Pride getting in the way.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Ectomancer »

So let's see....you are so attached to being wrong....because that was your state for most of the game you see.....that when given the opportunity to be right...you still cling stubbornly to being wrong...and you need us to help convince you that is wrong...or right? Are you right or wrong? Because you have me so confused now. That just isn't right. Or isn't wrong. Wait, isn't right means wrong, right? Or do I say that, ummm, "Isn't right means wrong, isn't wrong?" Isn't wrong?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 24, Quick wrote:
In post 23, Ectomancer wrote:So let's see....you are so attached to being wrong....because that was your state for most of the game you see.....that when given the opportunity to be right...you still cling stubbornly to being wrong...and you need us to help convince you that is wrong...or right? Are you right or wrong? Because you have me so confused now. That just isn't right. Or isn't wrong. Wait, isn't right means wrong, right? Or do I say that, ummm, "Isn't right means wrong, isn't wrong?" Isn't wrong?
I can't even tell if this is Bull Shit :lol:
Well I happen to have a degree in Bull Shit. For a fee I could make an assessment. :nerd:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Being wrong is ignorance. Clinging to your ignorance is stupidity. :nerd:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 39, Zachrulez wrote:You haven't
really
played mafia until you've run into someone that's hard headed enough to not even bother to listen to a word you have to say in a game.
Sadly they become a policy lynch over time. Unless they have an amazing record at winning as town you don't let them into LYLO. I am not aware of any instance where this personality trait and such an amazing town win record have ever been paired.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 42, Quick wrote:
In post 41, Ectomancer wrote:
In post 39, Zachrulez wrote:You haven't
really
played mafia until you've run into someone that's hard headed enough to not even bother to listen to a word you have to say in a game.
Sadly they become a policy lynch over time. Unless they have an amazing record at winning as town you don't let them into LYLO. I am not aware of any instance where this personality trait and such an amazing town win record have ever been paired.
I think this is one of those things that should happen, but doesn't.
Well what happens is that due to the odds of random role assignments we will all naturally over time accrue more roles as town than we will as scum. So to begin going after those types of players as a matter of course becomes scummy behavior in itself for going after an easy target. Even if you don't agree and do try for policy lynches you will then find yourself an easier target and that is no good for anyone's win condition. So they remain in the game, things stay the same except for one thing. We all try our damn best to improve their game. Since we all will draw town roles more often and will be drawing those town roles with those hard headed players that is just the best strategy we can take in order to improve all of our town records. And isn't that a better trophy? To have a better town win record than scum win record? Sure it is more work for us. But if you train up those hard headed players they are actually the best at training up the next batch of hard headed players.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”