humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:27 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Hi I never played this setup before. What's the best strategy for town?

Are we really gonna do RVS? It's boring.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:38 am

So it's whoever gets caught piggybacking and not voting certain players lose? Because there are imaginary "blocs" that move against each other. What do you think the scum's first move is?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 am

Tips on how to differentiate VT play, mason play, and scum play? I'm guessing basic tells don't apply here because both key groups will be acting scummy.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 am

It's beneficial for everyone to just fake being a mason, right? The masons would know who aren't masons, VT would draw a scumkill, and scum would have trouble looking for who the masons are.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:46 am

Would it be too early to drink this wine in front of me?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:58 am

In post 22, CommKnight wrote::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

^ This is to everyone talking about faking being a mason. Congrats on making sure scum don't fall for it. Should give yourselves a pat on the back.
?

Do you think it wasn't the obvious choice?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:31 am

Nahh. Not yet.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:32 pm

In post 34, Almost50 wrote:
In post 15, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Tips on how to differentiate VT play, mason play, and scum play? I'm guessing basic tells don't apply here because both key groups will be acting scummy.
Hmmmm....

UNVOTE:
Why did you unvote here?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:21 am

Scumteam Almost50, 2inamil, and rb?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am

Why would masons try to fakeclaim?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:16 am

In post 62, havingfitz wrote:
In post 61, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why would masons try to fakeclaim?
Who suggested that?
I mean why would masons try to counterclaim. Sorry.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:18 am

Isn't the objective to hide the masons because they know each other anyway?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 am

In post 66, havingfitz wrote:
In post 64, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 62, havingfitz wrote:
In post 61, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why would masons try to fakeclaim?
Who suggested that?
I mean why would masons try to counterclaim. Sorry.
If they had reason to think a fakeclaim was coming from scum they might. A 1 for 1 mason v scum claim off would benefit town as long as it's not a lylo situation.
I don't think counterclaiming is needed. If masons all see someone's counterclaim as scummy, they will just wagon that shit.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:43 am

In post 69, havingfitz wrote:
In post 68, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I don't think counterclaiming is needed. If masons all see someone's counterclaim as scummy, they will just wagon that shit.
I'd think that would be some obvious mason tells to scum.
Like counterclaiming mason is any different lmao
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:51 am

In post 71, havingfitz wrote:
In post 70, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 69, havingfitz wrote:
In post 68, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I don't think counterclaiming is needed. If masons all see someone's counterclaim as scummy, they will just wagon that shit.
I'd think that would be some obvious mason tells to scum.
Like counterclaiming mason is any different lmao
That's a 1v1 and outs 1 mason vs "
they
will just wagon that shit" and perhaps out more than one. Lmao
I think there's still the variable of bussing scum and participating vts.

Anyway, the point is, judge according to play instead of claim. This way, masons don't need to counterclaim since they have the benefit of information, VTs don't need to be punished for redirecting scum kill, scum won't always trust a mason claim. The town does not need the information of who is mason or not. They just need the solid read of who is town or not.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:59 am

If the people I read as town unvote, I will. And so should you.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:59 am

However, if I think that the wagon I'm on is town-driven and righteous, why the fuck would I back off?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 am

If a mason claims, he's dead anyway.

I think your POV of this game is coming from a different win-con but I'm not sure yet.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 am

VOTE: havingfitz

I'm probably right.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:51 am

In post 80, havingfitz wrote:
In post 77, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If a mason claims, he's dead anyway.

I think your POV of this game is coming from a different win-con but I'm not sure yet.
hem...

Normally a fake claim would come from scum under duress. A fakemasonclaimingscum might expect to survive unless/until a real mason decided to cc. Which I would argue...a mason should claim for the 1 for 1 exchange of scum and mason which imo results in advantage town.

Enter Gamma's suggestion...VTs should claim mason. This puts the real masons into the quandary of deciding whether a fake claim is from a VT or scum. Masons don't know which it is. They can't discuss amongst themselves because there are no PTs per the mod. Do they cc to get into a 1v1 potentially with a VT? Do they "just wagon that shit" and possibly lynch a VT? All the while helping scum narrow in on them. Under Gamma's suggestion masons should be more likely to not CC and should be LESS likely to "wagon that shit."

How is encouraging VTs to fakeclaim going to help town if it could either result in masons unnecessarily claiming OR provide an umbrella of uncertainty for scum to possibly claim mason and get further in the game?

I see no advantage to encouraging VTs to claim mason (to trick scum into shooting them) when at the same time it opens up the possibility of scum safely fakeclaiming mason to save their ass.

What Gamma's suggestion has also done imo is made a situation where a real mason might feel the need to claim less valid. Under Gamma's suggestion why should town suspect of a player believe a real mason claim?

I'm open to being convinced otherwise but I do not see any value atp in suggesting VTs should fake claim. It's not going to entice scum to shoot said mason claimer (unless scum are idiots) and it only adds fogs up the claim for town.

So please elaborate on how my thought process is off and how my wincon pov is different from yours?
A mason claiming would probably reveal other masons by interaction. I don't think anyone should be claiming anything other than mason.
Town claims mason? Doesn't matter if it could come from town or scum. ANYTHING can come from town or scum. It's the default setting.
Scum claims mason? Who the fuck would he fool except himself? Masons know who masons are.
Town possibly lynching a VT would help scum narrow down on who the masons are? VTs claiming VTs would help scum narrow down anyway.
How is encouraging VTs to fakeclaim going to help town if it could either result in masons unnecessarily claiming OR provide an umbrella of uncertainty for scum to possibly claim mason and get further in the game?
It shouldn't result in masons unnecessarily claiming. And how the fuck does a fakeclaiming scum get further into the game? No he won't.
I'm open to being convinced otherwise but I do not see any value atp in suggesting VTs should fake claim. It's not going to entice scum to shoot said mason claimer (unless scum are idiots) and it only adds fogs up the claim for town.
No! There is no value in masons claiming. They will just be dead. With a fog, maybe they wouldn't.

Again, the town should lynch according to who they believe is town or not — not whoever claims whatever.
So please elaborate on how my thought process is off and how my wincon pov is different from yours?
Because you're preaching that masons should claim when they never should. You are setting it up by using premises that are invalid.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #20) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 am

In post 84, CommKnight wrote:Since you guys don't seem to understand the set-up fully and already fucked one plan completely, let's get this out onto the table.

There are NO night kills. Masons and Mafia cannot talk with each other. They may leave hints in some of their posts that the other members of their team will be more observant of.

We can actually force the mafia's hand. Pick one person to be hammer and pick two people to be at L1. If one or both are scum, they'll be forced to use their daykill attempt or completely risk being lynched without attempting one.

We ensure this method works because anyone who steps outside of two people to put at L1 is immediately lynched the next day, no waiting period, no time for scum to decide to attempt their daykills to kill masons, they get lynched for mishammering.

Any objections?
Almost50 already broke this one. So no.

Also, I'm suspicious about your whiteknighting and condescending tone. It's not organic.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #21) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:55 am

In post 94, MawhrinSkel wrote:I also don't get how fake claiming helps, masons can't CC or they will get killed, so any scum can also fake claim mason and wont be CC so I have no idea what the point of this is.
You got it right. Scum would also fake claim mason anyway to get a CC. The point is nobody should ever claim mason, and that obscuring mason claims are more helpful to town. Everybody should fakeclaim mason at L-1.

If you don't want to be lynched and brought to the point of being lynched, just be town and don't do scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am

In post 99, jzhenson93 wrote:
In post 96, TwoInAMillion wrote:the odds improve as townies are lynched but that's not a winning game plan.
That would also improve the odds of scum shooting a mason.

Honestly, as much as having some kind of algorithm to approaching the game would be helpful, I'm not sure that there are any possible plans that would give us a higher probability of winning other than good old fashioned scumhunting. Taking the guesswork out of the game like that greatly reduces the amount of content in thread to draw reads from, allowing scum to hide behind "following the plan."
Yes. Let's just scumhunt. It would be more helpful to obscure the mason claims. Let's take away the mason part of this game and take advantage of the fact that four members of the town have better reads than most of us.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:11 pm

I'm also suspicious of Gamma Emerald's hovering.

Now here's some reads:

INCLINED TO NOT LYNCH:
rb
MawhrinSkel
jzhenson93

INCLINED TO BE SUSPICIOUS AT:
Almost50

INCLINED TO WAGON:
TwoInAMillion
CommKnight
JunkoChan

INCLINED TO FLASHLYNCH:
havingfitz

NOT EVEN PART OF THE GAME YET
Hongzi
mozamis
wavemode
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Actually, I'm currently brainstorming which default claim should town go for. I think claiming mason would be more alignment indicative for either town or scum, but it would result in town lying and that could fuck up our reads of that person. If everyone was told to claim VT, it has the same fog effect albeit real VTs would not be lying — therefore we can read them better. I was thinking earlier in the perspective that scum claiming masons would spew more bullshit and trap themselves more into the corner. However, it might have the same effect for VTs.

Final suggestion: Everybody should just claim VT instead. No masons should claim. Ever.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:22 pm

In post 112, Hongzi wrote:
In post 90, havingfitz wrote:
Also...odds of picking both scum for the pair are 4/13 * 1/4. I.e. 4/52 OR 1/13. So just under 8% odds.
See I read CommKnight's and I knew there was going to be a multiplicative aspect he had left out.

VOTE: CommKnight
Why do you think is he just not town who fucked up a strategy?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm

In post 113, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
Final suggestion: Everybody should just claim VT instead. No masons should claim. Ever.
I just want to add that anyone who would claim mason = scum — and that we should politely lynch that player. There's no value in masons convincing anyone that they're masons.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (isolation #27) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:11 pm

In post 119, Almost50 wrote:
In post 116, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 113, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I just want to add that anyone who would claim mason = scum — and that we should politely lynch that player. There's no value in masons convincing anyone that they're masons.
I don't like this post. It smells on so many levels. The best interpretation is "Lynch the Masons anyway."

You see, if a someone claims Mason the Masons will know if it's legit. However, chances are they won't be on the wagon to start with, so this is directed at the VTs in an attempt to plant the idea that a claim doesn't mean shit and they should go ahead and lynch anyway.

I will try to explain in details: X is a Mason being wagoned. His fellow Masons are trying to stay off the Wagon. If he gets lynched they're probably screwed, but without them there's a good chance he won't be lynched.

If he is pushed enough and put to L-1 he would claim, and it should convince the VTs to unvote, but he would be shot anyway.

HOWEVER, if X was a VT and claimed a Mason and was unvoted, Scum would be shooting him, and it would backfire on them.
THIS is what humaneatingmonkey is trying to avoid

So, the post actually translates: "Lynch anyway, so we don't have to risk shooting them."

2 Scums down, 2 more to go.
You're wrong tho and I'll tell you why tomorrow.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Ciiiiiirclejeeeeeeeerk.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #29) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:52 am

Stop masturbating with math like probabilities are indicative of anything. Remember the birthday paradox? Just focus on scumhunting jesus.

I'm done with work in a few so I can engage.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #30) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:47 pm

In post 193, Almost50 wrote:I am especially concerned about the "Lynch anyway regardless of the claim" concept, and even more so the response I got for pointing it out. "You're wrong and I'll tel you why tomorrow"? Why tomorrow? Why not on the spot?
What kind of cunt do you need to be to make availability alignment indicative? This guy's reaching.

I didn't even tell anyone to "lynch anyway regardless of the claim." I said no one should be claiming mason. I said there's no value for the masons to do it. So mason claims should be a cause for lynch.

I'm back now. Long wall post followed by small posts and groaning complains of how hyperactive of a player I am.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:44 pm

In the discussion of CommieKnight being a town who fucked up a strategy vs. faking a townslip while simultaneously trying to advocate an anti-town agenda:

I think it's more likely for scum to bend the town than to break it, yeah? Especially this early. Also, Occam's Razor. I find CK's proposal to be more plausible to come from town than scum. But it's in the uncanny valley of WIFOM so it's more null for me.

Okay let's move on. Here are some truths:

1. Masons gets killed when shot. Decreasing our numbers, making it easier to shoot other masons. Not to mention, associative tells exist. It is important for us to conceal the identity of our masons.
2. VTs kills Mafia when shot. This produces a fear for scum to refrain from killing until masons drop some tells.

My solution:
Masons and VTs should both claim VTs, regardless of role.

Why?
1. We need to maximize use of the fear the scum has. If they can't trust VT claims, their margin of error and paranoia will go through the roof.
2. Masons don't need to claim mason. Here is the leading excuse to why masons should claim: counterclaiming. Alright, let's run that scenario. Scum fakeclaims mason. Should masons counterclaim? No. You will die. And probably your friends will die too. Instead, you just

Code: Select all

wagon that shit
. You have 4 guys who knows this cunt is lying. They will produce reads that will reflect this. Hopefully, the existence of masons don't curb the average player's scumhunting skills and fuck it up for everybody. If masons counterclaim, who will confirm that counterclaim? Other masons? Then that's very stupid. They will die too.
3. Masons—VT—whatever. They're both town. Just claim town. The only difference masons have is being more fragile and having better reads than most town. Masons shouldn't rely on claiming for their towniness to be apparent. If the goal is to save themselves, they're fucking that up by claiming won't they?
4. If someone claims mason, then it's almost apparent that it's a scum gambit.
5. VTs shouldn't claim Mason because that would be lying. Lies will make you sketchy and difficult to read as town — causing your lynch. Don't cause your lynch.

Almost50's spin:
In post 119, Almost50 wrote: I don't like this post. It smells on so many levels. The best interpretation is "Lynch the Masons anyway."
Wrong. Didn't say this. You made that spin. And it's based on wrong assumptions anyway.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:You see, if a someone claims Mason the Masons will know if it's legit. However, chances are they won't be on the wagon to start with, so this is directed at the VTs in an attempt to plant the idea that a claim doesn't mean shit and they should go ahead and lynch anyway.
Well, if masons claim to save themselves from the bandwagon, they would have done more damage to their faction. Anyone should just go ahead and lynch a claiming mason because it doesn't make too much of a sense for masons to claim. They should do as much as they can to conceal it up until the flip.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:I will try to explain in details: X is a Mason being wagoned. His fellow Masons are trying to stay off the Wagon. If he gets lynched they're probably screwed, but without them there's a good chance he won't be lynched.
Yes. He'll probably get killed instead. Duh.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:If he is pushed enough and put to L-1 he would claim, and it should convince the VTs to unvote, but he would be shot anyway.
Correct. So you have no point.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:HOWEVER, if X was a VT and claimed a Mason and was unvoted, Scum would be shooting him, and it would backfire on them.
THIS is what humaneatingmonkey is trying to avoid
Wrong. We're already doing this fog of uncertainty and scum paranoia by asking everyone to claim VT instead. And hasty malicious assumption, jesus.
In post 119, Almost50 wrote:So, the post actually translates: "Lynch anyway, so we don't have to risk shooting them."
Shitty translation, brother.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm

VOTE: jzhenson93

I don't like how this guy is approaching this game at all. He's an alt account, right?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #33) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:15 pm

CommKnight town
TwoInAMillion town
MawhrinSkel town
mozamis town
Hongzi town

Almost50 probtown

wavemode null

rb nullscum

JunkoChan* probscum
jzhenson93 probscum
havingfitz probscum
Gamma Emerald probscum

I don't like how JunkoChan started the game.
I don't like how jzhenson93 have reads that are totally inorganic.
I don't like how havingfitz preaches masons claiming like it's inconsequential and without repercussions. Like it's a safe thing to do.
I don't like how Gamma Emerald is delaying to share with the game when he has posts that shows he's reacting organically. I think it's conflicting to what his mindset seems to be. I haven't seen this version Gamma Emerald yet so I'm suspicious about it.

rb is not rb this game.

Almost50 seems honest but sometimes it feels like a facade.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #34) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

In post 192, Almost50 wrote:@Everyone: Am I the only one suspecting HuEMo? I don't understand the TRs on him. I can maybe understand being Null on the slot (as in being confused and being able to decide), but I don't see what he gets TR'd so far. Can anyone help me?
If this is true, then you're not in the same game as everyone else.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Which wagon are we doing? Gamma Emerald looks fruitful because he might start town spewing or spewing bullshit. Everyone else in my probscum list I want to observe a little more first.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 pm

In post 216, jzhenson93 wrote:
In post 213, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: jzhenson93

I don't like how this guy is approaching this game at all. He's an alt account, right?
Popping in tonight to address this, giving things a re-read tomorrow morning to see what comes of it.

I was on mafiascum when I was in high school and, even though I really enjoy playing mafia, I didn't have a mature enough handle on managing my time and ended up chronically replacing out of games.

Now that I'm done with my master's and settling into a more stable schedule, I came back to the site to get back into mafia as a hobby. So I guess you could call me an alt, but there's no main account with sizeable enough experience to really matter.
Okay good night
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #37) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 pm

I also want everyone to towntell as much as they can. If you're mason, don't be afraid of being too town. They won't know the difference.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (isolation #38) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:27 pm

In post 219, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I also want everyone to towntell as much as they can. If you're mason, don't be afraid of being too town. They won't know the difference.
It might also conceal you better because people will have more cause to put you in their townbloc. If apparently you're acting scummy but you're still in the townbloc of some 5 player, that's a major associative tell that will kill your faction. Make it easier for everyone to put you into a townblock without them reaching so goddamn much.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #39) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:48 pm

OH shit L-1 alert
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (isolation #40) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:50 pm

UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald

I'm not comfortable with putting anyone to L-1 this early, and when multiple playas are on V/LA.

VOTE: jhenzon93
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:29 am

In post 225, rb wrote:"rb is not rb this game"

Right, and whose alt are you?
I'm not an alt. We played a game together. Or I replaced out from a game we were both playing together but I was still reading it after.

Meta is a tool, buddy. What can I say? Notice how I'm not even trying to prosecute you for it. Go ahead and play however you like. Come on. I'm just watching. But if you're trying to hide an agenda, that will sure show.

Moving on. On Gamma's replace out sentiment: I hate when people do this. But it's NAI. But notice how he has done nothing AI of town in his ISO yet.
In post 229, JunkoChan wrote:To be honest I got so behind in this thread that Idk where to start (I did read all of it and basicly monkeymonkey took over the leading position while making a enormous amount of readings I agree with this list, (sorry again for inactivity) I had a whole plan around my first few posts but it's too late for that I think the fact that Gamma wasn't hammered yet means that he is either a mason or scum and I'm inclined to believe that he is scum.

I'm willing to join the wagon once you guys feel confortable with ending the day.
Happy birthday, Junko-chan! Why is this the scummiest post in this thread? Please explain your abandoned plan and why you think scum would hammer this soon in the game.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 am

I'm cool. Imagine me as some cheeky loud joker than some hotheaded gorilla. Cunt is a term of endearment.

Reads change. It's not some progression of some sort. I just found jzhenson on my second reading to be quite of a reacher. His observations were not one I would think would come organically from someone who is reading the thread with no info whatsoever. Instead, it came to me that he could be scum trying to look like he's scumhunting but not really having the skill to pull off making them seem like they're coming from town.

Before, I placed him in the not lynching block because I thought "oh wow guy's using logic must be town!" but then I reevaluated that scum would likely use logic to ironclad their attacks and not seem like scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 am

Keep those scum jokes coming, A50. If you flip scum, you'll be pissing your buddies off.

If anyone wants to know, I prefer MONKEY over HEM.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 am

wow so much defensiveness from calling you out on your unusual behavior. i read the whole game, rb. that's good for me. you even admit that it's how people see you. /r/quityourbullshit
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 am

scum often raise very good points. that's not how you play mafia. you should know that.

rb's pushback is meh. will watch him throughout the game.

might not be able to respond until tomorrow.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #46) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Taking it all I have to not lynch Gamma.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:03 am

Scum has no chat.

We need to lynch Gamma. I agree that day timers are irrelevant at this point and that we should take time for reads. But we need to lynch Gamma.

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #48) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:16 am

In post 317, Almost50 wrote:He could have voted either Comm or Monkey, but he opted to start a new wagon on Junko.
Why are you trying to make it seem like I'm a hot lynch option when I never was? I'm not stupid. I've been obvtown the whole game. Your insistence is suspicious.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:26 am

I'm thinking Gamma will flip red.

If it's not Junko-Chan, which it doesn't look like it is if Gamma flips red, we need to take a closer look at wavemode and rb. Possibly A50 with a dash of WIFOM.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 am

Oh, and havingfitz too.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (isolation #51) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:29 am

Everybody needs to vote Gamma now.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #52) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:32 am

We will all gain a lot of reads after Gamma's flip.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #53) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:37 am

If Gamma is town, 2IAM is scum and RB is cleared.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #54) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 am

We're a bunch of multiposting monkeys, huh?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 am

I wonder what they think of us back in Le 'Ol Geriatric Player's Club.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 am

I don't remember either and I just typed that 30 minutes ago. Let me get back to this game after work.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am

A50 is definitely scum. But we should lynch Gamma first to be sure.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:43 am

Are you serious
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am

Look at how you deduced that how Gamma was the kill and then you'll scratch your head as well.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #60) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

To base a strong townread on Gamma in such wild wild speculation, almost crackpot reasoning, and oh my god a lot of assumptions? Occam be razor-happy.

Also, I know you're not a mason. So stop softing it.

P-EDIT:
Like why would Gamma shoot you or me? What's the benefit for him/his team if either of us flipped? Apply the same question to every other slot until you find the likely target(s) from your PoV
Why is this question relevant to why Gamma is automatically VT from a kill we all had no solid clue about?
I don't get how Gamma was a valid lynch when jz was voting him, stayed a valid lynch when a counter wagon formed on jz, and is still a valid lynch after jz flipped Scum! How does that work? What's the use of learning jz was Scum anyway? Why don't we just play this as a flipless game then?
Weren't you here when jz hopped of the wagon?

Also, I think you're better at mafia than I am. What's up with these bad trains of thought? Are you actually scum?

The use of jz flipping was to get associative reads, vote count analysis, and basic scumhunting tools that we all grew up and loved. That's why we're lynching Gamma too. I don't get you.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am

In post 359, Almost50 wrote:I don't get how Gamma was a valid lynch when jz was voting him, stayed a valid lynch when a counter wagon formed on jz, and is still a valid lynch after jz flipped Scum! How does that work? What's the use of learning jz was Scum anyway? Why don't we just play this as a flipless game then?
If anything, you should be suspicious about how jz wasn't voting his counterwagon any more :shifty:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #62) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Why would I shoot Gamma when I could have had him lynched?

Also, more on the should masons claim or should they claim VT:

I would much rather analyze a lynch wagon than a wagon that hasn't been consummated because scum cut it shot by killing the lynch candidate. That means I much rather prefer it if masons don't claim mason.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (isolation #63) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm in full reaction mode meaning I might ignore some posts and react only to some. This is because I just alt-tab every once in a while lol
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (isolation #64) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:39 pm

To be honest there's a whole wall post to make about your Gamma argument but I'm too tired to make it.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (isolation #65) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 pm

I would have switched to Gamma in a heartbeat. Moz was already calling for it. Remember when I said that it was taking it all I have to not lynch Gamma?

Gamma wagon stalled because we were trying to delay a lynch. We wanted more people to weigh in. I thought that was what others had in mind as well.

If you want, make a votecount right now on who wanted to lynch Gamma before jz lmao. Because if we still have enough right now to lynch Gamma, I think we had enough to lynch Gamma right there. I believe the wagon was town-driven, too. So if Gamma was town like you postulate, scum would have joined in too instead of pulling the trigger.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (isolation #66) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm

He got out of that wagon quick as quickly as he can, A50. Your hint was that he wasn't voting his counterwagon Gamma.

P-EDIT:
His reads were bad and I'm looking at him as next lynch whether or not Gamma flips scum.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #67) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 pm

I still think Gamma will flip scum and I'm not abandoning that. Let me just get free time and I'll show you.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (isolation #68) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Respectfully, mate, that was my scum game. And who's to say I can't fight tooth and nail to lynch Gamma, too? I'll get that lynch.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (isolation #69) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I very much doubt I will
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #70) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 am

fitz, look at that VCA again. Jz started hopped off the Gamma wagon. Instead of voting his counterwagon, he started another wagon on Junkochan
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #71) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 am

In post 406, humaneatingmonkey wrote:fitz, look at that VCA again. Jz started hopped off the Gamma wagon. Instead of voting his counterwagon, he started another wagon on Junkochan
Why is this not relevant information? A lot of people miss this when analyzing the Jz-Gamma association.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (isolation #72) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:29 am

I don't think he was too adamant about it like how you paint it to be. Look at his ISO, he was barely pushing for Gamma before moving on to Junko. So the argument would be invalid.

Spoiler: Check the shit out of it, this happened sequentially without anything removed or added
In post 126, jzhenson93 wrote:I find it difficult to get reads from speculating about the strategy. It's essentially a logic puzzle, and while people can be bad at solving a logic puzzle, analyzing it has very little to do with your alignment. Scum can easily join in on that discussion without having to give anything away. I said this before, but I think there are much more interesting discussions to be had.
In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm kinda offput by the amount of pushback Comm is receiving but A50 has some sound reasoning in his most recent post so I'll think on it a bit.
Like with this post. It's so noncommittal, and reads almost like "I want to have a say in this discussion but I'm not sure where it's gonna go so I'll chime in here and wait it out." A scummy take on (as I see it) a fruitless dialogue.

UNVOTE: rb
In post 216, jzhenson93 wrote:
In post 213, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: jzhenson93

Popping in tonight to address this, giving things a re-read tomorrow morning to see what comes of it.

I was on mafiascum when I was in high school and, even though I really enjoy playing mafia, I didn't have a mature enough handle on managing my time and ended up chronically replacing out of games.

Now that I'm done with my master's and settling into a more stable schedule, I came back to the site to get back into mafia as a hobby. So I guess you could call me an alt, but there's no main account with sizeable enough experience to really matter.
In post 277, jzhenson93 wrote:
To be honest I got so behind in this thread that Idk where to start (I did read all of it and basicly monkeymonkey took over the leading position while making a enormous amount of readings I agree with this list, (sorry again for inactivity) I had a whole plan around my first few posts but it's too late for that I think the fact that Gamma wasn't hammered yet means that he is either a mason or scum and I'm inclined to believe that he is scum.

I'm willing to join the wagon once you guys feel confortable with ending the day.
I don't like this at all.

The suspicion referenced in the post you were responding to didn't mention anything about activity at all, but you spend lots of time apologizing for inactivity before addressing the original reason for suspicion. Feels like an attempt to cushion direct responses to criticism with as much sympathetic content as possible.

UNVOTE: Gamma Emerald
VOTE: JunkoChan

The reason I'm popping up on lists of scumreads right now appears to be related to the fact that my reads are being read as "inorganic." My rb vote was not anywhere close to the strongest read I've ever had, but felt more productive than a random vote. Other than that, I'm not sure how to address the claim that my posts are inorganic, except maybe by adding pictures of flowers or something.

I agree that scum would want to shoot instead of waiting for a hammer. That's a new dimension of this setup that I haven't considered. But now that it's out in the open, would it be subject for WIFOM? Gamma's not in danger right now since I haven't had the free time to really push for it. He was in L-1 for only a brief period by me. I want to test that theory.

I wholeheartedly believe that Gamma will flip red here and I don't know why anybody would otherwise.

If you're town, the worst case scenario is that Gamma's flip will open a lot of new reads. Best case is we lynch scum. I think we will.
If you're scum, you ought to be bussing now anyway. Gamma WILL be lynched as long as Moz and I are alive. You bet your ass we will take you down with him.

@TwoInAMillion
@Hongzi
@CommKnight
@MawhrinSkel
@wavemode
@havingfitz

Let's lynch Gamma -right now-.

Be back later with more and wall posts.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (isolation #73) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:50 am

Hi. I'm nursing a hangover.

wavemode is town. Stop talking about wavemode like he isn't town.
Gamma is town, too. So I should stop talking about Gamma like he isn't town. Sorry Gamma.
Even if masons claim now, we still win based on PoE. But masons shouldn't claim.

I can do this VOTE: JunkoChan or Skel whatever.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #74) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 am

If scum isn't in the lynchbaity players like JunkoChan or Skel, it's probably rb and havingfitz.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (isolation #75) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:55 am

Let's massclaim after a mason dies and only 1 scum remains btw.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (isolation #76) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:00 am

I'm now seeing jzhenson's wagon hop as not wanting to be in the same wagon as TIAM when the lynch was about to push through.

I could still be wrong and Gamma could still be scum but I don't think so.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (isolation #77) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:01 am

In post 558, wavemode wrote:Are you forgetting this is nightless? After a massclaim all the masons just instantly die. What's the advantage?
PoE. I trust whoever will be left to sort it out.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (isolation #78) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:02 am

It would be 4 - 1 and associative reads would be clearer. Not even LYLO. I might not be thinking correctly but I think it's a game-winning move anyway.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #79) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:09 am

Actually probably not some of the people that I think are VT are still lynchbaity so let's not.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (isolation #80) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:12 am

wavemode, I don't understand. You're town but your reads are bad. Why?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (isolation #81) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:13 am

In post 453, wavemode wrote:TIAM is a hard one to read, I will admit

One one hand I disagree with or don't understand a lot of the conclusions he draws with little evidence, like in his

On the other hand, I feel like I get that impression in every game I play with TIAM. Sometimes he flips town, sometimes scum

I do consider him a lategame liability in general, so I'm perhaps biased in that regard

Either way, this is the lynch I support atm
This is how wavemode had a wagon.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (isolation #82) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:19 am

In post 286, wavemode wrote:
wavemode

CommKnight

Gamma Emerald

havingfitz

humaneatingmonkey

rb

jzhenson93
MawhrinSkel
JunkoChan

mozamis

Hongzi

TwoInAMillion

Almost50

VOTE: Almost50
I don't understand why you had jzhenson as null when he had AI posts. I also don't understand why you had havingfitz and CommKnight here. What I truly don't understand is why A50 was your strongest scumread and why Mozamis was a lean scum. I am inclined to be suspicious at A50 too since that whiteknight on Gamma was standing on shaky grounds and I am inclined to see it as pocketing. But that's WIFOM shit yo.

Also, I also played DDLC. I literally have Monika as my animated wallpaper.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (isolation #83) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:31 am

I thought Comm was too defensive to be strong town and I'm thinking you would have seen that. I think Comm is strong town NOW after everything.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (isolation #84) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:35 am

Yeah I know that too. But it looked very very calculated tho.

Do you think both Junko and Mawhrin will flip scum? I highly doubt it. Who do you think it is among the good town players? I'm thinking Moz has potential but after revisiting his #164. So rb and havingfitz is my other lynch pool. What do you think about that?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (isolation #85) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:37 am

Goddamnit.

I'm thinking Moz has potential but after revisiting his #164 I don't think he will flip scum ever.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (isolation #86) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:45 am

Kay. Final act.

NOT LYNCHING THE WHOLE GAME
CommKnight
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
Gamma Emerald

CAN LYNCH DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH PARANOIA MY WEED GIVES ME
Almost50

PEOPLE THAT COULD FLIP SCUM BECAUSE I'M DOUBTFUL BOTH MAWHRIN AND JUNKO WILL FLIP SCUM
rb
havingfitz

PEOPLE THAT WE NEED TO LYNCH RIGHT NOW
MawhrinSkel
JunkoChan
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (isolation #87) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:50 am

CAN ALSO LYNCH DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH PARANOIA MY WEED GIVES ME
Gamma Emerald
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (isolation #88) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 am

Are we doing Skel or Junko first? I think Junko would be a good priority.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (isolation #89) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:58 am

Why not? Isn't the point to see if the person would shoot before we hammer?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (isolation #90) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:01 am

Yeah no i already said it was stupid
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (isolation #91) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 am

Why do I feel like Skel will flip town and it's really rb and Junko?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (isolation #92) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:09 am

Can people explain why rb is town?
Can people also explain why Moz would make more sense scum than town?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #93) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:21 am

I kinda want to die so I can ask them who they were shooting lmao
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (isolation #94) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:38 am

Checks out.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (isolation #95) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:51 am

Why are we still talking like this? Haven't we narrowed our PoE to a few select?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (isolation #96) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:59 am

In post 611, Gamma Emerald wrote:That's not obvtown. But it is an explanation, so I'll stop riding you so hard.
This is a SFW only site please Gamma
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (isolation #97) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:18 am

VOTE: Gamma Emerald Pervert
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #98) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 am

Please wagon Gamma for being a pervert
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (isolation #99) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:29 am

In post 617, Gamma Emerald wrote:HEM stop being an idiot
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (isolation #100) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 am

VOTE: JunkoChan
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (isolation #101) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:42 am

lel
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (isolation #102) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am

what?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #103) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am

let me take a look at it
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (isolation #104) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:07 am

okay VOTE: havingfitz
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (isolation #105) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:08 am

In post 639, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 575, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
PEOPLE THAT COULD FLIP SCUM BECAUSE
I'M DOUBTFUL BOTH MAWHRIN AND JUNKO WILL FLIP SCUM

rb
havingfitz

PEOPLE THAT WE NEED TO LYNCH RIGHT NOW
MawhrinSkel
JunkoChan
In post 632, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: JunkoChan
I'm doubtful but I still want to know
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (isolation #106) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 am

i don't think it's rb anymore after reading his iso
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (isolation #107) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:19 am

I'm not too comfortable with my reads anymore. I'll hammer any wagon that forms. It could be havingfitz or Gamma but I don't know. Jzhenson's vote switch implicates that there's at least one scum in JunkoChan and Gamma but I'm not sure if we should speculate too much on jzhenson's vote patterns. Help me guys.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (isolation #108) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:51 am

I don't know what to make of Moz assuming Mawhrin will flip scum and using that to up his credibility even before Mawhrin flipped.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (isolation #109) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:53 am

In post 623, mozamis wrote:
In post 591, CommKnight wrote:If this flips red, final scum is Moz I believe.
i have had said Gamma, Jenzsen, Million and Mewhrskel have been the scum team for the whole game. Appreciate the complimet that you think i have got the scum game to BUS ALL OF MY TEAM MATES but no.
Plus i have been pushing the game along for quite a lot of it. Dont understand your read at all.
Anyway, doesnt matter, lynch Gamma, game over.
In post 625, mozamis wrote:
In post 556, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If scum isn't in the lynchbaity players like JunkoChan or Skel, it's probably rb and havingfitz.
agree,if i'm worng about gamma and mewhr, then fitz could be worth a look. he has been very vague.
nvm he did say he could be wrong about skel
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (isolation #110) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:00 am

let's lynch fitz and see what happens. I'm skeptical how easy it was for scum to be found so I definitely think some bussing was involved.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (isolation #111) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 am

In post 651, Almost50 wrote:How about a little side competition? Like, we could all PM the mod with who we thing the Scum shot and we can find out post-game who was more accurate. I'll go send my own predictions now. Anyone want to play with me?
G
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (isolation #112) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:17 am

Sent
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #113) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am

VOTE: fitz
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (isolation #114) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 am

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT JZHENSON SHOOTING ME HAHAHAHA SUCK IT A50
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (isolation #115) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45 am

DEAD THREAD PLS
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (isolation #116) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 am

In post 676, JunkoChan wrote:This was my scummiest game ever.
Yes what the fuck
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (isolation #117) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 am

In post 681, JunkoChan wrote:It had to be done mate, it would have been too obvious if we all made walls of text and I doubt anyone ever thought I was mason
My mason team was CommKnight, Moz, wavemode, and rb
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (isolation #118) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:51 am

I've been softing mason so hard that I was afraid masons will come after me. I was even planning to fakeclaim mason even though I was saying that everyone should claim VT. All mason talk was bait.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (isolation #119) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 am

In post 683, Almost50 wrote:
In post 674, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I WAS RIGHT ABOUT JZHENSON SHOOTING ME HAHAHAHA SUCK IT A50
LOL. OK, you won that one, but I bet you didn't submit rb as the 2nd shot.
Stalemate then
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (isolation #120) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:57 am

I thought A50 was VT because you unvoted me after I softed mason
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (isolation #121) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 am

JunkoChan was such an ML bait even I would hit that
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (isolation #122) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:00 am

In post 700, CommKnight wrote:
In post 177, CommKnight wrote:
In post 162, Hongzi wrote: but I did remember that probabilities are multiplicative in sequence. The probability of me drawing the Ace of Spades from a standard card deck and then the Four of Clubs is (1/52) * (1/52), not (2/52).
M
hmm... welll... probability for dice works that way (1/6) * (1/6), but cards are different. Assuming you put the card aside/bottom/anything but reshuffle the deck. It's (1/52) * (1/51) Which is how probability will work in this game. Right now, hitting randomly has a 4/13 chance of hitting scum. Masons have a 4/9 chance of hitting scum. As the game goes on, the numerator only decreases with each scum lynch, while the denominator decreases with every lynch because there's 1 less player each time.

A
s for a reference, if I'm trying to draw any Spades from a deck of cards, I'll have a 13/52 chance of drawing one. If I fail on the first draw I'll have 13/51 and if I succeed on the next, I'll have 12/50.
In post 182, CommKnight wrote:
S
o we have 13 players currently with 4 scum, 4 masons, 5 VTs.

O
nto my reads thus far:

N
ot Lynching/TownLeans: <Hongzi, humaneatingmonkey, havingfitz, mozamis>
Neutral: <Almost50, rb, Gamma Emerald, wavemode>
Null-Scum: <MawhrinSkel, JunkoChan, jzhenson93>
Scum: <TwoInAMiilion,
^ My little "Mason" soft to try to draw a scum kill attempt. XD
lmao!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (isolation #123) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:02 am

In post 695, Alisaes French Maid wrote:I was pretty impressed by how coordinated the town was this game.
Nice job!
Yeah town really did a good ass job here
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (isolation #124) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:11 am

This is the shortest game I played that isn't Shut Up and Vote.

Anyone up for a next game?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #125) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 am

In post 709, CommKnight wrote:
In post 708, humaneatingmonkey wrote:This is the shortest game I played that isn't Shut Up and Vote.

Anyone up for a next game?
Should join my game in the mini theme queue, we're like 5-6 people away from filled. :)
Socrates?
Hongzi wrote:I'd be in for yet another Monkey game.
Awwwwww <3
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (isolation #126) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am

I'm too pussy to play bastard games. I kinda like gamesolving and not be at the mercy of plot twists lmao
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (isolation #127) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

Hongzi, I'll sheep you this time. Tell me where you'll sign up and I'll go.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (isolation #128) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

Nah let's stick with Battle of the Bands. I kinda feel like this game will fuck me up.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (isolation #129) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:00 pm

It's cool for me to take a backseat now. Maybe it's time for another newbie game or something.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (isolation #130) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Nvm I'm joining Godel's game instead
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (isolation #131) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:23 pm

The scum was the real town MVP in this game tbh. That Gamma Emerald divide would have lengthened the game for another 2 weeks if 2iam didn't misfire.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (isolation #132) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 pm

hey man. we wouldn't have done it without town this productive.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #750 (isolation #133) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:56 am

Lmao the game ended before he can leave V/LA

Return to “Completed Open Games”