Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Creature »

We should really gather townreads instead of scumreads.

Scum usually stand in nullreads.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Creature »

It's a lot likely we're just discarding the actual scum into "null"
Sigh
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:33 am

Post by wilky »

In post 377, Creature wrote:It's a lot likely we're just discarding the actual scum into "null"

What exactly have you brought to the table to criticise the way anyone else is playing? If you want us too listen to you start actually playing the game.

In post 351, wilky wrote:
In post 345, Creature wrote:I'm gonna show you one scum who's just in the background watching town eat itself:

VOTE: CommKnight

So, like are you going to show why he's scum or should we all just sheep you with no reasons?
You can start by providing an answer too this.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Creature »

It's more of a meta reason. I feel like he's taking advantage of us who are just tunneling town. I'd expect town!him to be trying to stop that.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 am

Post by Creature »

Trying to be as clear as possible:

An experienced town would try hard to convince the newer players what scumtells are invalid.

While a scum would just avoid these generic scumtells and let town eat itself. They don't need to do what their experienced town selves would do.
Sigh
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 371, Lalendra wrote:Could you share reads without writing walls? I think we have plenty of time in the day, and I for one am curious as to what you think of the current gamestate. I would also, to your point, like to see more/indepth posts from Creature.
Certainly. I'm assuming you want it brief. I swear to god though if anyone asks me to elaborate on these reads then I'm just going to slam my face so hard into my desk that I break both my desk and my face.

Town:

Creature
northsidegal
Aster
wilky

Town lean:

textcat
Lalendra
CityElectric

Null:

MisaTange
Assemblerotws

Scum lean:

CommKnight
pisskop
Chip Butty

Scum:

Viomi
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:40 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 375, Creature wrote:Viomi seems alright I guess.
All right as in she is alright for a lynch target or her behaviour is alright by town standards?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I'd also encourage people to check out CommKnight's meta. The basic conclusion that I'd draw from it is that he seems to be more active in most other games than he is in this one.
I mostly just lurk now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 362, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 184, northsidegal wrote:not sure about for the game in general, but i have a theory as to why mutant's been playing the way he has - i'd still like him to claim to see if it holds any water.
You never told us your theory. Sure I never properly role claimed but rereading this peaked my interest. So if you want to theorise about something then now is the time to do so.
In post 363, Lalendra wrote:She probably didn't tell you her theory because you didn't claim so it's still just a theory.
In post 368, Assemblerotws wrote:UNVOTE:
North. Please share your theory.
lalendra is right - the theory is based on mutant claiming. if i share it beforehand then it won't mean anything, and in fact it would probably end up being a lot worse for town. i usually don't like making cryptic comments like that but i'm not sure what else to say.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 383, mutantdevle wrote:I'd also encourage people to check out CommKnight's meta. The basic conclusion that I'd draw from it is that he seems to be more active in most other games than he is in this one.
comm is v/la - he even announced so in-thread:
In post 350, CommKnight wrote:
@Mod:
V/LA till December 7th. Next 3 days are going to be crazy with school projects and everyone wanting a piece of my time.
when you looked at his meta, did you notice that he was less active as scum as a tendency or are you just throwing shade?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am

Post by texcat »

Assembler, do you have any thoughts to share? All you've said is that you thought Mutant was newbtown, but you were ok with his lynch?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Creature »

Oh nice, nobody even dared to look at my reasoning for CommKnight.
Sigh
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 384, northsidegal wrote:
In post 362, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 184, northsidegal wrote:not sure about for the game in general, but i have a theory as to why mutant's been playing the way he has - i'd still like him to claim to see if it holds any water.
You never told us your theory. Sure I never properly role claimed but rereading this peaked my interest. So if you want to theorise about something then now is the time to do so.
In post 363, Lalendra wrote:She probably didn't tell you her theory because you didn't claim so it's still just a theory.
lalendra is right - the theory is based on mutant claiming. if i share it beforehand then it won't mean anything, and in fact it would probably end up being a lot worse for town. i usually don't like making cryptic comments like that but i'm not sure what else to say.
Okay, but you had better answer it once I'm misslynched.

In post 385, northsidegal wrote:
In post 383, mutantdevle wrote:I'd also encourage people to check out CommKnight's meta. The basic conclusion that I'd draw from it is that he seems to be more active in most other games than he is in this one.
comm is v/la - he even announced so in-thread:
In post 350, CommKnight wrote:
@Mod:
V/LA till December 7th. Next 3 days are going to be crazy with school projects and everyone wanting a piece of my time.
when you looked at his meta, did you notice that he was less active as scum as a tendency or are you just throwing shade?
He hasn't been V/LA this entire game though has he? (at least, not officially). This is what I am referring to. I am obviously not referring to the period of time since he has gone V/LA

In response to your question, the answer is neither. From what I read, CommKnight usually posts far more than he has been in this game. Admittedly, I did not look at what role she was for each of these games but I just find it generally odd that he would be less active for the entirety of this one than he would usually. Of course, a simple explanation of this could be that CommKnight has been busier leading up to his V/LA but I still don't see how that would explain his more recent meta (again, before he went V/LA). As for throwing shade, I had no intention to do so nor do I see how I have done so. Nothing I said in my one-liner is neither shady not witty. I was simply building off of how Creature has also looked into his meta.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 387, Creature wrote:Oh nice, nobody even dared to look at my reasoning for CommKnight.
Answer this please:
In post 382, mutantdevle wrote:
All right as in she is alright for a lynch target or her behaviour is alright by town standards?
I mostly just lurk now.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by MisaTange »

I think CK hasn't been on v/la until that moment.

Also I thought Creature's and (the latter being in regards to why PK isnt scum and CK is) pretty succinctly said why he scumreads PK, even though a lot of them are meta-reads.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 382, mutantdevle wrote:
Alright for a lynch. Though, I might need to recheck her.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Creature »

MisaTange

Huh? 343 is about mutantdevle.
Sigh
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by MisaTange »

Oh...

whelp.

Well, the point still stands that people are ignoring your reasons you've already stated in the thread.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 386, texcat wrote:
Assembler, do you have any thoughts to share? All you've said is that you thought Mutant was newbtown, but you were ok with his lynch?
I will occasionally help lynch someone whom I townread if I believe the wagon can be mined for data.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:10 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 359, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 349, northsidegal wrote:anyone else noticing how mutant only seems to appear or talk when the wagon is on him, but when the focus is shifted away he mysteriously disappears? like, where are the verbose walls for scumhunting rather than just trying to convince everyone that you weren't rolefishing?
I would accept this statement to be true if it was made before the wagon on me fell apart. But clearly, you have not read much of the second half of the day too well.

- I have actively participated in the discussion over what Creature's buddying attitude could mean.
- I have addressed points to and responded to points by wilky that were not necessarily related to my wagon.
- I gave my reads on most players. In this, I suggest Viomi is scum as well as address pisskop's lack of posting. Arguably, it was this post that started the whole discussion of pisskop - so how that isn't scum hunting I don't really understand.
- For the record, this statement was about ChipButty:
In post 214, mutantdevle wrote:I agree with how not knowing scum are in the draft makes him seem like scum playing dumb. I recommend looking more into him after I'm misslynched
(I accidentally missed out his name specifically in my reads post.)
- Here I further back up my thoughts on Viomi and point out some of her hypocrisy.
- I directly call Viomi as scummy here. Surely anyone could make the conclusion I think of Viomi as scum at this point. Additionally, I make a case on CommKnight after re-reading his ISO and finding that I find him more scummy than I had previously. After this post, Creature asks if anyone would want to lynch CommKnight and since then there have been a few thoughts given about it. So technically, I started that as well. I also re-state my slight suspicion of ChipButty. Again, I fail to see how you would consider this post as not scum hunting.
- I criticise Viomi yet again.
- I have also been heavily involved with the discussion regarding pisskop. After all, I did start it.
- Finally, I consider myself to have said the most in this game aside from Wilky. Despite having more posts than me, I don't consider Creature to have said more than me since most of his posts are like quadruple 1 liners that really would have been better as 1 post. So how you can argue that I am not constantly active I don't really get earlier.

Perhaps you don't think I am scum hunting because my scum hunting has been drowned out by having to defend myself against all the accusations that I have received or that I haven't been putting my vote where my mouth is. If the latter then I believe I have stated why I'm not really voting much but I will expand on that:

I put A LOT of effort into every game I play. Regardless If I am alive or dead, I get heavily invested in the games I have signed up for. As a result, my usual* posts are often long and fairly detailed. These posts take me 5-30 minutes to make; this post falling into the latter bracket. My posts in which I make cases against people by directly calling them out as scum and encourage others to join me on their wagon often take an hour or so to write. As of yet, I have not created one of those posts in this game. Why? Well, what's the point? I feel like a lot of what I say simply gets discredited as either the opinion of a scum boi or the poor thoughts of a village idiot. Furthermore, in the case where people actually do at least listen to some of what I say, I guarantee had I made a strong post calling someone out as scum I would have several people accusing me of trying to divert attention away from my own wagon. Why should I spend my time aggressively scum hunting, in contrast to the passive scum hunting I have been doing, when barely anyone here values my opinion? Currently, I feel the only people that value what I have to say are Creature, wilky and Aster. If you were to look at my responses to those three in isolation to the rest of my posts then I'm sure you'd at least consider me a little more towny.
You haven't been scum hunting, you've been asking me silly questions and making daft assumptions and then projecting them on me.

Also, this "Look at me, I'm town!" post is just blatantly scum..

How's everyone feeling about that mutant lynch now? Still letting his scumbuddy creature convince you?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Lalendra »

The wagon on mutant built pretty quickly, what information do you hope to gain from it if he is town?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:37 am

Post by Lalendra »

Like if there's days of discussion leading up to a lynch, that's one thing, but he was wagoned really early on and the pace of the game since then has been fairly slow. I guess all lynches offer some information though.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:50 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 396, Lalendra wrote:The wagon on mutant built pretty quickly, what information do you hope to gain from it if he is town?
I don't play the game like that, I like to lynch scum.

But really, what other lynch will give us more information? It built really fast and was shut down by a certain couple individuals- I'm pretty sure he's scum, and even if he isn't, his lynch would give us the most info
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Chip Butty »

That's pretty much par for the course for Assembler. As far as I can tell, his MO is to join games, make a few sparse desultory posts that don't contribute much, then replace out.

Return to “Completed Open Games”