Not Voting (2) -
CommKnight, wavemode, Hongzi

Mod Notes

- wavemode is VLA until the 17th
- Gamma Emerald will be VLA from the 21st to the 25th
- havingfitz is VLA until Monday

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-12-22 18:00:00)
Last edited by Alisaes French Maid on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by jzhenson93 »

I find it difficult to get reads from speculating about the strategy. It's essentially a logic puzzle, and while people can be bad at solving a logic puzzle, analyzing it has very little to do with your alignment. Scum can easily join in on that discussion without having to give anything away. I said this before, but I think there are much more interesting discussions to be had.
In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm kinda offput by the amount of pushback Comm is receiving but A50 has some sound reasoning in his most recent post so I'll think on it a bit.
Like with this post. It's so noncommittal, and reads almost like "I want to have a say in this discussion but I'm not sure where it's gonna go so I'll chime in here and wait it out." A scummy take on (as I see it) a fruitless dialogue.

UNVOTE: rb
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I have half a mind to quit this game already just because I already suspect almost everyone
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It crossed my mind that statement might be confusing. I'm saying that because I have so many suspects I doubt I'll be able to play well and as such am considering letting someone less confused take my place.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have half a mind to quit this game already just because I already suspect almost everyone
You realize this is you confessing you're both incompetent and a quitter?? I didn't know that! Thanks for the info.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Looking at the posting activity and don't like that Comm makes his proposal, only has 2 total posts so far, and has pretty much silent since people point out it isn't good.

VOTE: CommKnight
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A50, It seems you missed the last post I made. I'm saying that I don't feel like I can properly organize the actual suspicion from me being cheesed off at certain things.
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 131, Gamma Emerald wrote:A50, It seems you missed the last post I made. I'm saying that I don't feel like I can properly organize the actual suspicion from me being cheesed off at certain things.
Why can't you try harder? I mean this IS the game of Mafia, right? You are clueless (if you're Town) and you try to figure things out, while Scum try to confuse you and lead you astray.

Also, I hate the very concept of joining a game then replacing out. It's a matter of respect to your fellow players as well as the mod IMHO. I'd understand if you had something unpredictable popping up IRL, or if you got into a quarrel with someone that it became toxic for the two of you to be in the same game.. I WOULD appreciate that, but replacing out because you're confused just doesn't qualify as a valid reason to quit a game you willingly signed up to and have us wait for a replacement.

So, regardless of you alignment I really hope you stay and try to play the game (and if you're Town I hope you help us win it too).

TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Town
TwoinaMillion
Almost50
havingfitz

Null-Town
jzhenson93
humaneatingmonkey
rb

Null
MawhrinSkel

Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi

Scum
JunkoChan
CommKnight
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Oops Gamma Emerald would probably be in the Null-Scum.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 132, Almost50 wrote:
In post 131, Gamma Emerald wrote:A50, It seems you missed the last post I made. I'm saying that I don't feel like I can properly organize the actual suspicion from me being cheesed off at certain things.
Why can't you try harder? I mean this IS the game of Mafia, right? You are clueless (if you're Town) and you try to figure things out, while Scum try to confuse you and lead you astray.

Also, I hate the very concept of joining a game then replacing out. It's a matter of respect to your fellow players as well as the mod IMHO. I'd understand if you had something unpredictable popping up IRL, or if you got into a quarrel with someone that it became toxic for the two of you to be in the same game.. I WOULD appreciate that, but replacing out because you're confused just doesn't qualify as a valid reason to quit a game you willingly signed up to and have us wait for a replacement.

So, regardless of you alignment I really hope you stay and try to play the game (and if you're Town I hope you help us win it too).
Thanks. I have a plan in place fyi. I'm going to put points for and against each player and determine which suspicions are good leads. fyi this is a private thing, so I probably won't be sharing.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@TIAM and rb:
why did you guys vote for JunkoChan?
<Embrace The Void>

TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 40, JunkoChan wrote:???? ??? ?? ? ?? I think Imma policy lynch just to be safe.

VOTE: Almost50
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by CommKnight »

"Daykill: At any time in the game, you may PM the moderator a daykill attempt. If that player is a Mason they will die. If the player is a Townie, the kill backfires and you will suicide."

^ My bad, I assume all day-kill abilities are 1-shot and the way it's worded, it's like, it either fails or succeeds, but that's the attempt and it's done and over with. But 1 scum being able to make MULTIPLE attempts upon being right with their first one? That I didn't consider even remotely possible so I didn't ask for clarification like A50 did.

But I'm sorta LOL'ing. Most people I have played with here, so I'm going to be a threat to a few if they're scum this game. So they better hope they kill me quickly. Which brings me to A50's push on me. He knows I'm dangerous to scum as town. Which is interesting that he pushes me early D1.

My plan wasn't fool-proof and now with comments on it, it's now obvious why (main reason being mafia have multiple shots). See, the plan was to make them afraid of losing a mafia kill and make them misfire and even cause a situation where masons could all out with 1 scum alive to auto-win. Scum would kill 1 mason, but the other 3 would be alive. But since ANY mafia can shoot multiple times, that blows that plan out of the water.

Also lol at "Comm went silent". You know, there's this thing called a JOB. It is 8+hours. I disappear from here when I'm working. it happens. Same thing when I sleep.

Anyway, I don't mind being lynched because right now the wagon on me is full of shitty information.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 138, CommKnight wrote:"Daykill: At any time in the game, you may PM the moderator a daykill attempt. If that player is a Mason they will die. If the player is a Townie, the kill backfires and you will suicide."

^ My bad, I assume all day-kill abilities are 1-shot and the way it's worded, it's like, it either fails or succeeds, but that's the attempt and it's done and over with. But 1 scum being able to make MULTIPLE attempts upon being right with their first one? That I didn't consider even remotely possible so I didn't ask for clarification like A50 did.

But I'm sorta LOL'ing. Most people I have played with here, so I'm going to be a threat to a few if they're scum this game. So they better hope they kill me quickly. Which brings me to A50's push on me. He knows I'm dangerous to scum as town. Which is interesting that he pushes me early D1.

My plan wasn't fool-proof and now with comments on it, it's now obvious why (main reason being mafia have multiple shots). See, the plan was to make them afraid of losing a mafia kill and make them misfire and even cause a situation where masons could all out with 1 scum alive to auto-win. Scum would kill 1 mason, but the other 3 would be alive. But since ANY mafia can shoot multiple times, that blows that plan out of the water.

Also lol at "Comm went silent". You know, there's this thing called a JOB. It is 8+hours. I disappear from here when I'm working. it happens. Same thing when I sleep.

Anyway, I don't mind being lynched because right now the wagon on me is full of shitty information.
What do you mean by shitty information?
<Embrace The Void>

Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Hongzi »

In post 133, TwoInAMillion wrote: Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
What did wavemode do to warrant this? Me I could understand but there's nothing to back this up.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by CommKnight »

@Gamma, what information would come from my lynch of any value this early in the day?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like there is some sorting that could be done.
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Comm: I'll sleep on your "disclaimer" for now (literally ;) . I hope by the time I wake up that you would have done something that convinces me that you're Town and that it was indeed an honest mistake. And YES, I do mow you're dangerous to Scum
if you're Town
, and I assume you would also be dangerous to Town if you're Scum, so ... ??

OK. I', off to bed. See you in 10 hours (give or take). Let's see what you got by then.

@All: For anyone who doesn't know me, check either (or both) games Comm finished modding already (they're in his signature). I was Town in both, but I really wouldn't say that my Scum game is much different. I'm CRAZY either way, as you might conclude when you do read these 2 games) :lol:

P.S. Those who know me may skip reading these games if so they choose. It's probably nothing you haven't seen from me before.

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Ciiiiiirclejeeeeeeeerk.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 am

Post by rb »

there's too many dumb/confused so far for them all to be town

is it the new scum meta to pretend you're a dumbass for towncred?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:26 am

Post by rb »

In post 130, TwoInAMillion wrote:Looking at the posting activity and don't like that Comm makes his proposal, only has 2 total posts so far, and has pretty much silent since people point out it isn't good.

what's your updated opinion based on his explanation? (he works, he gap in activity isn't that long afaik)
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:26 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 146, rb wrote:
In post 130, TwoInAMillion wrote:Looking at the posting activity and don't like that Comm makes his proposal, only has 2 total posts so far, and has pretty much silent since people point out it isn't good.

what's your updated opinion based on his explanation? (he works, he gap in activity isn't that long afaik)
Could be true, but more than likely he's just being reactive and making an excuse.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 140, Hongzi wrote:
In post 133, TwoInAMillion wrote: Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
What did wavemode do to warrant this? Me I could understand but there's nothing to back this up.
I get suspicious of people who don't post, especially considering I've played with him in other games where he is more active.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

Return to “Completed Open Games”