Micro 767: Spyro the Dragon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 289, garaputo wrote:
In post 288, Kublai Khan wrote:Neat. I was right.

VOTE: Wisdom
Grats. I was sort of in the let's kill AFM wagon too. :hifive:
VOTE: garaputo

This just seems... Off.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:06 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 300, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 289, garaputo wrote:
In post 288, Kublai Khan wrote:Neat. I was right.

VOTE: Wisdom
Grats. I was sort of in the let's kill AFM wagon too. :hifive:
VOTE: garaputo

This just seems... Off.
Welcome back to the pool, try not to keep peeing in it?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I'll stop when you do

garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 302, Radical Rat wrote:I'll stop when you do
I'll take that pepsi challenge!

I am quite happy with the people I've claimed are scummy, of the 2 one of them is dead and confirmed scum.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by garaputo »

Congrats UC Voyager on being the next to meet the 2 days without posting mark!

I'll now resume watching paint dry and making posts 12 hours apart without anyone posting in between.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

hell yea. hard claim prod immunity!
now i want to do some DKA. day kill analysis
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

ok. looking through AFM's iso. they town read radical rat. that was earlier, so im not as confidante in that eing AI for rad rat. I think that gara is probably town based of the DK. and i might want to iso a few other people and look for interactions
so...i don't get enough sleep
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 304, garaputo wrote:Congrats UC Voyager on being the next to meet the 2 days without posting mark!

I'll now resume watching paint dry and making posts 12 hours apart without anyone posting in between.
"look at me, i'm so active"

if you care so much about getting the game moving, why not provide some actual content for other people to work off of? you haven't said anything of substance since the flip.

personally, i think the fact that beeboy was specifically a day two vig makes it more likely that ucv is scum, following along with the theory that there's a town pr and a scum pr for each day. of course, it could be the case that day one there's two town prs and the same for scum day two, but i doubt this. beeboy's also makes it likely to me that they were teamed.

the knowledge of the dayvig does cast the massclaim in a new light, however. while it was initially proposed by the ic, this post:
In post 116, Radical Rat wrote:I don't see why not.
Generally the reason to avoid claiming early is to not get killed, but with no nights that's not an issue right?
gives me pause. yes, it's certainly a reasonable assumption, but the way it's framed makes me slightly suspicious.

VOTE: ucv
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 307, northsidegal wrote:
In post 304, garaputo wrote:Congrats UC Voyager on being the next to meet the 2 days without posting mark!

"look at me, i'm so active"

if you care so much about getting the game moving, why not provide some actual content for other people to work off of? you haven't said anything of substance since the flip.

personally, i think the fact that beeboy was specifically a day two vig makes it more likely that ucv is scum, following along with the theory that there's a town pr and a scum pr for each day. of course, it could be the case that day one there's two town prs and the same for scum day two, but i doubt this. beeboy's also makes it likely to me that they were teamed.

the knowledge of the dayvig does cast the massclaim in a new light, however. while it was initially proposed by the ic, this post:
In post 116, Radical Rat wrote:I don't see why not.
Generally the reason to avoid claiming early is to not get killed, but with no nights that's not an issue right?
gives me pause. yes, it's certainly a reasonable assumption, but the way it's framed makes me slightly suspicious.

VOTE: ucv
On the contrary - I find being able to post walk away for 12+ hours and come back to my own post a sign that no one is active, including myself.

Regardless having people here to bounce ideas of sort of helps for playing the game, I'm glad you came back. I tend to get my reads by interacting with people, something I also mentioned in my 230:
In post 230, garaputo wrote:
In post 229, BuJaber wrote: That puts them at the center of this game. If town they need to assume leadership responsibility and help us win the game. If they don't actively do this insta-lynch. If scum, I suspect that we will be able to find this out. This much power leaks from the pores and we'll sniff it out.

Sort of. Everyone needs to be accountable, it's not like the rest of the game can go on a vacation and expect those against the claim to just solve the game. Basically apply this standard, but to everyone.
I think people that weren't scumreading AFM are a good potential targets for a noose now, and you would be one such person nsg.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Analysis of Alisaes French Maid's play
Random(?) vote on garaputo
Early townread + defense of Radical Rat
Questioning northsidegal
Throws shade on UC Voyager
votes northsidegal
anti-mass claim

I dunno. This play sample really casts most suspicion on UC Voyager. A little scum distancing, but no vote. Plus I still feel like it's a scum counter-balance to my role. (Day 1 fight)
VOTE: UC Voyager

@UC Voyager: Walk me through your thought process behind your play. Why did you claim unprompted? Why did feel the need to clarify that it's Day 1 ability only? Why didn't you do both in the same post?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 308, garaputo wrote: I think people that weren't scumreading AFM are a good potential targets for a noose now,
why? i wouldn't say it's as if there was any sort of large push on afm that scum would've tried to resist. i didn't scumread him because there was almost nothing from him to go off of. seems a little disingenuous honestly. there's nothing to say that scum wouldn't have given a scumlean on their buddy in afm's absence.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 310, northsidegal wrote:
In post 308, garaputo wrote: I think people that weren't scumreading AFM are a good potential targets for a noose now,
why? i wouldn't say it's as if there was any sort of large push on afm that scum would've tried to resist. i didn't scumread him because there was almost nothing from him to go off of. seems a little disingenuous honestly.
there's nothing to say that scum wouldn't have given a scumlean on their buddy in afm's absence
An even less compelling argument than the one you called disingenuous, don't you think?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by northsidegal »

hm? i'm not making that as an argument, i'm saying that it's an equally likely possibility, in my opinion.

things fall apart
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 312, northsidegal wrote:hm? i'm not making that as an argument, i'm saying that it's an equally likely possibility, in my opinion.
Saying that is *equally* likely is itself a less convincing argument than my opinion you call disingenuous.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by garaputo »

You can buy a lotto ticket and claim "there are only 2 outcomes, I win or I lose, so I have a 50/50 shot" but that just means you don't understand probabilities.

By your own account AFM had done nothing to demonstrate towniness, so folks townreading or not at least partially in favor of an AFM vote should absolutely have some suspicion given the flip.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 314, garaputo wrote:You can buy a lotto ticket and claim "there are only 2 outcomes, I win or I lose, so I have a 50/50 shot" but that just means you don't understand probabilities.

By your own account AFM had done nothing to demonstrate towniness, so folks townreading or not at least partially in favor of an AFM vote should absolutely have some suspicion given the flip.
i'm a little insulted that you think so poorly of my statistical reasoning. yes, afm hadn't done much, but not everyone approaches the game the same way you do. i'm not a fan of lurker lynches so i'd be hesitant to vote someone who i have as null over someone i actively scumread. unless you're going to make a meta argument as to someone typically willing to vote lurkers but not doing so in this case, i think "the people who townread the flipped scum are themselves scum" is an overly simplistic viewpoint.

things fall apart
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

@garaputo - What's your current read on UC Voyager?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 315, northsidegal wrote:
In post 314, garaputo wrote:You can buy a lotto ticket and claim "there are only 2 outcomes, I win or I lose, so I have a 50/50 shot" but that just means you don't understand probabilities.

i'm a little insulted that you think so poorly of my statistical reasoning. yes, afm hadn't done much, but not everyone approaches the game the same way you do. i'm not a fan of lurker lynches so i'd be hesitant to vote someone who i have as null over someone i actively scumread. unless you're going to make a meta argument as to someone typically willing to vote lurkers but not doing so in this case, i think "the people who townread the flipped scum are themselves scum" is an overly simplistic viewpoint.
I just don't actually think you *really believe* that those things you said were equally likely, in fact are *equally likely*

I was sort of exaggerating to emphasize that.

I also don't think you can bounce the ideas "not everyone approaches the game as you do" up against the idea that you think I'm being disingenuous in so short a span of posts and actually mean both.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 316, Kublai Khan wrote:@garaputo - What's your current read on UC Voyager?
I think you and I take the way UCV revealed the doublevote and day restriction in pretty opposite ways. I have a slight town read on UCV because of that, but I will review.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by garaputo »

That didn't take long, looking back I see a few attempts to defend me that have me a bit weary of being pocketed, but nothing that jumps out at me as scummy based on the AFM flip.

I sort of agree with the pokes at Bu in and his argument in obviously applied to AFM
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 317, garaputo wrote:I also don't think you can bounce the ideas "not everyone approaches the game as you do" up against the idea that you think I'm being disingenuous in so short a span of posts and actually mean both.
"people townreading scum are themselves scum" doesn't seem like an idea that i would expect you to hold, so you putting it forward seems strange to me. it's likely that my initial impression of you is what was off, but i don't think those two ideas are contrasting or conflicting at all.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm not sure how else you guys expected ucv to reveal the double vote. like, would you expect scum to quickhammer someone with it? that would practically be suicide.

things fall apart
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

You know, I actually had the same thought about Voyager but dismissed it as probably NAI and I was being paranoid.

If it's not just me though...
VOTE: UC Voyager

garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 321, northsidegal wrote:i'm not sure how else you guys expected ucv to reveal the double vote. like, would you expect scum to quickhammer someone with it? that would practically be suicide.
UCV didn't have to own up to the restriction on it.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 320, northsidegal wrote:
In post 317, garaputo wrote:I also don't think you can bounce the ideas "not everyone approaches the game as you do" up against the idea that you think I'm being disingenuous in so short a span of posts and actually mean both.
"people townreading scum are themselves scum" doesn't seem like an idea that i would expect you to hold, so you putting it forward seems strange to me. it's likely that my initial impression of you is what was off, but i don't think those two ideas are contrasting or conflicting at all.
Yeah I think you are talking past me towards your strawman. I said that people townreading scum are a good place to look for scum. These are not nearly the same thing.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”