Geriatric Players Club

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:15 pm

Post by Korts »

Like, seriously, let's break down the timeline.

0. You actively (very, very actively) participate in a site meta that forces a bunch of people out of the game - not intentionally, of course, but by nature of sheer tempo.
1. When the people who were forced out of the game start a conversation about it, you tell them to suck it up and join or die.
2. When a solution is proposed, you keep complaining that it will draw away from the player base (even though a fair share of players who play under this ruleset have explicitly said that they wouldn't be playing otherwise) and that it will drive people away from the site (????)
3. When the solution is implemented, and everyone agrees that it is working as intended, you still continue to attack it.

From the beginning of the development of this ruleset, it has been made clear that this would be implemented in only a small portion of games, and most games will still be free to become a spamfest. In the past month, two games have started with this ruleset, and one more is in development. Why don't you go count how many games have started without it? Why don't you go do that instead of continuing to post here?

Everyone else, including those players who don't actually want to play such a slow game, agrees that this is a fine thing to have, even if they had some concerns while it was under development. You're the only asshole still being an asshole.

Why don't you go the fuck away?
scumchat never die
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:59 am

Post by Transcend »

itt a thirteen year old kid being bullied by a bunch of "higher-uppers"
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:47 am

Post by Ginngie »

ITT someone is defending a kid who doesn’t realize he doesn’t have to play in every game on MS
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:52 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Who doesn't realize that he doesn't have to play in every game?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Guys wtf! Can we have some civil discourse instead of shitting on Mulch!?
Holy crap!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:29 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 354, Aristophanes wrote:Guys wtf! Can we have some civil discourse instead of shitting on Mulch!?
Holy crap!
GTKAS
| here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 346, Mulch wrote:Fair enough. I just find it to be a bit restrictive- and I think it sort of shames people with a different playstyle. I mean, in all fairness, I understand some people don't have the time to catch up/the want to not read posts. But I also think this playstyle (if it gets too common) could really drive people away from the site considering how harsh it can be. So as long as it stays a "cult" I think it's fine, but if it becomes super common, I think the site could really be hurt by it
I totally get the concern, but this is a small group. Sure people will pop in and out of our games, but unless site meta changes drastically they will never take over.

The hyper posters and those who don't want to be restricted will always exist and will likely always outnumber us. As long as they host games or people host games for them, you needn't worry!

Heck, I will be playing these games, but as a Mod it is unlikely I would run one. I like modding for a lot of people who would never play these games, and while I would like playing with them as well, I simply cannot at this stage. So I don't think you really have to be concerned! :)

Also, I apologize for all the hatred you seem to be getting here. Your posting style is drastically different than ours and I think that overall the people in this thread feel attacked by you simply existing. It's not right or fair, but it seems to be the case. I just hope you know you are still welcome on this site.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Korts »

I want to clarify that I don't feel attacked by Mulch simply existing. I feel attacked by being attacked.

That said, I apologize for any harsh words, Mulch. I respectfully ask that you not respond in any way whatsoever. I hope you recognize that you have no business in this thread, and will not be disrupting it any further.
scumchat never die
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 354, Aristophanes wrote:Guys wtf! Can we have some civil discourse instead of shitting on Mulch!?
Holy crap!
Person A: Acts like a gigantic asshole.
Person B: Hey, asshole. Stop being an asshole.
Person C: OMG WHY IS EVERYONE BEING SO MEAN TO PERSON A.

In this situation the issue isn't with the people who are responding to someone being an asshole to them, its with person deliberately coming into this thread to start drama and attack people. The responses have actually been remarkably civil given how shitty mulch is being.

But sure, ari. The people responding to the asshole are the ones at fault here.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 358, Thestatusquo wrote:
Holy crap!
Person A: Acts like a gigantic asshole.
Person B: Hey, asshole. Stop being an asshole.
Person C: OMG WHY IS EVERYONE BEING SO MEAN TO PERSON A.

In this situation the issue isn't with the people who are responding to someone being an asshole to them, its with person deliberately coming into this thread to start drama and attack people. The responses have actually been remarkably civil given how shitty mulch is being.

But sure, ari. The people responding to the asshole are the ones at fault here.
I disagree. If you take his recent posts as their own entity, he merely stated displeasure with the ruleset, just as we have stated displeasure with overposters. When mocking posts came his way, he had fun with them. That is reasonable in most discussion settings. When a serious post came his way, we had an alright cobversation about the differences in our enjoyment of the game and he voiced a concern that he would no longer enjoy playing here if it became more widespread.

This is perfectly reasonable and his posts are nothing spectacular or shitposty. If we had not gone on the offensive he would have had nothing to respond to and likely would have gone away.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:20 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In fact, overall he has created decent discussion points here and brought up tjings which were probably the worry of at least some others on the site. Sure there was some shitposting, but we are all guilty of that at times.

I just tuink our reactions are disproportionate to his comments.
- Jingle
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Nah.

He deliberately went into a thread that was for discussing a rule set for players who want to use that rule set in specific games amongst themselves and started taking giant craps on the floor.

Do you not see the difference between posting in a thread called "Anime Discussion!" and posting "anime sucks" and going into a thread called "There is too much anime on this site" and posting "Anime sucks."

Context is super important. I've literally been banned on this site for doing the former, which is precisely what mulch did.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm sure there's more context to that, Shea. I don't know so I can't speak on it. I suppose I'll just leave my arguments as they stand as I have to go to work soon and still have to get ready. I just think we were being a little harsh is all.

I would much rather see proper discourse and the coming together of people and ideas than insults being flung and people having a "No Girls Allowed" sign on the treehouse door.
- Jingle
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Espeonage »

In the interest of discussion. Would this group like to try a geriatric game under 'get a room' mechanics?

It was a ruleset devised by Plotinus that allowed particularly dense arguments to be taken to a private pt for three days. This mechanic required people to vote in favour of the room being made. While the pt is open the players may not talk about or to the person they have a pt with, but may vote them.

I feel this actually compliments the geriatric ruleset nicely as my main issue personally with playing under it is that I feel sometimes it is necessary to have a large volume of posts to read tones, or to argue a particularly poignant point in detail. The kind of debate that requires frequent input from both sides. These cases are resolved with get a room.

I also have a feeling geriatric is scum leaning and get a room is town leaning. But I may be wrong.

All that said I love and am in full support of the movement even though it is not for me.
Don't @ me.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Creature »

I like the drama.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:35 am

Post by Creature »

In post 361, Thestatusquo wrote:thread called "Anime Discussion!" and posting "anime sucks"
Isn't that a discussion about anime?
Sigh
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 362, Aristophanes wrote:I'm sure there's more context to that, Shea. I don't know so I can't speak on it. I suppose I'll just leave my arguments as they stand as I have to go to work soon and still have to get ready. I just think we were being a little harsh is all.

I would much rather see proper discourse and the coming together of people and ideas than insults being flung and people having a "No Girls Allowed" sign on the treehouse door.
No context other than what I just said tbh. My only argument wrt that context is there is a difference between going somewhere specifically set aside for people who like a thing to shit on that thing and going to a general discussion of things and discussing your dislike of a thing. One of those things is reasonable discourse. The other is trolling. Mulch was clearly trolling here, and was responded to in the way he was because of that.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Transcend »

He wasn't being an asshole

His opinion differing from yours =/= being an asshole

Speaking to him the way you did = being an asshole
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I didn't even say anything to him?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

But good grasp of the facts there buddy!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Transcend »

Perhaps i was not talking to you
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You responded directly after me. I am the one who called him an "asshole." you used the word "you" repeatedly in your comment.

If its not directed at me perhaps you should do a better job of signaling who you referring to.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Or maybe because the message was directed at someone who did speak to Mulch you could infer it wasn't about you? :thinking:
FLASH OF GREEN
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 372, Ellibereth wrote:Or maybe because the message was directed at someone who did speak to Mulch you could infer it wasn't about you? :thinking:
Nah, because every context clue in the sentence was directed at me. No one else called him an asshole. No one else was talking about him for the last page. The word "you" means something.

But whatever, this debate is stupidly pedantic.

The point is that going into a thread dedicated to people who like a thing and shitting on that thing is trolling. It's something I've been banned for before. And I deserved it. Its being a jerk.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Anyway, if you want to start a discussion about how the geriatric rule is bad for mafia feel free to start a thread talking about it. This thread is not about that, this thread is for organizing games using the rule set. If you don't like it, don't post in the thread. It really is that simple.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”