jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:03 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

VOTE: Twoinamillion

The phrase is "one in a million" ... sounds like he must have a conspiracy to stack the odds in his favor. What organization would have enough power to do that? The mafia.

I rest my case.
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:26 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 55, rb wrote:Why is erratic posting scummy?

Seems more like a town trait at this stage of _the game_
I don't like this post. Erratic posting isn't a scumtell, but the same logic that shoots that down would also lead you to believe that isn't not a town tell either. Because the logic doesn't seem to be coherent, it feels disingenous.

UNVOTE: Twoinamillion
VOTE: rb
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:42 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 84, CommKnight wrote:Since you guys don't seem to understand the set-up fully and already fucked one plan completely, let's get this out onto the table.

There are NO night kills. Masons and Mafia cannot talk with each other. They may leave hints in some of their posts that the other members of their team will be more observant of.

We can actually force the mafia's hand. Pick one person to be hammer and pick two people to be at L1. If one or both are scum, they'll be forced to use their daykill attempt or completely risk being lynched without attempting one.

We ensure this method works because anyone who steps outside of two people to put at L1 is immediately lynched the next day, no waiting period, no time for scum to decide to attempt their daykills to kill masons, they get lynched for mishammering.

Any objections?
I like this thought process, but I'm not sure it's completely foolproof. It could lead us to "clear" people undeservedly (like if we happen to put two scum at L-1, or scum uses the hammer to bus).
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 96, TwoInAMillion wrote:the odds improve as townies are lynched but that's not a winning game plan.
That would also improve the odds of scum shooting a mason.

Honestly, as much as having some kind of algorithm to approaching the game would be helpful, I'm not sure that there are any possible plans that would give us a higher probability of winning other than good old fashioned scumhunting. Taking the guesswork out of the game like that greatly reduces the amount of content in thread to draw reads from, allowing scum to hide behind "following the plan."
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by jzhenson93 »

I find it difficult to get reads from speculating about the strategy. It's essentially a logic puzzle, and while people can be bad at solving a logic puzzle, analyzing it has very little to do with your alignment. Scum can easily join in on that discussion without having to give anything away. I said this before, but I think there are much more interesting discussions to be had.
In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm kinda offput by the amount of pushback Comm is receiving but A50 has some sound reasoning in his most recent post so I'll think on it a bit.
Like with this post. It's so noncommittal, and reads almost like "I want to have a say in this discussion but I'm not sure where it's gonna go so I'll chime in here and wait it out." A scummy take on (as I see it) a fruitless dialogue.

UNVOTE: rb
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 213, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: jzhenson93

I don't like how this guy is approaching this game at all. He's an alt account, right?
Popping in tonight to address this, giving things a re-read tomorrow morning to see what comes of it.

I was on mafiascum when I was in high school and, even though I really enjoy playing mafia, I didn't have a mature enough handle on managing my time and ended up chronically replacing out of games.

Now that I'm done with my master's and settling into a more stable schedule, I came back to the site to get back into mafia as a hobby. So I guess you could call me an alt, but there's no main account with sizeable enough experience to really matter.
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by jzhenson93 »

To be honest I got so behind in this thread that Idk where to start (I did read all of it and basicly monkeymonkey took over the leading position while making a enormous amount of readings I agree with this list, (sorry again for inactivity) I had a whole plan around my first few posts but it's too late for that I think the fact that Gamma wasn't hammered yet means that he is either a mason or scum and I'm inclined to believe that he is scum.

I'm willing to join the wagon once you guys feel confortable with ending the day.
I don't like this at all.

The suspicion referenced in the post you were responding to didn't mention anything about activity at all, but you spend lots of time apologizing for inactivity before addressing the original reason for suspicion. Feels like an attempt to cushion direct responses to criticism with as much sympathetic content as possible.

UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald
VOTE: JunkoChan

The reason I'm popping up on lists of scumreads right now appears to be related to the fact that my reads are being read as "inorganic." My rb vote was not anywhere close to the strongest read I've ever had, but felt more productive than a random vote. Other than that, I'm not sure how to address the claim that my posts are inorganic, except maybe by adding pictures of flowers or something.
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #754 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:19 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

Not my best play ... I thought that the accusations against me (sounding inorganic) were undefendable, and I didn't want to generate any more associative tells by trying to fight it. In hindsight, it had the opposite effect.

Return to “Completed Open Games”