Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:18 am

Post by windkirby »

And
vote: greasy spot
for the slip... Not that it was awful, but I learned from my last game with him that kison knows what he's Doing. Yay, kison!
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 am

Post by windkirby »

Pikmin is a video game... but
unvote.
greasy spot seems like he's a pikmin for now.

On the other hand, however, i really doubt that everyone's a Pikmin. as skitzer said, excluding all the cool creatures like Bulborbs and stuffs makes the whole pikmin theme pointless.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 am

Post by windkirby »

Umm... Does anyone else think that JDodge is going a little too far with this? kison was doing useful pressuring in my opinion. kison and i were just in a game where the scum slipped like that. anyway, discussion is good for the town, and jd seemed to be discouraging it a bit.
vote: JDodge
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

I'm with Kison on this one, brah.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by windkirby »

Vote: Greasy Spot
for theslip and for laying on the hammer before giving ZS more chance to claim.

My guess is that the purple Pikmin was the Vig. In Pikmin 2, they're the most powerful, and they're certainly the battlers, so it would make sense that they're the most offensive role, which is the Vigilante.

And JD, I don't understand your vote on Gorrad. Go ahead and spill the meta-info. If you're trying to get someone lynched I want to know why.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by windkirby »

I'm guessing your four cases are connected? Fine. But then don't use that as an excuse to not have to explain why you're voting Gorrad. Explain all four cases if you need to, but stop being vague on purpose.
vote: JDodge
Even if it is a waste of your time for you to deal with us mere mortals, I still think you should answer the question instead of skirting around the issue.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:38 am

Post by windkirby »

Mikeburnfire, I'm also voting for JDodge right now.

That's why it's in the vote count.

BTW, I'm a little confused... can someone explain what LAL is and what it has to do with JDodge refusing to explain his vote on Gorrad as promised?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by windkirby »

Jeez, JDodge! You're handing out votes until have got out all seventeen... If you want mine on you to move, I'd still like an explanation on why you voted for Gorrad. Kind of stupid to be voting for him if you're not even willing to share the reason.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:19 am

Post by windkirby »

Well then explain to him what a benefit claiming is to town instead of hammering him! Doing so makes you just look eager to out a potential power role, since he alluded to having one.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by windkirby »

Mod, sorry, when I said I was voting for JDodge, I meant to say that I had voted for Greasy Spot in post 184, which is not currently in the vote count. Thanks!
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

Not that anyone would notice with all of this exciting discussion going on (I don't mean to be a hypocrite; it is with regret that I have nothing to add.), but I'll be gone starting noon Friday and back noon Sunday.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:27 am

Post by windkirby »

Gorrad wrote:
skitzer wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Vote: JamesThePhox for the above, + other vibes. I just don't see a townie thinking that way.
I think townies, or any town faction role, have to look at all possibilities. You can't blame someone for trying to help the town figure out roles.
Sure you can.
I think what he meant was that it's not very good scumtell, and I have to agree.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:28 am

Post by windkirby »

I dunno, from Gorrad's point of view, the second and third reasons make sense (at least IMO). The first one I'm a little iffy on; I'm surprised why he didn't mention the hammer instead of resorting to calling him generally unhelpful.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:31 am

Post by windkirby »

I personally do not agree with the "you pikmin" defense presented there. Consider: there are ten pirates on a pirate ship. Nine of them are making fun of one in particular for his bandana's particularly magenta hue. Does pink-bandana pirate say, "You pirates are pissing me off."? Of course not. It makes sense only if, say, the speaker is a ninja being made fun of for his out-of-place-ness. "You pirates are pissing me off," said the ninja. Ignore the unlikelihood of the scenario actually happening, and you will see that that the second quote makes much more sense in the context. Saying "you people" =/= saying "you Pikmin." Now I am not saying that this one post makes GS scum, but it most certainly implies that he is not a Pikmin, and combined with the hammer when it clearly seemed to me that ZS was a power role simply afraid to claim, it is good enough for me.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by windkirby »

armlx wrote:I'm very unimpressed with the continued pressing of the slip. It was worth pointing out and seeing if he would explode under pressure, but he didn't and I would expect pro-town players to have moved on by now.
Nice show of snobbery, but I'm not going to move my vote just because it doesn't meet your "expectations." Besides, the slip is hardly the main reason I want GS lynched; just because I pointed out that the "you people" argument is crap, it doesn't imply that the "you pikmin" slip is the primary factor in my mind.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:40 am

Post by windkirby »

Oh, and what is the primary reason then? I'm curious.
To be frank, I find the hammer disgusting no matter how many times people pretend ZS's behavior didn't signify a power role. I wasn't even aware he was at L-1 by the time GS laid the hammer. Not how a lynch should go down.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 am

Post by windkirby »

My vote's on JDodge because it seems like he's looking for excuses to give out votes. I mean, if you have so many votes everywhere, what's the point? If he neared a lynch though, I'd probably consider unvoting.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:25 am

Post by windkirby »

JDodge wrote:
windkirby wrote:My vote's on JDodge because it seems like he's looking for excuses to give out votes. I mean, if you have so many votes everywhere, what's the point? If he neared a lynch though, I'd probably consider unvoting.
There's no point in voting someone in this situation if you don't want them lynched. I'm voting every person who I think would make a good lynch for today, and no more. Either commit and say you're willing to lynch me or unvote now.
How do I know why you're voting? You refuse to tell us your reasoning for some of them, and yet you act as if I should trust you enough to believe that every single person you're voting for you have a sound case against.

The closer you get to a lynch, the more I will consider my vote, of this you have my word, but I don't like Greasy Spot, the way you tried to brush away his slip, or the way you started out with four votes with minimal explanation, so I believe my votes are currently fine the way they are.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by windkirby »

armlx wrote:I'm with Dodge here. This is definitely town GS to me, based on Adel's mountainous open.
Don't understand this post. Could you explain?

I'd also like to point out that JDodge's latest post is further confirming the way he's tossing votes around like they mean nothing: does he actually believe that every single person on the GS bandwagon is scum? Of course not! Rather, he tries to scare the people off of the wagon by threatening to vote for them simply because he doesn't agree with their suspicions. In this case, wouldn't voting them be more of a result of a desire not to get GS lynched than the result an actual belief that the offending players are mafia? Then again, perhaps it's just so he can say, "Now look! This many more players I'm voting for are voting for me back!"

Again, I'm not saying that he 100% confirmed scum, but if we all played like JDodge we would have seventeen simultaneous lynches. You cannot seriously tell me that a townie would believe another player to be scum because he was "asking about something without knowing the context of it."
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 am

Post by windkirby »

JDodge - I've been here approximately three months and I knew probably within the first that hammering like that is not beneficial for town.

armlx - Could you provide a link to the game? I'm lazy. :]
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by windkirby »

Really that's kind of WIFOM, though... You're saying that scum wouldn't do it because scum would do it. Not all scum are smart, y'know.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:03 am

Post by windkirby »

Okay, well I see armlx's point, but a lot of the reasons GS was voted in that game was for avoiding answering questions, as well as using emotional appeals and sub-par logic. Honestly, I still don't find any of these quite as bad as hammering without giving adequate time for a claim, but I'll give it some thought...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 am

Post by windkirby »

JDodge wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I didn't think that he was just as likely to be scum, but GS wasn't going to be the lynch.

For JDodge, I saw at least where he was coming from with the other three. But when he votes me for some misteeeeeerious reason, I'd bloody well like to hear it.
And I've already told you the reason. I have no obligation to tell you my meta read on you just as you have no obligation to respond to it. You're overreacting to
one vote
I don't think he's overreacting, especially as you promised that you would present your case on any of the players if anyone deemed it necessary.

Despite this, Kison's case on Gorrad has inspired me to read through his posts again, too... I'm starting to understand the votes on him.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #24) » Fri May 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by windkirby »

After reading again... I'm pretty much where I was. I'm a tad more suspicious of Gorrad because his voting seems just a bit opportunistic, as Kison said, but his request for a roleclaim at 157 seems pretty protown... I was also considering GS as town a little more, but I can't get past the hammer. 160, merely
three posts
after ZS denied claiming, is just awful, even if his performance hasn't been optimal in the past.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #25) » Sat May 03, 2008 4:05 am

Post by windkirby »

JDodge wrote:
windkirby wrote:After reading again... I'm pretty much where I was. I'm a tad more suspicious of Gorrad because his voting seems just a bit opportunistic, as Kison said, but his request for a roleclaim at 157 seems pretty protown... I was also considering GS as town a little more, but I can't get past the hammer. 160, merely
three posts
after ZS denied claiming, is just awful, even if his performance hasn't been optimal in the past.
If anything, the hammer after the claim refusal is even
more
of a reason why the hammer is not abnormal - refusing to claim is generally a scum-action.
But his post clearly indicated that he felt as if he should claim but was reluctant due to the risk. He easily could have been pushed into one with a bit of time if GS hadn't hammered two seconds after.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #26) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:15 am

Post by windkirby »

JamesThePhox wrote:@Kison:
Note: windkirby votes for GS because they "trust" in Kison from last game? I guess assuming someone who was good, pro-town last game is instantly good, pro-town this game.
Vote: windkirby
Mmm, pretty sure I never said that. Could you point that out, please?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #27) » Tue May 06, 2008 9:45 am

Post by windkirby »

windkirby wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote:@Kison:
Note: windkirby votes for GS because they "trust" in Kison from last game? I guess assuming someone who was good, pro-town last game is instantly good, pro-town this game.
Vote: windkirby
Mmm, pretty sure I never said that. Could you point that out, please?
Still waiting...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #28) » Sat May 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Gorrad wrote:As stated, I blew up the person with the second most votes. Happy?
Sounds like an obvious claim.
vote: Gorrad
Well, I was going to vote for James, but what the hell is this? Name a scenario in which Gorrad is scum that would explain JDodge's death.
unvote, vote: GreasySpot

As far as I am concerned, Gorrad's role is confirmed. There are few enemies that can use bombs in the Pikmin game: Volatile Dweevils (which are ruled out because they self-destruct upon explosion), and the Dirigibug (which is hardly an enemy prominent enough to warrant a role) are the only ones that come to mind (please correct me if I'm missing one), and so I believe Gorrad's claim completely.

My theory is that there is a group of traditional, non-elemental enemy scum (of which the Puffy Blowhog was a part), as well as, as has been suggested before, a Titan Dweevil serial killer who can choose which element to kill with (although it seems poison has been discluded), although that isn't to say I would bank on the matter.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #29) » Sat May 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by windkirby »

The list confirms my previous statement: there are only two enemies with bombs, and I personally don't feel that either of one of them could be in this game. I
suppose
there could be a Dirigibug SK, or possibly that there is a Dirigibug partnered with non-killing Snitchbugs, but since there was no bomb kill Night 1, I feel that this possibility is extremely unlikely.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #30) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:32 am

Post by windkirby »

WK is lower than you as when he posted his logic behind really attacking the slip I can see the train of thought used there (albeit a flawed one),
Why is my logic flawed? I think my train of thought of the slip is very sound. If a careless player such as GS walks into a game about Pikmin knowing that he is not a Pikmin, the slip he gave is a possible result.

And am I the only one completely lost in the Kison-armlx argument? I'm not exactly sure what they're fighting about.

Finally, what I meant to imply was that I believe that the Puffy Blowhog is teamed up with the Bulborb and that the titan dweevil sk kill simply mismatched color-wise.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (isolation #31) » Mon May 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by windkirby »

armlx wrote:No, at the point he was doing it it was. He started on it during the D2 GS wagon.
I didn't "start" on it at all. Kison was arguing for the "you people" argument, which I felt was crap, so naturally argued against it. The statement of my opinion on the slip was instigated by Kison's bringing it back up, and therefore I didn't "start" on anything.

However, GS's most recent post does quell me a bit. His slip and hammer are starting to shrink in comparison to JtP's awful play.
unvote

JtP, I will ask this again: where did I say that I trusted in Kison just because he was pro-town in a previous game? Where was it even implied?
vote: JamesthePhox
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #32) » Tue May 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by windkirby »

I hate MiSTing posts, but with such a huge block to defend against, I have no choice....
JamesThePhox wrote: windkirby: You've been backing Kison constantly throughout the game. It started with post 47 with the "kison knows what he's doing" without every considering that he's an enemy? Unless you guys are the same side, which would only happen if you're both Anti-Pikmin.
So early in the game (only page two), it was clear I was joking around. Does the phrase "Yay, kison!" actually imply real trust? I was trying to be funny.
Then post 103 you stand up for Kison and attack JDodge, who consequently is a pikmin, for attacking Kison with valid arguments, I might add.
Kison and I had just finished in a game where a similar slip was made by a mafia roleblocker, and I felt that JDodge was overreacting to a simple discussion of the slip - Kison wasn't even voting for Greasy Spot, and yet JDodge feels he is attacking him so bad over nothing that it warrants a vote. I felt this to be highly unusual, and I felt that the slip was worth discussing.
JDodge wrote:Ha. Knew you'd attack that instead of going after the actual argument. Glad to see that worked so well. I'm more sure that you're scum than you are that anyone is, frankly.
seemed extreme and therefore scummy.
Then post 116, a one sentence summing up that you agree with Kison, without providing extra input. Why don't you ever question Kison, what makes you think he's on your side, if you're a Pikmin?
What makes you think I never question him? Just because I'm on his side on a lot of matters does not mean will not now or ever find him suspicious, and it's assumptuous to believe this just because I didn't express suspicion on this one particular person in a twenty people game. I guarantee had I been prompted, I would have revealed that I wasn't half as faithful in Kison's towniness as you're projecting. I simply felt that Kison was being unjustly ganged up upon, and so I expressed my stance in a humorously brief way. If you wanted me to expand, you should have said so.
Post 184, easy jump vote on the hammerer. More role theory. Mild attack on JDodge.
The hammer was crappy because, as I have said before, ZS should have been given more time. JDodge gave out four votes with the promise that he would explain if requested, but when requested, he refused to explain, claiming it was top-secret meta info. I found this scummy.
Post 211, telling mod to post vote on JDodge. Eager to lynch him, hm?
Uhh, just want my vote posted when I vote for someone. omgscumtell!
Post 231, nothing informative, but a sudden change of heart in voting. Guess your past votes on JDodge weren't too serious. Flimsy voting, potential buddying up to a very vocal Pikmin?
Have no idea what you're getting at here. I was expressing how I didn't like how many votes JDodge was giving out and how it was keeping my vote on him. How is this anything like what you're describing?
Post 251, re-mild attack on JDodge.
BZZT!
Wrong. Sorry, but this post referred to Greasy Spot and Greasy Spot only. Having you attack me like this is awfully unsettling when you can't even correctly report what I'm saying.
Post 262, voting for GS without much explanation? But you've been attacking JDodge oh so much, at least, to the best of your ability.
What the hell! I had been voting him since the beginning of day two, but the mod didn't have this, so I was reminding him! Get it together!
Post 282, noting a short leave of absence.
Post 304, agreeing with skitzer.
Which, of course, totally point to me being scumbuddies with Kison.
Post 324, agreeing with Gorrad.
Post 351, finally somewhat of a reason why you're voting for GS, but I suppose it came right after Kison's attacks on GS. That's understandable.
Since I had vote and explained my vote on GS since the start of day two, I find this innaccurate and therefore somewhat void. Besides...
Kison wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Simple. In Uprising, my 'slip' was clarified and accepted by the town. I was able to explain it in a way that made everyone undersand and accept what I meant. Here, I cannot possibly see his slip in the light he's trying to show it in.
Did you not read the exchange between JDodge and me back during Day One?

You are a person. If you're pissed at a group of people, you could say, "You people are pissing me off."
Assume GS is a Pikmin. He says, "You Pikmin are stupid."

Doesn't mean he didn't mean it the other way, but I don't see how you can't see
that
possibility.

Also, if you were so sold on this slip being unexplainable any other way, why did you swap votes to Zombie, who, from your perspective, would have had a much lower chance of being scum?
is going after Gorrad rather that GS, anyway.
Post 359, increased aggression on GS.
Post 375, more attacks on GS. I suppose attacking JDodge while Kison is arguing with JDodge would be a bit too obvious? At least you guys are voting for the same person.. both people. (JDodge and GS)
Oh, I see. So now it's suspicious that I'm
not
backing up Kison.
And thank you for that restatement that we were, in fact, voting for the same people. I repeat, we are hardly being identical twins; you are grossly exaggerating the concept that we simply had similar viewpoints on a few of the current players.
Post 380, reasons against JDodge, but not reason enough to lynch him apparently. (JDodge clarifies this nicely in post 389).
Post 393, good thing you like the way your votes are, would be a shame if you started forming attacks on other suspicious players.
I am stating my opinions, and I rarely change my mind in
any
game. The multiple votes thing slightly tripped up my typical strategy, which is to head straight for a few players I find particularly suspicious, and examine the others at a later time.
Post 408, JDodge threatens to vote people? Oh no. This is a side of JDodge I've never seen before. Ever. Maybe he really believed GS wasn't Anti-Pikmin and that another miss lynch would really hurt the Pikmin?
The way I saw it was that he was just looking for more excuses to hand out votes.
hasdgfas wrote:
JDodge wrote:Don't claim. This is a horrid bandwagon and I'm pretty sure I know now why you're coming across as scummy. In 24 hours, I will be voting everyone who is voting Greasy Spot unless they move their votes. It should be incredibly obvious that he's town by now to anyone paying attention to this game.
You need to explain this better than "It should be incredibly obvious why he is town" because there is no way I can see the obviousness of his townieness in basically anything he's done, and there's also no reason that you should vote for every single person voting for him. Just because you see that him being town is "incredibly obvious" doesn't mean that it is to the rest of us. I see someone who is being quite scummy, not "obvious town."
As he said, JDodge hardly explained why GS was so obviously town.
Post 421, hammering a suspicious townie IS pretty suspicious isn't it? Man if all scum hammered townies, that would make our job a lot easier, wouldn't it?
Hammering in the way that GS did is
completely
suspicious, a fact that I have attempted to explain several times that you can't seem to understand. He waited
three posts
after ZS's very reluctant claim denial to hammer.
Post 423, WIFOM speculation on JDodge's 422. And scum voting with their scum buddy isn't very smart either.
*whams head into wall* You think I'm scum with Kison.
We. Get. It.

Post 429, agreeing with skitzer. Good thing you'll take your votes to consideration. Voting without thinking would suck, wouldn't it?
I'm absolutely loving these tongue-in-cheek, oh-so-subtle sarcasms.
At any rate, however, I was conversing with armlx, not skitzer. (holy moly, you suck at names)
Post 436, Kison's posts inspire you to do something that you should already be doing as town. Good thing he's keeping you on your toes.
Goody, more beautifully executed sarcasm. (And yes, I do see the irony of using sarcasm to combat sarcasm.) I simply thought that maybe I wasn't giving enough thought to Gorrad, but after the reread I didn't find much, so I didn't vote for him. Wait! I didn't vote for Gorrad? But dammit, wouldn't that ruin your little argument that I'm always backing up Kison? No wait, we're not supposed to be thinking about that. Moving on...
Post 447, more attacks on GS.
Post 460, questioning my reasoning of my vote on you. Good thing I made this post.
Yes, as so timely, too. You could've at least told me you had a case instead of ignoring me completely.
Post 487, ignoring the Sonickid bandwagon and asking me for confirmation (hey I take my time with this). Clearly Kison had the right idea of joining the wagon. Guess you didn't want to vote the Blowhog. :(
:(, indeed. You see, because you left me waiting, I was chasing you. That's how I work. I wait until someone sets off my scumdar, and then I go after them, and I swear you're not going to believe me when I say this, but quite honestly I did not realize that the deadline was so close, or else I would have examined the Sonickid bandwagon. Looking back, I realize that the mod had even said so, but I was so excited by JtP's total lack of response to my request that I wasn't really paying attention. (A mistake on my part.) But as I said before, focusing on a few select players who I find particularly scummy is typically the way I play. I can find you some examples if you like.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #33) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am

Post by windkirby »

Well, now that he's explained his vote on me and JDodge in a reasonable manner, I'm not so sure about his scumminity anymore, so
unvote, vote: Greasy Spot
Normally, I would remove my vote for a day or two before voting again in cases like this, but I don't particularly want to vote no lynch.

I plan on rereading the thread again, after which I will perhaps move my vote to another player, but as of this moment, I'm probably more comfortable with the lynch of GS than anyone else...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #34) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by windkirby »

Implying he is not a Pikmin and then hammering a player before giving adequate time to claim are both completely fine with you? I'm not saying they're the worst possible, but they're the worst I see here. Who do you feel is more suspicious than Greasy Spot?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #35) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 am

Post by windkirby »

JamesThePhox wrote:
windkirby wrote:Implying he is not a Pikmin and then hammering a player before giving adequate time to claim are both completely fine with you? I'm not saying they're the worst possible, but they're the worst I see here. Who do you feel is more suspicious than Greasy Spot?
Still going on about the "you Pikmin" thing? What about GS' other posts? Please enlighten us with new info, rather than rehashing everything that everyone else has said.
So just because it's already been talked about, I can't mention it anymore? Yes, it was a while ago, but it still happened, so I don't understand why I'm not allowed to suspect him for it, especially because I've yet to hear anything to make the slip invalid.

And armlx, please explain - what are the primary reasons you're suspicious of Kison and pyrodwarf?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (isolation #36) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:48 am

Post by windkirby »

windkirby wrote:
armlx wrote:I'm with Dodge here. This is definitely town GS to me, based on Adel's mountainous open.
Don't understand this post. Could you explain?

I'd also like to point out that JDodge's latest post is further confirming the way he's tossing votes around like they mean nothing: does he actually believe that every single person on the GS bandwagon is scum? Of course not! Rather, he tries to scare the people off of the wagon by threatening to vote for them simply because he doesn't agree with their suspicions. In this case, wouldn't voting them be more of a result of a desire not to get GS lynched than the result an actual belief that the offending players are mafia? Then again, perhaps it's just so he can say, "Now look! This many more players I'm voting for are voting for me back!"

Again, I'm not saying that he 100% confirmed scum, but if we all played like JDodge we would have seventeen simultaneous lynches. You cannot seriously tell me that a townie would believe another player to be scum because he was "asking about something without knowing the context of it."
The other three I can see why you would think them scummy I suppose, but I don't see why you included this one in your list. It seemed that JDodge was continually looking down at the players, and whenever they did something he didn't like, scummy or not, he would "punish" them by voting for them. This seems to me as a very ineffective method of scumhunting, if it is even considered scumhunting, and I figured a player like JDodge wouldn't be doing this sort of thing as town. I was wrong, of course, but I don't understand why my hypothesis was scummy.

I have two primary reasons for voting GS: first and foremost, he waited
less than an hour
after ZS's very reluctant denial to kill him. It was so fast, I wasn't even aware that we were close to a lynch until it was already night. He has been here for three months; I believe he knows better.

Secondly, the reason-that-must-not-be-named, the slip. I can very easily see a scenario in which GS recieved a role that wasn't a pikmin, and then, being so excited about it, he runs into the game and makes a smug remark, "You Pikmins are way too uptight. No wonder the mod called you stupid." (Or something along those lines.) Also note that there was no sign of anyone being uptight, anyway. This signifies, to me, that he wished to perhaps "brag" about his non-Pikmin role, and so he tried to fit it in the game's context as best he could, winding up with a rather awkward slip indeed. It was not until when we brought it up that he realized that by calling us, "you Pikmin," he had accidentally revealed that he was not one.

With all of the school projects being piled on, I hadn't gotten time to examine Pyrodwarf as I had been meaning to, but I believe I have time tonight.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #37) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:37 am

Post by windkirby »

I assume you're choosing to ignore my statement that JDodge's voting method was crap?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #38) » Tue May 27, 2008 9:00 am

Post by windkirby »

Nightson wrote:
windkirby wrote:I assume you're choosing to ignore my statement that JDodge's voting method was crap?
I don't even know what twisted point you're trying to make. Please elaborate.
Well, judging by the posts you chose as my scumtells, it seems as if you have a problem with my voting for JDodge as Day 2. However, I explained why I was voting for him two posts ago: his voting method made no sense, and I didn't believe a town-JDodge would use it. Am I incorrect that you think that this is scummy for me, or do you have a problem with my justification?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (isolation #39) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by windkirby »

Nightson wrote:
windkirby wrote:
Nightson wrote:
windkirby wrote:I assume you're choosing to ignore my statement that JDodge's voting method was crap?
I don't even know what twisted point you're trying to make. Please elaborate.
Well, judging by the posts you chose as my scumtells, it seems as if you have a problem with my voting for JDodge as Day 2. However, I explained why I was voting for him two posts ago: his voting method made no sense, and I didn't believe a town-JDodge would use it. Am I incorrect that you think that this is scummy for me, or do you have a problem with my justification?
They're just posts that highlight the fact that you seem like nervous scum.
Well I'm not nervous, and I'm not scum. Care to elaborate as to why these posts in particular seem to indicate such?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #40) » Fri May 30, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by windkirby »

Gorrad wrote:Now now, greasy scum, remember- when JD has a tell on someone, he doesn't need to explain it. It doesn't even matter if they're confirmed town! He has found scum!
My thoughts exactly...
JDodge wrote:I've told you time and time again I'm not revealing my meta-reads on people. And the lack of case this time is not due to meta-read, it's due to not having the time to post it.
A brief summarization would have taken no longer than this post did.
unvote, vote: JDodge
Will possibly change back if you magically get the time to post the alleged case.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

Gorrad wrote:I'm back. I'd normally like Kirby's vote, but the fact that he's acting the same way he did in his last incarnation of town makes me think he's just being mule-headed.
That did occur to me, but then again, if his new role was scum, he could easily use this, his past play, as an excuse to toss around votes without seeming unordinary. If he was a town yet again, I would assume that he would realize that there was something wrong with his play, seeing as how his death resulted from the number of votes he had, which quite probably resulted from the way he was giving out votes for poor reasons, if the reasons were given at all, and then adjust it as any good player would to avoid getting killed again.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:08 am

Post by windkirby »

Claus wrote:do you have anything on Jdodge_2's predecessor that you find scummy? Or are you finding jdodge_2 scummy for the same reasons you found jdodge_1 scummy?
Since you asked, my reason for voting was to motivated JDodge to give an explanation on the vote. I planned to then examine said explanation to weigh whether or not he was, as it seemed to me he was doing, giving his vote for the sake of pretending he was being a good townie. And after all, he was townie in his last life; no one would really suspect him for doing the same thing twice, or at least, so he thought, hypothetically. At any rate, his continued refusal to give the explanation seems to indicate he is doing such (though I will hold final judgment until his next response), and this is making my vote more than just a investigative tool. I may or may not remove my vote when he finally gives his explanation, depending on whether or not I find it believable, that is, if he ever does so at all.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by windkirby »

JDodge wrote:
armlx wrote:
JDodge wrote:
armlx wrote:I feel it does. You make a vote and make statements that imply there is a large case behind it, and I will be interested in hearing what you have to say so I can respond.
No, not really. "Because you imply that you have one" is not a real reason for wanting one. If I had a bridge to jump off of, would you want one too?
What are you trying to say here?

How I see it:

You vote me and say you have a case.

I ask for said case.

You try to get out of giving said case on semantics.
No, I am asking specifically
why a case is required to be presented on you at this time
Not just armlx, but Claus and I have both also requested an explanation. You said you didn't give your case because you just didn't have the time, yet you certainly seem to have the time to continue arguing you don't need to say why you're voting, so... what's going on here? Voting is a way to get someone lynched, but if you truly believed armlx to be scum, wouldn't you be presenting your case to the other townspeople so that we would move towards his lynch? Not seeing the logic of you withholding your case, if there is one as you claim.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:56 am

Post by windkirby »

Stop stalling and post your damned case.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #45) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

Post by windkirby »

JDodge wrote:
windkirby wrote:Stop stalling and post your damned case.
I'm not stalling. I'm contributing by having a useful discussion. If anything,
you're
stalling.
Useful discussion? Contributing? Now you're just lying through your teeth. If you were
truly
interested in useful discussion, you would tell us why you voted. Instead, you're avoiding the topic by saying that armlx has been giving less contribution than you have, a lie, but even if he was, it shouldn't matter because both Claus and I (as well as others, I believe) have both asked as well for your case on armlx, although it's becoming painfully obvious it doesn't exist. At any rate, I can hardly see how
I'm
the one stalling, but as already pointed out, I'm not going to get into a long argument about how your failure to explain what we would
you to explain is somehow the fault of mine. Just letting you know that my vote on you is looking pretty solid. (Except in my case, I'm happy to explain it if anyone would like.)
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:18 am

Post by windkirby »

I'm glad the case was posted, but I'm still not sure on its authenticity. Considering my vote...

Also, since people seemed to have been asking me what my opinion was on Kison, I will readily admit that I wasn't suspecting him enough early game. I think how this happened is that I had just completed a game where both of us were town, and a reason we won was because the first scum gave a slip. This is why I felt that the going after the slip was completely appropriate, and when people started ganging up on him for it, I think I somehow became rather defensive of him, while putting suspicion on the backburner. After clearing my head and doing a reread, I still found little that I thought was extremely scummy, but Day 2 Kison doesn't sit too well with me. He seemed, at times, rather ingenuine, as if he was merely looking to make it look as if he were looking. What he does is always start suspecting a new person and voting them, which to me just seems a little... off. I don't know. To cap it off, he's hardly my top suspect, but I wouldn't be completely against his lynch if it came to it.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by windkirby »

I fail to understand why I'm so much scummier than JtP. Not that I'm trying to spread the blame around, but at least I've given my logic for every vote I've cast, whereas JtP's sudden and completely unexplained at the time vote for JDodge. (I believe there was later some sort of vague explanation akin to "bad vibes".)

Gorrad, I skimmed through your posts and you never seemed to care for my lynch previously. You in fact even defended (or at least agreed with) me twice during day two. Why have you decided you'd like your name on my lynch?

armlx, the only reason you said you found me scummy was for going after the slip, yet I do believe I have explained quite thoroughly why I found it viably suspicious. Do you actually still find it contrived?

I now have three votes left before I am lynched. Shall I claim?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by windkirby »

Look at my posts at the beginning of the game. All of them spell out my role, which is a CANDYPOP BUD.

Sort of a useless doctor, each night I pick a person and a color (red, yellow, blue) to turn them into (I don't know why I wasn't assigned a particular color, but I wasn't) for that night. They're then protected as that color rather than their own. The first night, I turned Kison red, figuring a fire enemy would be likely to show. The second night, I decided to turn someone yellow to protect against the electrocution seen night one. I would have protected Gorrad, as I believed his claim, but he was already yellow, so I turned skitzer yellow, since I knew he was an okay player from the newbie game I had with him a while back and have not seen him to be scum. As for my win condition, I was given a survivor win condition, probably since I'm not a Pikmin. I have to make it to the end to win.

So a survivor-slash-almost-useless-doctor. It's a pretty funky role, so I can't blame you too bad if you don't believe it, but you can look it up on the wiki. The role given to me matches its description well enough, I think. I don't think there's any way for me to confirm my role as there was for Gorrad, unfortunately, but I'd be open to any ideas.

Also, I know this probably seems like it negates my finding the slip suspicious, but honestly, my role isn't that exciting (as in powerful) at all, and I couldn't think of any other neutral non-Pikmin creature that Greasy Spot could possibly have, let alone be excited about enough to pull something like that. And so I figured he probably had the role of an enemy creature. (And I still do.)
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:03 am

Post by windkirby »

Bleh, you caught me. Go ahead and lynch.

Still, it would have helped if my own partners hadn't turned against me! (armlx, Claus, I'm looking at you!) Worst scumpartners ever! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Fun game, though. Just get this over with and lynch meh.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:07 am

Post by windkirby »

And for the record, Gorrad, as a Candypop Bud, I hadn't seen any other elemental danger than the electricity, and therefore I would've wanted to turn someone yellow to protect them against it. I still don't see why claiming survivor doesn't make sense, though...
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by windkirby »

Huzzah! I still feel really stupid for my claim, though...
I'm a little pissed that I was right about Greasy Spot but no one listened... but I guess since I was scum too, I have no right to complain...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”