Micro 767: Spyro the Dragon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 223, Kublai Khan wrote: So, if
I assume UC Voyager is town
(and I'm currently leaning that way because his claim was unprompted), then scum already know half of the roles in the game (4 out of 8). They know their power and they can assume relative town power and if they have any experience balancing games then t
hey know how much relative power is left on the town side and can claim accordingly

By the time we get to a LYLO situation, scum should have an excellent fakeclaim cooked up.
Right now, then have a marginal one at best.
I've taken the liberty to highlight where I'd get my odds on you being wrong.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 218, Kublai Khan wrote:Being pro-mass claim would be town.
lmao
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Post by Wisdom »

its like youve never played mafia before

Leaving aside how wrong mass claim is and pretending its something town should want; its ridiculous to think that every townie will be pro massclaim and every scum against it
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by Wisdom »

you know who i want shot, so yeah
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:36 am

Post by BuJaber »

It's a nightless game that at least 2 people want to play as if it was just a normal game. What's the harm? We wouldn't be arguing about massclaim if it was a normal game so let them be Khan. You tried, you got majority on your side, but not everyone.

That doesn't mean that garaputo and wisdom can't be scum, but we can't scumread them and AFM based on this alone, so further discussion doesn't help. I suspect that one out of the 3 is scum. The challenge is finding out their scum partner.

We can either:
1. Continue like it's a normal game. We have one innocent child which is a decent start. And even without the massclaim this whole debate polarized the players which is perfect because odds are one scum is among the nay voters and 1 or 2 among the yes voters.
2. have everyone who agreed claim already. This gives wisdom and garaputo the most power in the game if scum, and almost as much power as scum if they're town. That puts them at the center of this game. If town they need to assume leadership responsibility and help us win the game. If they don't actively do this insta-lynch. If scum, I suspect that we will be able to find this out. This much power leaks from the pores and we'll sniff it out.

This is my first nightless game but if it is even slightly similar to one-night ultimate werewolf then what I said above is a valid and winning strategy from countless games of werewolf I've played.

If you don't shoot anybody today do you also die? If so then no lynch is the way to go, and we 'vote' for who you shoot.

Rat is my choice. 2nd choice AFM. AFM over wisdom because I DON'T LET MY CLASH OF STYLE AFFECT MY JUDGEMENT OR MY DESIRE TO WIN THE GAME. No point proving you're townie if you help town lose.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:50 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 141, Alisaes French Maid wrote:I disagree with this being good play tbh.
If we get 1 scum flip and see a role pm I will reevaluate my opinion.
AFM seems against the claim too.
In post 220, Alisaes French Maid wrote:There is no world where we claim real roles and having a mass claim not be a bad idea.
I'm reading through the double negatives here as:
Mass claiming real roles is a bad idea
Correct me if I'm wrong.
In post 229, BuJaber wrote:It's a nightless game that at least 2 people want to play as if it was just a normal game. What's the harm? We wouldn't be arguing about massclaim if it was a normal game so let them be Khan. You tried, you got majority on your side, but not everyone.

That doesn't mean that garaputo and wisdom can't be scum, but we can't scumread them and AFM based on this alone, so further discussion doesn't help. I suspect that one out of the 3 is scum. The challenge is finding out their scum partner.

We can either:
1. Continue like it's a normal game. We have one innocent child which is a decent start. And even without the massclaim this whole debate polarized the players which is perfect because odds are one scum is among the nay voters and 1 or 2 among the yes voters.
How many scum do you think there are in an 8 player game?

This is the second time I've seen the answer 3 floated out there, which seems high from my experience.
In post 229, BuJaber wrote: 2. have everyone who agreed claim already. This gives wisdom and garaputo the most power in the game if scum, and almost as much power as scum if they're town.
AFM seemed pretty anti claim.
In post 229, BuJaber wrote:That puts them at the center of this game. If town they need to assume leadership responsibility and help us win the game. If they don't actively do this insta-lynch. If scum, I suspect that we will be able to find this out. This much power leaks from the pores and we'll sniff it out.
Sort of. Everyone needs to be accountable, it's not like the rest of the game can go on a vacation and expect those against the claim to just solve the game. Basically apply this standard, but to everyone.
In post 229, BuJaber wrote: This is my first nightless game but if it is even slightly similar to one-night ultimate werewolf then what I said above is a valid and winning strategy from countless games of werewolf I've played.

If you don't shoot anybody today do you also die? If so then no lynch is the way to go, and we 'vote' for who you shoot.

Rat is my choice. 2nd choice AFM. AFM over wisdom because I DON'T LET MY CLASH OF STYLE AFFECT MY JUDGEMENT OR MY DESIRE TO WIN THE GAME. No point proving you're townie if you help town lose.
It seems in your post you selectively mention AFM as part of the group unwilling to claim and then don't... why is that?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:59 am

Post by BuJaber »

That is because I started writing the post and then as I was going back and reading some stuff I saw that AFM said no to mass claim also, so I adjusted part of the post but must have missed others. So I apologize for the inconsistency. Also my post was mainly directed at Khan, and I wanted to emphasize that you and wisdom are likely townie with a different opinion. AFM I don't have a particular read on one way or another because of lack of posts, but given that I believe there is one scum among those against the massclaim, AFM is scum by elimination.

I expect there to be 2/8 scum. But for all I know there might be 3. It's a nightless game, I have no idea how much more powerful scum would be when they have no nights. Or even if they are indeed more powerful than in a normal game. My main point was I expect them to split their votes on the issue. Therefore not one group is 'safe' from being infiltrated by scum.

You are absolutely right about everyone having to work hard, but in the event that a player doesn't claim and 5+ others claim that gives them a lot of power in the game. So the burden falls on them to show they are townie and indeed if they are townie then by default they have more information and therefore have a bigger role to play in solving the game as their scum guesses would be more educated. In a normal game PR's in general play a more important role as they have more info than VTs. (There is of course a difference between say a doctor and a cop in this regard but the basic principle is still correct).
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 am

Post by garaputo »

Agreed, but I can only vote AFM so hard.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by garaputo »

Is there anybody out there?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Wisdom »

sure
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I love playing mafia games where everyone tunnels and nobody talks. That's the spirit of the game.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Khan, does you shooting someone end the day?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 236, Radical Rat wrote:Khan, does you shooting someone end the day?
Doesn't specify actually.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Actually, now that I think about it, with it being nightless we just go straight to day 2 after a flip if it does end the day, right? So it probably doesn't make much difference.

I think you should just shoot someone now and treat it like a daycop. Whatever happens, we can use it to get proper discussion going instead of being stuck on massclaim until deadline.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by garaputo »

I recommend (and endorse) shooting one of radical rat, NSG, or AFM.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i don't want khan potentially out of the game. he's making a really good effort to actually try to play here and sort people.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 240, northsidegal wrote:i don't want khan potentially out of the game. he's making a really good effort to actually try to play here and sort people.
So he should shoot you, to survive.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

why am i scum?
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 242, northsidegal wrote:why am i scum?
Abject lack of participation.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 243, garaputo wrote:
In post 242, northsidegal wrote:why am i scum?
Abject lack of participation.
apologies for not getting into the pages-long argument about whether or not massclaiming would benefit us, but i didn't really have much to say on it. also, activity is nai.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by garaputo »

Oh goody, you have one more post than the mod now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

what purpose did that post serve? what did you accomplish by saying that?

revel in your sense of smugness all you want. it's not actually you playing the game.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by northsidegal »

in fact, isn't it ironic that the person shading me for being low-activity is the one who had a one-line response to a massive wall, calling the rest of it "fluff"?
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by garaputo »

I thought was pretty terrible, notwithstanding the vote on me. If you can't see the hypocrisy I was pointing out in , I don't know what to say. As I mentioned in , was a question.

All of your posts smack of doing the minimal effort to considered playing. I'd prefer a random vote generator to fill your slot atm.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 247, northsidegal wrote:in fact, isn't it ironic that the person shading me for being low-activity is the one who had a one-line response to a massive wall, calling the rest of it "fluff"?
Clearly you aren't reading closely. I called it noise (in the context of the discussion we were having).

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”