Spyfall Anyone?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games (board, card, video, we're not picky). Playing such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Beefster
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 am

I'm just polling for interest on playing Spyfall in Mish Mash. For those who haven't played it, it's a hidden role game where one player is the Spy and the rest have a location and a role within that location. Players go around and ask questions about the place or role and try to figure out who the spy is while the spy tries to figure out the location. The spy wins if he/she guesses the location. The others win if they correctly guess who the spy is.

Lots of fun, though I'm wondering how it might work in a forum setting. In the face to face version, you have 8 minutes of question asking before the players are forced to vote. What would that be in forum time? 1 week? 2? Not to mention that when time is taken out for voting, you'd need a day or two to discuss and vote.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy

Radical Rat
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:17 am

I played face to face once where instead of a timer we just voted whenever, not unlike the voting system we use for Mafia here.

It was pretty informal, but it worked out fine so you could probably do something similar

randomidget
COTM 2018 Winner

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 pm

probably a number of questions or pages of questions might work best?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Katyusha
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:30 pm

I played it once and had a lot of fun, I'd absolutely be interested in a game.

Far from the first person to tell you how to run a mish mash game tho sorry :/

Not_Mafia
Smash Hit

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:37 pm

/in

[ + ]

Return to The Arcade