Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 am

Post by Lalendra »

Well, it seems like this game is going to be progressing at a good clip. Hi all, back from Thanksgiving shenanigans and ready to dive in.
In post 45, Aster wrote:Curious is how quickly you backtrack on asking for a roleclaim. Northside
hadn't even said a word
and you already felt like you needed to defend yourself with "no, I totally wasn't asking for roleclaims!". It gives the impression that
you knew
that you just committed a scum action.

There is one more curious thing about asking for roles: suppose Tex would claim her role. We, as townies, wouldn't have a clue whether her role was town or not. The mafia, however, would know—and if Tex is town (like you
somehow
silently assumed in post #35), then its all the more power to them. Roleclaiming seems kinda more beneficial to mafia than to town.

I would vote you, but my vote is already on you from the RVS, so I shall do the following:

UNVOTE: mutantdevle
VOTE: mutantdevle4reals
I agree with Aster's reasoning here, I really really don't like the rolefishing Mutant is doing. It's wayyyy too early in the game for that and is not at all beneficial to town. Even less beneficial is the way in which Mutant pointed out who should be the first NK, like are you kidding me?
In post 47, mutantdevle wrote:Luckily for me, my placement in the list allowed me to choose my role more comfortably. Whether or not I received said role or what role I was after I am unwilling to disclose at this time.
So you acknowledge that you are unwilling to disclose your role; why would you feel that Tex may have been willing to do so?
In post 54, mutantdevle wrote:I hadn't previously considered the possibility of scum taking roles to prevent town having them. Possibly because I'm someone who prefers to boost one's own team rather than subtracting from the other.
Look at this. I mean REALLY LOOK AT IT. He draws a parallel between the two and basically says "As scum, I prefer to boost my own team rather than try to subtract from town by taking their PR's away."
In post 38, northsidegal wrote:wow, finally getting this started - it feels like it's been over a month since i signed up.
In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 18, Creature wrote:Leaving here that I detected so far one post that looks very forced and one post that looks very genuine.

Free towncred if you can find each.
12 & 16?

Also I get the feeling this question is to just test for people who want to appear townie.
why did you answer it, then?
I would like an answer to this as well.
In post 80, Creature wrote:Ugh, that rolefishing.

mutant, have you tried a newbie before?
I don't like this. His join date is a month ago but he already said earlier in the thread that he has plenty of experience playing mafia, and in case that wasn't clear, he even refutes your noob claim later:
In post 96, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 88, Creature wrote:What I'm worried about mutantdevle is that he has no idea of how mafia works here. So I'm thinking his rolefishing is town motivated even if it's pretty bad.
I’m familiarising myself with how things work on this site. I’m yet to complete a game here but I am currently in 3 of them. On the EE forums however I have played at least 6 games and even hosted one. The mafia culture there is a lot different though. So basically I’m not completely inexperienced and I wouldn’t want anyone to discard me as that.
I almost think that Creature is a scumbuddy who is trying to help out Mutant, and Mutant is just too prideful to take the bait.
In post 102, wilky wrote: I told you that scum participated in the draft... Surely that's better than saying look at the setup :lol:

Firstly, you played a "I don't know how this setup works" trick to look more town, then you took the conversation off topic and tried to keep it off topic, seems scummy to me.

VOTE: Chip butty
I don't like how Wilky is willfully ignoring the rolefishing issue which has generated so much discussion otherwise.
In post 108, Chip Butty wrote:If i had to pick 3 right now:

Wilky for being squirmy and casting a defensive vote.
Mutant for blatant and ill-advised role fishing.
Aster for too much setup spec.

In no particular order yet...
I don't know how I feel about this, he acknowledges the issue with Mutant but it seems obligatory, like he just has to acknowledge what's going on.
In post 118, Creature wrote:
In post 12, Aster wrote:VOTE: mutantdevie for bandwagoning.

(This is totally unrelated from my fear of mutant zombies.)
Seemed forced.
In post 16, CommKnight wrote:VOTE: Pisskop - One scum in the group of 1's for sure.

Also holy shit, look at that. I managed to pick the one number that wouldn't screw me and someone else over. :lol:
Seemed genuine.
Can you explain this a bit more? These are both RVS votes, surely your reads have to have developed a little more since then. Also, why are you just now answering this question, which was already pointed out by Mutant as seemingly obvious fishing for towncred?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Lalendra »

Oh and
VOTE: Mutantdevle
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 148, mutantdevle wrote:I do not accept I was role fishing I was simply asking a fish if they'd be willing to jump out of the water. I had no intention of throwing my hook into the water if she said no.
This just sounds like semantics.
In post 148, mutantdevle wrote: Texcat had free choice of role. She had the freedom to choose absolutely any role on the list without worry that someone else may take the role. As a result, she could choose whichever role she thought was the strongest.
Hence she potentially has the strongest and most valuable role in the game.
Fake claiming as something either less useful or potentially damaging for the mafia if they were to target her could prevent them from doing so. Personally,
I would consider the act of fake claiming as a little selfish
since there are the dangers of someone CC and it would divert the kill to someone else but I put the option there for if she wanted to take it.
Either way, starting a conversation about her role is anti-town, to me. If she has the strongest and most valuable role in the game, why bring attention to it? You said it might benefit town to know what it was, but it also benefits scum. And then you say fake-claiming would be selfish, but by bringing up the topic of her claim (whether you think it was role-fishing or not is irrelevant), you are leading to one or the other of those eventualities. If she indicates she doesn't want to claim, you have still cast a spotlight on her, turning her into lynchbait if she is town, and thereby potentially losing one of our biggest assets.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:22 am

Post by Lalendra »

What I don't understand is that Mutant keeps going back to "I was giving her the option to roleclaim." Everyone has the option to roleclaim at any point in the game, she didn't need your permission to do it. And you misunderstood what I said about her being lynchbait. I didn't say that a fakeclaim would make her lynchbait; I said that whether she fakeclaims or claims or doesn't claim, SHE IS NOW LYNCHBAIT purely because you brought attention to her. Whether or not scum would have drawn that conclusion on their own is irrelevant; you didn't need to point it out to them. At best it's anti-town.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:05 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 187, Viomi wrote:mutantdevle + Creature scumteam, anyone?
Yeah, I really don't like 171 either but like...that's just SUCH obvious buddying. It's hard to see it as anything else but my god that would be blatant if that's what it was.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 189, mutantdevle wrote:Not everyone on the wagon is irrational. Like I say, I would probably have been on the wagon myself if a wagon built around someone else asking the same question I did.
Not to be sarcastic, but if this is the case, why did you ask it? Did you only realize how scummy it was after everyone pointed it out?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:14 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 203, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 202, wilky wrote:
In post 201, mutantdevle wrote:I am under the impression someone who is lynchbait is bait to be lynched.
Genius found. :roll:
I don't get why you need to be sarcastic here other than to purposely be aggravating in a non-constructive way?

I didn't understand how what they were saying by describing textcat as lynchbait. So instead of assuming they were in the wrong, I took into consideration that perhaps the fault was on my part for not understanding the term. Over the last few weeks, I have been quickly learning a lot of new terms in mafia so it wouldn't be such a stretch to me if I simply misunderstood the term. Hence my post clarified that in case that was what was happening.
Was your post in which you said "lynchbait is bait to be lynched" not sarcastic? That was how I read it.
And I misspoke when I used that term I think. What I meant to say is that she is more likely to be either lynched or NK'd because of the attention brought to her. I still say that just because you felt it was "obvious" that her role was objectively the best because she had the opportunity to pick first doesn't necessitate you pointing that out. I'm also confused about your motivation for doing it in the sense that you mentioned that you only wanted a yes or no, not an actual claim, but on the other hand you also said that you were giving her an opening to claim comfortably. Which was it? Again, I feel that she could have easily claimed without having someone give her an opening, and that at best, asking her that question exposed her strategy quite early in the game.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Lalendra »

I find it funny that Creature keeps referring to mutant being newbtown when a) they've played on another site together and b) mutant has made it very clear that he is not new, that he has played before, and that he does not want to be discounted as a new player.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Lalendra »

Sorry, I've been reading but apparently didn't post recently. Nothing much has changed for me, I want to lynch Mutant but would also be down for a pisskop lynch.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Lalendra »

Aster, I don't think I understand why you were pushing an answer regarding pisskop's lynch, and then suddenly decided to switch from him to Mutant.

That said, I would be willing to lynch either of them, so I guess my vote stays where it is until the end of the day gets closer.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 356, mutantdevle wrote:To be honest, what I think you are going to learn is:
In post 348, CommKnight wrote:Jack shit.
Okay this made me lol.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by Lalendra »

She probably didn't tell you her theory because you didn't claim so it's still just a theory.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Lalendra »

Could you share reads without writing walls? I think we have plenty of time in the day, and I for one am curious as to what you think of the current gamestate. I would also, to your point, like to see more/indepth posts from Creature.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Lalendra »

The wagon on mutant built pretty quickly, what information do you hope to gain from it if he is town?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:37 am

Post by Lalendra »

Like if there's days of discussion leading up to a lynch, that's one thing, but he was wagoned really early on and the pace of the game since then has been fairly slow. I guess all lynches offer some information though.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 406, Creature wrote:
In post 396, Lalendra wrote:The wagon on mutant built pretty quickly, what information do you hope to gain from it if he is town?
Who's scum on his wagon?
No crap, but how?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:55 am

Post by Lalendra »

I really don't like pisskop's posts or playstyle this game, but I don't know if he'd be trolling so aggressively as scum. I do think he's a liability to town, and I'm willing to put him at L-2.

VOTE: pisskop
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:06 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 480, Creature wrote:I don't think he's a liability, atleast not the biggest liability.
Who would you say is the biggest liability then?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 486, Creature wrote:
In post 484, Lalendra wrote:
In post 480, Creature wrote:I don't think he's a liability, atleast not the biggest liability.
Who would you say is the biggest liability then?
Anyone who somehow got to the conclusion pisskop and mutant are both scum with me as scum defending them and still somehow defends it without ever doubting.
Which is who? I feel like you're making soft pushes without really naming names, and leaving yourself room to change your mind later.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:35 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 489, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 479, Lalendra wrote:I really don't like pisskop's posts or playstyle this game, but I don't know if he'd be trolling so aggressively as scum. I do think he's a liability to town, and I'm willing to put him at L-2.

VOTE: pisskop
FoS @ Lalendra. Pisskop is now playing the game and has been for a while. My problem with him right now is he is question dodging and generally not gamesolving.
But I didn't say that he wasn't playing the game....
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Lalendra »

Well we only need one more person to vote pk to get a lynch, since Mutant already said he would hammer. So to those of you who aren't voting pk, why? What would convince you to move your vote?

A NL would suck as we wouldn't gain any information at all today so let's not let the day go to waste.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 577, Viomi wrote:Hey guys, when I inevitably get mislynched or NK'd and going through my ISO, remember this: Chip Butty is definitely town.
Not that I necessarily disagree, but why are you so sure?

This is my first PYP; is it common for the numbers to play a large role in gamesolving? I figured that it would be more like a traditional game, in terms of post analysis and associatives, but it seems like the draft order and the numbers people picked are factoring into not only setup spec but also NK spec.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Lalendra »

Not a fan really of the way Viomi is interacting. Just really seems like they're not putting a lot of critical thought into the process. I'm not so sure I buy scum!creature just yet, the failure to tell us whether he played a PYP in the past doesn't seem inherently scummy to me. Mutant is also becoming less scummy as time goes on; not necessarily that the rolefishing seems less scummy to me, moreso that nothing since then has pinged me as scummy and I'm no longer convinced that the question in and of itself was scummy. I guess Mutant is null for now. I would definitely like to hear more from Comm and NSG but not sure I'm willing to call them "suspicious" just yet.

VOTE: viomi
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Lalendra »

Mutant, you're more dedicated to the game of mafia than I am to anything in life.

That said, do you think it's possible that there are games that don't contain "Pick Your Power" in the title which may be throwing off your statistics? Also how do replacements, inactivity due to RL circumstances, etc. factor in? I do believe that statistics and meta are valuable but I feel like there are a variety of other, far less predictable forces at play that make it nigh impossible to always accurately predict how a player will behave in a given scenario.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 am

Post by Lalendra »

Personally I struggle with meta because while some things are meta tells, calling it out basically either tells the person "okay good, I should keep doing what I'm doing" or "shit, they're on to me, better change it up" so I appreciate your approach of not just laying it all out there right away. I will, however, be interested to see how you use the data to substantiate your claims as the game progresses.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 am

Post by Lalendra »

@Mutant - Stating a reason is fine if you don't feel it requires explanation. It's up to the people who find your statement unclear to ask for additional details. I personally am not going to explain myself ad nauseam unless people have specific questions because why waste my breath if a simple statement would have sufficed? You're criticizing people for not being clear enough but not asking for any clarification.

@Viomi - While that may be true, a time-stamped digital note to yourself doesn't really help US, does it?

pedit - jfc stop long enough for me to post, I've tried three times now and I keep getting blocked by the "you may want to revise in light of new posts" lmao
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 709, texcat wrote:
In post 701, Creature wrote:No sure if I can do anything more today, but Viomi's wagon is over.
No, Viomi is at L-1. That is hardly over. Quit trying to protect your buddy.
Yeah I don't like that post at all. Clearly the wagon is far from over, we're still in the middle of discussing it, what on earth would make you say that unless you're just trying to persuade people to look elsewhere with no real reasoning?
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:36 am

Post by Lalendra »

It sounds like he's interpreting it as sarcasm, as it was intended, but not buying it.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Lalendra »

@Mutant - These posts are the ones I disliked.

- Moving vote from Mutant to PK while still saying Mutant was her top SR.
- Naked votes Aster, after Aster unvoted PK and voted Mutant - who was still Viomi's top SR.
- Says that Mutant's lynch would give us the most info and she's "pretty sure" he's scum - while voting Aster.
- 120ish posts later, "Aster is town", votes PK again. Doesn't explain why attitude on Aster shifted.
- Says Chip Butty is "definitely town", but doesn't say why.
- Naked votes Northside, quoting a post from Aster which says that both Northside and Comm are suspicious. Doesn't explain why she chose North over Comm, or why she is suddenly listening to the reasoning of someone she was previously voting for.

There's a lot of jumping around, very little explanation or clarity, and direct conflict between posts (and sometimes within the same post). I stopped reading the ISO after 590 because frankly I don't feel like dealing with the toxicity.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:33 am

Post by Lalendra »

Prod received. Won't have time to read/catch up until later today or tomorrow.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 855, CheekyTeeky wrote:Oh and a tip that changed my life on MS: when you highlight part of a post and push quote, it quotes that specific part for you. Yw.
WHAT

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (isolation #31) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 939, Viomi wrote:You're here, care to reply to my response to your "case"? Or are you just going to continue sheeping?
I didn't really feel the need to respond, nothing you said changed my mind. Obviously I read the posts surrounding the ones I quoted, and still found them noteworthy, so I wasn't swayed by your argument since you didn't present any new information.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (isolation #32) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Lalendra »

Ugh, I would really rather lynch Viomi than Comm. But I will vote Comm if needed to avoid a no-lynch.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (isolation #33) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Lalendra »

Yeah, I'm not seeing scum!aster in 1026.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Lalendra »

Is that just a blatant AtE?

I am really glad I read that spoiler text because all of it was amusing but I literally just cackled at
In post 1085, KidAmn wrote:and then swing the veiny engorged bat of justice at the 2nd half of this shitpile
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Lalendra »

I don't know how I feel about Aster v. Comm. I think there are much scummier people that we can probably agree to lynch *cough*Creature,Viomi*cough* until we sort out whether this is TvT.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2372 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Lalendra »

Ugh, nice game scum. This really was town's game to lose and we did so with gusto.

And happy scumday Viomi :)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (isolation #37) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Lalendra »

The good thing about being me is people think you're scum no matter what so when you're scum people go "idk, I think this is her town game"
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (isolation #38) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Lalendra »

P sure sheep was just trolling Viomi based on her "READ MY POSTS" freakouts, sig, location, etc.

Can you guys not? It was a shit game, whatever, next one will be better

Return to “Completed Open Games”