Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by Impede »

Fine. I think I have a decent case for CoA, but I'll wait til tomorrow. Don't see any sense in defusing what seems like a town wagon.

This isn't my favorite lynch, but upon scumlensing Laser's ISO, I can see some D1 fence-sitting and a lot of D2 opportunism. If nothing else, this flip will be heavily informative, as Laser is quite selective with whose reads he agrees with and whose he decides to question or try to discredit.

VOTE: Laser

This is L-1.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

Not really surprised I'm the lynch today. My head hasn't really been in this game and I've been playing something awful.

I'll try to have some final reads/thoughts for you guys shortly.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

Ugh, I find laser scummy because of how he has played this.

Also, I've been kind of suspicious of moz the whole game, his play just feels off. Can you look into him Luca? (He's also been sheeping you a lot. All of da towncred)

Man, I guess we're lynching Laser. Want me to hammer?
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

I haven't really been feeling this game for awhile, so I'm just as happy to be out at this point. I know that people usually just ignore the reads of dead Townies, but do keep in mind that this is the only information that you are going to get going into D3 coming from someone that you have as confirmed Town, so I really would advise you to do something useful with this if you can.

Here's my final reads:

CommKnight:
Not realizing that it was D2 with the implicit mod confirmation seems to indicate that this was probably a townslip. I doubt daychat scum would make this sort of error. That aside, I generally feel his tone and thoughts indicate him as town. 70% Town.

Zulfy:
He should be policy lynched. Town really has no excuse for keeping this slot alive. Just flashwagon him D3 and move on. I think one of Zulfy/Impede have a very high chance of being scum though, actually. Interesting to note how quickly a wagon formed around him after moz voted for him (much more similar to UCV wagon), compared to how languid the wagon was around me (or Athena). Zulfy wagon was {moz, LaserGuy, cy, Impede}, FWIW. 20% Town.

cytheflyguy:
Content hasn't been great. I really don't like that he was deliberately lurking D1, though I don't know why scum would openly admit to this either. I still feel my initial reason for townreading him though. Has he been replaced yet? Probably a good slot to push going forward. 50% Town.

Lucky2u
: I don't really have a strong read on him... hasn't contributed much since the early blow-up with Luca. Going to go with 50% Town because I don't really know otherwise. If he flips scum, then it would be in Town's interests to revisit Luca. Another slot due for some good pressure.

Luca Blight:
There's a small part of my mind that is wondering whether Luca just bus-steamrolled UCV for townie credit D1, but, on balance I still think this scenario is somewhat unlikely. Noting that in #690 he is scumreading me for following his instructions in #528. Make of that what you will. The way that the day has progressed doesn't actually make a lot of sense to me for Luca to be scum regardless. Putting him at 90% Town for the UCV lynch, which is about as high as I'm comfortable going right now.

CultOfAthena
: I don't agree a lot of what she's saying, but her general tone and scumhunting activity looks townie, and I don't think that scum would be so intentionally abrasive as Athena is being. If she flips Town, definitely look at the people pushing this wagon for scum. 70% Town.

mozamis
: I believe he townslipped in #591. That aside, I like his play for the most part. I do tend to agree with Athena that he has some blinders on regarding scum more aggressively bussing UCV early on the wagon, but I don't think he's one of the people who was doing it. I'm putting him at 90% Town.

Impede:
I discussed in some detail in #511. My read of him has not changed significantly. 30% Town.

LaserGuy:
I am Town, but I've been very unmotivated to play this game and feel my play has been poor. I don't really fault anyone for wanting to lynch me at this stage. Something to note is that I've been a fairly obviously lynchbait player D2, but nobody has really attempted to push me. AFAIK only Sesq and Athena openly have a townread on me though. I'm not really sure what to make of this. I feel like scum had their sights set on a stronger townie voice as the mislynch for today (probably Athena). Or possibly scum is just laying low today with the plan of sheeping whatever Luca ultimately settles on. In any case, I honestly feel I probably deserved a lot more pressure today than I got. On play, I'm probably like 40% Town.

Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez:
This is apparently his second game, and he was scum in his first. A lot of the weirdness in his play makes sense for him being a newbie, though not, necessarily, a townie one. I think his play ought to maybe be a bit more solid if he were scum, but if his buddies are fairly passive players as things sort of appear to be (something like Sesq + cytheflyguy) then I could definitely see this. 40% Town.

UCV:
These are just a few gut reactions to a couple of his posts:
Spoiler: Long
I am all ready town reading Mozamis.
His posts seem to be coming from a townie point of view

I have a null read on Luca
i am familiar with his play, so i will be able to read him soon

i have a scum lean on archwing
I am less familiar with this player, but i don't know how trying to make RVS last longer helps town, so i am all ready not so sure about that slot
I expect one of these three is a scumbuddy, the other two are Town.

#189:
Town
Luca, Comm, Moz

town lean
comm, lucky, sesq

Null
cy, Laser, Cult

scum lean
Archwing slot, Impede
I expect one of the "scum lean" slots is almost certainly scum. As noted above, Zulfy/Archwing looks like a very good lynch here, though Impede is also likely scum, so probably worth lynching both. I expect there is almost certainly a scum in the "town lean" group as well. Sesq is looking very likely.

I honestly agree. Policy Lynching will be used to the advantage of scum. we should not let scum get the advantage
This interaction with Zaraki is weird. UCV is responding to a point about policy lynching from Zaraki that, in #271/275 doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Might be a buddy interaction.

Luca, do you think Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez is scum for not staying on my wagon? how about CY?

do you even have any other scum reads. this entire time, you have been targeting me and no one else.

MOZ
what are your reasons for voting me. it honestly looks like you just sheeping me, and sheeping isn't always the best thing to do.

Implede
so you unvoted me for a little? Were you expecting my wagon to keep going on without you, but when another person unvoted, you decided you still needed to be on it?

Luca, what is my town meta. you have done a lot of talking about my scum meta. how about my town meta. all i have heard you refer to my town play is that im still scummy (which isn't true) as town.

also

you know my scum meta. i don't ask to be bused. if you are implying that Implede is scum, the way he is doing it doesn't fit my scum meta.
This post is after he has been cased by Luca. There's a lot of wine here, but...
People not mentioned in this post: Comm, Lucky, Athena, me, Sesq, Zulfy.

Mentioning Moz but not Sesq here is strange since both had about as much reasoning for voting UCV at this stage. One of these two is almost certainly scum. My money is on Sesq.

Giving Impede a bit of townie credit here since UCV got his name wrong. It's a stupid tell, but it's a tell.

Sesq:
Content is spectacularly awful. Hopped on the UCV wagon without any reasoning, did not contribute otherwise to that lynch whatsoever, and UCV never really questioned his reasoning for being there. Very likely a bus. Hopped onto my wagon without any reasoning why. In fact, he's been townreading me for most of the day. Appears to be laying low and not trying to draw attention to himself. 10% Town at best. Please lynch this slot.

Sorted tl;dr list:

Luca (90% Town)
moz (90% Town)
Athena (70% Town)
Comm (70% Town)
Cy (50% Town)
Lucky (50% Town)
Zaraki (40% Town)
~~Lynchables~~
Impede (30% Town)
Zulfy (20% Town)
Sesq (10% Town)

Gut feeling is that scum is something like Sesq, Zulfy, and one of Zaraki/Cy. I think the best play for town going forward is probably to lynch Zulfy D3. If he flips Town, look at Impede D4. Otherwise, focus on Sesq. Zaraki, Cy, and Lucky need to be pushed to contribute more... decent chance of one scum being in these slots and all three have been coasting for D2 and a lot of D1.

[pedit]Maybe lower Zaraki to 30% after that post.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

A decent post, but I feel like it's come too late to save you.

I wouldn't mind switching to someone like Impede or Zaraki, but I think it be would hard to get it over the line, such is the inactivity this game.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

I think LaserGuy is probably Town after that post to be honest.

I'm gonna choose someone else, but need to ponder exactly who. It will be someone out of Impede, Zaraki and Zulfy.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 754, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:He's also been sheeping you a lot.
no, this has been irritatin gme for a while. I nailed Uv as scum. laser has been my number 2 scum pick for a while. I am in agreement with Lucca, it's not the same thing. He has been the more active town player and been driving the lynches through - so credit to him. But you aint taking away my scum hunting trophies :P
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I kind of want to lynch Zulfy as I don't see that slot producing anything this game. The only thing that gives me pause was the scummy-looking wagon against him, but that could be scum looking to bus while knowing the wagon would naturally die down when Zulfy started to post.

It's almost a coinflip between Zaraki and Impede who look equally scummy. I'll punt for the former.

VOTE: Zaraki
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 pm

In post 759, Luca Blight wrote:I kind of want to lynch Zulfy as I don't see that slot producing anything this game. The only thing that gives me pause was the scummy-looking wagon against him, but that could be scum looking to bus while knowing the wagon would naturally die down when Zulfy started to post.

It's almost a coinflip between Zaraki and Impede who look equally scummy. I'll punt for the former.

Meh. I stand by my post. Moz's play makes me nervous and feel like he's scum. But hey, lynch me. I'm too scummy, right?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 757, Luca Blight wrote:UNVOTE:

I think LaserGuy is probably Town after that post to be honest.

I'm gonna choose someone else, but need to ponder exactly who. It will be someone out of Impede, Zaraki and Zulfy.
ah come on, man, its not your choice.
Laser or Cult it should be.
I agree thats the most town post Laser has made but...over all he's probably scum being "survivalist" - scum make the most efffrot when their backs are to the wall.
And the damning thing is that self deprecatong 2 I put my own play at 40 per cent town this game". What self repecting townie ever says anything like that?!
Hes still avery good bet for scum.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

I sincerely doubt that scum almost certainly about to get lynched gives town the wealth of associative information that Laser did.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by mozamis »

* "I put my own play.."
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 762, CultOfAthena wrote:I sincerely doubt that scum almost certainly about to get lynched gives town the wealth of associative information that Laser did.
lol so now you pop up!
yep laser and cult are scum , 2 people vote for laser please.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Zaraki, That's not why you're scummy, although on second thoughts I think it'll be too hard to push your wagon through at your stage.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Impede

He's L-3, so we need three more votes to get this over the line.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 761, mozamis wrote:And the damning thing is that self deprecatong 2 I put my own play at 40 per cent town this game". What self repecting townie ever says anything like that?!
Someone being honest with themselves? Why do you think it comes from scum?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 762, CultOfAthena wrote:I sincerely doubt that scum almost certainly about to get lynched gives town the wealth of
its a lot of waffle as well - he gives town "percentages" but his strongest read was the zulfy policy lynch!
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

How about everyone who's made the promise to say something "tomorrow" just says it right now? Deadline doesn't matter, given the setup is nightless.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 759, Luca Blight wrote:It's almost a coinflip between Zaraki and Impede who look equally scummy. I'll punt for the former.

no, come on we need to stick together. laser and cult are scum. Look at the way cult has been nowhere near this lynch AGAIN - its a rerun of the UV lynch.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What if Laser flips Town, would it change how you feel about Athena?
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:32 pm

In post 767, mozamis wrote:
In post 762, CultOfAthena wrote:I sincerely doubt that scum almost certainly about to get lynched gives town the wealth of
its a lot of waffle as well - he gives town "percentages" but his strongest read was the zulfy policy lynch!
In theory, it would likely be because we have a lesser amount of information and it's mostly non-towny, it'd make sense. Buuut, policy lynches, I do believe he said were not good, yet his strongest is a policy lynch. I must call bull on that point. (Not that if he isn't town, he isn't trying. I made a post like that too)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by mozamis »

we cant lynch Impede.
I guess i would have to re-assess but VERY relucatantly, cult is my stronger scum read.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 771, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:
In theory, it would likely be because we have a lesser amount of information and it's mostly non-towny, it'd make sense. Buuut, policy lynches, I do believe he said were not good, yet his strongest is a policy lynch. I must call bull on that point. (Not that if he isn't town, he isn't trying. I made a post like that too)
His strongest scumread was sesq - not a policy lynch. Are you guys misreading this or am I?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by mozamis »

i mean, Sesq is laser guys no 1 scum read...ludicrous made up bollocks lol
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Why can't we lynch Impede?

At this stage I'm willing to settle on either Zaraki, Impede or Zulfy.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Woops, misread it. But still, I thought he was against policy lynches?

Return to “Completed Open Games”