The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2998 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:02 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'm looking for an
experienced reviewer
who enjoys reading
lots of flavor
to help me work on my original
Large Theme Game
setup.

(about me: I am from another site and have little modding experience and about 12 played games under my belt in the past year+, but also have played some "in-flesh" werewolf games with people. Also know that I tried playing 1 newbie game here and it was my first game I ever flaked on and I felt HORRIBLE about it - not how I wanted my presence here to start, but, I got sooooo unexpectedly busy that week, it was really unfortunate. I'm not a flake though.)

It will be for mature-audiences only. There is gore and sex, but also social, familial, romantic, friendly, etc. aspects that make it well-rounded literary-wise. It's also got a different angle to the game than typical.

It is very good for any level of role-play experience if desired by the players and I have it working in a way that I can be involved in the character roleplay without affecting gameplay (I think.) Role-playing for players is not required at all.

It's currently at 17 players, but I am also eventually working on expanding it / adding characters and roles (probably not until after I run it once here with 17 though.) Each character is a unique, fleshed-out character.

Setting
: Late 1600s middle-of-the-woods Pennsylvania, newly established small village community

Roles + Mechanics
: several non-standard roles of my tweaking that I think are very interesting and work very well together flavor+mechanics-wise. The role mechanics and their interactions are elaborate and have already been scrutinized by myself for almost a year, and I'd like the right person's feedback on it all. (I have gotten some feedback from a couple experienced mods from my site, but, not hardly much at all other than things like "check to make sure" obviousnesses.)

hmmm, I think that is all I will put here, if there are questions, please ask me (I don't want to tell too much about the game openly, as at the beginning of the game it's not even sure who the "bad guys" are, if any.)

I'd also want this reviewer to be assistant mod. for me eventually.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

smeagol - I know I can't run it here yet, I'm just excited to get it set and think it good to have it ready much in advance.

I have another setup that is in much earlier development that I hope to mod here first (only 15 or 16 players) , and I intend to play here a bunch first too.

This one is ready to be worked on more though.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3009 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

Should I figure that I am simply too new to the site and therefor early in the process of being able to mod. a large theme game that I should not be hoping for someone to show interest (yet) in going over my setup? That is of course completely fine and understandable, if so. I can simply re-ask down the line in time.

I should probably focus more on the games I want to run before that one anyway. They are wayyy less developed than that one, but also much simpler, relatively, and I should seek feedback here for them first probably, once they are to that point. (the other one is to that point, is all. I'm actually running it on another site atm.)

thanks to all to take the time to read me

notification: I can get wordy!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3011 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:59 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

Yep, I am aware of the reqs, but thanks for making sure! I was just putting it out there now because I figure there will be a lot of things I am required to have for it that I may not be aware of because of the complexities, and they could take some time to work out, but I'm not entirely sure. Figured I'd make notice of what I have and am looking for because to me, sooner is always better, and it is at a stage where it can be reviewed.

But, ya, I'll just work on the other 2 and get them to a point where they can be reviewed (heck, get them to a point I'm sure they aren't considered theme games and I have to come up with something else to mod! - my interest in modding and playing lies more in the realm of tweaked mechanics and closed setups.)
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3067 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I do consider myself qualified and offer my services, if you want, mastina
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3126 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

sorry, I require to be in that game (:
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3161 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I am looking for a reviewer for a Rocky Horror Picture Show large theme cult (don't run yet!) game.

it will have some unique mechanics and almost no flavor

It's important to know that I mostly hate cult games (unfair, frustrating, painful, etc.) but this game should be something that is not hatable for those that generally hate cult games - it's very different and balanced. If you are going to review it I want you to have no real interest in Rocky Horror Picture Show more than anything, because if you like Rocky Horror, you should be signing up for the game even though it's cult!

game-specific rules and mechanics:

CULT
-
Rocky Horror Picture Show
is a cult movie and this will be a cult game based on that movie. It shouldn't be any other way!

public cult mechanics:
  • There two cults / 2 cult leaders. Once recruited into a cult, players' alignments can not change again.
  • All players except the cult leaders start as part of a neutral survivor faction.
  • Not all roles are cult-recruitable. Most players will not know if their role is cult-recruitable unless recruited.
  • Players will use their vote to choose who to make immune to recruiting. This can be done x# times in the game, a maximum of once per play/pause cycle - (instead of lynching - there is no lynching) !
DAYLESS
- it is always Night over at the Frankenstein Place. The game thread is always open.

PLAY / PAUSE
- the game cycles between these two states
  • PLAY
    : players may submit actions and vote

• PAUSE
    : players may not submit actions or vote - once pause initiates actions are resolved in the order they were submitted during the PLAY state
balance among all things

Return to “Mafia Discussion”