JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:42 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

How does me posting about the unfortunate nature of previous townies in this setup make you want to Lynch me? Did the news unsettle you that much?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 250, JaydragonKing wrote:How does me posting about the unfortunate nature of previous townies in this setup make you want to Lynch me? Did the news unsettle you that much?
How does you posting about the unfortunate nature of previous townies in this setup actually help anyone? I assume you have a finite amount of time to play. If you spend that time doing/saying useless things (like you've been doing), people will suspect you for it.

My reads haven't shifted so far. I'm getting the standard "top-tier player" read from fitz, which is that he has good thoughts and adds to the discussion, but he would also obviously be doing all that as scum. So we'll wait a bit on locking that read.

Lynchpool is still basically RedFlavor and Jay.

@fitz:
Impede-scum is an unpopular choice. Sell me/the rest of the class on it? Would be good to have competing wagons.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 am

Post by yessiree »

VC 1.9

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

RedFlavor (4) -
momo, Mathdino, Almost50, sheepsaysmeep
JaydragonKing (2) -
Creature, havingfitz
UnabombaH (1) -
Impede
Mathdino (1) -
Kop
momo (1) -
RedFlavor
Almost50 (1) -
UnabombaH

Not voting
- Assemblerotws, Hawk, JaydragonKing

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-01-12 08:00:00)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Impede »

In post 247, havingfitz wrote: ...why am I one of your two scum reads?
Mostly for producing posts without content. The catch-up is nice though, so stay tuned. Need to reevaluate a bit.
Town: 5-1 | Scum: 0-1
Permanently on a mental V/LA
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 251, Mathdino wrote:
Lynchpool is still basically RedFlavor and Jay.
im fine with either, i'd go with red > jay
my activity might drop towards eod
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:31 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Me giving the setup history wasn't really useless for those of us who can study the previous uses of this setup for better strats, Dino. People can disagree with what I said, but none of what I've said is truly useless. The fact that you consider stuff like that useless is more telling to me, honestly.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: jay
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 255, JaydragonKing wrote:Me giving the setup history wasn't really useless for those of us who can study the previous uses of this setup for better strats, Dino. People can disagree with what I said, but none of what I've said is truly useless. The fact that you consider stuff like that useless is more telling to me, honestly.
Yet I provided you with a better strat informed by my experience with Opens, and you outright denied it until the majority forced you to. You actually thought the hider hiding at all is useless.

You still haven't given me reads.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Again, Instantly changing your mind right after you said something. Very nice, Sheep.

Please demonstrate towards the class your answer and your personal reasoning. This project will be worth 20% of your final grade.

--- Post Edit ---

I gave my reasoning on that if the Hider decided to not hide, it was still a strategy that could work. I never ever said Hiding was useless, just that not hiding was an option. Will post my reads list next then, since you want it so badly.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

my vote will sit here
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 258, JaydragonKing wrote:Again, Instantly changing your mind right after you said something. Very nice, Sheep.

Please demonstrate towards the class your answer and your personal reasoning. This project will be worth 20% of your final grade.
"it's scummy to change your mind given new evidence"
"everyone else has to give reasoning but not me"
"i can be condescending but no one else can"

VOTE: Jay

This is a distraction. We have enough players to spend a lynch on a LyLo liability. Ideally a tight wagon will motivate better play.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Impede »

In post 245, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 244, Impede wrote:
In post 241, RedFlavor wrote:If he was mislynched in other games it does not mean that he is town every game and he is most likely scum in this game
Why do you say he is most likely scum?
he definitely answered this iirc, this feels like asking a question for the sake of asking a question
He did answer it, but the consensus was/is that it was a weak answer. Giving him an opportunity to provide a real scumread that has nothing to do with the "double voting" crap. Otherwise, it seems to me that he'd acknowledge that his vote rationale is flimsy and remove it.

Also, this isn't accomplishing anything right now. UNVOTE:

pedit: The case on Red is good. Dude comes off opportunistic and not really interested in advancing any meaningful discussion.

I want to throw this out there though: What if Red is just bad/newb town? Are we cool with policy lynching? It seems to me based on other play I've seen from him that there's a decent chance he's just a careless player and may just be throwing out bad content just to keep active.

As far as policy lynching goes, I love policy lynching and will string someone up in a heartbeat if there's a decent chance they are either scum or just bad/lurking. Just want to be sure that we're convinced that he's either NOT newbtowning or that we SHOULD be policy lynching.

pedit2: Jay, I agree. Need to see a real readslist from you. Doesn't have to have all the justification there I suppose, as long as you'll field questions.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am

Post by Impede »

In post 184, Mathdino wrote: You'd be even less believable if you claimed hider and then said "whoops I don't have any results to share with
the class
".
In post 251, Mathdino wrote:
@fitz:
Impede-scum is an unpopular choice. Sell me/
the rest of the class
on it? Would be good to have competing wagons.
In post 258, JaydragonKing wrote: Please demonstrate towards
the class
your answer and your personal reasoning.
This project will be worth 20% of your final grade.
Just found this lol. Jay is one-upping your "class" analogy pretty hard.

In all seriousness though, a few questions:

1) I'm thinking that a lot of Jay's behavior is somewhat likely to be frustration-driven because he's been ragged on this entire game.
@Math
, are you confident that his scummy behavior (it IS scummy) isn't just a result of being badgered?
2)
@Sheep
, you literally just got done saying that you preferred Red over Jay. It made sense to me at the time, but now you're on the Jaywagon. Why did you prefer Red over Jay initially and what changed your mind?
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

The highly requested reads of Elsa Jay - Version 1, prototype build.

The lovely townies: Momo and Kop!
*applause*
The almost townies: Hawk and Almost50!
*whistles from the crowd*
The Null Masterminds: UnaBombaH, Assemblerotws, havingfitz, and Impede!
*bowing*
The guys I just can't see as allies and may or may not be scum: MathDino and Sheepsaysmeep.
*crickets*
The Evildoers: Creature and RedFlavor!
*boos and pitchforks*

That concludes the first reads list of today. The audience is open to asking for any particular questions of why they or someone else is in a certain spot. Feel free to get some popcorn and drinks as a Lynch mob forms on me.
BRB as Elsa Jay tries to get reliable internet access before joining any other games. Also trying to get gud at Mafia. PS: Sorry for bailing out on ya Dino. Go check out Clownspiricy anyway! Still very fun to read!
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Impede »

In post 255, JaydragonKing wrote:Me giving the setup history wasn't really useless for those of us who can study the previous uses of this setup for better strats, Dino. People can disagree with what I said, but none of what I've said is truly useless. The fact that you consider stuff like that useless is more telling to me, honestly.
Useless is when you say "OMG GUYS NOOOO WE'RE GONNA LOSE NOW (statistically)". If you want to be useful, you should propose a way that we should go about this game. Do you have any proposals or, better yet, any suspicions relevant to our ACTUAL game that we are in right now as opposed to games that have been played in the past which have no bearing on today?

pedit: That's the most bizarre readslist I could possibly think of for this game. It literally just looks like one giant OMGUS to me.

Why do you scumread Creature and townread Kop? Also, don't ignore my other question in this post.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:27 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

My town read comes from my earlier conversation with Kop, because he didn't just drag me through the dirt more for making a mistake and isn't advocating "policy Lynch" like Dino every other post. His posts also seem like a town agenda to me. Likewise with Momo, but particularly because of his annoyance with the multi-votes and my gut agreeing that he's townie.

The almost town is have big moments in the game so far and honestly seem to want too find scum. They're the leans.

The Nulls is due to Una not being around recently and Assemble not being here period. Fits vote on me honestly can make a little bit of sense with his reasoning, and your currently moving your way up to townlean, Impede.

I agree with most of the reasons of why Red is scum, and Creature is there because not only is his RVS vote still on me after all this time, his only relevant comment recently was answering Math's general question to everyone in one sentence only after Dino shit on me for saying "none", he didn't want the same thing and just said it to say he was there.

As for Dino? I'm not even going to try to read him right now because, like you said, the fustration and his constant shitting on anything I do makes me want to Lynch him for no other reason then to just increase my enjoyment of the game. But not only is that hurtful to town, it also is just going to make me look worse. I want to actually contribute nicely, but I decided to also be a shithead and post my reads the way I did if for no other reason then to annoy him.

Sheep has literally changed his mind Instantly after saying things twice. His name is accurate. He doesn't seem like he wants to help town but instead get rid of whoever someone else wants to get rid of, probably to get on their good side.

Answering your first question, Impede: Yeah, I say Creature is a possible choice as Scum. I say he should be put towards the center of attention now to see what he does.

VOTE: Creature
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 265, JaydragonKing wrote:I want to actually contribute nicely, but I decided to also be a shithead and post my reads the way I did if for no other reason then to annoy him.
you failed

i am genuinely entertained by your reads list and this makes me slightly less likely to policy lynch you

but yeah moving on
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:52 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I have a feeling I'm missing a vital part of someones progression here when I read pages 5-10.

I also want everyone to try again on who they scumread/want to lynch for today.
Both Elsa and Red are on the table as lynch-candidates, but I have reason to believe I already found scum, and his buddies conveniently "missed" the tells.
Turning towards the easy target (Elsa) right now makes me think there's already scum in the wagon.. :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Impede »

In post 265, JaydragonKing wrote:My town read comes from my earlier conversation with Kop, because he didn't just drag me through the dirt more for making a mistake and isn't advocating "policy Lynch" like Dino every other post. His posts also seem like a town agenda to me. Likewise with Momo, but particularly because of his annoyance with the multi-votes and my gut agreeing that he's townie.

The almost town is have big moments in the game so far and honestly seem to want too find scum. They're the leans.

The Nulls is due to Una not being around recently and Assemble not being here period. Fits vote on me honestly can make a little bit of sense with his reasoning, and your currently moving your way up to townlean, Impede.

I agree with most of the reasons of why Red is scum, and Creature is there because not only is his RVS vote still on me after all this time, his only relevant comment recently was answering Math's general question to everyone in one sentence only after Dino shit on me for saying "none", he didn't want the same thing and just said it to say he was there.

As for Dino? I'm not even going to try to read him right now because, like you said, the fustration and his constant shitting on anything I do makes me want to Lynch him for no other reason then to just increase my enjoyment of the game. But not only is that hurtful to town, it also is just going to make me look worse. I want to actually contribute nicely, but I decided to also be a shithead and post my reads the way I did if for no other reason then to annoy him.

Sheep has literally changed his mind Instantly after saying things twice. His name is accurate. He doesn't seem like he wants to help town but instead get rid of whoever someone else wants to get rid of, probably to get on their good side.

Answering your first question, Impede: Yeah, I say Creature is a possible choice as Scum. I say he should be put towards the center of attention now to see what he does.

VOTE: Creature
Thanks, I think this gives me what I need.

VOTE: Jay
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Impede »

L-2 btw.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

... Can I at least get your reason for your vote now, Impede?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:10 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 267, UnaBombaH wrote:I also want everyone to try again on who they scumread/want to lynch for today.
Both Elsa and Red are on the table as lynch-candidates, but I have reason to believe I already found scum, and his buddies conveniently "missed" the tells.
Turning towards the easy target (Elsa) right now makes me think there's already scum in the wagon..
Please just explain. Game's slow enough that I think you're gonna have to wait a while before you get answers from everyone.

In case you needed more evidence on Una being town, A50, there you go. Scum doesn't write shit like this.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Math: From the looks of it, this game is going to be heavily reliant on night action. There's not much to go by -so far- by day play and anyone could be scum or town, tbh. Which brings me to a point I didn't want to bring before (because it might result in a flame war):

If we're policy lynching, and if you agree the game is more reliant on night action, I'd rather lynch Creature today.

My one and only modded game featured Creature as the N1 Cop, and he didn't bother submitting a target for his ONE SHOT COP on N1, so he's going to be useless both by day and by night, regardless of his alignment.

If we have a better lynch though I'm all for it. If not, that's where I'd be lynching.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Creature »

In post 272, Almost50 wrote:so he's going to be useless both by day and by night, regardless of his alignment.
I have like a lot of games I was one of the most useful town members.

I'm just not very inspired rn and you can see this is sitewide.
Sigh
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Impede »

In post 271, Mathdino wrote:
In post 267, UnaBombaH wrote:I also want everyone to try again on who they scumread/want to lynch for today.
Turning towards the easy target (Elsa) right now makes me think there's already scum in the wagon..
Please just explain. Game's slow enough that I think you're gonna have to wait a while before you get answers from everyone.

In case you needed more evidence on Una being town, A50, there you go. Scum doesn't write shit like this.
Wtf? Epically disagree. I could just as easily argue that he's trying to defuse the wagon by sounding all cryptic and wise, while being non-specific so that he doesn't actually have to have a plan.

Return to “Completed Open Games”