jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Mini 1968: The Bread Bin (Mafia Thread)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:31 am

Post by jjh927 »

Enjoy rolling scum

Scumteam:

Spoiler: Odd-Night Modified Informed Fruit Vendor. Banana-Fueled Strongman, Misatange, Banana Bread
Hullo, Misatange! You are mafia. Your buddies are McMenno and Fishythefish. You are also banana bread, a sweet bread which is really just bananas baked into bread, probably with some binding that incidentally makes it more cake-like. Banana bread is a great use of bananas that are about to go off and is generally baked in the form of a traditional general-purpose loaf despite being a sweet bread.
Banana bread technically must be good for you because it contains fruit, so that healthy lifestyle ought to help get one over people you're trying to kill.
-
Bananas for All!:
Odd-Night Modified Informed Fruit Vendor: On odd nights, you may target another player. You will visit them and they will be privately informed that they gave away their over-ripe bananas, but not to whom they were given. You will be informed whether or not it succeeded.
-
Banana-Fueled Strength:
Banana-Fueled Strongman: On a night immediately following the successful acquisition of bananas from another player, if you perform the factional kill, the kill may not be blocked by any means.

-
It's good for fakeclaims too
: Fakeclaim: Your official fakeclaim is an Odd-Night Modified Informed Fruit Vendor and Banana-Fueled Cop. As this is not obvious, details are below;
--
Banana for Scale
: Banana-Fueled Cop: On a night immediately following the successful acquisition of bananas from another player, you may target a player to learn their alignment.

Spoiler: Modified Enabler Neighbour , McMenno, Pizza Crust
Hullo, McMenno! You are mafia. Your buddies are Fishythefish and Misatange. You are also pizza crust, the hard edge of a pizza that you hold onto a slice of pizza from. Typically, this part of the pizza is not seasoned in the way that the main body of a pizza is, nor does it have cheese or tomato, but it does offer structural support. In the modern era of fast food, the crust has been played with in a number of ways, the most common of which is to stuff the crust with cheese.
As the crust, you offer structural support. You are also part of a pizza, contained within a box.
-Structural Support:
Modified Enabler: You start the game enabling Whemestar. When you die, all abilities of the player you are enabling will cease to function. Once per night, you may target a player. If this action succeeds, you will no longer enable the player you previously enabled and instead enable your target. This has no effect while you are alive, and only serves to disable them upon your death.
-Put it in a Box:
Neighbour: You are in a pizza box neighbourhood with Whemestar.

-Trust the Crust:
Fakeclaim: Your official fakeclaim is that you enable Whemestar.

Spoiler: Godfather Flavourcop, Fishythefish, Suikerbrood
Hullo, Fishythefish! You are mafia. Your buddies are Misatange and McMenno. You are also suikerbrood, a Dutch sweet bread. The bread itself is baked in the traditional loaf shape most would associate with savoury breads, and in fact the only real difference between suikerbrood and the traditional white bread loaf is the abundance of sugar baked into the loaf.
From the outside, you look just like the typical loaf! Also, as a blunt mixture of the sweet and savoury, you can tell what's what in the world of bread.
-Hidden From View:
Godfather: Your true mafia nature will not be visible to cop checks.
-Full of Flavour:
Flavourcop: Once per night, you may target a player to learn their flavour.

-Deceitfully Sugary:
Fakeclaim: Your official fakeclaim is flavourcop.
Last edited by jjh927 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 am

Post by McMenno »

not a big fan of suikerbrood tbh
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 am

Post by MisaTange »

yo dudes!

yay we have a godfather
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

Remember to actually confirm that you've read your role PMs not that it matters since you're posting in the scum PT and therefore know you're scum
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by CityElectric »

Dude, suikerbrood is the shit. It's all nice and sweet and a little sticky and I love it. Then again, pretty much all breads are good breads. I love bread.

But that's largely besides the point. I'm just quickly checking in here before bed to let you all know I'll be largely gone from the game for the first couple of days because of uni deadlines.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:48 am

Post by McMenno »

welcome
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Feel free to submit actions for your scumbuddies in here btw
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:16 am

Post by McMenno »

getting to this
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:18 am

Post by McMenno »

ectomancer -> kill on creature

bananas on chickadee

flavorcop on dunkerdoodles
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by McMenno »

ffs
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Hey scumbuddies. I'm happy to take McMenno's suggested night actions, as I haven't read the game yet. How are we doing so far?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 am

Post by McMenno »

okay-ish possibly. your slot isn't under scrutiny yet because it hasn't even existed, almost literally
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by McMenno »

can we learn dunker's flavor
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Yeah, croissant. I don't get any flavour except the rolename, it seems. Are role names related in any predictable way related to power or alignment?

I'm kind of thinking Firebringer is a 1-shot vig; otherwise why claim today? But that would be a good shot either way, as confirmed town, vigs and SKs are all bad things to have out there, and his reads are good.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by McMenno »

no it's a upick

I was thinking of killing either fb or wormhole tonight, yes

wormhole is annoying as town that's doing stuff which is not a great thing for us

we need 3 more mislynches, I was thinking dunker drealmerz and smocaine for that, with room to move into wheme (maybe) or gorkington (very maybe)

problem is we're among those under suspicion atm, I don't think I'll be lynched today or tomorrow but you definitely have a chance, chickadee's slot's earlygame scumminess was forgotten about though, although your slot hasn't been there all of D1 and not just the beginning
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Cool. I think I should be able to get out of suspicion here - it's just PoE because my slot's done nothing, and I should be able to shake that off.

I'm worried about you longer term. The way you are playing is very contentful, which means you aren't going to get many strong reads on you either way. The moment easy mislynches run out, you might well be next up; it's looking hard for you to get to LYLO. What do you feel about doing a significant push on someone?

For mislynches - I agree on dunker and dreal, and think the third is very not obvious. Probably no need to look that far ahead; there seem to be lots of role-based shenanigans that will throw spokes in the wheel before then.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm going to take this opportunity to try to antagonise Wheme. Maybe that will get me investigated.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

We really can't afford for dunkers to drop out of the lynch pool here. So I'm pushing quite hard on the angle that the rolecop doesn't clear him; that's a bit of a risk, but I think a necessary one. It's frustrating, because the same investigation on me would "clear" me in exactly the same way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Bye bye McMenno. Just me now, and not for long. My gambit to get investigated by a cop failed (if there even is such a thing), and I can't see a way out now. Pondering various roleclaims; but I think I'll only avoid the lynch by claiming a role that can confirm itself as obvtown tonight (something like suicide bomber is the least likely to get lynched). And that means I get lynched tomorrow. What I'm currently trying to think of is a claim that:
1) Can be confirmed tonight.
2) Won't stop a cop from investigating me.
I'm not going to draw this out for another day if I don't see any path to victory.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”