Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.06Bins (2) - Mathdino, Almost50
Maxous (2) - Lalendra, Sauce
mutantdevle (2) - Elmo TeH AzN, Maxous
Elmo TeH AzN (1) - Bins
havingfitz (1) - Chip Butty
Raya36 (1) - Not_Mafia

Not Voting (3) - havingfitz, mutantdevle, Raya36

With 12 votes, it will take 7 to reach majority.

The deadline is Thursday, January 4, 2018, at 8:00 AM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2018-01-04 08:00:00).

Moderator Commentshavingfitz is on V/LA from December 23 to 27.
Elmo TeH AzN is on V/LA from December 24 to 30.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

My vote on havingfitz is probably a bit stale. Will reread and review...
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 176, Chip Butty wrote:My vote on havingfitz is probably a bit stale. Will reread and review...
The holidays made the whole game stale. I have nothing new to go by.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

V/la over :(

Game short enough that I'm just reading back from start. Will opine asap.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Maxous »

happy christmas folks, lemme just get caught up
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:34 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 141, mutantdevle wrote:I'm an ask and you shall receive kind of guy.
you only have one completed game on this site but this does *not* check out buddy

you were perfectly fine giving your own reads there without anyone asking.
In post 174, Mathdino wrote:
@Elmo/Maxous
: I really don't see how mutant's evolution on his Bins read could be read as anything but town. Do you guys have an argument more than "gut", being low-key useless, and subpar logic? Cuz I'd argue the same thing to you that I did to him -- player quality/logic quality are non-alignment-indicative.
Are there any other scumreads you guys have that aren't on my town list?
fine, he comes across as one of those players that might be easier to read as the game goes on since he's relatively new.
i've completely cooled off on a bins wagon though
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 176, Chip Butty wrote:My vote on havingfitz is probably a bit stale. Will reread and review...
In post 172, Chip Butty wrote:I should be able to put more effort into the game now...
In post 171, Chip Butty wrote:Back on deck, and rereading in a few hours, with any luck.
In post 134, Chip Butty wrote:First complete readthrough: A50 is town. MD is 70% town. Bins is 70% scum. Mutant could well be SK. Lots of boring setup talk, to which I will now add my two cent's worth:

If I knew right now who the SK is, I would lynch them without a second thought. Even if it is in their interests to work with town for now, they're still more likely to shoot town than scum. We're looking at potentially 3 deaths per day/night cycle, and could lose real quick.

More reads soonish, I hope.
possible scum here
promising more reads but struggling to give them
i've been in this kind of situation before as scum where you over-promise and struggle to back it up
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Maxous »

i'll hammer not_mafia anytime.
Sauce is threatening to be in the same boat too
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Sauce »

Let's not think about the hammer yet. We haven't had a decent wagon, which says a lot about this game. Usually town wants to have wagons, but for reasons possibly spanning from being confident with voting elsewhere - to not caring enough about stacking pressure to change a vote - to townies acting like mafia none of the wagons made it past 3 votes.

I'm not confident in Maxous being scum but I want to find out and it would be interesting to see how he reacts to a couple of more votes. Maybe the fact that he's talking about hammers can be attributed to the two votes that are on him, in which case the pressure, albeit modest, has an effect which is a good thing, regardless of his alignment, as he'll be more likely to scum or townslip.

Female block:

Lalendra - is doing the bare minimum to keep the wagon afloat. It is most uncertain whether this is town or scum motivated. My read on her is independent of the posts others have expressed were alignment indicative. Instead I rely solely on whether she keeps up the pressure on Maxous, not at all, or actively maintains an equilibrium somewhere in the middle.

Bins - is not exhibiting any scumhunting, just calm and respectful defense, which doesn't appear to ever lead to finding out the game. But who is scumhunting? Are those who include a superficial read list in their post, then hassle others for reads more likely to be scum or town? How does one do something beneficial to winning the game as town? There are various ways I suppose and Bins is not exactly exhibiting signs thereof. Now that I've called her out on this I'm interested in whether she will or what.

Raya - what others will think of what she'll post next is what's interesting about Raya, rather than what she'll post next. This
might be scum
indicative, and I'll have to make up my mind soon. I wish I could think of some other context to associate her to the parts of this game that I find more interesting and thus alignment indicative. I trust that if she's town she'll come out of her shell and help me help her help me get a read on her.

Elmo - is unique in that she's actively forging a shell, an image of how she ought to be perceived, instead of just letting the raw nature of interaction flow freely. I seem to think she tries to be controlling of how people approach her posts, sort of a wrapping them in instructions, by placing pointers compelling them not to overlook how she does what she does, and I therefore believe she is too shy to let the actions of her posts speak for themselves. Maybe it's because she's aware that they lack the power to be interpreted as townie, and that would be ok since there hasn't been a lot to go by to warrant interesting reactions. However if I'd look for
one scum between all 4 female players
, I'd say
Elmo
right now, because she stands out.

Male block:

Leaning
Scum on Math and Almost
. I'd hate to be in the way of them getting universally townread if they are town, but I don't see their posts amounting to more than pseudo scumhunting. They are reluctant to contribute to a good wagon, i.e. Bins' is not a good wagon, because all it will amount to is either more defense or not more defense.

havingfitz - Leaning Scum, doesn't vote

Chip Butty - Scum, is throwing away his vote

Maxous - Scum, is voting mutant but seemingly only to make him notice that they're willing to vote me. Likely bussing and always intended to get off once too much pressure builds up. Would explain why none of the other wagons get traction, i.e. scum are busy exhibiting distancing.

mutant - Scum, mutant, Maxous and some others have made slimy, slithering attempts to express scum leans on me. I don't appreciate that at all, and what I mean by that is instead of offering reasons they simply chose to make it look like it's obvious why I should be considered a lynch candidate. This leaves one with nothing to go by when attempting a defensive maneuver, nor does it contribute to communication. Which means they don't mean to find out more about my alignment.

I advise everyone not to interpret their lack of scumhunting as town incompetence, but
scum malice
instead, and join me on the offensive on Maxous, as he seems to be the more experienced of the two. His general closing-oriented approach to this game needs further investigation via pressure.

Not_mafia - Scum

If the general scumhunting quality of the game improves so will my reads on most of you.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Lolwut
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Bins »

ALL MEN ARE SCUM
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 am

Post by Mathdino »

this has to be a joke
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 180, Maxous wrote:you only have one completed game on this site but this does *not* check out buddy

I never said I wasn't capable of giving my reads without someone asking. My point was that the vote wasn't necessary as to get any information out of me all you have to do is ask.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 180, Maxous wrote:you only have one completed game on this site but this does *not* check out buddy

I never said I wasn't capable of giving my reads without someone asking. My point was that the vote wasn't necessary as to get any information out of me all you have to do is ask.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:24 am

Post by mutantdevle »

And @Sauce seriously just look at your own ISO... Up until your most recent post, all you had done was shit post, fluff and post the occasional kinda helpful 1 liner. That isn't exactly very townie of you.
I mostly just lurk now.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: mutantdevle
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Mathdino »

i wouldn't even engage with him at this point

i want to respond in full but it would look like a wall of incinerating basically every sentence

Sauce, player to player, here's some advice on not being shit:
1. Your reads list literally pegs everyone as scum.
2. Who the fuck separates reads lists into male and female, are you a red piller or something, does this seriously change your reads?
i'm not sure if you're actually sexist but a lot of the game is gonna lowkey think you are now
3. Your reads are absolute shit and basically backwards.
4. Half your reads are based off pre-flip associatives when you don't even know anyone's alignments.
5. You shit on everyone for not wagoning when you literally ask people for votes on someone you're not sure about as a reaction test.
hint: you don't reaction test people by saying "how will you react to this?"
6. You seem to think "scumhunting quality" (which is obviously subjective given that you think everyone is shit but you) is indicative of alignment.

yeah i'm done i'm just gonna ignore your post

i don't know much about SK hunting but this reads a LOT like SK
so i guess what i'm saying is mafia should shoot them for acting like SK and being lowkey sexist
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Bins »

if you scumread everyone can you really be wrong?
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:41 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 192, Bins wrote:if you scumread everyone can you really be wrong?
This is the most high-quality thing you've said all game, Bins
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:43 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 190, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: mutantdevle
Care you explain the vote?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:50 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 191, Mathdino wrote:i don't know much about SK hunting but this reads a LOT like SK
I'm inclined to agree. It makes sense that a SK would scum read everyone since they know that every single person in the game is against them.

Regardless, even if they are not the SK, scum reading everyone (or near enough to it) is in itself rather scummy.
I mostly just lurk now.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 194, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 190, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: mutantdevle
Care you explain the vote?

Let's okay Reads Hangman, you each get one guess every four hours and 6 lives

_ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

play*
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Mathdino/mutant: I beg to differ. Sauce is probably town for that post for many reasons, but the one I'm going to out now is no scum would want to go against the flow and alienate themselves to everyone, and
especially so
the lone scumster.

@Sauce: What's a "good wagon" om your view? And Dino said it best: You don't vote someone and explicitly tell them "it's a pressure vote". That totally negates the purpose of the vote.

Also, 4 scums and 3 scum leans + 1 scum between the other 4??!!

@N_M: In my last 2 games with you I could easily tel you were Town. Your reads/votes were also very much sheepable. Not the case in this game. Is it just me or have you rolled Scum this time?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 195, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 191, Mathdino wrote:i don't know much about SK hunting but this reads a LOT like SK
I'm inclined to agree. It makes sense that a SK would scum read everyone since they know that every single person in the game is against them.

Regardless, even if they are not the SK, scum reading everyone (or near enough to it) is in itself rather scummy.
It is only now that I can sympathize with Elmo's vote on you. If she would've had a compelling reason then, like propelling idiotic theories to make them seem to have more merit, as in what you're doing now, she would've had a legit reason to vote. However, she didn't, which is why I think she's the summiest female player atm. It's just something scum would do to a townie as an alternative to lurking. But here I'm not to sure, so I wouldn't change my vote on Maxous for this.

It looks like more of a getting a rise out of a stranger on the internet kind of post, rather than tactical scumplay. Same with Mathdino 'the incinerathor'
In post 191, Mathdino wrote:i wouldn't even engage with him at this point

i want to respond in full but it would look like a wall of incinerating basically every sentence

Sauce, player to player, here's some advice on not being shit:
1. Your reads list literally pegs everyone as scum.
2. Who the fuck separates reads lists into male and female, are you a red piller or something, does this seriously change your reads?
i'm not sure if you're actually sexist but a lot of the game is gonna lowkey think you are now
3. Your reads are absolute shit and basically backwards.
4. Half your reads are based off pre-flip associatives when you don't even know anyone's alignments.
5. You shit on everyone for not wagoning when you literally ask people for votes on someone you're not sure about as a reaction test.
hint: you don't reaction test people by saying "how will you react to this?"
6. You seem to think "scumhunting quality" (which is obviously subjective given that you think everyone is shit but you) is indicative of alignment.

yeah i'm done i'm just gonna ignore your post

i don't know much about SK hunting but this reads a LOT like SK
so i guess what i'm saying is mafia should shoot them for acting like SK and being lowkey sexist
Stop imagining things and spare me that most abhorrible of ways of engaging a "fellow player", would be my advice. Your trying to start a flame war with me will not compel me to townread you, because what kind of a player would I be if it would?

While you might imagine yourself incinerating sentences ... :giggle: .. :lol: .. :) .. all I'm getting is a mafia try-hard trying to look emotional to underline something that has nothing to do with me. I could ask you to tell me if you see divine prophecies of doom and enlightenment in a Rorschach spot or just a vagina like everyone else, but I don't care. Your wannabe reverse psychology trick won't end in me ignoring
your
posts either.

Return to “Completed Open Games”