Not Voting (3) -
CommKnight, wavemode, Hongzi

Mod Notes

- wavemode is VLA until the 17th
- Gamma Emerald will be VLA from the 21st to the 25th
- havingfitz is VLA until Monday

Deadline:
(expired on 2017-12-22 18:00:00)
Last edited by Alisaes French Maid on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 148, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 140, Hongzi wrote:
In post 133, TwoInAMillion wrote: Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
What did wavemode do to warrant this? Me I could understand but there's nothing to back this up.
I get suspicious of people who don't post, especially considering I've played with him in other games where he is more active.
I don't buy that.

VOTE: TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:25 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 151, Hongzi wrote:
In post 148, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 140, Hongzi wrote:
In post 133, TwoInAMillion wrote: Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
What did wavemode do to warrant this? Me I could understand but there's nothing to back this up.
I get suspicious of people who don't post, especially considering I've played with him in other games where he is more active.
Sounds like you are looking for an excuse to lurk to me.
I don't buy that.

VOTE: TwoInAMillion
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

So far..

Town/Townish: havingfitz-rb-TwoInAMillion-Gamma Emerald-MawhrinSkel (in that order)

Null: JunkoChan-mozamis-wavemode-jzhenson93 (in no particular order)

Scummy: Hongzi-CommKnight-humaneatingmonkey (from least suspicious to most suspicious)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 am

Post by mozamis »

sorry got really bogged down in my other game last night, completely forgot about this one. Carching up in the next hour or so.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:21 am

Post by mozamis »

really provisional read|:humaneating town for asking questions about how best to win the game. Gamesolving plus uncertain plus curious often = town
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 21, Gamma Emerald wrote:
V/LA from the 21st to the 25th, Going out of town for Christmas

In other news I think it may not be the worst thing for someone to fakeclaim mason as VT.
gambits to be avoided if possible, they tend to confuse the fuck out of everyone, and it's confusing enough when you are town already.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 32, Almost50 wrote:OK. I claim a Mason.

please dont do this.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 36, rb wrote:A50 is probably town?
getting that vibe. He's not exactly blending in.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:37 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 40, JunkoChan wrote:???? ??? ?? ? ?? I think Imma policy lynch just to be safe.

VOTE: Almost50
agree its annoying. But he's prob town.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:39 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 41, Almost50 wrote:No need for applause.. really. I know I'm always impressive with those probabilities.
shame mafia has nothing to do with maths, and is all bout psycholgy and emotions.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 47, MawhrinSkel wrote:
In post 5, rb wrote:Because i dont wanna have to try and mentally pronounce that name to myself all game
Blame Godel.
Btw in case Godel didn't make this public before-hand, this is a teaching hydra. I'm here to help Godel, so this is like 95% a Godel-game.

thanks fo rhte info without analysis. My first serious vote:
VOTE: mawhrinskel
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Hongzi »

Almost50 and Monkey have similar posting styles – inflammatory, can be spurious, fun to read. I am endeared to both and I find myself townreading his analysis.

CommKnight’s doublewagon plan is bupkis, but TIAM’s probability analysis was also bupkis. Statistics isn’t my thing (I’m more of a calculus and trigonometry fella) but I did remember that probabilities are multiplicative in sequence. The probability of me drawing the Ace of Spades from a standard card deck and then the Four of Clubs is (1/52) * (1/52), not (2/52). In A50 references Comm’s decisiveness and confidence. That’s a good catch. CommKnight has a line of LAMIST resignation. It’s not even past 50% of the required votes for a lynch and yet some frustration bristles to the surface.

I can’t and won’t scumread CommKnight, however, for gaps in posting. I have two jobs, one during the day and one at night so sometimes playtime is a stretch for me. That being said, I do have my Annual Christmas Vacation coming up, in which I have NEITHER job for a really good swath of time so my available hours to read and think are gonna ramp up wildly.

Twoey, I can agree with you that as a maxim, being suspicious of less posting players is beneficial, but I think with exams coming up, a scumread on wavemode when they were forthright about V/LA is unnuanced thinking.

I haven’t seen Monkey monkey with the game yet, which is good for everybody. Seems like Monkey’s townplay from the last game we played together (my first game, TownHongzi town win despite my tunnel).

rb barks like town, Gamma Emerald barks up the wrong trees just saying stuff that any alignment could say. Could be a mafioso wearing a townie cloak. I don’t like their posting about spitballing ideas. The tone in that one doesn’t sit well with me. I weigh most of my words heavily, so just throwing stuff out there and dismissing it later with little resistance seems like scum fluttering to me.

Jzhenson has sound logic – how do other plays feel about algorithmic vs. “conventional” scumhunting?

I disagree philosophically with mozamis' ; I feel like the true answer is somewhere in the middle. But, he says it with conviction and I can respect that.

I'm gonna be working later this afternoon, but I'll be back and I might even be intersect if the produce section isn't too busy today. Don't tell my boss.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:00 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 67, jzhenson93 wrote:I don't like this post. Erratic posting isn't a scumtell, but the same logic that shoots that down would also lead you to believe that isn't not a town tell either. Because the logic doesn't seem to be coherent, it feels disingenous.
this sounds like bollocks, rb clearly said that "erratic posting..more of a towntell at this stage of game".
This is a really convoluted incoherent argument from you, sounds made up.

VOTE: jzensson
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am

Post by mozamis »

Fitz and Humanmonkey's convo about masons claiming etc sound very town.They are both curious and out in the open. I also liked Rb's point about Almost's posting being town, which i totally agree with:
P.O.E:
Town Moz, Rb, Almost, Human, Fitz

So 4 scum in 8!: Comm, Million,Mawhrin, Junko, Wavemode, Jzenson, Hongzi and Gamma.
Already 50% chance of hitting scum! Like i said, maths sucks :P
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:20 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 84, CommKnight wrote:If one or both are scum, they'll be forced to use their daykill attempt or completely risk being lynched without attempting one.
insitnctively, i'm against it, because it could stifle discussion and force people to sheep people that dont have good reads.
Not saying i'm definitely against it, but it these plans often back ifre on town. They stop people thinking for themselves, and before yyou know itm you have some bullshit plan where 4 townies are quick lynched in a row.
Probably best just to keep scum hunting.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:23 am

Post by mozamis »

Although these plans normally come from town, so i put Comm in town pile.
So 4 scum in: Million, Mawhrin, Junko, Wavemode, Jzenshen, Hongzi and Gamma
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

Hongi rejoins the null block (up from slight scum). The reason I was Sring the slot was their previous/opening 5 posts had not much substance to them, so they looked like busy work. though clearly shows he did a thorough read of the game and while it doesn't earn him a TR it -at least- erases the effect of the previous posts.

Moz is also getting better, so I'm considering moving him up one notch to become my 6th town lean, but I probably need to look at a previous game with him to refresh my memory about his play.

@Moz: I kept trying to remember where we played together last. It finally hit me that it was in that Persivul game where I lost my temper and subbed out for the very first time in my Mafia history (and so far the only one, so let's keep our fingers crossed it stays that way).

Anyway, I finally found my way to that game thread so I'm going to read it again sometime soon before I can decide on your slot, but feel free to keep posting as it should help me get a better read.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:27 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 92, Almost50 wrote:As such, the Comm plan becomes obviously flawed and is indeed an attempt to identify "who's willing to vote whom".
plan might flawed. But normally are flawed cos they dont know whats going on. He's gamesolving which is normally town.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:27 am

Post by mozamis »

*town normally are flawed
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:31 am

Post by mozamis »

Gamma's post 97 and 98 are both kinda empty, particularly with all the discussion that's gone on.
fos gamma
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:34 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 99, jzhenson93 wrote:llowing scum to hide behind "following the plan."
good point.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 am

Post by mozamis »

I'm still suspicipous of Mwhren and Jzhensen, but this gets a wagon going on Gamma, so it seems more useful:
VOTE: gammaemeraldVOTE:
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:39 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 102, rb wrote:VOTE: CommKnight

fake dumbtell

bye scum
Very unusual play for scum. Comm is cleared for me, until late game paranoia :P
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:41 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 111, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'm also suspicious of Gamma Emerald's hovering.
absolutely

Return to “Completed Open Games”