Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1087, Fishythefish wrote:buddy.

@Firebringer: please could you answer the question halfway down this post about Gork's meta?
He feels very Town.
Idk how to go into it more, his level of suffering is directly related to his townieness
If you played several games with him you would get it.

He ain’t no scumbutt. But I might shoot him as a mercy kill
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Votecount 2.05

McMennoL-2drealmerz7, Gorkington, Firebringer, Dunkerdoodles
DunkerdoodlesL-3McMenno, Wormhole, Fishythefish
drealmerz7L-5Whemestar
FishythefishL-5Smocaine
Not Voting---Chickadee

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch.

The lynch deadline is in (expired on 2018-01-14 23:00:00).
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Hey fish your wrong

If dunker is scum he isn't a scum motion detector
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

If I target scum I get their fakeclaim
Im a dog that quacks
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Looking back through, I'm thinking Fish could be town. My one concern still lingering is that they have pretty safe reads. But they're not the only ones this could be said for.
However, Fish did a really good job of looking at everyone during their catch up, and since. They poked where they saw warrant to poke, and they've been extremely active in conversations.

My gut is telling me Gork and Fish are both town.

VOTE: McMenno
Thats L-1
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Smocaine »

intent
claimaroo
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Smocaine »

In post 1104, Chickadee wrote:Looking back through, I'm thinking Fish could be town. My one concern still lingering is that they have pretty safe reads. But they're not the only ones this could be said for.
However, Fish did a really good job of looking at everyone during their catch up, and since. They poked where they saw warrant to poke, and they've been extremely active in conversations.

Thats L-1
Ecto did a very good job of scumclaiming in their 3 posts, discuss.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i read fish vs gork as tvt too
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Smocaine »

I want a Fish/Dreal lynch tomorrow if this doesn't red. I'll even lolhammer if I can get some commitment here for my cause.
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Wormhole »

Eh, can you not lolhammer before a claim please?
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Smocaine »

One more person tempt me with a post like #1109 and Ima do it.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Smocaine »

Worm, going into day 2 on a town flip on mcmenno, who would you help me lynch out of Dreal/Fishy?
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by Smocaine »

*day 3

Who is talking right now

pedit
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Wormhole »

basically, atm, I think that all scum are likely in {dreal/mcmenno/gork/fish}, with a *very* small chance of it being you, just on PoE. I think that wheme/dunk are the same alignment, and I don't think they're scum/scum tbh.

I'm kinda meh on mcmenno. I don't especially think he's scum. I don't especially think he's not scum. He just kinda is. I wouldn't be surprised at a town!mcmenno flip. I wouldn't be surprised at a scum!mcmenno flip.

If mcmenno were to flip town, I'd probably want dreal more tbh.

Do you think that there's both a town!motion detector and a town!tracker? This point is actually one of the major reasons why I'm kinda confused by the role stuff; I kinda think it's unlikely that both dreal and dunk are town just on roles, given that MD is just a weaker version tracker. Like it's kinda superfluous to have both imo.

BV kinda doesn't want the day to end though yet, so there's that. He wants to sort dreal.

(this is skitter btw)
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1113, Wormhole wrote:basically, atm,
I think that all scum are likely in {dreal/mcmenno/gork/fish}, with a *very* small chance of it being you, just on PoE. I think that wheme/dunk are the same alignment, and I don't think they're scum/scum tbh.

I'm kinda meh on mcmenno. I don't especially think he's scum. I don't especially think he's not scum. He just kinda is. I wouldn't be surprised at a town!mcmenno flip. I wouldn't be surprised at a scum!mcmenno flip.

If mcmenno were to flip town, I'd probably want dreal more tbh.

Do you think that there's both a town!motion detector and a town!tracker? This point is actually one of the major reasons why I'm kinda confused by the role stuff;
I kinda think it's unlikely that both dreal and dunk are town just on roles
, given that MD is just a weaker version tracker. Like it's kinda superfluous to have both imo.

BV kinda doesn't want the day to end though yet, so there's that. He wants to sort dreal.

(this is skitter btw)
um
please town see this
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Wormhole »

I'm not entirely sure what you're objecting to tbh
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

can you not see the blatant contradiction
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Wormhole »

Eh, maybe I didn't word that well.

I think you and wheme are of the same alignment. I don't think you're scum/scum.

I think scum are in {dreal/gork/fish/mcmenno} (maybe smocaine but I don't think so; I'm townreading him)

I think it's unlikely that there's both a town!tracker and a town!MD, which is partly why I'm tending to thinking that Dreal might be scum here, because I don't think that you/wheme are scum/scum, which means that you're town/town if I'm right in thinking that you're the same alignment.

Does that clarify it?

Oh, I was in middle of writing another post like an hour ago and I had unvoted in it but I forgot that I didn't actually post it yet lol. let me post that too.

UNVOTE:
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Wormhole »

In post 1026, Gorkington wrote:if you read those three posts, do you think he seems comfortable voting misa and unvoting her? do you think its weird that he completely forget she exists after his initial vote and unvote after he said he was going to keep an eye on her and the rest of her play basically devolved into avoiding/barely answering questions before just completely lurking out?

p-edit: thats what i felt too.
i think the followup and unvote is bad too.
Honestly, I don't think this is that compelling given the sort of content he's had all game. I can kinda see him thinking that he had found something (albeit a wrong something; she had unvoted me and not Dreal), voted her for it, getting into a state of apathy and just not caring. I mean he literally says he wants to outsource his voting responsibility around there. I do agree that the middle post is kinda ick; that he wanted to 'keep an eye on misa' but voted ETL. I don't know if the other two posts you quoted are that compelling. Like I'm just kinda meh on him overall. I don't think he's scum. I don't think he's not scum. He just kinda is.
In post 1029, WhemeStar wrote:If dunker is scum then motion detector is his fake claim
So, a few comments on this:

1. Do scum have fake-claims? Wondering aloud because misa's role PM doesn't indicate a fake-claim

2. Town!MD and town!tracker seem kinda superfluous? What do other people think about this?

3. I think that wheme/dunk are the same alignment.

I don't think that town!wheme and scum!dunk is a thing because that would imply that MD was a fakeclaim for dunk, and his result was accurate on us (at least, on my side; I dunno if anyone visited us). I don't think that scum!wheme and town!dunk is a thing, cuz, like, what's the point for scum!wheme to do this?
In post 1040, Dunkerdoodles wrote:fire can you stop your deathtunnel now that im conf town
thx <3
I don't think you're conf!town right now, but I do think that you and wheme are likely the same alignment.

I do think I want to unvote for now though.

UNVOTE:

@fish (just spoiling cuz there's a lot):

Spoiler:
In post 1069, Fishythefish wrote:I think I went from "X is quite likely" to "X may be true here"? That's a fairly small shift which I think mostly just reflects the fact that I have trouble weighing the probability with any exactness. Like, I think there's definitely a 30-70% chance that Dunk's 584 is a scumslip, and beyond that it's really hard to calibrate.
Eh, fair enough. In succession it kinda looked more drastic though, and I was kinda reading that post with the mindset that you might be scum!dunk's partner trying to distance; like trying to give a scumread and distance but focus on the Gork case and kinda like weaken the Dunk thing over time? Idk if I explained that well. That's why I mentioned I was worried that you might be dancing around the dunk scumread, because that post gave me partner-y vibes.
In post 1069, Fishythefish wrote:Dunk!motion-detector-scum is a scum motion detector, and so knows that motion detector is a completely plausible scum role, and so is less likely to believe that motion detector will get towncred. This pattern of thought isn't totally logical, but I think it's real - I think it's rare that scum think they are going to get massive towncred when claiming their role, because they overestimate the chances of that role being given to scum.
Hmm, OK, I think I get what you're trying to say. This is the first time I've thought about it this way, and I'm not entirely sure I buy this line of reasoning; I kinda have to think about whether or not I agree with you here.
In post 1069, Fishythefish wrote:This seems kinda unfair. My main scumread and case is on Gork, which a) is completely new and b) you like. Scumreading me by focusing on my less important reads (which I agree aren't nearly as well thought out or solid) is demanding a really high standard from someone who's replaced in fairly recently.
Agree that Wheme and McMenno are lynchbait-y and easy pushes if town. I h ave serious trouble sorting that sort of player; in a game where I have quite a lot of townreads, they are going to end up in a PoE scum pile, but it's not a pile I'm happy with.

Dancing around my scumread on Dunk - not sure what you mean by this. I think Dunk is hard to read, and that quite a lot of the reason people are voting him is NAI, but there are a couple of decent points as well. He's a better lynch than most, but not as likely scum as Gork.
You're right, sorry. I just get kinda paranoid of replacements if I think they might be trying to take advantage of easy pushes. Like my first game with BV, I kinda did the exact same thing to him when he replaced in and I ultimately got him mislynched him for this, kinda by mistake, cuz I couldn't get over this point >_>

Your replace-in kinda reminded me of his replace-in there, and that game kinda taught me that I got waaaay too paranoid of replacements and that I expect waaaay too high a standard of them. And the more that I think about it, the more I think you're probably town.

Kinda agree with you that wheme/mcmenno are PoE/lynch-baity if town, and I kinda wish I can read them better, but atm I don't know how to.

And see above for what I meant about Dunk.

--s
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1106, Smocaine wrote:
In post 1104, Chickadee wrote:Looking back through, I'm thinking Fish could be town. My one concern still lingering is that they have pretty safe reads. But they're not the only ones this could be said for.

Thats L-1
Ecto did a very good job of scumclaiming in their 3 posts, discuss.
Yea, and for a long time I was scum reading based on Ecto's activity and lack there-of. But When I look at Fish's content, I think it stands on it's own.

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1116, Dunkerdoodles wrote:can you not see the blatant contradiction
Dunk, buddy.
Work on your reading comprehension skills.

Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by Wormhole »

Actually the weird thing is, I posted the possibility of a Fish/Dreal team in our hydra PT and then read the thread to see Smocaine posted the same thing but that's just me (BlackVoid). Skitter suspects McMenno more. @Chickadee, can you unvote for a bit until we have time to discuss and thanks.
In post 1111, Smocaine wrote:Worm, going into day 2 on a town flip on mcmenno, who would you help me lynch out of Dreal/Fishy?
I don't need a McMenno townflip to consider that possibility. Let's talk about it right now.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by Smocaine »

Someone said something about the mod likely not having foresight to counteract town jk + tracker being broken. However, the fact that they are both two shot is sort of proof that they did in fact think of that because odds are both would not have any lategame power, especially not at the same time. That's the main thing making me hesitant about dreal and willing to push towards another slot I think just played like scum (ecto).
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Wormhole »

I dont think that Dreal claimed to be 2-shot?

--s

(since BV's posting too, all the posts on this page except 1121 are mine)
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by Wormhole »

But tracker and motion detector seem partially redundant too. Motion dectector is like a weaker version of tracker although admittedly it would also detect that someone visited your target.

Where did Dreal say he was 2-shot? I was under the impression that he claimed full tracker.

-BV

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”