Rap

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #200) » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

RIP MF Doom's son. Kid was 14...
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (isolation #201) » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

He's kinda washed . It's not like people wanna hate it. Well people probably do to seem cool.

Tekashi roman numerals is a fucking weirdo.

Kts u owe me the fade for changing your avi
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #202) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 768, skirt skirt wrote:Good post luv I'll probs reply when I'm not phoneposting at work

Whether you think the album is meh to bad by em standards (me) or awful (luv) everyone agrees it's not tes or mmlp quality by a long shot. Someone on Reddit pointed this out, and I think it's a cool take: eminem made himself by destroying everyone who tried to diss him and by being edgy (to the point the cia investigated him). Nowadays, he's too old to be extremely edgy and get away with it well (plus he's already done it all) and more importantly there's just nobody tryna fuck with him. Everyone has seen what happens when you diss em, so nobody calls him out and he just progressively spirald. He has nothing to talk about, and nobody getting him fired up which is where em shines. To a degree I agree he's washed, but I don't think it's unrecover(y)able

I think the thing is
Em standards is what we always wanted because he set his own level, he earned being a legend. even tho its always been the cool thing to not like eminem
And when he doesnt reach that precedent he created with the ridiculously fucked up animal he was before, everyone gets mad and shit
maybe he like tries to appeal to people when hes not, maybe it's cause we want slim shady instead of eminem who might actually be a better human now sentimental bullshit etc etc

It was a difference between being edgy and being unadulterated offensive to underscore how bullshit everything really was and eminem nailed it back in the day, it was part of why he was so amazing
So nowadays we really just dont want to hear what he has to say
tbh that song with beyonce makes me feel really terrible like inside oh my god it was bad

Killthestory wrote:
Spoiler:

throwback
ily

Return to “General Discussion”