Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Wormhole »

idk. I'm not scumreading you on meta, but because of things you did here.

Why do you even care what I think about you given that you're scumreading me?

Like, why are you trying to talk me out of it instead of just calling me lying scum or something?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

ok
you're lying scum

the thing is everyone else basically townreads you so like if i just call you lying scum i get lynched.

im trying to provide reasoning behind my reads and giving thoughts.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

all those posts also aren't directed at you, they're for anybody to read basically. i just posted them after you asked for explanations so.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 968, Wormhole wrote:
In post 966, Fishythefish wrote:I agree - "fakeclaiming cop as town" is definitely near the top of my theories here. However,
I'd feel pretty stupid lynching dunkers if there's a real cop inno on him
. I guess we could just ignore the claim unless/until Wheme makes it convincing

Nothing has changed since my catchup on Dunk - he's weakly scum to me. His posting is mostly stuff I can't read because it doesn't make much sense to me; he clearly doesn't think about this game in the same way I do.
The one bit of the case that makes sense is that he *may* have given away that he knew Fykus was town

Could you summarise why you think Dunk is scum?
Idk, I just don't think fake-claiming is that scummy for *wheme* in particular. And you haven't expressed a super big interest in lynching dunker right now, so the italics is kinda a weird phrasing for me.
In post 894, Fishythefish wrote:The one bit that sticks out for me is 548. This was clearly written with an assumption that Fykus was town. That is quite likely because dunker knows that for sure.
What changed between the above and the bolded?

Case on Dunk (and his predecessor) is discussed in: , , , , ,

tldr: Fen had a bizarre progression on Creature and then disappeared when he was under pressure. Dunk wanted to hammer anyone within hammering range, regardless of his read on them, and I think that is actually kinda damning.

--s
I don't know wheme; I was thinking about it being a fake-claim as either alignment because a) it looks fake and b) it makes no sense for scum or town.

The italics - dunkers is both a decent and likely lynch. That means it's important we work out whether cop innos on him are real or not.

Nothing much changed on 548 for me. I think:
- When Wheme made 548, he was assuming Fykus was town.
- That may be because he knew that (and is scum), or for some other reason (which is null). It's hard to say exactly how likely each of those are; it's a decent point against him but certainly not cast-iron.

On the rest of the dunk case:
- I'd totally forgotten Fenraiser when summarising Dunk. Silly me. Yep, Fenraiser's early play was weird, and your post 150 was one that I completely agreed with while rereading. It feels like Fenraiser doesn't really believe in his reads, which is pretty scummy.
- Alas, I don't think wanting to hammer anything that moves is a good scumtell. There's no real scum motivation - particularly when dunkers replaced in, when a Fykus lynch looked very likely.
- BV's meta in 545 is interesting. But it looks like a pretty small sample.

dunk's roleclaim is actually a small towntell for me. Not for the role itself, but because dunk thought it would get him towncred. Town are more likely to think that; because scum would *know* that the role could be scum.

---

On another note: you said you had thoughts on my catch-up but you lost the post. Is there more you haven't said?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Gorkington »

fishyfish wrote:I was referring to wheme and fen here; they were the two people voting dreal at this point, and you townread them both with no explanation.
kk, honestly forgot i did this. neither of the townleans had anything to do with drealm, was just that i thought, at the time, that they seemed okay when they entered the game. a little while ago id had a really solid streak of just calling out scum on page 1 from awkward tone [enough so that it kind of got to my head and it kind of made my play suffer for making me think i could just rely on my gut to some extent], so im trying to kind of change that but ill probably always be willing to toss out those early gutreads during rvs.
fishyguy wrote:The bit about pushing him and avoiding the wagon was this from post 52: "i feel weird about drealm, but i remember feeling weird about him earlygame during his last towngame so.". There were two votes on drealm at that point - the two people you had unexplained townreads on in that same post. I think you'd care about avoiding being on it to avoid conflict, rather than directly because you'd look bad on a lynch.
kind of confused as to why youre taking the comment as me implying drealm looks bad, when to me it kind of clearly states hes more likely town or its a NAI feeling that im having. i dont really understand why i would point out that drealm's earlygame is weird as town if i wanted to fan the flames as you seem to think i wanted to here?

honestly just feel like youre stretching to find scum motivation where its probably more likely that i would be scum trying to mimic my townplay, if that makes sense? i dont really understand why i would be worried about what the wagon is at the start of the day given that the first wagon of the game almost never holds. for context, i can remember the rvs wagon going to lynch one time in my very first game on the site. usually people use the first day cycle to completion.
fishyguy wrote:Misa concerned herself for no particular reason about:
- dreal questioning your Creature read aggressively on page 2
- dreal arguing with you about meta on page 3
- You arguing with Firebringer
She seemed to care much, much more about arguments involving you than about anything else in the game.
okay makes more sense with a little more context. her iso doesnt make some of these obvious. (and also, hot tip, if you make a case and you directly pull examples like this, it makes it really easy to understand what youre trying to say, which helps for me to pick at and for other people to understand why you think im scummy)

i guess my biggest response to all of the misa stuff in general is i dont really think scum generally plays the way youre implying they play like here? these are a lot of associating posts for her to drop about me. some of them are super blatant.
do you, as scum, focus entirely on your partners? have you seen people do that? i really want to stress this part. i know sometimes you feel like something is scummy, but if you stop and think about how many times youve seen scum do something, you kind of realize that it actually is more of a feeling than an actual general scumtell.

at the end of the day, misa probably wanted to seem like she was generating as much content as she needed to, to look town. she wanted to seem like she was scumhunting, so she picked fire and i's conversation because it honestly does look weird to anyone who doesnt know us and then latched onto it in order to drop a vote on fire and look like she had a read with reasoning behind it. if you think im scum with her because she had awkward interactions with me while doing so, thats totally fine, i just think its a serious stretch to think that misa would have been protecting me, given that i was definitely not in any kind of trouble.

if you feel differently still, wont press the issue, just wanted to make my thoughts clear.
dunk wrote:fish and gork both make good points on each other, honestly it feels tvt but i couldn't tell
[/quote]are you sure you read what i was saying? because im not calling fish scummy.
reading is next.
trash
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Wormhole »

In post 978, Fishythefish wrote:I don't know wheme; I was thinking about it being a fake-claim as either alignment because a) it looks fake and b) it makes no sense for scum or town.
Agree, which is basically why I think it's NAI.
In post 978, Fishythefish wrote:That may be because he knew that (and is scum), or for some other reason (which is null). It's hard to say exactly how likely each of those are; it's a decent point against him but certainly not cast-iron.
In post 894, Fishythefish wrote:This was clearly written with an assumption that Fykus was town. That is quite likely because dunker knows that for sure.
So my point is that in 894, you clearly indicate that you believe that Dunk wrote that post knowing that Fykus is town. In 978 (and the bolded in 966), I kinda feel like you're downplaying the strength of this argument.

You went from 'that is quite likely because Dunker knows that for sure' -> 'he *may* have given away that he knew Dunk is town' -> 'decent point against him but certainly not cast-iron'. You went from agreeing with it to downplaying it's significance, and I'm trying to understand what happened to change your view on this point against Dunk.
In post 978, Fishythefish wrote:dunk's roleclaim is actually a small towntell for me. Not for the role itself, but because dunk thought it would get him towncred. Town are more likely to think that; because scum would *know* that the role could be scum.
I don't understand this point. Why would scum *know* that motion detector could be scum? (And not, say, any other role).

I agree that Dunk thought it would get him towncred, which is explicitly why I think it's scummy. I don't see the town motivation for softing there.
In post 978, Fishythefish wrote:On another note: you said you had thoughts on my catch-up but you lost the post. Is there more you haven't said?
Yeah but I realized that there's a couple of points I want to talk with BV about before I post them and he hasn't been super around for the past couple of days. Also I'm intrigued by the you/Gork interaction and I want to see it play out naturally without directly intervening by providing commentary for now.

--s
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

Post by jjh927 »

Votecount 2.03

DunkerdoodlesL-3McMenno, Firebringer, Wormhole
drealmerz7L-4Smocaine, Whemestar
McMennoL-5drealmerz7
FishythefishL-5Chickadee
GorkingtonL-5Fishythefish
WormholeL-5Dunkerdoodles
Not Voting---Gorkington

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch.

The lynch deadline is in (expired on 2018-01-14 23:00:00).
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 967, Dunkerdoodles wrote:i'm also somewhat-confirmed role wise so

on the fykus thing, i probably worded it badly, so that's my fault. i ment to say if he does flip town i would be lynched most likely cause i hammered him. if he flips scum i obviously wouldn't be in as much trouble, i thought that was obvious when i posted it so i just said what would happen if he flipped town
your role doesn't matter, there's already been three "soft-confirmed" roles revealed (miller, vigilante and hard-confirmed friendly neighbor)
In post 971, Dunkerdoodles wrote:not going to lie i was also trying to soft some sort of powerful pr to bait a nightkill but apparently that didn't work so
why would scum ever nightkill you even if you were a powerful pr
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by McMenno »

ive not yet read the fishy vs. gork walls
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

theres a cop inno on me, and you call me a "decent and likely lynch"
that makes no sense
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

The cop inno is bullshit and I’m shooting u tonight dunker
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am going to win this game for town without us lynching a single scum.
You all suck hard. Town actually deserves a lose but I’ll carry you scrubs on my back
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

if you're going to shoot me just lynch me instead
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Fire, you've become unenjoyable to play with. Can you stop just prodging with insults?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Lesser lynch pool, but could be swayed
Smocaine
Dunkerdoodles (Though I don't think this is a good use of today's lynch)
McMenno

Lynch pool:
drealmerz7
Gorkington
Fishythefish

I'm already voting Fish.

I'd like everyone to state who their lynch pool is, please
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

wormhole and ur lynch pool
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by Smocaine »

Drealbux:
Dreal

I won't lose any sleep:
Gork
Dunk

Not lynching:
It's secret
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Fire you don't wanna shoot dunker
Im a dog that quacks
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Post by Smocaine »

wHEME, YOUR READ ON ME BB?
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by Smocaine »

In post 993, Smocaine wrote:Wheme your read on me?
caps lock
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 988, Chickadee wrote:Fire, you've become unenjoyable to play with. Can you stop just prodging with insults?
I could just stop if everyone just lynched who I said, we get scum and we can just win the game.
I don’t trust your reads Chickadee. At all.

You lumped dreal, gork, and fish all in the same scum pool.
Show

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:58 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 989, Chickadee wrote:I'd like everyone to state who their lynch pool is, please
atm any1 who is not me/you/fb/wormhole
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

3rd question
Show

Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 am

Post by Smocaine »

Is it red?
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Smocaine »

In post 964, Wormhole wrote:
In post 948, Smocaine wrote:Stop Fishy
I don't remember you doing like anything this dayphase.
So?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”