Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Creature »

I've been around my top three scum guesses (after I eliminated Chickadee), but I was unable to pick one.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:50 am

Post by Creature »

In post 673, Wormhole wrote:Not really. I've read past mafia PTs of Fykus where he instructs his buddies to pretend like they are town when they are fake-hammered so it's certainly something I could see him doing as scum. If he was town, I'd expect some actual reads.
In that case:
His claim isn't that buyable;
He indeed hasn't shared anything that makes me believe he's town;
The only thing that made me hesitate on him was his 565.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Creature »

I'm sorta surprised drealmerz hasn't put any fight before claiming either.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Creature »

However, we can talk about townreads and see if we can solve this game through PoE.
Sigh
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 am

Post by Wormhole »

Smocaine is another of my more solid townreads. I think the way he was pushing for Drealmerz, passionately arguing against the Dunker wagon and making a case all feel like townie involvement. I think Chickadee's friendly neighbor claim points more towards town than not. Most other people are null to scummy.

MisaTange hasn't posted for over three days now so should probably be prodded or replaced. Ectomancer's Smocaine read is probably one of the stretchiest I've ever seen i.e. to accuse him of trying to create an artificial sense of urgency by quoting the old VCs before the updated deadline? I don't know why he'd make such a ridiculous argument as scum if he isn't the sort of person would genuinely believe it as town though so I don't know if it's alignment-indicative. I'd expect scum to go for more conventional, nice-sounding arguments.

I was following a game Drealmerz was playing in where he was town and got really frustrated at the end and got mislynched even though he was correctly reading scum. I'm not sure if being disengaged from the game is a scumtell for him. I have a really hard time seeing any of Fykus' posts as town. He doesn't seem interested at all in scumhunting. He's spent very little time talking about any reads he got from his wagon or taken any opinions on his counterwagon. I hated Dunker's replace in, don't have much of an opinion on his posting since. I liked Firebringer's passion for the Dunker push even if it initially rubbed me the wrong way and I have a slight townlean on him. Gorkington has a very floating-by vibe which I don't like although skitter disagrees with me and thinks he's generally town although she doesn't like his interactions with Fykus.

-BV
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Creature »

I regret leaving the Fykus wagon, but atleast we gathered some more info.

VOTE: Fykus
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Creature »

I agree on both Smocaine and Chickadee.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:01 am

Post by Creature »

In post 172, Firebringer wrote:I am unfortunately Town this game so my troll to try ratio is going to have to be better.

8:1
Instead of
10:1
How likely this is made of?
Sigh
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:11 am

Post by Wormhole »

I have no idea. Oh, I forgot McMenno. I don't have any read on him. He just pops up from time to time with random comments and I don't really know how to read that. How is he different in his town vs scumgames? I remember you saying he was town based on meta.

- BV
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:29 am

Post by Creature »

Uh, oh right.

vonflare game he did absolutely nothing, hence why I hesitated when he was doing stuff, even though very little, the first five pages.
Sigh
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:38 am

Post by Smocaine »

Fykus makes for a likely Drealmerz partner. I'm not going to lose any sleep is we lynch him. Dunker was getting pushed for his replace in alone pretty much. As someone who straight up doesn't read on replacing in and who has called my own slot scummy on replace in one of the few times I did read, Dunk is more of a null read. I've gotten the same bs on replacing in when it should be nai, and we have a day filled with scumfuckery. I wanted to use that as opposed to an overreaction to a yet to be engaged replace in.

I'm more confident in Drealmerz7 than I am in Fykus. I have no issues waiting for more input, but we are lynching in Dreal/Fykus. No more claims.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Smocaine »

Ecto, reading from front to back, you do realize why your point was more of a "you" problem, ya?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Gorkington »

kind of disappointed that it wasnt a hammer.
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:59 am

Post by Firebringer »

Is it really not hammer?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:04 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 687, Gorkington wrote:kind of disappointed that it wasnt a hammer.
In post 688, Firebringer wrote:Is it really not hammer?
wormhole are you opposed to this lynch?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Gorkington »

i mean, im pretty happy with any of fykus/dunker/drealm being lynched at this point.
i just dont want to feel personally responsible for choosing which if we're wrong.
(:
trash
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:36 am

Post by Creature »

Fykus lynch is most likely to give a good result.
Sigh
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Gorkington »

VOTE: vote: fykus
follow creature to victory.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 679, Wormhole wrote:thinks he's generally town although she doesn't like his interactions with Fykus.
have i even had interactions with fykus this game?

the floating by vibe is pretty reasonable to find distressing from me.
im having an off game and its quite unfortunate.
i hope you can forgive me
):
trash
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Wormhole »

In post 666, Fykus wrote:VOTE: wheme
You want Dreal, and wheme indicates he wants to hammer him, so you start a vanity wagon on wheme two days to deadline because ???

@Ecto:
In post 515, jjh927 wrote:
Do you normally ask to open your Christmas presents early? You'll probably get something because I'm pretty sure Christmas is an everyone-V/LA day. Also, votecount was updated and Ectomancer replaced CityElectric and Dunkerdoodles replaced Fenraiser.
Like jjh announced the probable extension in the same post he announced that you replaced in :facepalm: You were in the game already when we got an extension for christmas. (Deadline is now on Friday)

And smocaine's post was about Dreal, and had literally nothing to do with deadline.
In post 685, Smocaine wrote:Fykus makes for a likely Drealmerz partner. I'm not going to lose any sleep is we lynch him. Dunker was getting pushed for his replace in alone pretty much. As someone who straight up doesn't read on replacing in and who has called my own slot scummy on replace in one of the few times I did read, Dunk is more of a null read. I've gotten the same bs on replacing in when it should be nai, and we have a day filled with scumfuckery. I wanted to use that as opposed to an overreaction to a yet to be engaged replace in.

I'm more confident in Drealmerz7 than I am in Fykus. I have no issues waiting for more input, but we are lynching in Dreal/Fykus. No more claims.
So I wasn't sure why you were backing Dunk here, but this post kinda makes your Dunk townread click for me, and I now have you as town too.

So my problem with Dunk isn't really his replace-in, or the fact that he called his own slot scummy. I don't especially like it, but it's pretty much NAI for me.

What I don't like with him is that he appears to be itching to hammer like anything that gets within hammering range (fykus and dreal); it makes me feel like he doesn't really care *who* flips or why, just that a lynch happens already. I also don't like the fact that he randomly kinda softed.

Also, did you notice that both dunk and fykus are tying you to a dreal lynch and are justifying the lynch because of your push?
In post 599, Dunkerdoodles wrote:agree with smocaine dreal is a good lynch
In post 601, Fykus wrote:smocaine is town, worm is scum. dreal is scum by the go of smocaines case on him.
And I understand why you don't like dreal based on your experience with him; that's kinda where I'm coming from on Fykus. He just feels really weird in comparison to past games with him.
In post 689, Dunkerdoodles wrote:wormhole are you opposed to this lynch?
tldr: I'd be OK with it, but I want Fykus or you more (although it seems you're more off the table now), but BV *really* doesn't want the day to end yet, until *he* figures out which of fykus/dreal/dunk he wants more, and he also doesn't want the day to end without hearing like opinions from dreal/ecto/misa/chick when she comes off v/la.
In post 693, Gorkington wrote:
In post 679, Wormhole wrote:thinks he's generally town although she doesn't like his interactions with Fykus.
have i even had interactions with fykus this game?
Kinda, but mostly indirectly, and that's what I don't like.

Like when Fykus started posting and I said I hated the townread, you seemed interested in why but didn't really follow up after I answered, and then switched off of Fykus onto Chick and then onto Dreal when she claimed. At the time, I noted to BV that I was finding it kinda weird that the fykus votes ended up on Chick, and I thought yours was the worst. I still feel some hesitation in that I kinda think dreal might be a counterwagon to one of fykus or dunk, and if that's happening, it looks like you might be involved in that; your interactions with all of those wagons are kinda ick for me.

--s
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:52 am

Post by Gorkington »

im a one track kinda guy.
if im not tryharding then im probably not going to follow up on stuff im not interested in anymore.
trash
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Wormhole »

That's fair.

I still don't like your voting patterns.

--s
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Gorkington »

if you wanted specific reasoning for why i started voting chickadee over fykus, i thought, at the time, that his catch-up was okayish and that chick's posts that he pulled up did seem a little overreactionary, especially considering that fire seems pretty town to me.

to some extent i feel like i just dont really trust my ability to read people atm so im kind of going with the flow more than i normally do.

p-edit: *shrug* im probably getting lynched at some point this game, or at least, im sure im going to get hardwagoned at some point for not being town enough unless we win early.
hopefully pressure from that will help me make it obvious that im town this game.
(:
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Gorkington »

also, creature is probably the best player in the game gutread-wise fmpov, so fykus is honestly probably just scum.
i would probably be voting drealm otherwise.
and not even because i think hes probable scum.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 682, Creature wrote:How likely this is made of?
im pretty sure fire is town this game.
fyi.
trash

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”