 159, Almost50 wrote:
In post 148, Maki Harukawa wrote:
In post 54, Assemblerotws wrote:VOTE: UCV
There's no way you're actually this bad.
Bad post UC is bad town.
A50's reaction is shit vote these 2
Bad post Maki is bad town. His deductions are shit but don't vote him for them.
??????????????
Maki claims my reaction was shit, which I see as a shitty conclusion myself. You messed up the quotes though as I don't see how you managed to include sheep in the quotes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #170 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@northsidegal: You keep spewing jusnk all over, again and again.

1- First you do not understand but you claim it doesn't make sense. Then you say you managed to understand but it still doesn't make sense. Well, perhaps you need to check on your own definition of sense and/or readjust.

2- The Vig would not be OK getting lynched, but they would not be going after the one who suggested getting rid of all cannibals either. The one more likely to do so is the one who is most threatened by the concept, which I perceive to be the one who is working all alone.

3- Not all cannibals are scum, I agree. However ALL BLOODY SCUM ARE CANNIBALS. Now if you don't understand what I'm saying still you need not respond to me at all. Just vote me or ignore me. I'm not here to babysit you. If you do have a brain I suggest you use it.

4- Obviously I don't have evidence to your win con as I didn't get your role PM. Asking me to provide evidence to your win con being that of the SK is one of the silliest defences that could ever be made against the accusation. Reread point #2 in this response for more illustration (which will probably still make no sense to you).

In short, you need to push for my lynch today as hard as you can. If not; you had better kill me tonight (I initially typed "eat me" but realized it could be mistaken for an insult under the circumstances). If I'm still alive tomorrow I'm likely to keep pushing you, or -at the vfery least- grace you with more stuff that just "doesn't make sense at all" whether you understand them or not.

In the mean time...

VOTE: Transcend

for now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #171 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, the VIG would probably be paying attention to all of this so they can make an enlightened decision regarding their target tonight, and especially so if the Vig IS in if those I suspect, because scum are going to shoot within that pool too most assuredly, so there's a big chance the Vig won't make it through the night.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #176 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 172, Keychain wrote:You try and refute the fact that you scumread (or cannibalread :roll: ) the players that questioned your thought process, then follow it up by doing exactly that.
You know what's wrong with this? It's the fact that id if it is
true
then I'm definitely
not a cannibal
. And you know what that means? It means I'm
definitely not scum
. You know why? Because
all scum are cannibals
, so I cannot be a non-cannibal and still be scum at the same time.

But I feel like I've done a good job exposing all scumsters in one go through my behaviour, so I don't mind eating rope tofay in order to get the VIG IN PARTICULAR to follow my reads.

Irrelevant:

@Comm: Did you have to be the mod in this game? We seem to need a
good vig
in the block, my friend.
:lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #178 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 175, northsidegal wrote:
In post 171, Almost50 wrote:Btw, the VIG would probably be paying attention to all of this so they can make an enlightened decision regarding their target tonight, and especially so if the Vig IS in if those I suspect, because scum are going to shoot within that pool too most assuredly, so there's a big chance the Vig won't make it through the night.
why would scum shoot in the pool of people you suspect?
Because the CANNIBALS are in there, and these are the KILLING ROLES in the game, so each an every cannibal would want to get rid of the other killers. The Dietician/Gunsmith is also a good target but ONLY THE SCUM TRIO would want them dead. The RB is of less importance to then at this stage, and especially so for the SK (who has a one shot RB immunity anyway).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #179 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 177, northsidegal wrote:where in did keychain imply or make a statement that, if true, would imply that you are not a cannibal?
I'm not gonna respond to that. If you can type then you certainly can read, so go read it for yourself.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #182 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@northsidegal: Little lady (judging by the avatar no more), I'm good because I'm good and I don't need to convince you of it. I always have difficulties convincing newbies like yourself when they play with me the first time. Those who know me in this game are Transcend, Not_Mafia & PMysterious. I don't think I've played with anyone else before (unless someone is a secret alt), but that's irrelevant .. kind of.

What is relevant is this: You won't be lynching me today. Period. Try looking somewhere else as to not waste your time and effort. You may as well shoot me at night or wait for D2 to get your desired lynch through, but today I'm well out of your reach unless I myself allow it.

P.S. The above is the most arrogant declaration I have ever made in a Mafia game so far I think. Try to prove me wrong for future reference.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #183 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, before "the most perceptive" of you realize I', actually inviting a NL on me; I'f like to point out the SK is the only one with any sort of NK immunity, and I'm NOT it. If shot tonight I
will
die, so come to me a;; of you scums.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #184 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Now let's all get serious and raise the stakes:
Let's lynch Transcend
. If he flip town, the Vig can shoot ME tonight.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #187 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 186, northsidegal wrote:
In post 184, Almost50 wrote:Now let's all get serious and raise the stakes:
Let's lynch Transcend
. If he flip town, the Vig can shoot ME tonight.
yeah, but why would you say this? do you want to get shot if transcend flips town? the obvious response is "that's just how confident i am", but assume for a moment that you're wrong (might be difficult, i know). why even put forth the suggestion that you get shot?
Because I'm fed up with you and your play style, and I want out of this game ASAP but without explicitly playing against my win con. Now I have only replaced out once before and it was by necessity (as my continued existence would have hurt the game). I would even add that the Town lost that one directly because of the feud that went in, but that's another story.

I think we agree that me getting lynched
willingly
is explicitly playing against my win con, regardless of my alignment. However, someone IS going to die and from a mere statistical point of view the Vig shot is more likely to land on a Townie (assuming a mislynch that would be 8:3 discounting the Vig themselves). If Transcend IS scum though then the Vig can shoot whomever they like, but I get a higher chance of being eaten by a scumster, which still works for me as they would have eaten someone anyway too.

So, either I'm good and draw a scum NK, or I'm bad and it's best to remove me. and in either case I'm saved from much further "delightful duels" with your majesty.

That's as blunt as I could ever phrase it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #194 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 193, northsidegal wrote:
In post 187, Almost50 wrote:So, either I'm good and draw a scum NK, or I'm bad and it's best to remove me. and in either case I'm saved from much further "delightful duels" with your majesty.
i'm not the one who's been being arrogant this game. the only place it could even be
argued
that i was was the "squares/rectangles" analogy, and that was deliberately simple for the sake of example. i'm really not trying to be your enemy or to harass you this game, and i don't understand why you're getting so frustrated. maybe it really is that we're all simpletons that just can't comprehend your genius, but you forget that this is still a game of mafia - you can't win the game all on your own. you need to convince other people of your opinions.
No one else is arguing (and for the sake of arguing I might add). If my words weren't clear enough I would have expected more players to exclaim or ask for clarification, which isn't the case.

You -on the other hand- keep asking the same questions in different forms and request clarifications on what I think is clear enough already, and my "assumption" that my words are clear enough is supported by the fact nobody else is asking for an explanation.

My dear, you have picked the one who has a big mouth and is talking much (maybe way too much) to engage rather than try to stimulate the conversation with 11 other separate entities in the game. In other words, you tool the easiest route to get a mislynch through rather than try to get a full read list (regardless of it's accuracy). "Let's lynch this guy and get the game to a stagnation" is a basic scum tactic I'd say.

If you're not out to harass me then you must be in love with me already, because I don't see you giving attention to anyone else, and I don't believe I have that kind of spell, and certainly not from behind the screen.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #196 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So you low activity players and you don't want to consume the effort in trying to get then to be more active. Tell me how are you going to get reads on said "chronic lurkers" as you put it. Like, let's consider all possibilities:

a- I get lynched and I flip Town. What next?
b- I get lynched and I flip Mafia. Who's my partner?
c- I get lynched and I flip the SK. Who are the Mafia?
d1- You fail to lynch me. Who's your alternative?
d2- Same as a, b & c replacing the "I" with "they" (and the "my" with "their").

I mean, that's exactly what I'm saying, You are engaging the one who doesn't need to be stimulated to post more, and ignoring those who do.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #199 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 197, northsidegal wrote:so why are you making such a big fuss over me talking to you?
Cuz my wife's a very jealous lady, and if she finds out about this she could very well do something crazy. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #205 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 200, Transcend wrote:point out what's fake about my development lol
Sorry, but I can hardly detect "development" in your one-word posts. Maybe when you start to do one-liners.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #228 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 219, Gödel wrote:Is this Nm normal style of playing?
Yes. Pretty much so as either alignment.
In post 219, Gödel wrote:almost50 do you think north is scum?
Either she is or she's a newbie who's trying too hard. She reminds me much of Michael Lee in this game. (He was pretty much a misguided town who didn't like my guts.)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #257 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK then. Looks like Transcend isn't happening, eh.

VOTE: Keychain

His indirect defense of Transcend is nothing short of a scum claim. He either is scum with Doggie OR he knows Doggie is Town (or at least not his p) and is doing it for Town cred. No Townie would be as resistant to a Transcend wagon (based on how Transcend has played so far) as KC is.

P.S. Giving NSG the benefit of the doubt for now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #262 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 260, UC Voyager wrote:so why do you vote for the person transcend is going after....
In post 261, Transcend wrote:Because I'm bussing my shit partner lol

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #310 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Let me address those of you who
are not trying too hard it sucks

1-
The TOWN
is the uninformed majority by definition
2- Being uninformed makes you suspicious of everyone at the start of the game
3- You may or may not feel inclined to trust some more than others on D1 based on their play
4- Regardless if your own intentions to support a wagon or lack of such support; you cannot be
strongly
opposed to one certain lynch unless you have extra info about their alignment
5- There is no day cop in this setup
6- Hence having extra info means you are scum

Like, I'm not gonna vote X, Y or Z myself, but I won't be going all-in in their defence should a wagon start on either of them. I don't think they're scum but I don't know that for sure, so I'll let the town decide collectively on whether said person appears scummy to each of the other players independently.

So, yes.. Doggie looks overly scummy to me. Yet the majority has decided he's not scummy enough for them to vote there which is fine. What's not is someone acting not only as if they're not convinced but rather as of hey were
certain
that Transcend will flip town.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #312 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 311, Transcend wrote:why me?
Cuz you do. How much more should I explain it to you? Your play simply doesn't look like serving any purpose except for getting by. No real scum hunting, no real arguments, and not even the "intimidating" trolling you used in Real Folks Blues. I mean, you were trolling there too, but it was kind of reckless as if you didn't care if you pissed the whole lot. You're not doing that here either. You're being too careful yet totally unproductive.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #314 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 313, Transcend wrote:maybe you should stop metaing me because i promise you it's not gonna be a good idea
Then do something
in this game
that I can use to get a read on you. Show me some effort, GDI.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #316 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 315, Transcend wrote:well i'm voting someone you sus and i've been voting her since page 1 of this game

does that not qualify as doing something?
Not if you don't give proper reasoning behind your vote. You said you voted her on page 1 (which is true) but then the reason I'm voting her could not be yours as she didn't defend you on page 1.

So, I'll take it that it was a RVS vote that turned serious sometime along the way, and I'm interested to know when and why it turned into a serious vote.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #352 (isolation #39) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 318, Keychain wrote:Oh no, bye Maki.
In post 310, Almost50 wrote:What's not is someone acting not only as if they're not convinced but rather as of hey were certain that Transcend will flip town.
I'd be interested in knowing how you distinguish between these two things, and having you provide some quotes or something to explain because I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

The reasoning for voting him is bad. I'm not going to merrily hop on bad wagons because "lol maybe scum", regardless of how scummy
you
think they are. That is not how I play, sorry, I like some actual meat on my cases.
If it was between Transcend and no lynch, or Transcend and one of my townreads, then I'd lynch him in a heartbeat because that's when I compromise on someone who I'm not really scumreading. But it's not, not yet, and there's far better options on the table - which I am pursuing and you seem to be reading as defense of Transcend.

Like I could do the equivalent - why aren't you voting Goedel when he's acting so scummy, or even paying any attention to him at all? This push on me is clearly a chainsaw defense of him, you're trying to draw my attention back to Transcend because you're scum partners with G or you're trying to get towncred because you know he's town etc etc. Does that seem sound to you?

I also notice that your argument has somehow changed from us being partners to me knowing he's town, which would require us to... not be partners.
Learn to read, SCUMSTER!
In post 310, Almost50 wrote:Like,
I'm not gonna vote X, Y or Z myself, but I won't be going all-in in their defence should a wagon start on either of them.
In post 257, Almost50 wrote:His indirect defense of Transcend is nothing short of a scum claim.
He either is scum with Doggie OR he knows Doggie is Town
Trying to give an impression I'm SRing bc you simply wouldn't vote Transcend is a major misrepresentation of my case on you, and trying to argue my not voting Goedel is equivalent to your blatant dedence of Transcend is also misleading the crowd by reshaping my argument into something it's not.

My problem now is I already explicitly responded to your fake arguments before you even brought them up as evident in the quotes above, so that really shouldn't make you look any better in the eyes of anyone, and it certainly doesn't make you look better in my own eyes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #361 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Porkens:

Perhaps you'd play it differently, but if I was scum I would NOT be looking for cannibals. The reason being I'd want as many kills as possible at the start of the game so as to reduce the numbers giving more a better chance to win, as well as not giving time for the TPRs to investigate me. So, O would lay low and try to blend in and appear really helpless, and I certainly would not want to make more enemies than friend lest one of them enemies turns to be a cannibal themselves and decide to turn me into a meal fest early on, or one turns to be a TPR and I get caught prematurely.

The only cannibal that I tend to agree is interested in finding other cannibals so early is in fact the Town Vig, but even if I were it I wouldn't make it so obvious lest the scums target me and I end up hurting the Town instead of helping it.

But -as I said- maybe you're the type of player who doesn't play the way I do, or maybe you think I'd do exactly what I'm not supposed to. A third possibility is you think I'm utterly stupid but I really hope that's not it. I'm better a scumster than I am a townie, and believe you me if I was scum I'd be much more confident in winning this game than I am right now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #373 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Porkens: Who the freak is kiggly? Will you please use the proper username(s) instead of cuddly nicknames? Thank you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #377 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 374, Transcend wrote:it's pmyst
Thanks, mate. :D

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #378 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 375, TPFKAP wrote:
In post 373, Almost50 wrote:@Porkens: Who the freak is kiggly? Will you please use the proper username(s) instead of cuddly nicknames? Thank you.
No-e.
How porky!! :roll:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #381 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I think he is, but I can only tell for sure if he gets pressured and that hasn't happened yet.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #382 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

But let;s assume that he is conf!Scum to me, for the sake of argument. So?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #384 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Nope. I hadn't expressed any suspicions towards N_M. I was suggesting Keychain for Transcend's p

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #388 (isolation #47) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 385, Transcend wrote:>thinking pressure will work on me

roflol
Pressure works on all dogs .. even Laika :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #389 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I', assuming this means you're opposed to my lynch? I apologize if I'm misunderstanding, but if I'm correct then why? I mean. the obvious reason would be "I TR you" but then WHY?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #396 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 390, Transcend wrote:because your implosion that you had in response to me was pretty town
OK, but don't you think I could fake that? You do know my scum game to a good extent and know not to completely trust me until there's no room for doubt right?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #400 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 397, Transcend wrote:i don't think it was faked even though i know you ~could~ fake it
:lol:

That's fair enough.

P-edit: Why is N_M scummy? Actually, why do you think sheep is scum too?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #507 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Can we lynch THE MOD? Perhaps if we do we will get a VC more often!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #534 (isolation #52) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 514, Keychain wrote:... I don't understand why that wasn't hammer?
In post 515, Transcend wrote:yeah idk how that's hammer
In post 516, Transcend wrote:not hammer*
Maybe they are LOVED?? :P

But seriously, I think the mod was too lazy to count. I know I was, so only realized it should've been a hammer now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #535 (isolation #53) » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, I do believe UCV was hammered.. TWICE, so no need for me to switch my vote. Also NL is not an option so if the DL hits UCV is still the lynch.

My vote is on keychain to make a statement now. This is SCUM for sure.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #546 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1105 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

As I said in the dead thread, PM deserves a big applause for his gambit claiming SK. I didn't see how THAT should help him evade the lynch on that day, and I obviously was proven wrong.

If PM hadn't eaten me on N1 I would have lynched Assembler on D2 (got a guilty, bu didn't have the time to out it :( ). If Porkens didn't change her mind she would've eaten PM, but that could have resulted in the SK winning the game. Porkens had a great game too (with the exception of eating Doggie on N1).

GGA

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1115 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Keychain

CHOO CHOO

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1123 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1119, MathBlade wrote:GG All :) It was fun. At least I was right on Keychain mafia lol.
You were right on almost every premise, but -somehow- managed to reach the wrong conclusion!

Return to “Completed Open Games”