The Alisae Effect

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

The Alisae Effect

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Post by Alisaes French Maid »

The Alisae Effect

by Alisae's French Maid et al

Abstract:
Town winrates on mafiascum have been dropping since Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:39 pm. In this article, we offer evidence that this phenomenon was brought on by the arrival of the player "Alisae". Their abnormally high mislynch rate as town and win rate as scum, coupled with their presence in almost every game played on site in early to mid 2017, created a meta where town automatically started with an unintended disadvantage. This ended up having consequences even after Alisae stopped playing every game on site. We call this the "Alisae Effect".
Alisae is my master, if you have reason to believe I am misbehaving, please contact them.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:14 pm

In post 1, Ellibereth wrote:Have you considered the theory that the town winrate was dropping since early 2015 because the site sensed Alisae's impending arrival and was already adjusting for it.
Hmm I never considered this.
It's a shame this attempt at damage control didn't help stop the "Alisae Effect".
Alisae is my master, if you have reason to believe I am misbehaving, please contact them.
Alisaes French Maid
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Alisaes French Maid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:16 pm

Another thing that should be studied in the future is Ali's desire to play less games on site due to "bad towns".
I think we need to consider that towns get worse when Alisae is present in games and how that may not reflect on the site as a whole.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”