Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Mathdino »

God Impede, you're so bad under pressure. Gonna explain myself real quick.

Last page, on after post , I did go spend 10 or 15 mins analysing your meta and the previous game. The connections that I thought I saw weren't there. In fact your play is 100% consistent with your town meta. I wasn't gonna immediately unvote though because the utility of extra wagon analysis outweighs the slight risk of getting you lynched.

In post , when I said "Let me do my thing", I thought you'd understand that I was testing a wagon on you. In I wasn't even casing you and never got around to posting my review, because I already believed you were town at that point. Crumbed the reaction test wagon with "let the town do its thing".

Now I honestly don't know anymore. Your reaction in isn't what I'd expect from town!Impede, as someone who respects town!Impede.
UNVOTE:

I'm so confused about this. The people who jumped on after I started the wagon are sheep and momo, both of whom I'm townreading (sheep loses points, I don't think momo can lose points in my book). I'm wondering if Impede is the token mislynch whose wagon consists entirely of townies, or if I'm just wrong and you're actually scum.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 am

Post by yessiree »

VC 1.20

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Creature (5) [L-2] -
JaydragonKing, RedFlavor, Almost50, Hawk, Impede
Impede (4) -
Kop, havingfitz, sheepsaysmeep, momo
Almost50 (1) -
UnabombaH

Not voting
- Creature, Assemblerotws, Mathdino

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2018-01-12 08:00:00)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 670, Mathdino wrote:1. The whole point of .... etc.

3. You know how I play :lol: . Let me do my thing.
For someone who goes by
Mathdino
I think you really suck with COUNTING! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Mathdino »

He made 3 PEdits, and #2 wasn't directed at me so I snipped it out of his quote. Check the post again lol.

While you're here, I need another opinion on Impede.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 699, sheepsaysmeep wrote:no walls pls
Don' listen to them folks. MORE walls please (also some memes of you will). :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 705, Mathdino wrote:While you're here, I need another opinion on Impede.

Did I not give one already? Let me refresh your memory:
Spoiler:
In post 436, Almost50 wrote:@momo: Jay is very likely Town to me. They're just being stubborn and overly confrontational (which is annoying somewhat, but is most certainly a TOWN trait). I also liked their reads, so I'm not really feeling scum!Jay here.

Instead, I invite you to check this out:
In post 152, Impede wrote:Wow what a snoozefest. All the theory talk isn't game-advancing at all. I know Math is posting up a readslist, so I'll do the same. This is mostly gut off of reading the past 2-3 pages.

Momo, Jay
Math, A50

Kop, Hawk

Una, Fitz
-

Everyone else is
null
for lack of content.
In post 161, Impede wrote:However, I don’t like momo’s confidence in townreading A50. Seems contrived.
These quotes are only just over 6 hours apart.

From then on he starts throwing shade on me for everything I say, pushes Jay (and votes him), shades Mathdino, agrees with Una while actively maintaining a SR on him, but never votes him, and totally ignores the discussion when I ask him how he would have had me phrase my thoughts (about Creature) w/o them sounding "overly aggressive" to him.

THIS IS SCUM. Una IS his partner. It's painfully obvious I am astonished others can't see the link. At least Jay agrees Impede is Scum, and both their readlists (they posted two versions) and their progression feel like Town reads/progression, plus -a I said earlier- they're being too confrontational I can hardly see them flipping Scum (only a few select players are that bold as Scum).

So, if Redflavor isn't promising I'm switching to Impede, because Dino obviously won't let me lynch Una first. I'm good with either Una/Impede (and YES, even before Red whom I'd be reevaluating my read on if I'm still alive by tomorrow).

VOTE: Impede

P-edit: I was just thinking to myself the nex vote on Jay would come from Scum. I never saw it to be from Assemble though. :(

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

that was long before impede's reactions
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Mathdino »

That was almost half the game ago, and in my opinion, Una/Impede is a dumbass theory.

Give me something modern.

PEdit: fuck you sheep
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 706, Almost50 wrote:
In post 699, sheepsaysmeep wrote:no walls pls
Don' listen to them folks. MORE walls please (also some memes of you will). :P
rip
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 709, Mathdino wrote:PEdit: fuck you sheep
lol
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:56 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

It's still been my main idea that Creature should be the lynch today. His flip of red will give us all the evidence we need against Impede or even Flavor. That's also where I come in as well.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 709, Mathdino wrote:Give me something modern.
It's funny you should ask someone who's only 5 month away from celebrating his Golden Jubilee for something "modern" :lol: Mate, I was born over 13 months before Neil Armstrong even set foot on the Moon. :P

But seriously, I'm OK lynching Impede or Creature... OR UNABOMBaH! (Yes, I'm THAT stubborn)

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Mathdino »

mfw unironically almost 50, nice :P

Okay but seriously please do read Impede's latest posts and gimme something that doesn't involve Impede being guilty by association with Una (blegh).
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

Reading someone's tone is one of my weaknesses. I rely more on analysis, associations, setup spec, VCA .. etc.

Like, I could do an ISO, but most of it WILL sound forced. Like, in # when he blatantly accuses Jay of being SK, then follows the revelation with "Game solved". Why would TOWN consider the game solved after lynching the SK?

But let's just say that was a joke, and let's also say it was a coincidence his RVS landed on none other than Una.

Now even ignoring the link between Impede on Una I still don't see how he got from to disliking momo's TR on me in (if you're confident momo's Town, why is it odd fro momo to be confident in his TR on someone you already had a Town lean on?)

In for the first incident) yet never once did he vote or even try to interact with Una. (same applies to Impede on Fitz, btw).

In he ONCE AGAIN says Una is likely scum, and STILL NO VOTE AND NO EFFORT TO SORT/PRESSURE Una AT ALL.

Now after having shaded me in for no apparent reason (it's totally NAI.. but it's how SCUM would do it??), Impede agrees with his 3-TIMES A SCUM READ on me being Scum in . If this isn't standard distancing between 2 buddies I don't know what is.

The whole BS of accusing you of being fence-sitty on me is him indirectly trying to pressure you into voting me.

NVM, I'll stop righ here. Overall, Impede is being tricky and sly with his posts and votes. He did see Jay's soft-claim (btw, my personal interpretation of a crumb is something that is hard to spot at the time. Jay SOFT CLAIMED. It was too obvious to be called a crumb), and he was pushing there, but he also saw my "possible crumb" and realized lynching a Hider is of higher priority bc they could just shoot the Vig at night.

In general, when someone says "this is NAI.. but Scummy" (!!!!), or "I could see this coming from Town, but it feels like scum" (he did it both to you and me) it does give me the impression this is someone keeping all his options open. If Town is lynched .. "but I said it could come from town". If Scum is lynched .. "I also said it looked like scum".

tldr; Impede is +70% scum to me. The other 30% is him being a really bad player with a problem in his self-confidence (and from what I've seen people say I don't think it the case).

Once flipped, THEN I maybe able to see things better. If he flips Scum I will maintain my SR on Una with enthusiasm. If he flips SK, then we know where the "Jay is SK.. game solved" came from. If he flips Town, I'll just reevaluate my reads and go on, but I certainly won't be taking HIS reads into account after having SR'd both me and Jay.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Mathdino »

Fantastic, thanks. I don't need your case to be convincing, I just needed help with articulating what my subconscious was seeing.

Points you made that I didn't notice before:
- His interaction with Una. It's consistent with bussing but I'm townreading Una pretty strongly so I'm ignoring this for now. I asked for a case independent of Una :lol:
- Trying to pressure me into voting you. Interesting point, and consistent with idea of him buddying me, cuz I might irrationally subconsciously want to go after you in an effort to keep being townread.

Points you made that I've seen before:
- Seeing the possible crumb. You mentioned that and I still don't believe it. I'm only willing to believe that particular point if Creature flips scum. Ask me for more if you're interested.
- The tone of early posts. I'm similar in that I also suck at tone so I'm ignoring this (and did ignore this in my initial case).

- Reserving a whole section for flip-flopping/fencesitting/self-confidence.

Don't ask me how (rules), but I know Impede, and take it from me when I say that him constantly throwing out "well, this could be town, but this could also be scum" is exactly consistent with every town game of his that I've read through. In the time between making my initial push and then being like "Let the town do its thing, Impede" I did some meta on him and found exactly that kind of behaviour. IIRC (this was last night so I might remember wrong) I even saw some of the same phrases. "This feels town, although scum could say this".

Given that we don't have any scumgames from him, I'm calling that behaviour completely NAI.

His defence was absolute shit but I'm currently townreading him for it. Again, help me interpret Impede's behaviour RECENTLY, not over half the game ago. is old news.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:16 am

Post by momo »

In post 702, Mathdino wrote:God Impede, you're so bad under pressure. Gonna explain myself real quick.

Last page, on after post , I did go spend 10 or 15 mins analysing your meta and the previous game. The connections that I thought I saw weren't there. In fact your play is 100% consistent with your town meta. I wasn't gonna immediately unvote though because the utility of extra wagon analysis outweighs the slight risk of getting you lynched.

In post , when I said "Let me do my thing", I thought you'd understand that I was testing a wagon on you. In I wasn't even casing you and never got around to posting my review, because I already believed you were town at that point. Crumbed the reaction test wagon with "let the town do its thing".

Now I honestly don't know anymore. Your reaction in isn't what I'd expect from town!Impede, as someone who respects town!Impede.
UNVOTE:

I'm so confused about this. The people who jumped on after I started the wagon are sheep and momo, both of whom I'm townreading (sheep loses points, I don't think momo can lose points in my book). I'm wondering if Impede is the token mislynch whose wagon consists entirely of townies, or if I'm just wrong and you're actually scum.
Here's the way I see this...Impede is definitely not the scummiest person right now...that's not his value as a lynch. If we want to lynch the scummiest we go Creature and RedFlavor..either one...

Impede's flip, no matter what it is, provides us a lot of information to work with, I votes impede because it seemed to me the Creature wagon was losing traction and that impede was a fine new place to put my vote

My thought for the BEST LYNCH, is without a doubt CREAUTURE...he has more content than redflavor in the effort to make himself appear towny, but is scummy...this content provides us with additional information........

In fact, since the Impede wagon is losing traction again, (I think md taking his vote of has suddenly made it much harder for it to go through) I am going to ask you all to but your vote where it really belongs, on Creature.

UNVOTE: Impede
VOTE: Creature
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:19 am

Post by momo »

In post 715, Almost50 wrote:Reading someone's tone is one of my weaknesses. I rely more on analysis, associations, setup spec, VCA .. etc.

Like, I could do an ISO, but most of it WILL sound forced. Like, in # when he blatantly accuses Jay of being SK, then follows the revelation with "Game solved". Why would TOWN consider the game solved after lynching the SK?

But let's just say that was a joke, and let's also say it was a coincidence his RVS landed on none other than Una.

Now even ignoring the link between Impede on Una I still don't see how he got from to disliking momo's TR on me in (if you're confident momo's Town, why is it odd fro momo to be confident in his TR on someone you already had a Town lean on?)

In for the first incident) yet never once did he vote or even try to interact with Una. (same applies to Impede on Fitz, btw).

In he ONCE AGAIN says Una is likely scum, and STILL NO VOTE AND NO EFFORT TO SORT/PRESSURE Una AT ALL.

Now after having shaded me in for no apparent reason (it's totally NAI.. but it's how SCUM would do it??), Impede agrees with his 3-TIMES A SCUM READ on me being Scum in . If this isn't standard distancing between 2 buddies I don't know what is.

The whole BS of accusing you of being fence-sitty on me is him indirectly trying to pressure you into voting me.

NVM, I'll stop righ here. Overall, Impede is being tricky and sly with his posts and votes. He did see Jay's soft-claim (btw, my personal interpretation of a crumb is something that is hard to spot at the time. Jay SOFT CLAIMED. It was too obvious to be called a crumb), and he was pushing there, but he also saw my "possible crumb" and realized lynching a Hider is of higher priority bc they could just shoot the Vig at night.

In general, when someone says "this is NAI.. but Scummy" (!!!!), or "I could see this coming from Town, but it feels like scum" (he did it both to you and me) it does give me the impression this is someone keeping all his options open. If Town is lynched .. "but I said it could come from town". If Scum is lynched .. "I also said it looked like scum".

tldr; Impede is +70% scum to me. The other 30% is him being a really bad player with a problem in his self-confidence (and from what I've seen people say I don't think it the case).

Once flipped, THEN I maybe able to see things better. If he flips Scum I will maintain my SR on Una with enthusiasm. If he flips SK, then we know where the "Jay is SK.. game solved" came from. If he flips Town, I'll just reevaluate my reads and go on, but I certainly won't be taking HIS reads into account after having SR'd both me and Jay.
Damn, a50 good case...I knew there was a reason I trd you after my push on me instead of getting salty...see this is what I'm saying, I'm stuck guys...\

Who do i vote for...

This is getting to be too much..

You know what

UNVOTE: Creature

Considering that it's D1, the additional information is more important than anything...and the case against Impede is really solid...

P.S. I really love this town..first game I have played in which there has been solid scum hunting from multiple players.

I know I said I wouldn't do this but a50, mathdino, consider yourself townREADS
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

But what the heck about me, Momo?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 716, Mathdino wrote:Ask me for more if you're interested.
Make a note to take about it tomorrow, maybe?
In post 716, Mathdino wrote:Again, help me interpret Impede's behaviour RECENTLY, not over half the game ago.
I can't. I admit to being already conf!biased as I think he is very likely scum (and I'm trying not to make it even more a blatant accusation. If I did I would have said "I think he is scum" (omitting he "very likely" bit).

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:29 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ew walls ew
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

Okay... If you think Impede is the more informative lynch to you then I'll go there..

sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:33 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

shit is that a lynch