Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Gorkington »

if theres only one scum left does it matter?
trash
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1047, Gorkington wrote:dunk.
read mcmenno's misa progression.
read it.
and then vote him.
because hes scum.
there isnt a world in which worm is getting lynched today. especially not without a case.
yeah ik but they're still scum
VOTE: mcmenno
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I might shoot Smocaine then I guess
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1050, WhemeStar wrote:But Is Dreal town
Yes
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Gorkington »

would shoot fish first personally.
smocaine's etl push is ridiculously blatant chainsawing of misa to a point of it not really seeming possible.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Gorkington »

additional reading:
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Gorkington »

plus fish called ME scum.
CONFIDENTLY.
and that hurt my feelings.
trash
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1057, Gorkington wrote:plus fish called ME scum.
CONFIDENTLY.
and that hurt my feelings.
lol locktown cause this is funny
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

A lot of people called u scum today.

Everyone’s read on you flipped with fishes case
Show

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Gorkington »

this is why fish deserves to die.
for sullying my good reputation like the scum he is.
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

U had a good reputation?
Show

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by Gorkington »

i wish i had the gun right now.
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

It’s really nice and it matches my shoes.
Show

Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by Smocaine »

VOTE: Fishy Dreal is sus and the fact that no one wants to lynch him despite being everyone's secondary pick last phase is also sus. It's not happening, so I'm cool to lynch the Ectomancer slot.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Post by Smocaine »

In post 622, Ectomancer wrote:ITT I overpromise and underdeliver.

Let's try a different strategy! Read nothing! Vote everything!

WhemeStar talk to me about why you arrived at the point where you feel that saying "Let's just kill someone" was an advisable post?
pointless shade ^
In post 659, Ectomancer wrote:Okay so I'm rolling along kind of reading backwards and feeling a bit lazy. I noticed that we have a couple claims? I think? Anyhow I was thinking "You know Smocaine is looking pretty town, let's call that out and ask for a synopsis from the town in general about these claims."

And then I see this post from Smocaine and start to both panic and get a bit pissed. Because it appears to show less than 21 hours before a deadline and it was a quote!

But it isn't true. I've posted the most recent one that I could find it it has 2 days and 21 hours.

This is what I call putting false pressure on the town. I don't know if it was intentional because it was a nested quote? But I am not happy about it and very much point a
fos
at Smocaine. Why? Because even though it isn't actually the most recent deadline post when you look at the vote count, it still gave ME that impression from a quick once over and DID give me a jolt and want to hurry up and do something before deadline.
In post 656, Smocaine wrote:
In post 496, McMenno wrote:
In post 408, jjh927 wrote:
Votecount 1.07

FykusL-2Gorkington, Creature, McMenno, Smocaine, Whemestar
ChickadeeL-4Fykus, Fenraiser, Firebringer
FenraiserL-5Wormhole, Chickadee
SmocaineL-6drealmerz
FirebringerL-6MisaTange
Not Voting---CityElectric

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch.

The lynch deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-28 02:15:00).

Phonevotecount, apologies if I made any clumsy errors and for lack of pagetop timing.
In post 495, drealmerz7 wrote:egh

VOTE: fenraiser

let's just kill something
In post 625, jjh927 wrote:
Votecount 1.10

drealmerz7L-3Smocaine, Dunkerdoodles, Creature, Fykus
DunkerdoodlesL-4Chickadee, Firebringer, Wormhole
FykusL-4McMenno, drealmerz, Whemestar
ChickadeeL-6Gorkington
FirebringerL-6MisaTange
Not Voting---Ectomancer

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch.

The lynch deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-30 02:15:00).
This isn't a town mindset lol.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Yeah, so calling it "the Ectomancer slot" and quoting two posts only from Ecto when I've now produced the majority of the slot's content is ridiculous. It feels like I've replaced in to your designated mislynch and you want to ignore that.
1) Ecto's first post you quote is not shade. It's a reasonable question.
2) Ecto's second post is weird, sure. Why would scum post it? If you don't have an answer, it's a weirdtell, not a scumtell.
3) What about my play?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Wheme: does your role rule that Dunk being a scum motion detector without a fakeclaim (or a fakeclaim of "town motion detector")? Fakeclaims exist for obviously scummy roles, so I don't see why scum!Dunk would have one beyond his actual role.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 979, Gorkington wrote:i guess my biggest response to all of the misa stuff in general is i dont really think scum generally plays the way youre implying they play like here? these are a lot of associating posts for her to drop about me. some of them are super blatant.
do you, as scum, focus entirely on your partners? have you seen people do that? i really want to stress this part. i know sometimes you feel like something is scummy, but if you stop and think about how many times youve seen scum do something, you kind of realize that it actually is more of a feeling than an actual general scumtell.

at the end of the day, misa probably wanted to seem like she was generating as much content as she needed to, to look town. she wanted to seem like she was scumhunting, so she picked fire and i's conversation because it honestly does look weird to anyone who doesnt know us and then latched onto it in order to drop a vote on fire and look like she had a read with reasoning behind it. if you think im scum with her because she had awkward interactions with me while doing so, thats totally fine, i just think its a serious stretch to think that misa would have been protecting me, given that i was definitely not in any kind of trouble.

if you feel differently still, wont press the issue, just wanted to make my thoughts clear.
On whether scum play like this: I think most don't; I certainly don't. But I think it's a scum reflex to care about your partners, and that newer/less thoughtful/worse scum might have well focus on a buddy. It would be a quite a coincidence if Misa's focus on you was just random; and I think it's very unlikely it's deliberate to set up this line.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@Dunk:
you say you softed a strong PR to draw a kill? Why, given that your role is actually quite strong?
In post 980, Wormhole wrote:
In post 978, Fishythefish wrote:That may be because he knew that (and is scum), or for some other reason (which is null). It's hard to say exactly how likely each of those are; it's a decent point against him but certainly not cast-iron.
In post 894, Fishythefish wrote:This was clearly written with an assumption that Fykus was town. That is quite likely because dunker knows that for sure.
So my point is that in 894, you clearly indicate that you believe that Dunk wrote that post knowing that Fykus is town. In 978 (and the bolded in 966), I kinda feel like you're downplaying the strength of this argument.

You went from 'that is quite likely because Dunker knows that for sure' -> 'he *may* have given away that he knew Dunk is town' -> 'decent point against him but certainly not cast-iron'. You went from agreeing with it to downplaying it's significance, and I'm trying to understand what happened to change your view on this point against Dunk.
I think I went from "X is quite likely" to "X may be true here"? That's a fairly small shift which I think mostly just reflects the fact that I have trouble weighing the probability with any exactness. Like, I think there's definitely a 30-70% chance that Dunk's 584 is a scumslip, and beyond that it's really hard to calibrate.
In post 980, Wormhole wrote:
In post 978, Fishythefish wrote:dunk's roleclaim is actually a small towntell for me. Not for the role itself, but because dunk thought it would get him towncred. Town are more likely to think that; because scum would *know* that the role could be scum.
I don't understand this point. Why would scum *know* that motion detector could be scum? (And not, say, any other role).

I agree that Dunk thought it would get him towncred, which is explicitly why I think it's scummy. I don't see the town motivation for softing there.
Agree on town motivation; I've asked Dunk more about that at the top of this post.

Dunk!motion-detector-scum
is
a scum motion detector, and so knows that motion detector is a completely plausible scum role, and so is less likely to believe that motion detector will get towncred. This pattern of thought isn't totally logical, but I think it's real - I think it's rare that scum think they are going to get massive towncred when claiming their role, because they overestimate the chances of that role being given to scum.
In post 1009, Wormhole wrote:Fish - the tldr is that although I like his content, I feel like it's basically exactly where scum replacing into his slot ought to be pushing, so I'm hesitant to call him town for it; I don't know if the pushes he's making are AI. He could be town trying to get out of a tight spot, but he could well be scum trying to get out of a tight spot too. I feel like he's dancing around his Dunk scumread, and that his scumreads on wheme/mcmenno are slightly oppurtunistic. Like I understand why they're scumreads, but I also feel like if they're town, they're kidna lynchbait-y and are easy pushes. I do like his Gork case though, since me/BV had similar trepidiation about Gork overnight that we had discussed at length
This seems kinda unfair. My main scumread and case is on Gork, which a) is completely new and b) you like. Scumreading me by focusing on my less important reads (which I agree aren't nearly as well thought out or solid) is demanding a really high standard from someone who's replaced in fairly recently.

Agree that Wheme and McMenno are lynchbait-y and easy pushes if town. I have serious trouble sorting that sort of player; in a game where I have quite a lot of townreads, they are going to end up in a PoE scum pile, but it's not a pile I'm happy with.

Dancing around my scumread on Dunk - not sure what you mean by this. I think Dunk is hard to read, and that quite a lot of the reason people are voting him is NAI, but there are a couple of decent points as well. He's a better lynch than most, but not as likely scum as Gork.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 1056, Gorkington wrote:additional reading:
Why is 659 scum? And why is this the first time you've talked about it?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1064, Smocaine wrote:VOTE: Fishy Dreal is sus and the fact that no one wants to lynch him despite being everyone's secondary pick last phase is also sus. It's not happening, so I'm cool to lynch the Ectomancer slot.
dreal kind of seems better with the context that he was trying to underplay because of his role to stay alive. his play today has been closer to what ive expected from town him, especially the firebringer vote.
can you talk to me about mcmenno and the posts i pulled?
In post 1068, Fishythefish wrote:On whether scum play like this: I think most don't; I certainly don't. But I think it's a scum reflex to care about your partners, and that newer/less thoughtful/worse scum might have well focus on a buddy. It would be a quite a coincidence if Misa's focus on you was just random; and I think it's very unlikely it's deliberate to set up this line.
and why exactly is it not coincidence? like, seriously lets run through all of these interactions and you tell me how it doesnt just read like her commenting on the soup de jour?
In post 1069, Fishythefish wrote:Agree that Wheme and McMenno are lynchbait-y and easy pushes if town. I have serious trouble sorting that sort of player; in a game where I have quite a lot of townreads, they are going to end up in a PoE scum pile, but it's not a pile I'm happy with.
are you going to address the posts i pulled about mcenno? because just ignoring them, saying mcmenno is lynchbait and reiterating that im scum is going to make me feel a lot more comfortable thinking youre both scum.
In post 1070, Fishythefish wrote:Why is 659 scum? And why is this the first time you've talked about it?
its an appallingly bad assessment of smocaine's post. you have to not read smocaine's post entirely to not understand why he posted the votecount, which suggests that ecto wasnt reading or trying to understand anything and was just trying to push something that he thought would look convincing.
i responded to it initially thinking it was shitty. i just reread the game, (which you should know, given that i have been promising a reread/i just made catch-up posts that youve conveniently chosen to not really read at all) and i saw the post again.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1018, Gorkington wrote:
In post 101, McMenno wrote:
In post 96, MisaTange wrote:UNVOTE:

Vote was from RvS.
do you think drealmerz was in danger of being lynched? just unvoting and doing nothing else seems counterproductive to me tbh

VOTE: misatange

not a fan
mcmenno wrote:at that point it's not a policy lynch it's just a fucking lynch. why add a superfluous "policy" there

I am fine with this recent wagon though I will keep my eye on misatange still

VOTE: etl
mcmenno wrote:who should I vote gorkington
mcmenno not coming back to misa here is really gross.

VOTE: mcmenno
reiterating because at least four people have checked in without talking about this.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1069, Fishythefish wrote:Agree that Wheme and McMenno are lynchbait-y and easy pushes if town
actually i need to bring this up again.
how is wheme lynch baity?

im pretty sure most people are townreading him and the way he went about his claim was really really town.

why are you lumping mcmenno and wheme together?
trash
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:08 am

Post by jjh927 »

Oh I should buffer post
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”