Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Hongzi »

In post 90, havingfitz wrote:
Also...odds of picking both scum for the pair are 4/13 * 1/4. I.e. 4/52 OR 1/13. So just under 8% odds.
See I read CommKnight's and I knew there was going to be a multiplicative aspect he had left out.

VOTE: CommKnight
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Hongzi »

Fuck, I really meant TwoInAMillion when I said CommKnight.

unvote

gonna look rq at Twoey's ISO because that math was erratic
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by Hongzi »

In post 133, TwoInAMillion wrote: Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
What did wavemode do to warrant this? Me I could understand but there's nothing to back this up.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 148, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 140, Hongzi wrote:
In post 133, TwoInAMillion wrote: Null-scum
mozamis
wavemode
Hongzi
What did wavemode do to warrant this? Me I could understand but there's nothing to back this up.
I get suspicious of people who don't post, especially considering I've played with him in other games where he is more active.
I don't buy that.

VOTE: TwoInAMillion
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:50 am

Post by Hongzi »

Almost50 and Monkey have similar posting styles – inflammatory, can be spurious, fun to read. I am endeared to both and I find myself townreading his analysis.

CommKnight’s doublewagon plan is bupkis, but TIAM’s probability analysis was also bupkis. Statistics isn’t my thing (I’m more of a calculus and trigonometry fella) but I did remember that probabilities are multiplicative in sequence. The probability of me drawing the Ace of Spades from a standard card deck and then the Four of Clubs is (1/52) * (1/52), not (2/52). In A50 references Comm’s decisiveness and confidence. That’s a good catch. CommKnight has a line of LAMIST resignation. It’s not even past 50% of the required votes for a lynch and yet some frustration bristles to the surface.

I can’t and won’t scumread CommKnight, however, for gaps in posting. I have two jobs, one during the day and one at night so sometimes playtime is a stretch for me. That being said, I do have my Annual Christmas Vacation coming up, in which I have NEITHER job for a really good swath of time so my available hours to read and think are gonna ramp up wildly.

Twoey, I can agree with you that as a maxim, being suspicious of less posting players is beneficial, but I think with exams coming up, a scumread on wavemode when they were forthright about V/LA is unnuanced thinking.

I haven’t seen Monkey monkey with the game yet, which is good for everybody. Seems like Monkey’s townplay from the last game we played together (my first game, TownHongzi town win despite my tunnel).

rb barks like town, Gamma Emerald barks up the wrong trees just saying stuff that any alignment could say. Could be a mafioso wearing a townie cloak. I don’t like their posting about spitballing ideas. The tone in that one doesn’t sit well with me. I weigh most of my words heavily, so just throwing stuff out there and dismissing it later with little resistance seems like scum fluttering to me.

Jzhenson has sound logic – how do other plays feel about algorithmic vs. “conventional” scumhunting?

I disagree philosophically with mozamis' ; I feel like the true answer is somewhere in the middle. But, he says it with conviction and I can respect that.

I'm gonna be working later this afternoon, but I'll be back and I might even be intersect if the produce section isn't too busy today. Don't tell my boss.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Hongzi »

I'm about it.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Hongzi »

In post 185, Almost50 wrote:@Everyone voting Gamma:
I felt his "I want to replace out" bit was sincere and that he was really confused and frustrated as he couldn't form reads. Would it not have been more convenient for Scum!Gamma to fake some reads or something, rather than expressing his frustration in the manner he did?
Maybe scum!Gamma would take a more subtle route; I've never played a game with them but between 17k posts (good gravy, btw) and more than a few games under their belt, one would think they'd be more careful with the frustration posts as scum. Then again, there's a bit of evidence that suggests Gamma's merely skimmed the thread in light of the wagon on 'em running up.

If not Gamma, jzhenson looks scummy after reading mozamis' posts about em, with CommKnight looking to me like it comes from a town place and moving him up the read list away from lynching.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 233, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Hongzi, 2iam, jzhenson:
why are you voting me?
I made a scumread on you and voted my strongest scumread. Why do you keep insinuating that I have no rationale for my vote?
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 194, Gamma Emerald wrote: I was saying I suspected someone without telling them I suspected them specifically. I was referring to Hongzi going softball on TIAM. I'm also not a fan of him just voting me without precedent.
In post 249, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 248, Hongzi wrote:
In post 233, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Hongzi, 2iam, jzhenson:
why are you voting me?
I made a scumread on you and voted my strongest scumread. Why do you keep insinuating that I have no rationale for my vote?
I'm not, it's just I think I know why everyone else did and I want to know your reason. And why isn't 2iam stronger?
Naw you're right you're not insinuating you are blatantly stating I have no rationale.

Listen if your "scumfuck sense" was tingling about me then why did you maintain your vote on A50? Other than the "surface-level play" accusation.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:02 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 162, Hongzi wrote: Gamma Emerald barks up the wrong trees just saying stuff that any alignment could say. Could be a mafioso wearing a townie cloak. I don’t like their posting about spitballing ideas. The tone in that one doesn’t sit well with me. I weigh most of my words heavily, so just throwing stuff out there and dismissing it later with little resistance seems like scum fluttering to me.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Hongzi »

So, your continued assertion that I had no rationale is a contradiction. Other players had doubts about your claims of erratic posting, doubts which you never addressed and yet you continue to defend reasoning you have since abandoned.

Let's presuppose that you are town and this is a misguided wagon. Who's the scum in it? Work with the town, not bristle against everything in the town.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:28 am

Post by Hongzi »

Wow, a context-free read list defended by circular truisms.

What a sterling game contribution!
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 am

Post by Hongzi »

Now that I’ve spat my venom this Monday morning, time for some thoughts.

A50 is in the lead for town for gamesolving followed by Monkey and Mozamis. I don't see much that is suspicious in either of their posts, and the only suspicion I could see arising is that they're "too Town".

Leaning town on havingfitz and rb; rb's meta frustration seems legitimate and not synthetic to me. Contrast this to jzhenson, who garbs his words in the stiffness of academia.

I was scumreading Gamma and those thoughts have only quieted down for now. Could always lynch him later. Contrast Gamma's play, which is confrontational, with jzhenson who spoke generally about scumreads against them with a naked quote from JunkoChan at the top. Seems like he's intentionally avoiding naming anyone to not attract attention. Let's call this read Null. Null along with JunkoChan, who had least had some conviction with the PL suggestion earlier.

CommKnight has pinged me as scummy twice now; appealing to A50 directly is a bit of a false dilemma. Also, this:
In post 282, CommKnight wrote: Also I'm kinda up for lynching any new players.
Apropos of nothing? It WOULD make sense to justify this if your reads had focused on players you're familiar with, but you'd only interacted with A50 and Gamma at that point. This speaks of opportunism to me, but I welcome the thoughts of others' on this point.

Obviously I'm not a fan of wavemode's shoed-in midnight reads list that he refused to justify to Gamma that goes counter to my own. So either we're both town and wrong, or wavemode knew he had to come up with
something
and there it was.

I DON'T know where to sort TwoInAMillion even after ISO. Those last two posts even in the context are just weird and out of place. Who were you addressing
specifically
?

I'm ok lynching jzhenson in light of the valid critique of . Would a masters-degree holder misunderstand rb's reasoning when it's straightforward like that? I once had a sociology professor whose syllabus looked like it had lost a fight with a blender, spelling, grammar, and format-wise but the points she made were still good. Between that and the blanket denial of scumreads, it's not looking good for me.

A list, in order:

Town:
Almost50
humaneatingmonkey
Mozamis

Town Lean:
havingfitz
rb

Null:
Gamma Emerald
JunkoChan
TwoInAMillion

Scum Lean:
CommKnight
wavemode

Scum:
jzhenson

VOTE: jzhenson93
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Hongzi »

VOTE: wavemode

this is who we should lynch

Gamma's flip would be informative and would confirm some of the WIFOM coming from A50. I'm not saying A50 is wrong either, but there are certain assumptions that need to be made for the scenario to resolve. Scummy play though? wavemode. If wavemode flips red, 2IAM for sure.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 415, havingfitz wrote:
In post 412, Hongzi wrote:VOTE: wavemode

Hey why is wavemode scummy?
Bullshit read list that flips the game state on its head. Unwillingness to share thought process with others beyond circular reasoning. Distanced himself from jz in his read list, then tried to establish some towncred by calling him a bonehead. Now, I think he's voting his partner. No change in why A50, the obvtown even when he scumread him, changed.

As for indignation:
In post 414, wavemode wrote:
In post 412, Hongzi wrote:VOTE: wavemode

Gamma's flip would be informative and would confirm some of the WIFOM coming from A50. I'm not saying A50 is wrong either, but there are certain assumptions that need to be made for the scenario to resolve. Scummy play though? wavemode. If wavemode flips red, 2IAM for sure.
See, this is funny

Because if someone asks you, hey why is wavemode scummy

You will also have no real answer

Instead you will get indignant and spout a bunch of things are are completely NAI
I'll keep letting you demonstrate that to the class. ;)
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 418, wavemode wrote:
In post 416, Hongzi wrote:Bullshit read list that flips the game state on its head. Unwillingness to share thought process with others beyond circular reasoning. Distanced himself from jz in his read list, then tried to establish some towncred by calling him a bonehead. Now, I think he's voting his partner.
My prediction was incorrect

These aren't things that are NAI, they're just false statements

Well ok then
If I'm spitting out such egregiously false stuff, vote for me. All of my analysis is rooted in posts you made and a read of your ISO is all anybody needs to confirm it. You seem deeply unwilling to work with even someone YOU townread.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 420, wavemode wrote:or on me simply not being as active as other players
Which part of my read on you
specifically
references your activity level
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Hongzi »

Spoiler: wall
In post 416, Hongzi wrote: Bullshit read list that flips the game state on its head.
In post 286, wavemode wrote:
wavemode

CommKnight

Gamma Emerald

havingfitz

humaneatingmonkey

rb

jzhenson93
MawhrinSkel
JunkoChan

mozamis

Hongzi

TwoInAMillion

Almost50

VOTE: Almost50
Sure, you voted your strongest scumread, but having A50 at the bottom made no sense then.
Unwillingness to share thought process with others beyond circular reasoning.
In post 290, wavemode wrote:I townread the green people because they've been acting towny

I scumread the red people because they're been acting scummy

I nullread the grey people for lack of AI content

If you want more specifics maybe I'll wallpost tomorrow when I'm actually awake
The specifics never came. Not many specifics on anything, either.
Distanced himself from jz in his read list, then tried to establish some towncred by calling him a bonehead.
Maybe wavemode's bonehead post was some crumbs for his teammates.
Now, I think he's voting his partner.
MAYBE I'm wrong about this one.
No change in why A50, the obvtown even when he scumread him, changed.
Still no explanation on this, but apparently you've rolled that back too with . Also, my grammar sucks sometimes posting from the phone in Costco.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Hongzi »

In post 472, wavemode wrote:
In post 471, Hongzi wrote:The specifics never came. Not many specifics on anything, either.
Conveniently leaving out the part where between that readslist and the point when I'd have time to write a (frankly, pointless imo) wallpost about it to satisfy Gamma, a scum flipped and the reads became invalid anyway
why would it be convenient -- do you think I am scum?
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by Hongzi »

who's the scum on your wagon then

you said it was full so who is it full of
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 531, wavemode wrote:I'd only remotely consider Gamma if Maw flipped town

And that's only because the game is starting to PoE down
This seems legit to me

VOTE: MawhrinSkel
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Hongzi »

VOTE: havingfitz
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Hongzi »

My mason strategy was "don't talk about it ever."

Shout outs to A50 for the mason team distance
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Hongzi »

I'd be in for yet another Monkey game.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Hongzi »

In post 709, CommKnight wrote:
In post 708, humaneatingmonkey wrote:This is the shortest game I played that isn't Shut Up and Vote.

Anyone up for a next game?
Should join my game in the mini theme queue, we're like 5-6 people away from filled. :)
Is that still Battle of the Bands?
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Hongzi »

I've got the required experience to play that now, no bastard experience though.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Hongzi »

I signed up for Battle but pick out a game you want to play and I'll sign up for that too!
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Hongzi »

I hope that shakes out, I'd love to see A50 and Monkey in a bastard game.
Hongzi
Hongzi
Goon
Hongzi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Hongzi »

I had to fight an implicit TOWN bias against MawhrinSkel even after I voted. I kept saying to myself, "Hongzi, you read Godel's last Newbie game. He couldn't have such bad luck as to have rolled scum twice in a row, right? Right?"

But when 2iam flipped I was willing to sheep wavemode despite my own anxieties about your alignment.

Return to “Completed Open Games”