Mini Normal 1969 - Blessed Mafia (Werewolf Win)

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think Espeon worded that in a way where he could easily turn onto me if he wanted to.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

:up:
In post 602, Dunkerdoodles wrote:um
do you know how scummy you just made yourself look there?
like, i think you're town, but that's awfully scummy
was it actually a joke cause it was pretty random

pedit: same

This is funny. If you think he’s town, he made himself come across as townie, not scummy. :lol:
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Tchill13 »

no traction with UC...

VOTE: jaydragonking
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

You were on that wagon for less than a page :igmeou:
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Tchill13 »

there was no such thing as an UC wagon. people posted and showed no interest in it.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Tchill13 »

realistically una is my only decent TR right now. Una is the only one im seeing effort from here.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:32 am

Post by Tchill13 »

jay and archie are getting thrown around a lot. The miller lynch was met with VERY much opposition. Ari's catch up is meh. Whymafia, Dunk and lil uzi leave much to be desired in effort. Apparently flavor doesn't game solve till day 3 (which seems like he's adjusting his town play to benefit his scum play if he's not gonna get involved early because ik how good a player he is.)... So yeah... Let's lynch someone.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 630, Tchill13 wrote:realistically una is my only decent TR right now. Una is the only one im seeing effort from here.
Why does effort = town? If anything, I myself put much MUCH snore effort in as scum than I do when I’m town.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I don’t do it to better my scum play, my town play is stronger. I just can’t attempt at solving the puzzle when all the center pieces are missing. I’ll jump when I see something. I’m good with VCA, NKA, generally trajectory hunting, and right now, there’s just not enough for me to completely ‘gamesolve’.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, I have the second highest post count this game, so I’m not sure what the ‘not getting involved’ is referring to.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:39 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

So when you have a choice to hang me or Archwing, you choose me,Tchill?

I really don't understand your thought process right now. So against hanging someone for seeming "too easy" yet going for the easy hang in Espeonage's Miller claim. What is the difference there?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Quick »

In post 631, Tchill13 wrote:jay and archie are getting thrown around a lot. The miller lynch was met with VERY much opposition. Ari's catch up is meh. Whymafia, Dunk and lil uzi leave much to be desired in effort. Apparently flavor doesn't game solve till day 3 (which seems like he's adjusting his town play to benefit his scum play if he's not gonna get involved early because ik how good a player he is.)... So yeah... Let's lynch someone.
Opposition to a wagon is more often than not an indication the slot is Scum. :facepalm:
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

Vote Count 1.05

Espeonage [3]:
Quick, Archwing, Dunkerdoodles
Quick [3]:
WhyMafia, Lil Uzi Vert, Espeonage
Archwing [2]:
JaydragonKing, UC Voyager
Aristophanes [2]:
Something_Smart, UnaBombaH
JaydragonKing [1]:
Tchill13
Not Voting [2]:
Flavor Leaf, Aristophanes

With
alive, it takes
to lynch or no-lynch.

Deadline ends in
(expired on 2017-12-18 12:00:00)
on
December 18th.
At deadline,
Espeonage
would be lynched.

Mod Notes:
Have fun!
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 am

In post 636, Quick wrote:Opposition to a wagon is more often than not an indication the slot is Scum.
Lol
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Quick »

In post 638, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 636, Quick wrote:Opposition to a wagon is more often than not an indication the slot is Scum.
Lol
In the context of what is going on in this game? Yeah, I would say so. Chill has points that still have yet to actually be refuted but instead people don't heed his wisdom because... why? I am not really sure. Someone explain it to me.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:45 am

Did you read ANY of my several back-and-forths with Tchill?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am

Not to mention that the burden of proof is on the ones arguing for a policy lynch.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Archwing »

So I'll post something within a day or so regarding real content.... but man, this game is way too full of meta. This shit is ridiculous.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

That feel when your a noob but everyone elsa around you is using meta strategies from having multiple games together.

If I was scum, I really would have been fucked.

If you Mainstays on this site could kindly use evidence from this game instead of previous experience with that player for your case, so someone such as myself can make an informed decision, that would be wonderful.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Quick »

In post 268, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 259, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 258, Quick wrote:VOTE: Espe

Uzi, Flavor, Chill, you know why.
Yeaaah...

Something_Smart and I pulled off a Mafia victory earlier in the year with a page 1 Miller claim/fake cop claim gambit earlier in the year too, so like, I really don’t like this Miller claim.
You feel tonally similar to that game.

(Of course I'm taking that with a huge grain of salt as that's the only game I've played with you. But it still is a fact.)

And Espe, trust me, I'm aware of that :P but your claim would still be MORE trustworthy if there is a cop.
In post 290, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 287, Espeonage wrote:- As in, do you still claim to know my alignment and role.
Since it's now outright stated, yes, I fully believe you to be a town miller.
In post 380, Something_Smart wrote:
WhyMafia wrote:Guys I played as miller fairly recently
Just treat the miller as you would with any other player. Judge them on their play. If they act scummy, we pressure them, if they don't, we let em live
Oh my god I'm getting so many flashbacks to the game where I claimed miller as scum LOL.

Every time anyone said something like this, I cheered silently :lol:
In post 426, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 425, Tchill13 wrote:From espeonage's pov anything that can keep him from getting lynched is what he's hoping for.
you make it sound like he didn't expect people to want to policy him when he claimed miller.

if we wanted to keep from getting lynched, he could have NOT CLAIMED MILLER.
In post 429, Something_Smart wrote:Kind of a shot in the dark here but I feel like scum are a BIT more of a hindrance to town than a miller is.
In post 433, Something_Smart wrote:And you know what, I can qualify that even more.

Scummy townies are hindrances to town too. So every lynch will remove a hindrance to town. With a miller, there are other things that can make his claim more or less likely, like the flipping of certain roles (And there are some roles that can still outright clear him, notably rolecop).

Miller is a very tiny hindrance to town once claimed. The only negative result is that if a cop happened to want to investigate him, they wouldn't be able to. That's very minor.

I agree with you that it is, in general, a bad idea to let miller claims live until LYLO. If he begins to show survivalistic tendencies in the next few days, then I may be willing to vote there.

But there's no reason it has to be today.
In post 442, Something_Smart wrote:Coming from one person who's made endgame after fakeclaiming miller to another, I think it's well understood.

But your argument doesn't make sense. You're saying town should lynch him now because they might suddenly become dumb and decide not to lynch him later. If this were a town that would refuse to lynch the miller claim D2 or D3, could you really expect them to lynch it D1?

I don't know if I'm explaining this in the best way, but there's definitely some logical fallacy going on. If you could pick the lynch, you'd probably lynch Espe D2 or D3. But you're assuming that you won't be able to pick the lynch on those days because "anything can happen", so you believe that you can pick the lynch on D1.

Does that make sense?
In post 450, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 446, Tchill13 wrote:He's a claimed Miller. A NEGATIVE town utility. Do I think he's scum? He could be. I've explained the motivation if he was. Either way we're lynching a suspect in my book. I'd like for everyone to take a hard stance on this circumstance. I obviously have.
Do you not agree though that at this point the negative utility for town is extremely slight? All it means is that a cop can't check him. But by lynching him we're not removing any negative utility, as a cop certainly can't check him if he's dead.
In post 447, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 445, Something_Smart wrote:Why is town in a worse position to lynch scum while Espe is alive?
If I have a "must kill before lylo" list then at some point I'll have to deal with it. Sooner is always better than later in mafia.
That is a self-defeating argument. If we have a choice between options X and Y, then it works equally in favor of doing X sooner rather than later as of doing Y sooner rather than later.
In post 529, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 518, UnaBombaH wrote:*If my read on town!Esp. is accurate, then
Someone heavily advocating to lynch Esp. today is likely scum
Actually, I disagree. I think that a better conclusion is that someone defending him is likely scum. I think scum would try to avoid being at the forefront of a miller push; they'd try to hide in the background and look like they were just following and it wasn't their fault.
In post 520, Espeonage wrote:I kind of what to flip Jay.

If they flip scum, it's multiball. Which is good to know.

Bc relationally my scumreads don't make sense together and I have four of them. And it'd be nice to have a chance for them all to be scum at the same time.
Better idea:

If you think Jay scum implies multiball, then singleball would imply Jay town. So leave them alive for now and see if it's multiball first.

(And by the way, UCV, Paint Mafia Mania was an unusually terrible multiball game. Usually, they aren't quite so one-sided, and of course this is a normal so all of the complex mechanics there won't be present here.)
In post 542, Something_Smart wrote:Key word "threat".

What exactly does the existence of a miller claim threaten?
In post 559, Something_Smart wrote:And the existence of a cop would give a lot of credence to the miller claim.
In post 253, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 251, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also,

@Something_Smart - Thoughts on that Miller claim? :lol:
Wayyyyyy more believable than mine was :P
In post 585, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 582, Tchill13 wrote:Smart who's a scum read besides a low poster you'd rather Lynch Over the Miller?
I don't have any other scumreads.
This is every time you talk about miller by doing a mill search in your ISO.

Now I really don't want to have to do this because I have better shit to do with my time. But I can poke holes in ALL of these arguments and they still don't address the +EV of lynching a miller claim D1. Lynching miller D1 is the STANDARD way you SHOULD deal with that claim UNLESS there is something beyond magical that happens during the day that would override a miller death D1.

Your play surrounding the miller claim is exceptionally weak and I am vote parking on miller until miller claim is dead.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Quick »

And lets get this strait, you don't NOT lynch a miller claim "because I believe the claim" you don't lynch a miller claim because "there is no doubt in my mind that the miller slot is Town" and if you have that kind of read on Espe at this point you should just quit Mafia right now.

And if you keep attacking the intelligence of your fellow players, you should just replace out before I do it for you. This is your only warning.
Last edited by Assemblerotws on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 am

In post 644, Quick wrote:Lynching miller D1 is the STANDARD way you SHOULD deal with that claim UNLESS there is something beyond magical that happens during the day that would override a miller death D1.
Evidence?

I've seen at least 4 games with miller claims and this view was never held by more than a few players, if it was even brought up at all. Even here it's a minority view.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:18 am

In post 645, Quick wrote:And lets get this strait, you don't NOT lynch a miller claim "because I believe the claim" you don't lynch a miller claim because "there is no doubt in my mind that the miller slot is Town" and if you have that kind of read on Espe at this point you should just quit Mafia right now.
Once again, you can't make claims like this with no evidence.

There are 11 people that I will not end up lynching today. Clearly I can't be positive that they're ALL town. So why should I have to positive that ESPE is town in order to not lynch him?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 am

In post 643, JaydragonKing wrote:That feel when your a noob but everyone elsa around you is using meta strategies from having multiple games together.

If I was scum, I really would have been fucked.

If you Mainstays on this site could kindly use evidence from this game instead of previous experience with that player for your case, so someone such as myself can make an informed decision, that would be wonderful.
Hi! Sorry you feel left out!

That stuff is optional, but it does help us get a better perspective. That said, it still is (or should be) combined with evidence from the game. For instance, I scumread Ari because he's not posting a lot and what he does post is shallow and easily faked. This is corroborated by the experience I have with him, but that experience is by no means a requirement for understanding the read.

If you're referring to the miller talk, all you can really do is use your own reasoning. All of us come from different backgrounds and also have different philosophies regarding the game, so there is a lot of talking past each other. In the end it's a matter of opinion anyway.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:37 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

"you should quit mafia now." - Quick

My newbie game made somebody nearly already quit because of stress, but if they played with someone with your mindset, they surely would have stopped.

Your attacking the player in that situation, not the play. That is a dick move. Also, if I may be so bold, very elitest of you.

Let people enjoy the game, dude. We all have our own playstyle. Being a dick and telling them to quit isn't in the spirit of fun, or sportsmanlike.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”