Micro 759: Tarot uPick III - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

hi
i'm here and ready to talk
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Jabarkas Mayonnaise »

In post 416, acidphoenix wrote:nsg a. has the disadvantage of being also luv's slot and b. key gives me strong town gut feelings and nsg.. doesn't

why are those two a relevant comparison iyo
Both are pushing me, but I feel like nsg is doing so under pretenses that are perceivably just noob-town/naive. Key's push, however, relies on outright denying the reality of the situation at hand and is also coming from a more site-experienced hydra. Their play feels much more motivated with intent to scum-paint me rather than a realistic reaction to my play, as I could argue NSG's is.

My current conundrum is if NSG actually believes in what they're putting forth or if they're just using a level-1 (ostensibly town) approach as an excuse for leading a wagon on what would flip as the first mislynch of the game.

-V
The best way to achieve your goals is through conquest.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

northside/jabarkas is town/town i think
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

kinda want to scumread nancy
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm

In post 425, Dunkerdoodles wrote:hi
i'm here and ready to talk
Provide reads, with explanations for why you're reading the ways you are (even one sentence per read is fine) as well as a vote.
:P

-V
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm

In post 428, Dunkerdoodles wrote:kinda want to scumread nancy
Explain?
I'd like you to explain your reads about me/Northside, too, but more interested in how you're coming to this conclusion on nancy.

-V
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i wanted to chat with somebody who was actually going to chat productively and enjoyably and the part of my role that isn't neighborizer i don't think i've claimed clearly enough for it to be reasonably discernible

other than getting a feel for who will be the subjectively best to chat with i don't think that me claiming it will have an impact on much
true evil is taking away the ability to choose

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

In post 426, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:Key's push, however, relies on outright denying the reality of the situation at hand and is also coming from a more site-experienced hydra
can you link yourself casing this pls

ms sux
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

well um
i feel like nk15 is scum and that's where my vote is right now because his posts seem fabricated and kinda idk, sketchy? i don't like his posts

porkens's posts are genuine and town

nancy has been kind of lurky contributing, like i feel she is posting, but not really doing anything while town fights eachother

i find both sides of you and north's discussion towny
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

dunker did you see my you!meme btw

(:3 dunkers)

ms sux
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

Huh. Okedokey.

So Has your stance on nk15 changed at all?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 433, Dunkerdoodles wrote:well um
i feel like nk15 is scum and that's where my vote is right now because his posts seem fabricated and kinda idk, sketchy? i don't like his posts

porkens's posts are genuine and town

nancy has been kind of lurky contributing, like i feel she is posting, but not really doing anything while town fights eachother

i find both sides of you and north's discussion towny
I'll go in on a mutual town read here.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 430, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:
In post 428, Dunkerdoodles wrote:kinda want to scumread nancy
Explain?
I'd like you to explain your reads about me/Northside, too, but more interested in how you're coming to this conclusion on nancy.

-V
I don't want to say she's lurking, but I feel her posts aren't really trying to advance the game state, she's just chugging along while town "fights eachother.

acid, it got redacted i think :(
but show me

i don't know how to really read his posts, but my gut tells me scum based on how it's formatted, it feels fabricated to me
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

porkens can you confirm / deny whether my feelings that this looks similarish to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73478&user_select[]=30477 for nk15 are valid

i haven't actually done real analysis just "from memory it feels like previous with him"

no dunkers read two posts down from the one with the redacted post; it's me flipping your readslist except i colored in the readslist since the game's over

ms sux
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 383, northsidegal wrote:VOTE: jabarkas

recent posts are lamist. jabarkas' push has a lot of bark but no bite – nothing is actually accomplished by what he's doing other than projecting the image of "i'm frustrated with the lack of actitvity". explicitly saying that you're pressure voting someone doesn't mean anything, and pushing against lurkers is a great way to look like you're contributing while really not accomplishing much.
this feels like a town vote, it's kind of out there, and the reasoning is solid.
In post 385, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:
In post 383, northsidegal wrote:VOTE: jabarkas

recent posts are lamist. jabarkas' push has a lot of bark but no bite – nothing is actually accomplished by what he's doing other than projecting the image of "i'm frustrated with the lack of actitvity". explicitly saying that you're pressure voting someone doesn't mean anything, and pushing against lurkers is a great way to look like you're contributing while really not accomplishing much.
Glad to see you taking the bait of "Look at me! I am doing something now! I'm voting you! ahahah!" Trash.
Let me explain how off-base you are:
1. Expressing frustration with lack of activity while actively voting an inactive player is a call for action and a push to get that player and others to post. Obviously fucking worked, as your post is indicative of it.
2. "Explicitly saying you're pressure voting someone doesn't mean anything" -- In some cases, this can be true, but in the case of expressing that my vote exists to put a player closer to lynch and will stay there until they produce content that convinces me they aren't scum; that's a FUCKING VOTE, that's the only way in which I can operate towards my goddamn wincon, and expressing the pressure dynamic in this situation does not mitigate the reality of that pressure. There's this stupid fuckoff idea that 'pressure votes' are not votes intended to lynch a player--they can be if players mean them that way, but I fully intend for this vote to lead to either a lynch or a production of content that clears a player within a reasonable doubt.
3. Pushing lurkers is the only fucking option in this game as literally 7/10 of the game have less posts than me and, I'd argue, only nancy has a comparable amount of content. To me, you are all lurkers. Furthermore, this is the only game I'm playing in and I'm not moderating anything right now--I refresh this game every ten minutes or so, and seeing no one post anything is incredibly frustrating. Of course I'm going to make a push and try to get the game moving.

I can see where you could be coming from (if your joindate is reflective of your relative mafia and on-site experience) because a lot of the empty platitudes you've championed here are the kind of things that sound good to rally behind, but that doesn't exonerate you as town nor condemn you as scum. At least, I'm grateful that you're doing something.

-V
this feels like a townie defense, while i wouldn't say the tone is "genuine", it feels well thought out and i guess from a town pov

if one of you guys is scum it's definitely jabby tho imo.

i'd like to know what others think of jabarkus.

obviously this isn't the whole interaction but you get the point
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 438, acidphoenix wrote: no dunkers read two posts down from the one with the redacted post; it's me flipping your readslist except i colored in the readslist since the game's over
ok i get the point i'm bad at mafia
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

:3 dunkers

(not to be mean it was just Highly Amusing

also that list had better reads than me so lolme not actually sheeping it)

also a turbo on mu starts in 7 minutes so bye for the night probably

ms sux
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Jabarkas Mayonnaise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 pm

In post 432, acidphoenix wrote:
In post 426, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:Key's push, however, relies on outright denying the reality of the situation at hand and is also coming from a more site-experienced hydra
can you link yourself casing this pls
Yeti's post 378 and my reply here: viewtopic.php?p=9803148#p9803148

@DunkerDoodle:
So do you think it's scum for nancy to stay out of the conflicts happening? Do you feel like being not involved in something that's TvT makes someone scum? I don't really see her inciting the conflict, but she doesn't seem to be doing much to dispel it either, so, I don't know. Though, honestly, the same avoidance could be noted about a lot of the slots in this game that haven't weighed in one way or another--why does this make nancy, specifically, scummy?

Can you show some of the posts that you think nk15 wrote that are fabricated/sketchy?

P.S. it's okay, I've been playing on this site for years and I'm still awful at it.

-V
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 438, acidphoenix wrote:porkens can you confirm / deny whether my feelings that this looks similarish to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73478&user_select[]=30477 for nk15 are valid

i haven't actually done real analysis just "from memory it feels like previous with him"

no dunkers read two posts down from the one with the redacted post; it's me flipping your readslist except i colored in the readslist since the game's over
Looks like a scummy reflection of his town game. Too much aggression in this version
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

i don't have the presence of mind / time before turbo starts to even skim it but i'd appreciate if you also compared viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73139&user_select[]=30477

ms sux
acidphoenix
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
acidphoenix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by acidphoenix »

ew gross ms don't break the link

directly cp it (or click on activity overview yourself)

(that's a scumgame; my partner)

ms sux
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Smooth scum game!

He is much scummily here
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

might be conf bias but idk

plus he is only scumreading and not townreading which is sketchy
Spoiler:
In post 293, Not Known 15 wrote:Lil Uzi Vert:
Largely unhelpful posts. Only one to completely skip questions. Strange reactions to motivation and then telling that motivation is very important(while not caring for motivation).Then we have the question about town being guarded. Is that intended to protect Porkens? How does Uzi know anything about the abilities of others, while it is Day 1 and nobody claimed? (Yes, you know that it is upick but one role should not give you so much info on the setup; while being on the scumteam could). They even didnt say why they thought otherwise(being guarded not indicative). Yes, I saw the replacement. But that does not make it better.
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
In post 322, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 318, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:It's because this game lacked any real conflict or passion, imo.
Whenever I catch up on 5+ pages in a game, I always gloss unless there's a really serious conflict happening, and, even then, if it's too verbose, I still skim it.

Basically, this game's been pretty toothless so far.

-V
Porkens is still pretty high in my suspicion list even after they decided to give in and answer my question(and that situation was serious). But LUV/north, well that spot is currently number 1.
In post 355, Not Known 15 wrote:I definitely want a reaction to your last, interesting post here, Yeti. From those who are deemed questionable.
I can't say that lynching players you don't think are scum is a great idea. This post was pretty sketch in general.
Hmmm but I don't know if Dunker is town or scum. They could be both. I only said it was probably not indicative for scum(dunker). Not that it is indicative for town(dunker). And if they are town, they have a high chance of messing up. In my opinion, Dunker is unreadably anti-town every time; at least that is what their games suggest.
In post 184, Not Known 15 wrote:I notice that Porkens has failed to comply with my request to answer my question(why Porkens did town read Jarbakas) again. I recommend everyone to vote Porkens right now. I cannot see any good town reason for Porkens to hide their reasons behind the naked townread. I do however see a scum motivation behind them first ignoring my question, then turning towards me in an attempt to discredit me and even further trying to discredit me when I made a vote and told them to answer: The town read was fake!
In post 373, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 372, Porkens wrote:
In post 361, northsidegal wrote:i promise i'll have more to say later, by the way, when i get the time.
In post 365, acidphoenix wrote:viewtopic.php?p=9802614#p9802614

content tonight or tomorrow hopefully; sorry for lack thereof so far
One of these is scum.
It could be both. But I have played with acid more than once and they had utterly useless posts as my scumpartner, but also lots of useless posts as town.
But LUV/North? I think that slot is worse. Sketchy replacement, and north does not seem to be a lurker, usually. Also their entry...
My vote stays on North.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

It could be both is kinda the cherry on top for me.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 447, Dunkerdoodles wrote:might be conf bias but idk

plus he is only scumreading and not townreading which is sketchy
Spoiler:
In post 293, Not Known 15 wrote:Lil Uzi Vert:
Largely unhelpful posts. Only one to completely skip questions. Strange reactions to motivation and then telling that motivation is very important(while not caring for motivation).Then we have the question about town being guarded. Is that intended to protect Porkens? How does Uzi know anything about the abilities of others, while it is Day 1 and nobody claimed? (Yes, you know that it is upick but one role should not give you so much info on the setup; while being on the scumteam could). They even didnt say why they thought otherwise(being guarded not indicative). Yes, I saw the replacement. But that does not make it better.
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
In post 322, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 318, Jabarkas Mayonnaise wrote:It's because this game lacked any real conflict or passion, imo.
Whenever I catch up on 5+ pages in a game, I always gloss unless there's a really serious conflict happening, and, even then, if it's too verbose, I still skim it.

Basically, this game's been pretty toothless so far.

-V
Porkens is still pretty high in my suspicion list even after they decided to give in and answer my question(and that situation was serious). But LUV/north, well that spot is currently number 1.
In post 355, Not Known 15 wrote:I definitely want a reaction to your last, interesting post here, Yeti. From those who are deemed questionable.
I can't say that lynching players you don't think are scum is a great idea. This post was pretty sketch in general.
Hmmm but I don't know if Dunker is town or scum. They could be both. I only said it was probably not indicative for scum(dunker). Not that it is indicative for town(dunker). And if they are town, they have a high chance of messing up. In my opinion, Dunker is unreadably anti-town every time; at least that is what their games suggest.
In post 184, Not Known 15 wrote:I notice that Porkens has failed to comply with my request to answer my question(why Porkens did town read Jarbakas) again. I recommend everyone to vote Porkens right now. I cannot see any good town reason for Porkens to hide their reasons behind the naked townread. I do however see a scum motivation behind them first ignoring my question, then turning towards me in an attempt to discredit me and even further trying to discredit me when I made a vote and told them to answer: The town read was fake!
In post 373, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 372, Porkens wrote:
In post 361, northsidegal wrote:i promise i'll have more to say later, by the way, when i get the time.
In post 365, acidphoenix wrote:viewtopic.php?p=9802614#p9802614

content tonight or tomorrow hopefully; sorry for lack thereof so far
One of these is scum.
It could be both. But I have played with acid more than once and they had utterly useless posts as my scumpartner, but also lots of useless posts as town.
But LUV/North? I think that slot is worse. Sketchy replacement, and north does not seem to be a lurker, usually. Also their entry...
My vote stays on North.
Why is that sketchy? It simply means that I have no townread.
I still think that Little Uzi Vert was scum, and replaced out.

Acid, you are claiming Neighbourizer?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”