Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.02mutantdevle (3) - Elmo TeH AzN, Mathdino, Maxous
havingfitz (2) - Almost50, Chip Butty
Maxous (2) - Lalendra, Sauce
Not_Mafia (1) - Bins
Sauce (1) - Not_Mafia

Not Voting (3) - Raya36, havingfitz, mutantdevle

With 12 votes, it will take 7 to reach majority.

The deadline is Thursday, January 4, 2018, at 8:00 AM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2018-01-04 08:00:00).
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 28, Mathdino wrote:
In post 27, Lalendra wrote:Why did you choose to vote Elmo, who you have as null, instead of Mutant, who appears to be your strongest scumread (given that you acknowledge your read on Bins could change)?
Because I'm more interested in sorting Elmo than I am in OMGUS voting/1v1ing a guy, when that scumread could just be me being irrational. Elmo is null because one post reads town and one post reads scum. I wanna flesh that shit out more.
I like this response. Feeling pretty good about your slot atm, don't muck it up. (Unless you're scum, in which case muck away)
In post 45, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 44, Maxous wrote:Maybe 'trying a bit too hard to be jokey'?

idk, still kinda rubbed me the wrong way
I mean, I could rub you the other way if you want me to?
ew lol
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 am

Post by havingfitz »

Lalendra feels town to me. Math probably as well.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:33 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 34, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 25, havingfitz wrote:
In post 23, Mathdino wrote:I'm more discouraging policy lynches
Are you in a lot of games where policy lynches are going on? Was there a reason you thought there might be one in this game? I can remember the last time I was in a game with a policy lynch.

Would Not_Mafia lolhammer someone he wasn't scum-reading?

UNVOTE:
What does this line of enquiry have to do with scum hunting? Are you just trying to look busy?

VOTE: HavingFitz
You could be a little busier. :roll:

I've never been in a game where someone was worried about policy lynches right from the start. It struck me as odd and I wanted more detail. More oddness in the response could lead to finding scum. Aka scumhunting. How is that not obvious to you?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Sauce »

Oh. I thought it didn't have anything to do with scumhunting, and found it odd for him to ask what it did, and vote like based on that.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:40 am

Post by Raya36 »

Early townreads on Math and Chip
In post 31, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Because you post walls a ton of them. But that's merely opinion.

So you vote me because of a null read.

So why your vote on me and not mafia who is unreadable is that for the whole game or just at the start?
Don't like this responce to being voted.
In post 52, havingfitz wrote:Lalendra feels town to me. Math probably as well.
What about Lalendra feels town to you? I have her as null.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Bins »

Not feeling mutant scum.
Math is probably not scum as well considering the stubbornness. I find it funny because my RVS votes in games with N_M are pretty consistent.

VOTE: Elmo
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Breath of the Wild
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 53, havingfitz wrote:I've never been in a game where someone was worried about policy lynches right from the start. It struck me as odd and I wanted more detail. More oddness in the response could lead to finding scum. Aka scumhunting. How is that not obvious to you?
This is a good answer.

Also I just got some good nostalgia reading over all the times I've suggested policy lynching annoying players. :lol:
In post 55, Raya36 wrote:
In post 31, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:So you vote me because of a null read.

So why your vote on me and not mafia who is unreadable is that for the whole game or just at the start?
Don't like this responce to being voted.
I like you but all your reads except me are backwards. What about the response is weird?
In post 56, Bins wrote:Not feeling mutant scum.
Math is probably not scum as well considering the stubbornness. I find it funny because my RVS votes in games with N_M are pretty consistent.

This feels opportunistic. I do, however, agree that the mutant wagon feels like mislynch bait.

UNVOTE: mutant
I could also see it being scum driven.

VOTE: Bins
Sheep me, let's go
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Maxous »

Uhh, I hope this doesn't seem like I'm copying Math too much but yes,

VOTE: Bins

The unexplained vote on Elmo was poor
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

@mutant: Gun to your head; where would you vote?

@N_M: How long do you intend to keep your TVS vote on sauce?

@fitz: I want to move my RVS vote off you, but I don't seem to have a target to vote. Ant reason why you aren't voting someone yourself?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 60, Almost50 wrote:@mutant: Gun to your head; where would you vote?
Probably Sauce. Their posts feel distracting and don't really contribute anything despite having the second most posts so far. Though I guess that's kinda hypocritical of me since I haven't really done anything yet. I had to re-read the entire thread to reach that conclusion though. The re-read has probably made me more interested in the game so I should be posting better quality now.

Sadly for Elmo, that means potential walls :P
I mostly just lurk now.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 61, mutantdevle wrote:Sadly for Elmo, that means potential walls
At least spoiler it.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 58, Mathdino wrote: I like you but all your reads except me are backwards. What about the response is weird?
You clearly explained that you were voting her because you read one of her posts as scum and one as town and you were voting as an attempt to sort her better. Her then saying why are you voting me, a null read, instead of NM, your other null read, comes across as overlooking the main point of the vote and a bit defensive. Your vote was clearly there just to get more out of her and from a town perspective I would expect someone to instead of responding to the post in a defensive way to post other things to help others sort them.

It just doesn't make sense to me for someone to vote someone because they want to pressure them to make them easier to sort, then that person, instead of trying to produce more content so they can be sorted easier, posts in responce to the vote defensively.

How are my other reads backwards? I have Chip as a townlean and Lalendra as null. (Also have Elmo as null leaning scum.) Can you explain your strong townread on Lalendra? Also what are your thoughts on Chip and Elmo?

Going to put mt vote here
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Raya
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:05 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 63, Raya36 wrote:How are my other reads backwards? I have Chip as a townlean and Lalendra as null. (Also have Elmo as null leaning scum.) Can you explain your strong townread on Lalendra? Also what are your thoughts on Chip and Elmo?
I love your reasoning on Elmo from a rhetorical standpoint but I think defenciveness is an overused scumtell, especially on experienced players. You're right that Elmo had no reason to be defencive about my vote. Which is why I don't think it was defenciveness, more confused flailing attempted scumhunting. The meta on this site is, in my experience, to just ignore early votes on you if you don't want to be scumread.
In post 8, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:VOTE: mutantdevle
No walls from you kthx
In post 19, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Like Fitz just said though. Let's say the big takes a shot and misses. You then have what a 75% chance of nailing scum and then granted if I did quick math it's lylo but the odds are very heavily in towns favor for an actual win of the game.
In post 47, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Your Meta is to be a nit picky with your vote. And you like walls.
1st post reads town on gut. 2nd post reads scum because it's like it's talking to the town being like "Hey it's not unfair, you guys have a chance". 3rd post is ancillarily helpful in an unfortunately low effort way. At the very least I can appreciate the utility of the Elmo wagon pressuring her to actually do something, but her response leans town.

Lalendra's actions all seem focused around getting scum. She pressures me and gets me to explain myself more instead of pouncing on me, then announces the results of that pressure.

Chip's "what does this have to do with scumhunting?" question was reasonable but the "are you trying to look busy????" is classic suspicion-throwing in the form of asking dumb questions that amount to "are you scum using [x] strategy?" which everyone will always answer 'no' to.

Almost50, mutant, Elmo, Not_Mafia
, sheep me, let's get a good wagon going.

I like Raya as a player (I read through your Newbie scum game with nancy, respect for that) but I'm getting a lot of scum motivation from that post. N_M's vote is good but I think better served on Bins.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 65, Mathdino wrote:Almost50, mutant, Elmo, Not_Mafia, sheep me, let's get a good wagon going.
Why? The game is fresh and not really much has happened. I don't get why you'd want a wagon on Bins, any particular reason? I don't really see anything wrong with her posts, or anything at all for that matter. So if this wagon is simply just to apply pressure to her to make her talk more then I can get on board with that. If there's some other reason you are voting for her though then I'd love to hear it. However typically, I don't tend to sheep.
I mostly just lurk now.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:32 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 66, mutantdevle wrote:Why? The game is fresh and not really much has happened. I don't get why you'd want a wagon on Bins, any particular reason? I don't really see anything wrong with her posts, or anything at all for that matter. So if this wagon is simply just to apply pressure to her to make her talk more then I can get on board with that. If there's some other reason you are voting for her though then I'd love to hear it. However typically, I don't tend to sheep.
Her Elmo wagon is shit, and yes more pressure is good; Bins is hard to read exactly because of her low amount of content.

I know you're apparently finicky with your vote (well I only know that from what Elmo said) but more wagoning is great for later analysis.

Alternatively, if you vote Raya I'll sheep you on that. But I think Bins is a better wagon.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 67, Mathdino wrote:But I think Bins is a better wagon
.. because you think the formation of the wagon she contributed to on page 2 is lynch bait.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 68, Sauce wrote:
In post 67, Mathdino wrote:But I think Bins is a better wagon
.. because you think the formation of the wagon she contributed to on page 2 is lynch bait.
read my ISO again if you have to

then read the whole thread again because I wanna know your reads
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 61, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 60, Almost50 wrote:@mutant: Gun to your head; where would you vote?
Probably Sauce. Their posts feel distracting and don't really contribute anything despite having the second most posts so far. Though I guess that's kinda hypocritical of me since I haven't really done anything yet. I had to re-read the entire thread to reach that conclusion though. The re-read has probably made me more interested in the game so I should be posting better quality now.

Sadly for Elmo, that means potential walls :P
I agree sauce has been kinda skating by but who isn't at this point? I don't anyone (including myself) has done anything that I could point out ans say: "Oh! That's Townie enough.", which is giving me pause.

Thanks for the answer, and I out sauce under consideration.

Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Sauce »

I mean .. I'm getting confused as a consequence of reading what you're apparently thinking, Dinomath. That's why I'm not making any sense anymore. It's obviously your fault I'm mixing up Bins with Elmo. How can a two-vote wagon on page 2 be lynch bait? How does one think like that?
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Sauce »

My judgement is impaired, therefore any reads I might have at this time need reconsidering, and don't warrant being made public.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 64, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Raya
LOL! Should I sheep this? (Note: Not really. I don't see anything scummy coming from Raya yet, but your performance in the last couple of games we played together makes me think you might've noticed something I didn't).

Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:53 am

Post by Sauce »

Anyway the mutantdevle is a wagon I imagine scum would join at the time Maxous did, so I like my vote there.

Return to “Completed Open Games”