Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 12, momo wrote:
Votecount 1.3 #BringsmeBack

In my first game of mafia, which was; coincidentally, a C9++, I had no idea what I was doing. I signed up for a central park game because I didn't know what a newbie game was. To act like I was an alt and not a noob, I pretended to hate hydras, even though I had no idea what they were. I lost that game -___-

Votes

Almost Chara: (2) --- northsidegal, Elmo TeH Azn
Elmo Teh Azn: (2) --- cytheflyguy, Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin: (1) --- Voyc

Not Voting
: Assemblerotws, davesaz, Chip Butty, havingfitz, Schism, Jodaxq, xXTonereaderXx, Almost Chara

(expired on 2018-01-01 22:49:29) until deadline
Honestly I love this flavor. It feels like a mob boss is randomly telling stories about back in the day.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:23 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

I don't think Joda's actions are AI. People are salty and catty all the time, regardless of alignment.

Also feel the same way about North. Wow, they did something so obviously wrong! They must be scum! They're not pushing for someone as scum without anything to back it up. That should be seen as suspicious, not this.

Y'all. Being less than 100% cooperative =/= being scum. I mean yeah over time that can be a different story, but by page 3 I wouldn't think much of it.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Not saying Joda is salty btw, just was throwing that in there bc it falls under the same catagory.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:50 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 84, northsidegal wrote:nice santa hat there ms tonereader! :D
In post 81, havingfitz wrote:xXTonereaderXx....would you just play the fcuking game. Ffs....smh.
what gives you the impression that she isn't? she's contributed more than i have, at this point.

by the way, i think cy is town. he was incredibly awkward in rvs the last game i saw him in – i like his observations and his
tone
so far. :wink:
I'm awkward in general but thank you! Which game was that btw?
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 90, xXTonereaderXx wrote:
In post 89, havingfitz wrote:
In post 84, northsidegal wrote:what gives you the impression that she isn't? she's contributed more than i have, at this point.
Cutting and pasting from a set of seven or eight questions with the occasional quote thrown in while providing no original thought or opinion is not playing the game imo. It's a lame ass shtick that got old within a few posts.

I agree with havingfitz but damn that was funny.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:58 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

UNVOTE: Elmo Teh Azn

VOTE: havingfitz
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:26 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 129, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 126, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 84, northsidegal wrote:nice santa hat there ms tonereader! :D
In post 81, havingfitz wrote:xXTonereaderXx....would you just play the fcuking game. Ffs....smh.
what gives you the impression that she isn't? she's contributed more than i have, at this point.

by the way, i think cy is town. he was incredibly awkward in rvs the last game i saw him in – i like his observations and his
tone
so far. :wink:
I'm awkward in general but thank you! Which game was that btw?
Mini Normal 1964 - Hell is 56k Dialup. I was in the same game
Oh yeah that one. Had to replace out bc of finals and forgot to V/LA.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

I didn't wanna quote the whole thing, but Fitz, the reason I voted you had nothing to do with that instance. I felt your reaction to Joda was a bit much and wanted to put pressure on your slot. Seems to be working :D
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 159, Jodaxq wrote:Almost Chara was clearly scummy as hell.
They're the innocent child doe
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 159, Jodaxq wrote: I think Sleepless Assassin had the worst reaction. His post of "have you never been scum or am I missing a game?" kind of implies that he knows I'm not scum in this game. I also don't like how someone scum read him for being a try hard, he responded with "yeah I get that a lot," and then proceeded to disappear, only saying anything when he was asked a question directly. My vote is on him currently, but it's not parked there.
I don't like havingfitz's reaction either. The reasoning behind the self vote and then the bs reason (yes I know I can't flip a coin to randomize 13 players and yes I know a coin cannot come up odds) is to see if anyone will try to push for the easy lynch of someone who did something that obviously stood out.
Also, I would switch your vote if I were you. I read as more of someone looking for meta. I also don't think the second comment means anything. I do that all the time as town (and as scum too). What is condeming is ignoring sarcasm and something that's obvious and still trying to push for that to be a lynch.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

I'm getting over a case of the flu. I should be able to post tomorrow, but I don't trust myself today.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 243, xXTonereaderXx wrote:
In post 195, Sleepless Assassin wrote: The mod's intervention on tonereader makes tone likely town. The mod called it not playing the game which shows that it's not likely to be a scum tactic. I'm very unlikely to support any Lynch on tone in this game. Hate to use reasoning like that but it stood out and it's not like I can just pretend it didn't.
In post 151, davesaz wrote:Good example of how mods need to be careful not to influence by mistake. Hopefully all's well that ends well.
In post 4, momo wrote:
Almost Chara is a mod confirmed innocent child
:D
I don't support this logic. Regardless of alignment, I doubt the mod would be pleased by this.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 251, xXTonereaderXx wrote: No one cares about your stupid minitheme so you're not getting reviewers for it, and certainly no one cares about you.
That's pretty harsh and unneeded. Last time I checked it's just a game. Report it, fine, but you shouldn't get so anal about it.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Didn't Schism say at some point they were gonna self flip or something? What happened to that?

I wouldn't mind voting for Assemble. He hasn't done much and what he does have just seems like fake busy work. Assassin at least feels kinda genuine to me.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Well I guess we know what havingfitz chose.

An interesting series of flips. There are at least 3 killing roles, one of which is now dead. I wanna read back and see if I can make any connections with this information.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:03 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 425, davesaz wrote:If you think a little, that can
only
be a townie reaction.
Hint: what alignment makes shit up? What alignment is best served with the truth?
In post 426, CheekyTeeky wrote:
only
be a townie reaction.
Hint: what alignment makes shit up? What alignment is best served with the truth?
*uses the force on dave*

What alignment doesn't give a shit about trying to sort players?
Think about it. What is easier as scum? Making something up even tho you know something else to be true or pretending like you know nothing so no one can hold you accountable for anything. Town can certainly not give fucks, don't get me wrong, but they also tend to try and find discrepancies as well. Like there's been this huge timegap of you saying you keep on not knowing anything/having light passive reads. You've made some valid posts, don't get me wrong, but like I have to give you a FoS for this, my dude.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

Oh my god I think I know who vig is. The only question is if they're a 1 shot of have more of them...

The town flip we got from lynching serves me nothing yet because he's barely posted and everyone had reason to lynch him...

Now we just have to figure out who out of the two that fitz killed, because that would mean that scum would have had to kill the other person and we can look to who had the most likely motivation to kill that person. I mean, of course, I think it's possible that someone rb'ed fitz and then there were were two vigs but I don't think that this set up allows that? Idk I'm too lazy to open another tab. Honestly, I feel that out of the two of them, fitz killed North.

Now, it's the point of any killing role to kill the person who is the biggest threat to you, ie the most townie person or the person who's the most to push for your lynch. North called him out in and in , fitz was all like "Wtf tone". That's all I got on his thoughts on either player. With not much to go off of, I doubt that fitz would kill someone whom he stated he questioned their town cred and would rather kill the person who called him out as scum.

Now with that, we can assume scum killed tonereader. Now we must find out who had the biggest motivation to kill them and start from there.

Holy shit can I not understand any of their meaning in anything. I would have loved to do some sort of Phoenix Wright type shit, but I maybe could in another post. I'll have to take some time to read into whatever they meant.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 429, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 428, cytheflyguy wrote:Now with that, we can assume scum killed tonereader. Now we must find out who had the biggest motivation to kill them and start from there.
Just a curiosity question and I need to read but you don't think he wouldn't kill tone due to the annoyance factor?
I mean yeah, but like if you're playing mafia, you're not killing people based off of who you like.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 431, davesaz wrote:
In post 427, cytheflyguy wrote:
only
be a townie reaction.
In post 426, CheekyTeeky wrote:
only
be a townie reaction.
*uses the force on dave*

What alignment doesn't give a shit about trying to sort players?
Think about it. What is easier as scum? Making something up even tho you know something else to be true or pretending like you know nothing so no one can hold you accountable for anything. Town can certainly not give fucks, don't get me wrong, but they also tend to try and find discrepancies as well. Like there's been this huge timegap of you saying you keep on not knowing anything/having light passive reads. You've made some valid posts, don't get me wrong, but like I have to give you a FoS for this, my dude.
Maybe you'd like to re-read your D1 and tell us who else didn't give much in the way of reads?
There's a difference doe. It feels like you've kinda gave up? Like I don't see much actual scum hunting. Sure, you can say the same thing about me D1, but this is D2 and I'm trying to find scum here.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 447, davesaz wrote:Hell yeah, Schism is probably scum.
Check out this interaction. I'll spoiler to cut down on the vertical space.
Spoiler: northsidegal/Schism
In post 174, northsidegal wrote:
In post 173, Schism wrote:Excluding IC and Myself:

Dave
Tone
Cy
Fitz
Voyc
Joda
------------------- Lynch Line
North (V/LA, probably safe for D1)
Chip
Elmo
Assemble
Assassin
why is fitz so high on the list? is it really just this?
In post 171, Schism wrote:People that talk about the randomness of RVS tend to be town, I read it as TvT. If anything, Joda would move down a peg if you want to argue its TvS, but right now I have Fitzy in my townreads for it.
why is voyc above joda and above the line? why am i below the line?
In post 176, Schism wrote:Everyone above you I have reads on.

Despite the RVS vote, I still stand with the fact that everyone on Assassin is town. I think the vote may be serious now since it hasn't been changed. My opinion of Joda dropped a little while I was writing up #172, because if you think Fitz/Joda was TvS, you should be looking at Joda first. I still think its TvT but I reserve to change that opinion if my reads on Assassin/Assemble are off.
In post 177, northsidegal wrote:by the way, retracting my meta-read on cy, even if it still leaves him as a slight townlean. he just finished a game as scum that definitely went against what i expected, so i'll have to look out more than i thought.

pedit:
Schism wrote:Everyone above you I have reads on.

Despite the RVS vote, I still stand with the fact that everyone on Assassin is town. I think the vote may be serious now since it hasn't been changed. My opinion of Joda dropped a little while I was writing up #172, because if you think Fitz/Joda was TvS, you should be looking at Joda first. I still think its TvT but I reserve to change that opinion if my reads on Assassin/Assemble are off.
you don't have a read on me but you have a read on voyc?
In post 178, Schism wrote:
northsidegal wrote: Despite the RVS vote, I still stand with the fact that everyone on Assassin is town. I think the vote may be serious now since it hasn't been changed. My opinion of Joda dropped a little while I was writing up #172, because if you think Fitz/Joda was TvS, you should be looking at Joda first. I still think its TvT but I reserve to change that opinion if my reads on Assassin/Assemble are off.
you don't have a read on me but you have a read on voyc?
Chara Town for First Vote, Elmo Scummy for copying, Assassin Scum
Well shit, I see I made another typo...

North, do you notice it?
In post 179, northsidegal wrote:you meant me instead of chara for the first vote?
In post 181, Schism wrote:
Dave
Tone
Cy
Fitz
North (V/LA, probably safe for D1)

Voyc
Joda
------------------- Lynch Line
Chip
Elmo
Assemble
Assassin
Maybe we could move the line to Joda, but right now I want to hear from Assemble/Assassin.

P-Edit: Not really. I think you are thinking too hard about the placement of individual players above the line. I literally spaced you out for some reason. I guess your V/LA made you invisible to me :eek:

Look, I get my reads based off slight reads during and after RVS. It helps me establish reads early so I can focus on targets rather than the entire gamestate. Once we get some kills I can go back and review my reads.
[/spoiler]
I think north caught Schism here and that's what drove the kill selection.
Need to go back to reading Schism's iso to see how the rest of it went.[/quote]
I retract last post as I am now just seeing this.

Will respond directly after I finish reading.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 459, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 428, cytheflyguy wrote:Oh my god I think I know who vig is. The only question is if they're a 1 shot of have more of them...

The town flip we got from lynching serves me nothing yet because he's barely posted and everyone had reason to lynch him...

Now we just have to figure out who out of the two that fitz killed, because that would mean that scum would have had to kill the other person and we can look to who had the most likely motivation to kill that person. I mean, of course, I think it's possible that someone rb'ed fitz and then there were were two vigs but I don't think that this set up allows that? Idk I'm too lazy to open another tab. Honestly, I feel that out of the two of them, fitz killed North.

Now, it's the point of any killing role to kill the person who is the biggest threat to you, ie the most townie person or the person who's the most to push for your lynch. North called him out in and in , fitz was all like "Wtf tone". That's all I got on his thoughts on either player. With not much to go off of, I doubt that fitz would kill someone whom he stated he questioned their town cred and would rather kill the person who called him out as scum.

Now with that, we can assume scum killed tonereader. Now we must find out who had the biggest motivation to kill them and start from there.

Holy shit can I not understand any of their meaning in anything. I would have loved to do some sort of Phoenix Wright type shit, but I maybe could in another post. I'll have to take some time to read into whatever they meant.
I don't like this post. Not only did you reach an odd conclusion, but it feels like you're just talking about nothing.
The point was a set up I wanted to conclude later. I just moved back into my dorm so I'll be able to look more into it tonight/tomorrow. Basically, my line of reasoning is that if I can make a NKA, I can use that to look at interactions and see if anything looks suspicious because of it. If nothing turns up, I'll look at it from the other way, as I'm pretty sure SK killed one of the two. Of course, I'm not basing future reads on NKA, but I want to make a place to start.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 466, Schism wrote:
This may change tomorrow, but for now: Chip > Dave > Joda >>>>>> Cy/Cheeky/Elmo
Is this in order of what you want to lynch? I think it is, but I want to ask you for clarification just to be sure.

Also, I feel that Joda is p towny, but I want to hear what you have to say before I say anything more on the matter.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

Shit I'm not sure how got fucked up, but that wasn't meant as micro text.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #24) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 503, CheekyTeeky wrote:{Almost Chara}
{Sleepless Assassin, Chip Butty}
{Elmo TeH AzN, davesaz}
{cytheflyguy, Schism, Jodaxq}

Ok this is where I'm at. I didn't need to ISO all of you again as when I confirmed Chip as town in my list, it helped me shuffle the rest of you around. I originally had Jodaxq next to SA but something in my gut is screaming she's scum so I'm going with it as my gut is surprisingly accurate, albeit often ignored late game :/ Because I don't believe Jodaxq works with dave I've moved him up a tier and I don't think Schism is scum with Elmo so he moves up a tier too. Cy is kind of easy posting, like dave was, plus the lack of interactions between Schism and Cy bother me

If Jodaxq is town then my SA read drops. I feel like these two are connected in that they do not share an alignment.

Phew! Now I get to keep up in real time :)
I don't like this read on Jodaxq and don't understand how she's at L-2. She's doing a solid job scum hunting. Everything seems town from her.
In post 528, davesaz wrote:I got some time to iso cytheflyguy. I don't see much useful there at all. I'd say it's worth a weak scum read.
In post 428, cytheflyguy wrote: Now with that, we can assume scum killed tonereader. Now we must find out who had the biggest motivation to kill them and start from there.
This is an attempt to divert attention away from the idea of looking at who northsidegal would be a threat to.
Most likely a partner to whomever would be tagged by that analysis.
You're giving me too much credit.
In post 572, CheekyTeeky wrote:@cytheflyguy what are your thoughts on Elmo?

@Elmo TeH AzN what are your thoughts on cytheflyguy?
Will bring that up in a post coming up soon.
In post 575, Jodaxq wrote:Cy is bothering me a lot. His game feels like a straightforward by-the-book scum game. Big, empty, inorganic posts that look townie if you don't look close enough followed by a lot of dead air
That's just a problem with my play style in general. I wanted to join mafia partly so I could get better at making arguments. I'm slightly improving tho, haha.

I'm not trying to make an excuse, but I get this concern a lot in all of my games.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 592, OhGodMyLife wrote:
Sleepless Assassin wrote:I'm not gonna ignore a mislynch that I think scum would have jumped on just because I could be implicated by it. That would be poor scum hunting.
It's your wording in how you did it that set me off, not the fact that you did it.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:What do you think of Schism's assertion that scum avoided the wagon combined with the fact that Schism was on the wagon?
[I was hoping we'd have another post from Schism by now but...] I find that pretty scummy
Sleepless Assassin wrote:Does anyone in particular stand out as scummy for doing that?
Cheeky and Schism both do, to an extent. Moreso Schism, who kind of plus ones Almost Chara when they place the initial Joda vote but waits until Cheeky also votes Joda before jumping on the wagon. Cheeky was a little more natural, with her discussion of Joda coming just before AC made their vote. But the phrase Cheeky uses when she actually votes in ("Joda will be a good lynch for information also") never fails to ping my scumdar. A so-called information lynch is really bad for town when we're possibly one lynch away from being in LyLo. And why does Cheeky need to hedge with the line about lynching for information when in she says "something in my gut is screaming she's scum"?

I'd like to point out the Cy did show up since I posted but managed to ignore me altogether.

VOTE: cytheflyguy

MOD: Votecount Please?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see what you said. I'll read back to catch up.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:16 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

After I finish breakfast, I'm going to read over the game set again to get a clearer understanding of A50's pov before the deadline ends. That being said, being objectively wrong does not equal being scum. Cheeky was wrong in admitting they were a VT unprompted, but because of the fact that it was unprompted confuses me as a reason to lynch them. All it really does is try to avoid being nk'ed. I doubt a vig would vig them, and if they are mafia like you said, then that doesn't make any sense. I could be misreading it, but I just don't see what the fuss is about.

Return to “Completed Open Games”