Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 299, Porkens wrote:
In post 297, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 296, Porkens wrote:
In post 286, acidphoenix wrote:@porkens the fact that he cares infinitely more about whether people are read-explainy than things that are actually significantly more likely to make people one alignment than the other

partially biased because of having prior games with him and knowing he essentially mostly just sticks to that
Could you link that experience please?

Also, why does the above make him incompetent town rather than incompetent scrum?
While I definitely do not care
Why don't you care? I'm asking why he is townreading you and not scumreading you. If you drop the adjective, I'm asking him "why are you townreading him?" Isn't that exactly the kind of explanation you've been so adamant about getting out of people?
Porkens, I am not seeing "outstanding scuminess" there. That post does have one useless comment about siteflak, and you leaning lynchbait says leaning, not "is lynchbait", that's something else. But that could be a misunderstanding?
Like I wrote before, that post was forced. It seemed to me you felt pressure to post, and that you were reaching to say "anything" about each player. I've felt that kind of pressure more as scum than as town.

Secondly, there is at least one player who you give a total pass: "I like your posts so far", but you don't explain why.

Thirdly, your commanding/imperative tone rings false to me.
"I like your posts so far" does mean nothing more than that I did not have any concerns about their posts so far: No indication that they weren't trying to hunt scum(as opposed to faking that), explanations...
About that forced thing: I would have liked to do that later, but um... you know... it doesn't get better when you have to catch up more.
Picking everyone seems forced to you? Well, it was deliberately made that way it was- to include everyone to
1. affirm everyone that these are my reads
2. serve as fallback if I want to re-read
3. most importantly, they will show you where I came from; my first impressions. When I somehow die that can help you understand my thoughts and ideas better than me(because I cannot explain them anymore)
4. I get to write everything down and make sure that I don't forget to read someone correctly
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:40 am

Post by nancy »

In post 298, Porkens wrote:
In post 283, nancy wrote:Porkens, what does it remind you of?
cabd's gambit in board games, I thought you spectated that?
Nope! I was thinking of playing in it, but some people signed up that I didn't want to play with. I skimmed some of morph's posts when the game was over but don't remember much.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Porkens »

readschart incoming.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

nancy

Jabarkas Mayonnaise (hydra of Varsoon and Xaio Long)

Yetichain (hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab)
drealmerz7

Not Known 15
dunkerdoodles
acidphoenix
Lil Uzi Vert
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

northsidegal replaces Lil Uzi vert. Please welcome her!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ohhh interesting :)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hey guys :)

what's shaking?

:wink:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

Not a ton...

nancy is playing pretty close to the vest, but she's digging and looking at stuff.

Jabarkas Mayonnaise (hydra of Varsoon and Xaio Long) is wierding me out because he hasn't played as he usually has in my experience.

Yetichain (hydra of Keychain and Yeticrab) is being her friendly cheerful self, but I've only ever seen her as scum soooooooooo
drealmerz7 was super active out of the gate but then dried up and has promised to catch up later. (I know he is busy and stuff)

Not Known 15 is going hawrd but it seems like scattershot and meant to give a certain impression.
dunkerdoodles is dunkerdoodling around
acidphoenix is not really doing much other than answering questions directed at him
Lil Uzi Vert lurked, argued about theory, and replaced out

I'm reading fortunes, and no one has jumped down my throat about it (even Varsoon), so...victory?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

porkens solid town
i'm getting mixed feelings on NK15
feels like a fabricated read imo but
and have townie tone
idk
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by nancy »

Not so outnumbered by the men now, this is good.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by nancy »

Also from what little I know of northsidegal she's a little more talkative than LUV, this is also good.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

:D

so dunk and nancy, who's scum?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by nancy »

You?

Do I win?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 312, nancy wrote:You?

Do I win?
sorry, the cards don't seem to be in your favor.

a few people seemed to be scumreading luv - could someone explain that for me?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by nancy »

>.>
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Jabarkas Mayonnaise »

It's because LUV had very little in the way of content despite being in the top five posters. A lot of what he did post was flighty and non-committal.
Then he replaced out.
I'm not really keen on giving a replacement a pass, myself.
I feel like, yes, you're not LUV, but you should still have to exonerate your slot.
Part of me is actually more critical of you for asking why people were scumreading LUV--it seems like something easy enough to find out (just read the last few pages, or any post where someone voted the slot) and it also strikes me as asking for a roadmap of what to do to appease people who are still scumreading the slot. For instance, now that you know I am scumreading your slot for being flight/non-committal, you might hope to turn that read around through direct engagement and committing to a wagon.

Spoiler Alert: I won't townread you for that alone.

-V
The best way to achieve your goals is through conquest.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 315, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:It's because LUV had very little in the way of content despite being in the top five posters. A lot of what he did post was flighty and non-committal.
Then he replaced out.
I'm not really keen on giving a replacement a pass, myself.
I feel like, yes, you're not LUV, but you should still have to exonerate your slot.
Part of me is actually more critical of you for asking why people were scumreading LUV--it seems like something easy enough to find out (just read the last few pages, or any post where someone voted the slot) and it also strikes me as asking for a roadmap of what to do to appease people who are still scumreading the slot. For instance, now that you know I am scumreading your slot for being flight/non-committal, you might hope to turn that read around through direct engagement and committing to a wagon.

Spoiler Alert: I won't townread you for that alone.

-V
Indeed, my vote stays on Little Uzi Vert(now Northsidegal) for these reasons... and one additional reasoning()
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i asked it more as a "jumping off point", to get discussion started. nobody responded as quickly as i would have hoped, but it's still fine. honestly, there was something i can't really explain about this game reading through that just made my eyes glaze over a bit when reading everything - that's why i wanted to try to sort people starting from my replace in moreso than from reading back through the thread.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm

It's because this game lacked any real conflict or passion, imo.
Whenever I catch up on 5+ pages in a game, I always gloss unless there's a really serious conflict happening, and, even then, if it's too verbose, I still skim it.

Basically, this game's been pretty toothless so far.

-V
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 316, Not Known 15 wrote:Indeed, my vote stays on Little Uzi Vert(now Northsidegal) for these reasons... and one additional reasoning(168)
do you think luv's isn't valid?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 318, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:It's because this game lacked any real conflict or passion, imo.
Whenever I catch up on 5+ pages in a game, I always gloss unless there's a really serious conflict happening, and, even then, if it's too verbose, I still skim it.

-V
in the full interest of transparency i didn't have to catch up on the whole thread, i was already following along when i replaced in. i'm not sure how much that changes, though.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 319, northsidegal wrote:
In post 316, Not Known 15 wrote:Indeed, my vote stays on Little Uzi Vert(now Northsidegal) for these reasons... and one additional reasoning(168)
do you think luv's isn't valid?
If you don't know if motivation is coming from scum or town, then you can ask for the motivation directly. That can give you hints. If you surely care much about motivation, then you would normally try to ask for that motivation if you cannot see it, no? So, yes, that one isn't valid.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 318, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:It's because this game lacked any real conflict or passion, imo.

-V
Porkens is still pretty high in my suspicion list even after they decided to give in and answer my question(and that situation was serious). But LUV/north, well that spot is currently number 1.
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Now that the games are over and I can reference them, compare Porkens play here to his play in Paint Mafia Mania:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73434
and Maplewood Village:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73801

The way Porkens has committed to a gimmick here, coupled with the tone and directness of his non-gimmick posts, gives me townvibes since I was witness to similar in those aforementioned games.
That said, I don't really have any scum-Porkens games I've experienced firsthand to hold up to it, so, /shrugs.

-V
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

I did a reading for keychain and lost it. BLARG

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”