Micro 767: Spyro the Dragon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 323, garaputo wrote:
In post 321, northsidegal wrote:i'm not sure how else you guys expected ucv to reveal the double vote. like, would you expect scum to quickhammer someone with it? that would practically be suicide.
UCV didn't have to own up to the restriction on it.
i don't really see how that's ai.
In post 324, garaputo wrote:
In post 320, northsidegal wrote:
In post 317, garaputo wrote:I also don't think you can bounce the ideas "not everyone approaches the game as you do" up against the idea that you think I'm being disingenuous in so short a span of posts and actually mean both.
"people townreading scum are themselves scum" doesn't seem like an idea that i would expect you to hold, so you putting it forward seems strange to me. it's likely that my initial impression of you is what was off, but i don't think those two ideas are contrasting or conflicting at all.
Yeah I think you are talking past me towards your strawman. I said that people townreading scum are a good place to look for scum. These are not nearly the same thing.
i don't see a huge difference really, but i'm willing to accept that there is one and leave it there.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 318, garaputo wrote:
In post 316, Kublai Khan wrote:@garaputo - What's your current read on UC Voyager?
I think you and I take the way UCV revealed the doublevote and day restriction in pretty opposite ways. I have a slight town read on UCV because of that, but I will review.
Well, the thing that bugs me about the day restriction is that it's unprovable. It might just be a lie to make it seem like his power is nerfed.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 326, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 316, Kublai Khan wrote:@garaputo - What's your current read on UC Voyager?
I think you and I take the way UCV revealed the doublevote and day restriction in pretty opposite ways. I have a slight town read on UCV because of that, but I will review.
Well, the thing that bugs me about the day restriction is that it's unprovable. It might just be a lie to make it seem like his power is nerfed.
Whether or not it's true, it's not necessary to claim it *then*
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 1.11
garaputo (0)-

northsidegal (2)-
garaputo, Wisdom
Wisdom (0)-

Radical Rat (0)-

BuJaber (0)-

UC Voyager (3)-
northsidegal, Kublai Khan, Radical Rat
(L-2)

Kublai Khan (0)-

Not Voting (2)-
BuJaber, UC Voyager

With 7 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2018-01-10 13:15:00) - Jan 10th 13:15 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 325, northsidegal wrote:
In post 323, garaputo wrote:
In post 321, northsidegal wrote:i'm not sure how else you guys expected ucv to reveal the double vote. like, would you expect scum to quickhammer someone with it? that would practically be suicide.
UCV didn't have to own up to the restriction on it.
i don't really see how that's ai.
As I said then, and below, it's not what is being claimed, but when. I think scum in general try to sit on the info they have that the town doesn't have.
In post 325, northsidegal wrote:
In post 324, garaputo wrote:
In post 320, northsidegal wrote:
In post 317, garaputo wrote:I also don't think you can bounce the ideas "not everyone approaches the game as you do" up against the idea that you think I'm being disingenuous in so short a span of posts and actually mean both.
"people townreading scum are themselves scum" doesn't seem like an idea that i would expect you to hold, so you putting it forward seems strange to me. it's likely that my initial impression of you is what was off, but i don't think those two ideas are contrasting or conflicting at all.
Yeah I think you are talking past me towards your strawman. I said that people townreading scum are a good place to look for scum. These are not nearly the same thing.
i don't see a huge difference really, but i'm willing to accept that there is one and leave it there.
Fair enough. I do think there is a big difference between saying "this pool is a good source of potential lynches" and "everyone in this pool is scum for sure"

I
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 328, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 1.11
garaputo (0)-

northsidegal (0)-

Wisdom (0)-

Radical Rat (0)-

BuJaber (0)-

UC Voyager (3)-
(L-2)

Kublai Khan (0)-

Not Voting (4)-
garaputo, Wisdom, BuJaber, UC Voyager

@mod: Is missed accidentally and meant to be in the above count? I'm asking in case something else is surpressing it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 330, garaputo wrote:
VC 1.11
garaputo (0)-

northsidegal (0)-

Wisdom (0)-

Radical Rat (0)-

BuJaber (0)-

UC Voyager (3)-
(L-2)

Kublai Khan (0)-

Not Voting (4)-
garaputo, Wisdom, BuJaber, UC Voyager

@mod: Is missed accidentally and meant to be in the above count? I'm asking in case something else is surpressing it.
It was missed, fixed
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 327, garaputo wrote:
I guess I'm figuring that they knew they had a Day 2 vig and a Day 1 vig existed, therefore they knew single-day powers were a re-occurring motif in this game.

I'll grant that it's pure speculation plus the Alisaes French Maid non-vote is what's nagging at me. I'll give a hard look at your northsidegal case tomorrow.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

VC 1.11
garaputo (0)-

northsidegal (0)-

Wisdom (0)-

Radical Rat (0)-

BuJaber (0)-

UC Voyager (4)-
garaputo, northsidegal, Kublai Khan, Radical Rat
(L-2)

Kublai Khan (0)-

Not Voting (3)-
Wisdom, BuJaber, UC Voyager

@mod
: Is this accurate? garaputo is voting UC Voyager and not northsidegal?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 333, Kublai Khan wrote:
VC 1.11
garaputo (0)-

northsidegal (0)-

Wisdom (0)-

Radical Rat (0)-

BuJaber (0)-

UC Voyager (4)-
garaputo, northsidegal, Kublai Khan, Radical Rat
(L-2)

Kublai Khan (0)-

Not Voting (3)-
Wisdom, BuJaber, UC Voyager

@mod
: Is this accurate? garaputo is voting UC Voyager and not northsidegal?
Wow, your mod is sleepy and dumb. Fixed
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by garaputo »

In post 332, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 327, garaputo wrote:
I guess I'm figuring that they knew they had a Day 2 vig and a Day 1 vig existed, therefore they knew single-day powers were a re-occurring motif in this game.

I'll grant that it's pure speculation plus the Alisaes French Maid non-vote is what's nagging at me. I'll give a hard look at your northsidegal case tomorrow.
You'll note nsg never answered the question in

The themes of the case on nsg are covered here:

I obviously was pro the vig on AFM, Radical Rat, and nsg, and of those, one is dead scum, one is here participating and one is radical rat.

I haven't really switched to RR because I don't get two votes, but I'd be happy with that lynch too.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I find it suspicious people are going after UCV. Of coure I know I'm town. See I don't think any scum would reveal a strong power like double vote so early on day 1, unprompted, and vote both on someone they know is town.

Nobody answered my question regarding a double lynch.

I also agree with nsg that garaputo while not wrong is oversimplifying the situation and is being too picky regarding the word choices of nsg.

If double lynch rat and nsg simultaneously (UCV hammers both)
If that isn't possible rat has always been my scumlean.

VOTE: Radical Rat
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Post by BuJaber »

To further explain my analysis of UCV; if you think both of us are scum then his play makes sense but if only he is scum it doesn't. 3 scum would be seriously op in a game this size so that scenario is out.
If you don't believe I'm town that's obviously different and I'll try to change your mind but in this case you would vote for me not UCV. Therefore ucv votes are suspicious.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Mod: isn't it only 4 required to lynch with 7 alive (7/2 + 1 rounded down)? Or is 5 specific to this game?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:48 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 338, BuJaber wrote:Mod: isn't it only 4 required to lynch with 7 alive (7/2 + 1 rounded down)? Or is 5 specific to this game?
It's 5 because there are currently 8 votes in play
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Ok so double vote is not as powerful as I thought and the double lynch is impossible.

I still say rat but now I think UCV could be scum because it wouldn't be op.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 am

Post by garaputo »

In post 336, BuJaber wrote: I also agree with nsg that garaputo while not wrong is oversimplifying the situation and is being too picky regarding the word choices of nsg.
Did you miss the part where it was nsg calling my opinion disingenuous and me replying to that, or does your criticism of me being to picky about word choices persist despite it being me defending myself?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

@Mod
Im voting north
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:21 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 341, garaputo wrote:
In post 336, BuJaber wrote: I also agree with nsg that garaputo while not wrong is oversimplifying the situation and is being too picky regarding the word choices of nsg.
Did you miss the part where it was nsg calling my opinion disingenuous and me replying to that, or does your criticism of me being to picky about word choices persist despite it being me defending myself?
Yes I am saying that my criticism is independent of your disagreement. I felt that you made too big a deal on the wording. That may be because him calling you disengenious upset you and that's undeestandable. But if you want to have a logical argument you need to look beyond the words and at the message itself. Especially that nsg even if town will never agree on your orginal point that scum are among those that didn't scum read AFM. Well he might but then he would have to exclude himself as a suspect and simultaneously scumread one of the other players that didn't scumread (because if he didn't then it would mean he doesn't agree). Also both of you will post based on the perspective of a townie even if you're not. So neither of you can be sure of each other's alignment. That means when nsg responds to you he is looking for scumtells too and that is probably what led him to (falsely if you want my opinion) detect a hint of disnigenuousness.

This train of thought is starting to hurt my own brain so I doubt I'll be able to explain further without it sounding like complete gibberish.
Just so nobody misunderstands I am making a general point. I am not talking about my reads on garaputo or nsg. My reads have nothing to do with me criticising the argument. As I've said garaputo has been and still is a strong townread for me and nsg is my second scum pick after Rat. I can still agree or disagree with them regardless of how I'm reading them.
garaputo
garaputo
Goon
garaputo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:50 am

Post by garaputo »

Fair enough. Not sure where everyone else is but the bulk of my day today is clearing snow. I'll be back after the next round of shoveling and some cocoa to discuss further.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:18 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 336, BuJaber wrote:I find it suspicious people are going after UCV. Of coure I know I'm town. See I don't think any scum would reveal a strong power like double vote so early on day 1, unprompted, and vote both on someone they know is town.
huh? are you saying he would only use it on his scumbuddy? why? also, same question i asked other people: how else would you expect him to reveal it?

things fall apart
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:37 am

Post by BuJaber »

The way he did it yes. Because it was a little early for a lynch. So he could pull them back.
But why would he use his power like that as scum. He could do it one vote at a time. Like test the waters on lynch candidates with one 1 vote and then decide if he wants to put the other vote there. Better still he could keep one vote on a scum buddy. That way if he needs to bus he can.

This was all before I knew that double vote increases the number required for lynch. Now it's possible for him to be scum in my eyes but still doesn't really explain how he's using it. Unless he's just clueless as to how he should utilize it as scum. Therefore probably town.

I am assuming of course he has control over each vote separetly that's the impression I got when he said 'unvote both' if it works like a normal vote and just counts twice then all my logic doesn't apply.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hmm.. Good points, actually.

UNVOTE: UC Voyager

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 346, BuJaber wrote:The way he did it yes. Because it was a little early for a lynch. So he could pull them back.
But why would he use his power like that as scum. He could do it one vote at a time. Like test the waters on lynch candidates with one 1 vote and then decide if he wants to put the other vote there.
i mean, that's pretty much what he did, though:
Spoiler:
In post 93, UC Voyager wrote:This is fair
UNVOTE: rat it was RVS
VOTE: Bu
In post 94, UC Voyager wrote:In fact
VOTE: BU
Better still he could keep one vote on a scum buddy. That way if he needs to bus he can.
you realize he could always just start bussing by just moving both of his votes, right?

things fall apart
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 am

Post by BuJaber »

He voted twice in a row in 2 consecutive posts that doesn't count as testing the waters. He was doubling down.

As for your other question yes he can but wouldn't that be more suspicious?

Say ucv and player A is scum, player B is town:

Scenario 1: Ucv votes A, game progresses, people vote for A, ucv puts down his double vote when he thinks it's inevitable (probably hammer or L-1). "Yeah guys I always thought he was scum"

Scenario 2: People start voting for A, UCV votes for A twice, someone (UCV or anyone else doesn't matter much) hammers. People start analyzing the votes.. "why did ucv jump on that wagon?"

Scenario 3: same as 1 but replace A with B. B flips town easy to come up with excuses.

Scenario 4: same as 2 but replace A with B. UCV just helped end the day early to a mislynch.

Scenarios 2 and 4 would be way worse than 1 and 3 for scum UCV.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”