mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 am

Post by mozamis »

i dunno about Lucky, i keep waffling on him. But i just feel that he is thinking about the game, and trying to get scum lynched, and he is always giving out reads.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 308, Sesq wrote:sure

VOTE: uc voyager

athena is still a scumfuck. cy might be as well.
i mean, this is Sesq Day 1. She hasn't changed her reads AT ALL lol
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 976, Impede wrote:Moz, why can't we lynch Lucky today? How can you possibly townread that?
like, how can we justify lynch Lucky when the guy has produced so much more content than Sesq, Zulfy, Zaraki and Cy? Those four have to be the lynch pool, surely?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 967, mozamis wrote:
In post 942, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:
In post 941, Impede wrote:
In post 918, mozamis wrote:cult, zaraki and cy.
Game over.
DEAR FUTURE IMPEDE, IF THIS IS CORRECT, PLAY WITH MOZ MORE.
Dear current Impede, it isn't.
another good point that Laserguy made is that Zaraki is new. Which explains his supposedly "dodgy" looking hammer , as i thought. Once you look at Zaraki form the perspective of him being new, his game makes more sense.
I'm liking the Sesq/Zulfy/Cyfly combo atm - none of them have really done any scum hunting.
Sesq's vote park at the beignning of Today i think is a give away. No desire to re-assess reads after a mislynch - which both me and Lucca did. Just a "yeah, lets get back to this". Shows she's not trying to find scum.
literally objectively wrong

i explained why laser has little bearing on my other reads, because none of my other reads had any bearing on laser.

In post 972, mozamis wrote:
In post 966, Sesq wrote:this could also be moz

i'm throwing the shade because it deserves to be thrown

anyway reads:

luca and lucky and me town

cy and cult scum

unsure about the rest
this isn't good enough. I played with you in "Jungle republic", remember? When you were snapping at everyone's heels, chucking out reads, changing reads, pushing lynches etc
You have done none of that this game. Your reads have hardly changed all game. You're likely scum.
just because i dont post every god damn thing i think of doesnt mean my reads havent been involving

the only reads of mine that havent changed at all are luca and cult (but not even cult, she was null initially, but its close enough)

also why is zulfy scum?

and please stop (one, two, three, four, five, six, seven) octupleposting.

with how shit this read is on me you might be scum but i have another explanation, that is less complete but likely more accurate.

you see my relative inactivity today and you assume it must be scum because its not possible that someone is busy or uninterested or has nothing to say on the matters at hand and has been unconvinced by all the recent matters. and then you backtrack from this using your shitty logic on other things ive done.

moz, stop this. you're wasting everyone's time
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:59 am

Post by mozamis »

All you keep doing is saying "Cult is scum, cult is scum". You never give any reasons, never really push it.
How about the other options, like Zaraki, Zulfy, Cyfly? Saying "unsure about everyone else" isn't good enough for a player of your calibre.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 975, mozamis wrote:Also, since this is a Vanilla game, I don't give a shit about whether we lynch him before he turns up to post. No more scum delaying tactics.
The guy has had all game to post, and all we have got from him is "the dog ate his homework, and I'm really drunk". Unacceptable.
You can't just switch the pronouns around like that.
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 968, mozamis wrote:Zulfy prob is scum though, because even when he does prod dodge, he gives no opinions. Lurky town normally give some game related content.
That's a totally convenient lie.
no investigation no right to speak
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 186, Impede wrote:Finally caught up. Here's where I'm at as far as reads. Not going to post a ton of rationale since I need to get back to work (on lunch right now), but most of it is in my previous posts from the past hour. Feel free to question anything in particular that doesn't jive and I'll explain.

Town
to
Null
to
Scum
:

Sesq, Moz

UCV*, Luca, Cy
----slight
Laser*, Comm
----leaning town
CoA*, Arch('s slot)*
----leaning scum
Lucky, Zaraki

*indicates a need for more content. Don't feel great about these reads.
In post 964, Impede wrote:I feel like I need to sort. Here's my sorting:

{Luca, Moz}

{Sesq, Cy}

{Comm, CoA, Zaraki}

{Zulfy, Lucky}
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 981, mozamis wrote:All you keep doing is saying "Cult is scum, cult is scum". You never give any reasons, never really push it.
How about the other options, like Zaraki, Zulfy, Cyfly? Saying "unsure about everyone else" isn't good enough for a player of your calibre.
i've explained why. read my posts

i have said nothing about zaraki because i dont know where to place him. i cant tell if he is a very bland player or scum. dont see a lot of great arguments.
zulfy is lurker. whatever. stop pushing him so hard he could be useful later
cy. possibly scum. probably. if cult is, yes.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 983, Zulfy wrote:
In post 968, mozamis wrote:Zulfy prob is scum though, because even when he does prod dodge, he gives no opinions. Lurky town normally give some game related content.
That's a totally convenient lie.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zulfy
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Impede »

Athena, did you have a point to make or are you just posting for reference?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

He's not getting replaced any time soon so he needs to be lynched.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Sesq »

not when we have actual scum on roll

well, more likely scum
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 989, Sesq wrote:not when we have actual scum on roll

well, more likely scum
What's causing you to townread him, Sesq?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Impede »

Wow jk, I'm dumb. Disregard that. Better question: If a wagon is forming around likely scum, why would you stay off it if you think you have "more likely" scum?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 987, Impede wrote:Athena, did you have a point to make or are you just posting for reference?
Paranoia strikes deep.

VOTE: Impede
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Impede, you're lying about your reads. They're fake.
In post 681, Impede wrote:
In post 653, Luca Blight wrote:I'm gonna chop the lynch pool down to three.

LaserGuy
Impede
Zaraki

One of these is being lynched today.
I responded to Laser's "case" against me in in my . The issue kinda fell dead after that. If you have concerns, it's much more town-beneficial to air them and question the individuals regarding their behavior than just throw out blanket lynch lists.

Worth noting that I also completely agree that there is 1-2 scum in this list
In post 733, Impede wrote:
In post 704, mozamis wrote:
In post 701, CultOfAthena wrote:Given that nobody seems to be picking up on what I've been saying, I'll say it a little more explicitly - mozamis is scum.
ah the invetibale frustrated scum "OMGUS" - attack is best form of defence, eh?!
Done it myself.
Although you give yourself away lol "no one seesm to be picking up on what I'm saying" i.e the SHADE I'VE BEEN THROWING lol
This reeks of scum.

Going to try and make time during my lunch tomorrow to drop some updated reads. Sorry for being semi lurky. Life is busy and I live and work right in the middle of all the So Cal fires. Don't think I'll get evacuated, but it's been hectic.
In post 734, Impede wrote:
In post 724, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 722, Luca Blight wrote:What's the benefit of letting LaserGuy off the hook for free?
Who said anything about that? You're ignoring all of my points on mozamis today, with the point that they can be discussed tomorrow. Why wait until tomorrow to discuss them?
This is towny
. I'm annoyed by Moz's play style right now, but I initially townread him. Feeling scummier with some recent posts, but I think he deserves an ISO. I may jump on this.
In post 964, Impede wrote:I feel like I need to sort. Here's my sorting:

{Luca, Moz}

{Sesq, Cy}

{Comm, CoA, Zaraki}

{Zulfy, Lucky}
Compare those thoughts to your readslist and then compare that readslist to the same one 800 posts ago. It doesn't seem like you actually take into account any of the things that you point out – you're just saying them.

Spoiler: LaserGuy inconsistency/opportunism
In post 609, Impede wrote:
In post 584, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 571, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 562, LaserGuy wrote:
We're going to have to deal with the slot sooner or later. Even if it does turn out to be a Town slot, it's not like they're doing anything to help out. There isn't really any harm in doing this.

What's the need to deal with him today as opposed to in the future? Presumably if the lurking is actually due to real life reasons and not an in-game strategy, that should be cleared up sometime later. This seems uncharacteristically concise and nonanalytical, compared to my playerimage of you.
Remember, there is no night kills or power roles in this setup. Therefore the usual reasons for not wanting to lynch lurkers, or even marginally scummy players don't really exist here... we don't risk losing a strong townie voice or PR by lynching them. We just lose a slot that we can't read. It's likely that sooner or later, especially once we get down to only one or two scum left, we're probably just going to have to systematically lynch a couple of the players that people are fairly uncertain about, and that's fine. We have mislynches to spare, and with each scum we lynch, we can afford to lose another townie.

Yes, Zulfy could someday produce some great content that would make it worth keeping them around. Frankly, I think their content will need to be truly speculator to get them up to near-conftown status. Or they could continue to lurk and prod dodge for the foreseeable future. How much time is worth waiting for them to do something on the off-chance that they contribute something of value?
I like this lots. Agree to your points.

If Zulfy flips red, Laser is conftown in my book.
Even if Zulfy's town, this seems towny to me
In post 736, Impede wrote:
I'm unconvinced that Laser is scum
. Your case against him seems shallow. I have more townleans in his content than scumleans. I think defending UCV is too obvscum and it came off more as him questioning your tunneling. Idk what to make about him coming along to hammer. If he really disagreed with the lynch, it seems odd for him to run in and hammer unless he's scum desperate for towncred. Also kinda obvscum imo
In post 752, Impede wrote:Fine. I think I have a decent case for CoA, but I'll wait til tomorrow. Don't see any sense in defusing what seems like a town wagon.

This isn't my favorite lynch, but upon scumlensing Laser's ISO, I can see some D1 fence-sitting and a lot of D2 opportunism. If nothing else, this flip will be heavily informative, as Laser is quite selective with whose reads he agrees with and whose he decides to question or try to discredit.

VOTE: Laser

This is L-1.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 992, CultOfAthena wrote: Paranoia strikes deep.
By the way, this was in regards to myself, not some kind of coy comment towards you.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I could go along with an Impede lynch, but it seems to me Zulfy will have to be lynched at some point regardless.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 995, Luca Blight wrote:I could go along with an Impede lynch, but it seems to me Zulfy will have to be lynched at some point regardless.
What's the benefit to doing it now?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 993, CultOfAthena wrote:Compare those thoughts to your readslist and then compare that readslist to the same one 800 posts ago. It doesn't seem like you actually take into account any of the things that you point out – you're just saying them.
Reads change. Both of those posts were also made as interim posts before I could get caught up on the game and were mostly based on a single post. You should be more worried about players who fence-sit or tunnel for no apparent or defensible reason.

Worth noting that Laser also scumread me for having some inconsistency in my reads. I question if that's actually a scumtell or not. Opportunism is scummy; having a malleable position on the gamestate is not.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 996, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 995, Luca Blight wrote:I could go along with an Impede lynch, but it seems to me Zulfy will have to be lynched at some point regardless.
What's the benefit to doing it now?
Normally slots like that where you're not able to attain an educated read are best to get rid of before a MYLO situation arises.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 998, Luca Blight wrote:Normally slots like that where you're not able to attain an educated read are best to get rid of
before a MYLO situation arises
ASAP.
There, I fixed it for you.

The later we get into this game, the more we are hurt by having nullreads and a shrinking number of allowed MLs. Best to keep content-generating players generating content because they are easier to sort. Players like Zulfy are the reason the term Policy Lynch was created. It's literally a win-win and I challenge anyone to disagree with me.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I would rather he was replaced but it's not going to happen. If I was mod I'd have probably force-replaced him for the combination of lack of activity plus lack of game related content when he does post.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Impede »

Doesn't hurt to ask.

@Mod: What's your take on prodging? Seems like Zulfy is on his second (maybe third?) prod and these latest posts seem like a formality.

Return to “Completed Open Games”