MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 5, rb wrote:Because i dont wanna have to try and mentally pronounce that name to myself all game
Blame Godel.
Btw in case Godel didn't make this public before-hand, this is a teaching hydra. I'm here to help Godel, so this is like 95% a Godel-game.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 49, Almost50 wrote:
In post 47, MawhrinSkel wrote:
In post 5, rb wrote:Because i dont wanna have to try and mentally pronounce that name to myself all game
Blame Godel.
Btw in case Godel didn't make this public before-hand, this is a teaching hydra. I'm here to help Godel, so this is like 95% a Godel-game.
And you are ...???
Usami. (I should actually make that an alt because I might be able to roleplay as her.)

I won't be posting past this point in-thread; everything will be kept to the teaching PT I made for us. Our conditions for hydraing were that we'd work around my extreme lack of free time. I'll be reading Godel's posts and some surrounding content, to give Godel some direction, but I won't be SHARING any scumhunting I do with Godel. (Although I reserve the right to hint at things I've picked up on.)
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Post by MawhrinSkel »

also checking in here

VOTE: humaneatingmonkey, cus monkeys are cute and should not be eaten

-G
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

I don't get the plan, if we just pick 2 random people aren't the odds against us?
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:25 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

I also don't get how fake claiming helps, masons can't CC or they will get killed, so any scum can also fake claim mason and wont be CC so I have no idea what the point of this is.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

@almost50 while I agree it was a stupid plan wouldn't the goons know that they aren't 1 shot from their role PM, and thus wouldn't make such a statement to me this makes me more likely to think comm is a townie
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by MawhrinSkel »

Prodge, sorry guys, I was working all weekend unexpectedly(a friend has an events planning company and one of their guys had a lung infection and canceled last minute so I helped out for the weekend). Will read up and post more when I get home, its a bit of a pain on my phone.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

here now catching up posting soon sorry for the delay
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:50 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

I just now caught up with the thread and I want to think about it and sleep on it since it was about 10 pages of content I am digesting.

Some initial thoughts, while we can't let the game stall I don't think we necessarily need to rush to a lynch, since there is no night phase and no plurality lynch we can just wait for the day to end and then just revote and it will be like nothing happened. At some point we do have to lynch someone or else the game stalls but I don't think we need to rush or let some arbitrary time limit dictated when we need to lynch someone(sorry mod)

@mod I will be v/la from 23 dec to 1 jan, visiting family, should still be able to get on and post(may even have more time than I do now, hate the pre holiday stress)

PEDIT was just about to hit submit when the thread was locked and I for sure need to think about this. Though will be around for about another 30 min if anyone wants to ask me anything.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 313, mozamis wrote:
In post 309, MawhrinSkel wrote:I just now caught up with the thread and I want to think about it and sleep on it since it was about 10 pages of content I am digesting.

Some initial thoughts, while we can't let the game stall I don't think we necessarily need to rush to a lynch, since there is no night phase and no plurality lynch we can just wait for the day to end and then just revote and it will be like nothing happened. At some point we do have to lynch someone or else the game stalls but I don't think we need to rush or let some arbitrary time limit dictated when we need to lynch someone(sorry mod)

@mod I will be v/la from 23 dec to 1 jan, visiting family, should still be able to get on and post(may even have more time than I do now, hate the pre holiday stress)

PEDIT was just about to hit submit when the thread was locked and I for sure need to think about this. Though will be around for about another 30 min if anyone wants to ask me anything.
THIS is your catch up post?! Lol - no reads, opinions, analysis. Just "no rush to a lynch".
Happy to lynch this if people dont want Gamma.
Read the first sentence again, I think I quite clearly stated there why this post isn't full of content, I like to sleep on it especially if we don't have any time limits hence the "no rush to lynch comment". I have been gone for about 10 pages worth of content which is like a /23 of the game content and for me it is a lot to take in.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:24 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

my vote was an RVS one not sure how valid of a wagon that really was.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 417, CommKnight wrote:VOTE: MawhinSkel

1.) Gamma isn't being lynched today, suck it up.
2.) We already have information without flipping him. Pushing for his flip seems to be you wanting to know if he's VT or Mason.
3.) Skel and Junko are more informational at this point.
How? I haven't posted crap this game?(that is for point 3). Why do you think gama is town? Just cus he was at l-1? please elborate.
In post 338, Almost50 wrote:
In post 322, MawhrinSkel wrote:my vote was an RVS one not sure how valid of a wagon that really was.
I need more from you too, Godel. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. We all did (and still do). It's how you learn to play, my friend.
I won't just post for the sake of posting, I did it in our last shared game and you know how that turned out.
In post 161, mozamis wrote:
In post 47, MawhrinSkel wrote:
Blame Godel.

thanks fo rhte info without analysis. My first serious vote:
VOTE: mawhrinskel
Why?
In post 443, Almost50 wrote:I'll also argue for Gamma again! If he felt he was the day lynch anyway before jz unvoted him, wouldn't he have tried to shoot someone before he went down?? How does it make sense that jz shoots when he only had 3 votes on him and Gamma doesn't when he had 5 (got to 6 even, but only for a few minutes so maybe he wasn't online to see it).
Bad reasoning, would you claim before someone posted intent to hammer you? I don't think scum would shoot someone without an intent to hammer.

I don't see the benefit in speculating on who was targetted, we can't be sure of it so we won't gain a conf town from it, the only thing I see it doing is doing the legwork for the scum since they now have a fair warning before they target players.

Almost50 - actively pushes people, scum hunts, tries to lure out lurkers, to me it seems similar to his playstyle in donner party where he was town.
mozamis - like his line of questioning and I can follow his logic
Hongzi - does scum hunting and follows through, can mainly follow his process
TwoInAMillion - bunch of stupid strategy discussion, comments on happenings but doesn't ask a lot of questions, getting a small town vibe though
humaneatingmonkey - mixed feelings I like a lot of his posts, but then every now and again he says something the just seems so off. like
wavemode - posted odd read list with stupid reasoning made some posts i like, dislike his last post
CommKnight - don't like the strategy, don't like some his posts, there is some scum hunting though to counter act that.
havingfitz - hasn't posted a lot, little scum hunting some posts rub me the wrong way.
rb - slight scum lean, like some posts dislike others.
JunkoChan - sucks, bad strategy, hops on the wagon with weak reasoning, lost os spammy useless posts, posts votecount and tries to look useful
Gamma Emerald - sucks, bad strategy. Seems like very little scum hunting, defense was odd.

and with that I am off to bed.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (isolation #12) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

I am not seeing the same pattern

me:
A50
moz
Hongzi
2iam
moneky
wave
comm
fitz
rb
junko
gamma

monkey
moz
gamma
2iam
rb
fitz
wave
hongzi
comm
junko

if anything there may be a weak correlation but if we accept weak correlations as facts then if you eat a lot of chocolate you will get a Nobel prize(this is a joke ofc)
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

i also would have shot hem, though i would have hit a50 and moz first

good game town, congrats

Alisaes French Maid thanks for modding
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:47 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 675, humaneatingmonkey wrote:DEAD THREAD PLS
it is empty pretty much
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

@a50 not sure how closely my other head was following this game, limited time and all
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #684 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:49 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 4, Alisaes French Maid wrote:
Guesses go here

Humaneatingmonkey
jzhenson = humaneatingmonkey
twoinamillion = almost50

Almost50
Scum shot Gamma & rb. respectively. :P

JunkoChan
shots speculation
Jzhenson > commknight
Twoinamillion > humaneatingmonkey

CommKnight
My guess? Scum shot Gamma and either myself or A50.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

whoops, that is from the dead thread

sucks that this game is over now that my holidays started
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #706 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:04 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 693, Almost50 wrote:I also would like to thank my fellow Masons for letting me do my stunt at the start of the game. I bet you guys were like "what the freak is he doing?" and then wish that there was a Masons PT to reprimand me for my play.

I dunno about Godel saying he would've shot me. I bet almost everyone else thought I was a VT, apart from my fellow Masons of course.
pretty much gut feeling, same with my other 2 shots, I have had almost no time read for a bit more than a week, I still haven't read all the posts that led up to my lynch, going to catch up on them tomorrow, you guys posted a lot. When I posted my read list I listed the players I thought where mason at the top in hopes that maybe fitz or 2iam will catch on to it if I ever have to shot. But i changed my mind about hongzi later, and thought monkey was more masony
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #710 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 708, humaneatingmonkey wrote:This is the shortest game I played that isn't Shut Up and Vote.

Anyone up for a next game?
Shameless plug too or my mini normal, first time modding on this site, also 5 or 6 players away from it filling
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

In post 718, JunkoChan wrote:Where is the signup @CommKnight?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66263&start=4075
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #742 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

Sorry fitz I live in europe, and since i have today and tomorrow off yesterday was quite a busy day for me, the wagon happened to quickly and i never had a chance to submit a kill even if I would have been allowed. I also wondered why our 2 friends shot so early.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:18 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

yeah, it was bad luck. I don't like being scum, so that sucked big time for me. That newbie game also sucked as scum, since I got pretty screwed over with the fake claim, and this game I also think 2iam flip sealed my fate. I also think I should have dropped a bit more of a hint with my mason suspects than just listing them at the top of my read list and separating them with someone confirmed scum. Was a good learning experience though :)
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #748 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:47 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

true probably a lot more helpful then but I was hoping that it could also help you and 2iam if you were ever close to getting lynched to maybe see if someone else also shared the mason read on the potential target, like confirmation of your suspicion.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #751 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:59 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

well I am on vacation now and at home leaving on saturday just have the 2 days off today to do end of the year paperwork crap(or procrastinating doing it)

Return to “Completed Open Games”