Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 25, havingfitz wrote:Would Not_Mafia lolhammer someone he wasn't scum-reading?
He used to do it for lolz, but I haven't seen him do that in while.

Also,

VOTE: Havingfitz

In revenge of shooting Moz :P :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

@mutant: Gun to your head; where would you vote?

@N_M: How long do you intend to keep your TVS vote on sauce?

@fitz: I want to move my RVS vote off you, but I don't seem to have a target to vote. Ant reason why you aren't voting someone yourself?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 61, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 60, Almost50 wrote:@mutant: Gun to your head; where would you vote?
Probably Sauce. Their posts feel distracting and don't really contribute anything despite having the second most posts so far. Though I guess that's kinda hypocritical of me since I haven't really done anything yet. I had to re-read the entire thread to reach that conclusion though. The re-read has probably made me more interested in the game so I should be posting better quality now.

Sadly for Elmo, that means potential walls :P
I agree sauce has been kinda skating by but who isn't at this point? I don't anyone (including myself) has done anything that I could point out ans say: "Oh! That's Townie enough.", which is giving me pause.

Thanks for the answer, and I out sauce under consideration.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 64, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Raya
LOL! Should I sheep this? (Note: Not really. I don't see anything scummy coming from Raya yet, but your performance in the last couple of games we played together makes me think you might've noticed something I didn't).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 65, Mathdino wrote:
Almost50, mutant, Elmo, Not_Mafia,
sheep me,
Do I know you?! Because I only sheep players I have played with before (and yet NOT everyone I played with is worth sheeping).

Of course, the "Math" part could be a clue for me, but I want to make sure I'm not totally mislead by my own assumptions.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 67, Mathdino wrote:Her Elmo wagon is shit,
Elmo is a vote magnet. I see people voting there all the time (I hope my memory isn't playing tricks on me and that it IS Elmo that seemed to attract inexplicable votes in previous games).

Both Bins & Elmo are still total nulls for me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #77 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 67, Mathdino wrote:Alternatively, if you vote Raya I'll sheep you on that.
So, Bins and Raya for you. At least we are starting to get some reads.

P.S. I only played Raya once as far as I can remember, and she almost flaked then got killed on N1. She was Scum and I was on the other Scum team.

Bins I have more experience with, so maybe I will get a better read there given more time.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Bins

I have always been told SK-hunting is a Mafia-tell, but that's not just it. The reason I'm voting here is the game a specific mechanic that allows the SK to mess with the switch setting the Mafia choose. Eliminating the SK first give total control to Mafia and turns us all into VTs (read: Sitting Ducks).

SK maybe immune to Cop/Vig so they really don't care much about them and will hunt for Mafia as well. Alternatively. the SK could be immune to Mafia NK and thus will treat everyone alike because eventually they'd want to get rid of everyone. SK's hardly ever win anyway, but can effectively influence the outcome of the game, and RIGHT NOW they serve us better by messing up the Mafia switch control.

Personally I would rather lynch a Mafioso and have the SK/Vig shoot another before we lynch the SK. This way we will alwats have the chance of scum cross killng (except if the SK is Mafia immune, so that makes them a priority only after 2 Mafia are caught).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Bins: You probably didn't say it explicitly but you're acting like it. Did you forget about the switches? Are you treating this as a normal 9v3v1 setup? And if you did, why did you feel the need to type the last 2 lines of your #94 to begin with?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

Coming from you I could probably accept you were confused, but I'd need more to move my vote off you.

So. you do understand how it works, now. Right? The switches are on by default, which means all PRs are active. The Mafia have 3 members each of which can switch off one specific PR (so the Doctor Switch is now a mere goon since the Doctor is already dead). the SK can choose to reverse any and all switches, but they don't know what the switch status is since the Maia could either turn them off or leave them on. THAT is the trick. Mafia will have to guess what switch(es) the SK will reverse and the SK will have to guess which switch(es) they turned off and which they left on. That's what causes both partied to be uncertain.

Lynching the SK first = both Cop & Vig will be switched off and the Mafia will know it to be the case, so there's no chance the Cop would return a guilty nor the Vig shooting anyone. Now if we lynch the Cop switch (say) that would mean the SK can reverse the swirtch (i.e. turn it off, since Mafia can't) so the Mafia's loss is the SK's gain. This is why the SK must hunt for the Mafia first. Once the Cop/Vig switches are dead the SK will turn against the Town bc the Doctor switch doesn't matter anymore... but ONLY THEN.

Alternatively, let's say the Cop/Vig were to be NK'd. Their respective switch becomes useless (nothing to turn on/off), but still the Mafia will want to kill the SK, and the SK will want to eliminate them so as not be shot by them (unless they opted to be Mafia-Immune in which case Mafia can still know who the SK is if they shoot them and they don't die since the Doctor is already dead). So the SK will srill want to shoot Mafia over Town in this case.

Tl;dr: The SK is currently on our side if they know what they're doing. Flipping the Town PRs doesn't change that. Only if Mafia is flipped can the SK start thinking about working with the ones still alive against the Town.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 109, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 108, mutantdevle wrote:If the SK is our only way of switching the mafia PRs so that they don't work then surely we need the SK alive? Both town and the SK need the scum dead in order to win the game. Mafia obviously wins if they gain majority so the SK would want the scum dead first. So not only does the SK's switch abilities help us, but we also share the common objective of wanting to eliminate the mafia.

The way I see it, the SK is an ally of town that will eventually betray us. If the SK was ever at L-1 and roleclaimed, then I think we should keep them alive. If that turns out to be a mafia fake claiming then the SK will know and just kill them at night. If a townie ever fakeclaims SK just to keep themselves alive, then they are an anti-town piece of shit. And then obviously if we do get a SK role claim, we can just lynch them when the mafia is eliminated.

I really cant believe this.

VOTE: Mutantdevle
What can't you believe? It is true. The SK is allied with the Town until further notice regardless of which option they picked to be immune to. It's basic SK play.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #120 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'll be more direct and explicit here: The reason I detailed how the SK should play is I don't know some of you, and thus don't know how experienced they are. A newbie SK should be made aware that their best shot is to work WITH the Town for now. We need the SK and they need us (for the time being). If they mess up their pay it's on them, granted, but it could also backfire on the Town. I will stop arguing this point any further, but I felt it had to be made clear.

P-edit: Fine. We can let the Mafia hunt for the SK, the SK hunt for them, while we hunt for both. Agreed? Agreed. :)

P-edit2: Yes, the SK may want the switches off too. THAT is the trick though. Did Mafia opt to switch them off or eave them on? The SK needs to guess correctly there in order to get the switches to the settings most suitable to their own status. Mafia will want to trick the SK as much as the SK would want to outsmart the Mafia.

As far as reads I don't see what Scum motive is behind mutant's talk. I mean, yeah.. theoretically this could be the SK seeking refuge in Town's arms, but I don't really fee it. In fact, I'd be a hypocrite if I did, because I'm thinking the exact same way.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #121 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 117, Bins wrote:
In post 1, Equinox wrote:The serial killer may counteract up to three of the mafia's switches.
I'm still confused because it hasn't been fully clarified but does this mean three in total or three a night???
Every night. Check the setup wiki.

=
Each night
, the town powerroles are active pending a player "switching" them off.
= The Mafia Cop Switch may switch off the Cop for example, with each Mafia player controlling a switch over a town PR.
= However, the SK has the ability to reverse any switches' state. For example, if the Mafia Doc Switch, leaves the Doctor active, the SK choosing to reverse the Doc's switch will cause it to be inactive.
= The Serial Killer may reverse all three, none of the switches or any combination in between.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 118, Bins wrote:I'm liking Almost for town, lmfao. The jab at me was pretty confirming of that.
I wish I could say the same about you, but -at least- I'm confident you're not the SK. If we by chance flip all 3 Mafia players and you're still alive you are a confirmed Townie to me (and this should be noted by each and every Townie for later reference).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #125 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

@mutant: I'd disagree on the bit of letting any claimed scum live, as I'm against the idea of leashing scum in general (and I'm thankful Wisdom is not here to counter my argument).

The last a recent game I played (open 700) the town did just that (let the claimed SK live) and it almost cost as the game, as the "claimed SK" was actually the 2nd Mafia member!! Lynching them o the spot would have revealed a LOT of info (game mechanics dictated flips were hidden until the killer was flipped). The Mafia did help us in a way by actually targeting the real SK to end up in a 2v1 LyLo rather than a 1v1v1 in which case we would have lost regardless bc No Lynch wasn't even an option.

Regardless, I'm always against the leashing of claimed/guiltied Scum on principle.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

Ok, guys. Fine. I get it. I'm going to be shot by the Mafia sooner than later and the doctor is already dead so I will accept my fate. Thank you.

Geez! It was never my intention to be the very top TR on each and every readlist. :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Mafia: You should be hunting for the SK as a priority. If they picked to be immune to Town action then you can kill them and be safe from their NK. If they picked to be immune to your kill you would still be able to recognize them as they won't die to your shot, and in either case you want to control the switches. Go for it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #155 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

Pridging in response to all prodges.

Merry Christmas everybody

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #177 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 176, Chip Butty wrote:My vote on havingfitz is probably a bit stale. Will reread and review...
The holidays made the whole game stale. I have nothing new to go by.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #198 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Mathdino/mutant: I beg to differ. Sauce is probably town for that post for many reasons, but the one I'm going to out now is no scum would want to go against the flow and alienate themselves to everyone, and
especially so
the lone scumster.

@Sauce: What's a "good wagon" om your view? And Dino said it best: You don't vote someone and explicitly tell them "it's a pressure vote". That totally negates the purpose of the vote.

Also, 4 scums and 3 scum leans + 1 scum between the other 4??!!

@N_M: In my last 2 games with you I could easily tel you were Town. Your reads/votes were also very much sheepable. Not the case in this game. Is it just me or have you rolled Scum this time?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #208 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 200, Mathdino wrote:Give me reads. Has your read on Raya evolved at all? Thoughts on Maxous? I assume you agree mutant is another ML bait like Elmo?
I don't know mutant from before, so I can't tell if he's a ML or not. I just TR his play so far.
As for reads, I'd rather not post a complete list for "reasons". However, I think fitz' catch up was pretty townie and is very much different than his scum game (I've just finished a game with him where he was scum).

Raya I have no definite read on her. She could be anything at the moment.

Bins I'm already voting with you, although I admit I'm second guessing myself based on her responses (which I told her were acceptable but not enough for me to move my vote off her).

Max could actually be scum by PoE. There's nothing strongly condemning in his ISO, but his # rubbrd me the wrong way upon a reread, and I don't understand his push on mutant either, but his # could very well come from town, so I'm not sure.

P-edit: Let me try to find the one game I played Raya before to verify the meta thing.

So, Bins/Raya/N_M/Chip/Max is my current lynch pool (in no particular order). We still have like 8 more days to DL though and considering Xmas interrupted the flow of the game I'm for taking more time and giving everybody a chance to post and discuss more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #209 (isolation #21) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK. Meta verified, which makes me more inclined to sheep Mathdino on Raya as he obviously has better knowledge if her play than I do.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #228 (isolation #22) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Raya

1-2-3-4 .. testing .. testing

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #256 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 239, Sauce wrote:Do you have a townread on me, because if not I will vote you.
All was going well until I read ^this^
The quoted could've been stated in so many way that are not as scummy. You could've asked for her reads and then explained why you were voting her if she's not TRing you. or you could've stopped right there without attaching this quote to the post. I'm having a hard time trying to parse the necessity for you to put it this way, and I'm not sure how I should be feeling about it either.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #259 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. I literally give up on being able to read Bins ever. I keep flip flopping on her and I've come to the conclusion it's mostly due to how she plays and posts in general. Take this, for instance:
In post 245, Bins wrote:I'm going to be fine voting any of the bottom four because I've POE'd it to those. Realized Raya is a little lower because my townreads at this point are pretty strong.
This rubbed me the wrong way. In my mind, the Town thought process goes like "I was TRing X for saying that, but them saying this feels scummy". They don't go "I'm TRing X, but now they've dropped to null, but I still don't see the case on them, but I'm willing to vote them because when I said null just 4 minutes ago I didn't know they were actually this low on my read list". This feels like scum trying to find a smooth transition from a stated TR to casting a vote on the subject.
In post 247, Bins wrote:My top pick for SK right now is Chip. He's playing exactly how I'd imagine a lurky SK would play. His reads felt VERY fake. Other than that I can't really distinguish lazy town/scum.
However, this doesn't go with the above (i.e. doesn't feel like it could come from scum) because Bins herself was the target of much scrutiny for precisely this .. SK hunting. If Bins is scum she's practically begging the SK to shoot her, and -in the case she flips scum- doesn't even help her case on anyone, since no one would be looking over her ISO to see who she scum read.

tl;dr: If Bin is scum (from the first quote) she's clearly playing against her win con in the 2nd quote, which leads me to believe she is either Town or IS the SK she's too busy looking for.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #275 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

I'll do a reread, but I want to draw your attention (@Mathdino) that you totally forgot to factor in the town kills (i.e. the vig shots) in your #267 which could swing the balance either way depending on whom they shoot.

But anyway, I'll do the reread with Bins as confirmed scum and see where it gets me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

I cannot reliably say who Bins' scum p's are. but I can say this very much looks like fitz' town game (see Open 703 for an example of his scum game), and I definitely think N_M is Town (welcome to the game, btw. I've been waiting for you to town it up and was getting really suspicious of you before #)

I still TR Lalendra, and I've come to the conclusion Raya's not Bins' p (contrary to what N_M believes, but I'm entitled to disagree with my TRs, right?).

Sauce is Town (maybe I'm still under the influence of Open 703, where a VT put the entire Mason squad in his top 5 SRs and I SR'd him for it, but that's not just it. For more reasoning on why Sauce is Town please refer to my #).

Out of the remaining 4 Max looks like the one most likely to be associated with Bins, followed by Chip, then Elmo and mutant comes last.

VOTE: Bins

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea why we're assuming Bins is "group" Scum. I always thought the Cop in open setups gets a guilty/not guilty (or town/not town) result, so it could be that Bins' is the SK and has been trying to manipulate us all with her SK hunting thing. After all, it is obvious she has been manipulative with her fake misunderstanding of the mechanics (this is the main reason why I have a SR on mutant. His TR on Bins is a another reason, but is not as condemning by itself as town -obviously- can have bad reads).

@Mathdino: Please confirm the format in which you received the result on Bins, Does it confirm her as Mafia/group Scum or as just anti-town?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #320 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 316, Maxous wrote:Tell you what, if Bins flips scum feel free to give me shit.
Until then, I don't care
Excuse me, but what does this even mean? Do you think the guilty on her is a gambit? Or are you explicitly SRing Mathdino??

If the former, then I don't see this as a gambit coming from Town at all. If he is not the Cop he could have been CC'd and then he will get lynched and then the Cop gets NK'd. If he IS the Cop I don't see him faking a guilty on someone on D1.

If the latter, I'd like to know why? Mathdino has been the most obv!Town to me even before he claimed, so I would appreciate an explanation if you thought otherwise.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #355 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 321, Bins wrote:I fucking hate gambits and Mathdino is totally the type to pull this as town so that’s even more frustrating. I’m not scum and you can tell he’s lying because he specifies I’m not SK but Cop doesn’t even get results that way. I’m not doubting he’s cop (because that would be even more stupid to drag CC) but he’s faking a guilty for his dumb scumteam.
LOOOOOOOL. That wasn't meant to be a way out for you. Ir was in response to Max' conditional thing "IF Bins flips Scum", and if you read it carefully you would have understood I was saying I 100% believe Mathdino.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #356 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 330, Bins wrote:I was having fun and excited everyone was convinced I wasn't SK ahah
Skimming much? I said you were either Town
OR THE SK
. Granted, when you mentioned the SK the first time I thought you might be group scum, but your persistence on mentioning the SK precisely again went over the top as Mafia would be a bit more careful than this, so I had you at 50-50 being the SK, and I'm glad I was right.

As for leashing you, the answer is NO. As much as I would have loved for you to keep messing with the switches, I do not ever trust claimed/caught scum (scum = any anti-town role). It's like sleeping with enemy, or petting a python or something.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #357 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 336, Not_Mafia wrote:I think Bins is lying but whatever Kill mutant

VOTE: Raya
Very cute. Just when I was thinking you might be town after all!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #358 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Obviously if Bins flips SK everyone needs to reevaluate their reads. However, if she's lying I'm looking for her partners in Chip/Max/N_M

Also, if Bins is the SK our 2 PRs are effectively VTs until further notice, so it's 8 VTs vs 3 Goons until we either flip the Cop switch or the Vig switch.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #360 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 359, Not_Mafia wrote:Bins is Mafia and so is Raya
How confident are you on this (let me remind you that you tunneled precisely the SK + 1 Townie in Donner Party, and while I don't mind you tunneling scum of any kind I don't think we have the luxury of tunneling Town in this game)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #362 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Actually, if Bins is Mafia then I'll consider N_M being Town again. if she is the SK though I'd be 95% on him being Mafia. It's all about that short back and forth about mutant. N_M unvoted Bins and directed her to shoot mutant, and when she said no he revoted her. This speaks volumes is she flips SK (and having realized that I'm more inclined to believe she is the SK)

P-edit: We will see. If she's the SK you're Mafia and Raya is Town. If she is Mafia you're probably Town and I'll reopen the case on Raya

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #374 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 363, Mathdino wrote:i guess now would be a bad time

to tell you guys that was a gambit
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That would actually be ...
Spoiler:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #393 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 390, mutantdevle wrote:I'm actually so damn confused I might cry...

Next y'all be telling me Bins isn't even the SK...
Actually it goes much deeper than that. THERE IS NO SCUM HERE AND THIS ISN'T EVEN A MAFIA GAME! You, Sir, have been had. SMILE... you're on Candid Camera! :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #396 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 392, Chip Butty wrote:So we have a 1v1 b/w MD and NM?
Yes, and we're letting them both live and lynching Bins.

In fact, >I< am the real Cop. I didn't want to mess up what Mathdino was doing, but seeing as we seem to have N_M trying to be the Town hero I think you can all do w/o me. We have semi-conf!Town in Mathdino and N_M.

Oh. and my guilty is on Chip Butty. There you go. So Chip Butty is mod-confirmed Scum, and with Bins falling for Mathdino's gambit and outing herself as the SK we should be looking into Chip's associatives for the other 2 Mafia. Easy game.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #516 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 484, mutantdevle wrote:Should we try to figure out whether it was the mafia or the vig that killed Lalendra or Raya or do y'all think it would be a waste of time?
In post 489, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 486, Not_Mafia wrote:Vig killed Raya, it's obvious
Probably yeah. So the SK killed Lalendra. The kill could be random but I'd assume the SK would kill based on who they felt most threatened by.
I don't like these two quotes. First, mutant appears to be sure the SK shot the Cop (means the SK in immune to Mafia shots and not Town action). Then he realizes his slip and corrects it in the second quote stating the SK shot Lalendra which directly contradicts his first "assumption".

My theory is mutant is either the SK (who knows whom he shot) or Mafia (who not only know whom they shot, but also know they didn't shoot Mathdino).

And I'm left with the question of WHY would Mafia take the risk of letting the Cop live another day? It must be because his top SRs are NOT group Scum (I'm using the term "group Scum" to avoid the silly confusion of putting "not" next to "mafia") :lol:

So, Mathdino initially called a
Bins
/
Raya
/Fitz
Mafia team. He later added Chip might be Town and to lynch Maxous today ( which was his last will.

If all above is true, then fitz and Max are not likely to be Mafia. One of them could still be the SK.

I could go on theorizing all possible scenarios on "who shot whom", but the shot at Lalendra doesn't make sense from anyone, except if the shooter wanted to make sure they AVOID the TPRs, or if they somehow suspected Lalendra was the Town Vig.

So, to reiterate: Lalendra was obv!Town and Mathdino was the claimed Cop = Raya was definitely shot by the Vig. SK would want to shoot Mafia (that wouldn't be Lalendra by any measure) or the Cop, so Mathdino was shot by the SK most likely. Mafia shot Lalendra to try and give the Cop a chance to catch the SK, knowing they were not likely to be his investigation target, and all this points to mutant being Mafia who scum slipped and tried to correct his slip.

VOTE: mutant

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #517 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

P.S. I'm also willing to join he Chip Wagon. It could very well be Chip+mutant for the Scum team, and fitz or Max for the SK.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #518 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

More theory talk: if we nail the SK the Vig will definitely be shut down, so only one death at night.

We are 5-2-1 now. Assuming we lynch the SK = 5-2 and tomorrow we are 4-2 (traditional MyLo).

If we lynch Mafia today though it would be 5-1-1 and it's anyone guess how many town deaths at night. Scum could cross kill, or could hit town. the Vig may shoot scum, Town or not at all. This is confusing but it has the benefit of the Vig having a chance to do something at night, plus the chance of scum cross killing each other.
Everyone's opinion/feedback is welcome.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #520 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

If the SK has Mafia NK immunity we still benefit from them shooting Mafia (and assuming we lynch Mafia today that's the Mafia team eliminated). Furthermore, our Vig is hopefully alive and can claim tomorrow (since they will be shut down by the SK the next night) and become a confirmed Townie and we can work from there.

I mean there's nothing carved in stone, and there's every chance the Mafia/SK will mess up their switch combination tonight and it could still be the case that the SK shoot the Mafia, the Vig shoots the SK and the game is over anyway.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #522 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

They EITHER got Cop AND Vig immunity, OR they got MAFIA NK immunity. I'm leaning towards the latter as according to my theory the SK shot the Cop, and they absolutely would not have needed to if they were immune to town action.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #523 (isolation #42) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

But what I really needed feedback on was the slip itself. Do you see it as I do? (i.e. a scum slip from someone who knows who they shot?)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #527 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 524, Sauce wrote:Since the Mafia didn't know whether the SK was NK or cop/vig immune, they must've felt compelled to shoot the cop. A clever SK, regardless of chosen immunity, would've known this, and would've felt free to dispose of threats.

Raya was actively contributing to the game, and flipped scum had voted her, so a clever SK would've anticipated that Raya would not have been in today's lynching pool.

Who benefits the most from Raya's death?
This all looks good .. UNTIL we get to Lalendra. If the Mafia shot the Cop and the SK shot Raya then the Vig shot Lalendra, and I don't see a Town Vig shooting Lalendra over most anyone else.

If the Mafia did shoot the Cop then the Vig shot Raya and the SK shot Lalendra, which -again- makes no sense as a SK target, let alone the Vig had better options over Raya.

Regardless, my lynch pool is in mutant/Chip/fitz/Max, and I'm confident 3 of them are anti-town, so my only worry is for me to push the one townie in the four of them (I know my luck).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #529 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 526, mutantdevle wrote:I guess you're just going to have to trust me on that.
The problem is I don't have the luxury of trusting anyone anymore. Things could/would have been much better if another Mafia or the SK were shot last night.

However, IF I chose to trust you here then I have to vote Chip. It has to do with the wagon on Bins. I'm Town (confirmed to myself), Mathdino was the Cop, I hard TR N_M, Lalendra also flipped Town, and finally Raya flipped Town.

This only leaves Chip (5th vote) and you (6th) to suspect for the usual busing partner. The question is why is your vote not on Chip (or me or N_M if you don't TR one of us)? Or do you believe the whole wagon on Bins was all town??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #534 (isolation #45) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 530, Chip Butty wrote:3. 5-1-1. Wcs: 3 town deaths = 2-1-1.
This is also a Town loss as both scum sides would be able to kill. We would need all the luck in the world for us to come up winners in this situation.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #536 (isolation #46) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 532, Sauce wrote:
In post 529, Almost50 wrote:I hard TR N_M
Now or day1?
Since he tried to provide some cover for Mathdino after the latter hard claimed Cop.

@Chip: I know Math was obvious Cop. I'm saying Mafia may have been high on his read list to not fear being checked last night and thus were hoping he would come back with a guilty on the SK, or a clear on Townie they would hen dash out from their possible SK list.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #544 (isolation #47) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 535, Sauce wrote:It's not in the interest of town to propagate the discussion Almost50 has been busy inciting.
In post 527, Almost50 wrote:This all looks good .. UNTIL we get to Lalendra. If the Mafia shot the Cop and the SK shot Raya then the Vig shot Lalendra, and I don't see a Town Vig shooting Lalendra over most anyone else.
Is this going to amount in scumhunting soon or will it linger on as vig hunting?
You're reading but you're not paying attention, are you?

I believe you are Town. I believe N_M is Town. I believe Elmo is Town.

One of Chip/mutant is MAFIA. The other could either be Town or the SK.

Maxous/fitz also have one Mafia in them. The other could be the SK or a Townie.

Ho much more details do you want my read list to be? Maybe I should hack the Mod's account and look at the PMs and come back to report who is whom with 100% accuracy??

What I'm trying to do with my "who shot whom" theories is decide whether it's best to lynch Mafia or the SK first, based on whether the SK is immune to the Vig or the Mafia shot. If they're immune to Mafia then the main threat to them is the Vig, so are more likely to shoot TOWN. If they're immune to the Vig shot then they'll try their best to hit Mafia tonight. How hard is it for you to see where I'm coming from?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #545 (isolation #48) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

Between Chip and mutant I think I'm more suspicious of Chip still. It has been the case on D1 and it's coming back o me now. Something's not right in his posts, I don't know what exactly, but I have an urge to lynch this today.

VOTE: Chip Butty

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #552 (isolation #49) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 547, Sauce wrote:I gave you no reason to doubt my comprehension.
In post 535, Sauce wrote:Is this going to
amount in scumhunting soon
or will it linger on as vig hunting?
'nough said.

@Chip: No it's not because you're not following me. I Said I don't know what it is, but let's try this: If I chose to trust mutant then you are the only possible busing scum on Bins' wagon.

@Sauce: I don't have to (nor do I need to) point out everything that goes into my mind. For example, Bins readlist looks like this (after editing out the flipped players):

{Almost50, havingfitz}
----
{mutant, maxous}
N_M is on his own little island floating everywhere
{Sauce}
{Chip, Elmo}

One of fitz/mutant/Max is scum + one of you/Chip/Elmo. That's where most scum would place their p's in their manufactured readlists. Now, I can't decide between the former 3, but it's easier for me to pick Chip over you/Elmo for a Mafia partner with Bins. The reason why Chip was put down there is because he was also a major suspect on D1, so if flipped it would have given Bins some town cred.

So, Bins' readlist + Bins' wagon (but -of course- I'm not factoring bla bla bla..). I hate it when arrogant noob try to teach me how to scum hunt. It is most irritating, really! Vote me if you suspect me, but never ever try to tell me how to play. Disagree with my logic/reads, but don't pretend like you know any better.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #553 (isolation #50) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 551, momo wrote:Guys, the way Chip Butty and MD manipulated yesterday's lynch just makes me believe they are scum together

the way things are going

VOTE: Chip Butty
his reminds me that Chip kept seesawing Bins until it was apparent she was the lynch and only then did he join the wagon. Bins kept FoSing Chip but never made a serious push on him.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #557 (isolation #51) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

WAIT A FRIGGIN' MINUTE! When did momo join this game? I'm confused as hell!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #558 (isolation #52) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

ninja'd by mod!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #560 (isolation #53) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

The thing is I have a short memory, so I keep track of my reads, remarks and VCs in a Word file, and when I went to switch momo's vote to Chip I find no momo there. I thought I might've deleted him by mistake or opened and older version, so I checked the opening post and the players list had no momo either, so I checked the activity view and those were his only 2 posts in this game. I think momo is mutant maybe?? It might be helpful to know who momo is in this game, I think.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #566 (isolation #54) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 563, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 560, Almost50 wrote:
The thing is I have a short memory, so I keep track of my reads, remarks and VCs in a Word file, and when I went to switch momo's vote to Chip I find no momo there. I thought I might've deleted him by mistake or opened and older version, so I checked the opening post and the players list had no momo either, so I checked the activity view and those were his only 2 posts in this game. I think momo is mutant maybe?? It might be helpful to know who momo is in this game, I think.
He mentioned MD in his post above, Maxous? They don't seem simialr though
Good point. :facepalm: So momo is NOT "MD" either (
M
utant
D
evle). This is getting interesting.

momo is nor me, N_M. mustant, Chip or Sauce. That leaves fitz/Elmo/Maxous (and I never saw any similarity in their play to momo's). :!:

P-edit: So, it's YOU! :lol: OK... now I know why you're a lynchbait all the time.. but it's confusing that you are using two genders for the two alts. I'll stop now as it's really none of my business. I was just getting curious.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #571 (isolation #55) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Chip: maybe seesawing isn't the word I wanted to use. You just seemed uninterested in lynching your "70% Scum" read. You joked about being the real cop with a "guilty on MD" (iirc, was that meant to be Math or mutant?). Finally, you practically apologized to Bins for voting her because "you said earlier that you would lynch the SK if you knew who they were", and -in hindsight- it feels like you were telling her it's her fault she fake claimed SK.

THANK YOU for pointing me to why exactly I'm most uncomfortable with your posts. ;)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #574 (isolation #56) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 570, Chip Butty wrote:All i ask is you give me time to get a complete readslist out.
Yeah, that's fine by me.. just in case (I'm 90% confident you are precisely Mafia here)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #575 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, I stopped alt hunting. I usually forget who's whom's alt anyway shortly after the game is over. Very few stand out in my memory, bu most get purged by the time I turn off my PC and call it a night.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #589 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 579, mutantdevle wrote:She was confirmed scum by the cop. Both townies and scum lords would jump on that.
Exactly! So who is the scum on the wagon? We have seen Town flips from it, but we have yet to see a scum flip, and you stating "both townies and scum lords would jump on that" implies the answer to my earlier question about the wagon being all town is NO. So, 3 people flipped, all TOWN, and 4 alive including yourself and me (your strongest TR according to you). This leaves Chip and/or N_M for candidates of being Scum with Bins.. or even scum in general. Tell me if I'm going astray from following your stated line of thought.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #592 (isolation #59) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 580, Sauce wrote:Stop vighunting. Nuff said.
I already know who the VIG is... SIR! Do you also want me to tell you where I got it from??? :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #596 (isolation #60) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 581, Sauce wrote:The weird thing is neither I nor Almost are voting Chip
This goes on to show how perceptive you are at reading the game. Not only did you miscount the # of votes on Chip, but you also failed to see mine is the second vote on him (and it even shows in the official VC just 3 posts above yours here! AMAZING!).

I'm going to shut off all communication with you as of now though. I don't need this shit. I play to enjoy the game, and I honestly can't stand stupidity. I REALLY wish I was Scum here, because it would have given me the pleasure to either push you or (and this actually would have been easier) shoot you. You're about the only one who explicitly SRs me, and ye you posted a read list in which you SR'd most everyone, so it wouldn't have been too hard to get away with a shot on you.

@mutant: It seems as if I'm speaking in a foreign language, am I?? The first pairing was based on the VC (one scum on the wagon and one off it). The second grouping was based on Bins' readlist (one scum p near the top and another near the bottom).

@Chip: Another one who's not paying attention (or more likely SCUM DELIBERATELY being misleading).
In post 551, momo wrote:Guys, the way Chip Butty and MD manipulated yesterday's lynch just makes me believe they are scum together
In post 563, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 560, Almost50 wrote:
He mentioned MD in his post above, Maxous? They don't seem simialr though
N_M was OBVIOUSLY talking about MOMO's use of MD, and it has NOTHING to do with YOU. Just bc you used the abbreviation to refer to Math doesn't mean momo did, and especially so when he said "scum together". Surely you're not suggesting momo was accusing the FLIPPED COP of being Mafia with you, are you?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #597 (isolation #61) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 594, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 592, Almost50 wrote:
In post 580, Sauce wrote:Stop vighunting. Nuff said.
I already know who the VIG is... SIR! Do you also want me to tell you where I got it from??? :facepalm:
When you say that you know who the vig is, do you mean you are the vig or that you have a pretty good idea who it is?
What's it to you? If you think I'm the Vig you should either keep quiet about it (if you're Town) or just shoot me (if you're Mafia/SK). In other words, if I say I am the Vig I'm setting myself for the NK for sure, and if I deny it I'm giving scum one less target to worry about shooting, and I'm not about to give scum the satisfaction of knowing which it is.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #602 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 601, mutantdevle wrote:Then why would you make the original post in the first place?
Because I do! That's all I have to say about the subject for now. You asking for clarification on whether it's me or someone else IS vig hunting to me, but -of course- "nobody" else would even see it because they're too far in with their tunneling and too proud to admit they are wrong and were proven wrong already in their SR on the Town Cop.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #662 (isolation #63) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Those are two very strange targets for the SK to have shot either!!

I'm most confident in Fitz being the 3rd Mafioso, but the SK certainly has me intrigued.

I'm not voting yet though as I want everyone to weigh in, and just in the off case I'm wrong and both last Mafia and he SK decide to join forces and screw us.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #663 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I mean, Having wasn't voting either of the Scum flips. In fact he wasn't voting AT ALL. He also was heavily suspected by Mathdino which makes sense for Mafia to shoot Dino if they did. Finally, the readlist he posted had Bins as a top TR with Chip hidden in the TBD (that's what scum usually do when they post a readlist of only 3 categories, since they won't have trouble voting any of their claimed SRs, and is usually better than the strategy Bins used. Oh, and Fits was on Bins top TRs too, alongside ME. :lol:

But now I'm considering our options: Lynch Mafia!Fitz, go into the night and have the SK shoot one Townie. We emerge as 3 and it is down to the 2 living Townies best judgement.

OR, we could No Lynch and hope that the SK will shoot Fitz anyway, but who would Fitz shoot is the question. If he shoots a Townie it's the same result. If he shoots the SK, we win. If he doesn't shoot at all, he's screwed anyway but we come out as 4 tomorrow. Still, the SK could shoot a Townie instead and then we emerge as 2-1-1 tomorrow which necessitates that we also No Lynch tomorrow, and hope that scum will cross kill.

OK, the second option is reliant on Fitz actually having reads, which I very much doubt. It is also way too complicated, but I thought I'd throw that out anyway.

I think I'm better off leaving this for the morning when my mind is fresher. I think I may have overlooked something in my 2nd option (which we are less likely to follow anyway), so I probably will spot my mistake when I reread what I just typed.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #665 (isolation #65) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

Where the freak is Elmo/mutant/Fitz??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #677 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Firz: What do you think of the No Lynch option?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #679 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 678, Not_Mafia wrote:SK could have NK immunity, No lynch is a no go
GDI, I wasn't asking YOU! :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #680 (isolation #68) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@N_M: I asked fitz for a purpose, and I was working on the ISOs of him, mutant, Bins and Chip. Here's what I got:

Quite frankly I could see mutant as he 3rd Mafioso too.

1- He defended Bins early on in #
2- He planted the seeds for Bins' fake claim fake claim in #
3- Bins even acknowledged receipt of the idea in #
4- He went on to defend the idea of letting the claimed SK live in # even after I had linked him with the game we almost lost for doing just that.
5- He admits Elmo is the one to refer to if we intended to meta read him in #. and Elmo already voted him right after his "let the SK live" proposition (see #)
6- Finally, his readlist is on # fits the profile of group scum with Bins in the Town leans and Chip in the Nulls.

Either way, one of mutant/Fitz is the SK and the other is the 3rd Mafia. I'm not as good in hunting the solo scum, but I can see either flipping Mafia, so I'm fine with either lynch, tbh.

Also, skimming over mutant's ISO once more I see he was SRing Sauce for being precisely the SK, so he might've shot Sauce last night, while Fitz shot Maxous? If that's the case then Fitz' readlist at the bottom of # atill makes sense. He TR'd Bins and mutant, thus didn't vite Bins and haven't shot mutant. The problem is he didn't bother voting Bins after she claimed SK but I guess it could be bc he thought that may draw the Mafia attention to him being the SK.

He had Maxous in his scum pile, and Max was the only one alive last night from that pile for him to shoot.

Further down his ISO his # was a strong FoS of Lalendra, so it makes sense he shot her after Math claimed Cop and Raya was very much cleared of being Bins' p.

Moving on with the assumption Fitz is the SK, in # (bottom 3rd) he's fiddling with the idea of letting Bins live. I could explain this in many ways, like maybe he wanted a guaranteed target? Or maybe he wasn't going to shoot her and thus would be guaranteed she gets lynched the next day? Or maybe he just didn't want her to flip this early so we would keep thinking she might be the SK?

Fitz does vote Bins though in # with the quote "Hopefully she's mafia". Shortly after he unvotes her in #

Alright check # for yourselves. This is the guy who shot Maxous for sure. That post though suggests he's the 3rd Mafia, but what do I know?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #681 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Elmo/N_M: Which is the more likely SK in your own views? I think it best to lynch the SK today.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #687 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 683, mutantdevle wrote:@Almost, are you going to give your opinion on the no lynch idea or are we to assume the things you said before me are your opinion on it?
When I proposed it as a second option I also said it was the unlikely route to go, and that it was too complicated.

Spoiler:
I would have considered it more if I wasn't already 99% sure of who the TWO scums are. In the off case I'm wrong about either of you/fitz it'd be a really well-deserved win for X (I'm 100% Y is Town). Still, even in this case we have a 50% chance of eliminating one of the SK/Mafia today and be guaranteed there is a tomorrow for us.

Anyway I slice it I just can't see it as a better option to No Lynch. We have our fate in our own hands, so why put it in scum hands?

tldr: No. I'm for the lynch.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #690 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 688, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Mutant
Intent to hammer

Feel free to entertain us all with a claim and/or last reads. (I'm just doing it out of courtesy).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #697 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

What does "remove intent" even mean? I didn't put a time schedule.deadline to my intent anyway. I'm REALLY taking my time today.

But you haven't responded to my case on you being possibly the 3rd Mafia. I acknowledge your reaction test makes you look better, but can you explain why your ISO makes you look so heavily linked with Mafia?

P.S. I mainly wrote you off as Mafia because your vote on Bins came right after Chip's, and I maintain hat statistically it is more likely that one scum is on the bus and the other is off it, so for both to be on AND vote next to each other is even less likely.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #701 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Everyone: Can we lynch Fitz first and see what the night brings us?

VOTE: Fitz

This is still where I'm most confident of flipping Scum. I still have mutant >> X, but I have some mild doubts now.

If Fitz is Mafia... fine. If he is the SK though, I think the Vig should holster maybe???

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #705 (isolation #74) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

@mutant: Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, but I said I KNOW who the VIG is. I was pushing you and/or fitz, so it goes w/o saying the Vig is not either of you. The Vig is in Me/N_M/Elmo.

As for scum not hammering, I think that would have been a scum claim for the exact same reasons you mentioned. So, while you think it's stupid for scum not to have hammered you I'd say it was smart play and should not be the sole reason why you TR me/fitz.

Now if I was a spectator watching the game from the outside I'd certainly rule out that guy called A50 as Mafia, but I would have no reason to rule them out as the SK based on VCA alone. You need to take a closer look at some of my content to realize I can't be the SK either.

The reason I'm not outing the Vig explciitly yet is that if we lynch either scum today and the other fails to shoot the Vig we would have a 3-player LyLo tomorrow with a CONFIRMED Townie.

Suffice it to say, DISREGARD you nor being hammered, and reevaluate your reads based on other things not related to the VCA.

Ftr, your posts of late seem Townie enough, BUT knowing what I know I cannot exclude the possibility of you being sly scum who is trying to drive the lynch unto Town and thus winning the game at night. Like, if you were the SK and were immune to the Mafia kill you would certainly want to lynch townie today, shoot the Mafia at night and hope they shoot someone else and that would be it for you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #708 (isolation #75) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 706, mutantdevle wrote:How could you possibly know who the vig is?
Does it really matter to you?!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #710 (isolation #76) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I think it was Maxous, but don't quote me on that.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #736 (isolation #77) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 712, havingfitz wrote:@A50, wrt to post 662...why do you only discuss the two nightkills as strange for the SK to have shot and not mention the vig or the last mafia's likelihood of shooting Sauce or Maxous? Do either of the NK's make sense for mafia?
I went into the night with a strong lean on YOU being the 3rd Mafia. The SK should've been either looking for the 3rd Mafia. or shooting the Towniest players (depending on them being immune Vig or Mafia shots). That's why the kills felt weird for the SK, because they certainly weren't the Towniest and IMHO not likely Mafia either.

As for Mafia, they would want to shoot anyone now. They probably were hunting for the SK as a priority, so maybe they made more sense from their point of view.

With the Mafia Vig switch lynched on D2 I don't see how you would/should consider a Vig kill at all. The SK now has total control on the switch and is turning our Vig into a VT indefinitely, wouldn't you agree?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #737 (isolation #78) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 712, havingfitz wrote:- Also...and lol....do you think as mafia I would have killed either of the N2 nk's in favor of town!A50? Let your large ego digest that.
As Mafia you wouldn't be concerned with me as much as you would be with either the SK or the Vig. In other words, would expect Scum!You to be hunting for the SK (as the first option) and the Vig (as the second, bc if the SK is dead the Vig regains their shot).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #738 (isolation #79) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 712, havingfitz wrote:So if you have convinced yourself of this...why are you voting me over mutant who by POE you must think is the sk?
If you look at my opening post of the day I was more confident in you flipping scum anyway. The mutant case came later, but as he posted he managed to plant some grains of doubt in my mind (of him being scum). I am going for my most confident SR bc we HAVE TO lynch sum today or we lose the game.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #739 (isolation #80) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 712, havingfitz wrote:@A50, wrt to post 697...you say that "statistically it is more likely that one scum is on the {Bins} bus and the other is off it"...which would apply to Elmo and not_mafia. aka your town reads. Did I mention WTF?
I accept the argument regarding Wlmo (being off the Bins wagon), but N_M was ON the wagon!!!! (also mutant was on it).

The difference between you and Elmo is Elmo was on Chip's wagon and you were not. There was not a guilty on Chip and the Mafia had already lost a member so it's less likely for them to bus on D2.

On D2 only you and mutant were not voting, so it's more likely one of you is the 3rd Mafia and the other is the SK, and both are trying to avoid pissing off the other.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #740 (isolation #81) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 712, havingfitz wrote:@A50, wrt to post 705...this looks a lot like rolefishing imo. And there is no way anyone who is not the vig could know who the vig is. And based on your read on me I think it's even less likely that you are correct in guessing who the vig is. Since a guess is all you could be working with.
In fact, you indirect exclamation here IS the definition of rolefishing, and that's as far as I will say about the matter.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #741 (isolation #82) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

@mutant: I did present my case on fitz already. It's up to you to decide whether it convinces you.

Ftr, if you are the SK AND you are immune to Mafia kills it is certainly in your best interest that we lynch a Townie today. If that is the case you simply can't die at night. Furthermore, it would be best for you to out the Vig so you could shoot them tonight and get rid of the last conf!Town alive. You could come tomorrow and say you changed your mind about X's alignment and accuse them of being Mafia or even SK for the win.

P.S. In order to catch Scum you gotta THINK LIKE SCUM. ;)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #742 (isolation #83) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 721, mutantdevle wrote:Assuming you mean "Night Kill Analysis", I don't exactly see how. We only know for certain that the vig has one kill, but it could be more. How do we know the vig didn't choose the same target as scum on a certain day or perhaps the scum chose the same target to kill?
On N1 we had 3 flips, so OBVIOUSLY the Vig shot did go through. If we only had 2 I would have assumed the Vig shot didn't go through either.

On N2, not only did we have only 2 flips, but more importantly we KNOW that the Vig switch is 100% controlled by ONLY ONE PERSON. Why would the SK let the Vig shoot? Even if they're immune to the Vig shot that would blow their cover as there is no Doc. Or are you telling me you did let the Vig shoot?? :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #743 (isolation #84) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 721, mutantdevle wrote:I really don't see a situation where Almost could accurately get an idea of who the vig is from night kill analysis
I'll tell you (and fitz) post-game ;)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #744 (isolation #85) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

@fitz/mutant: Why are you two so afamant in fishing for the Vig? I mean, that's one more point in the other 2 players' favour.

And why are you two automatically ruling out the possibility that >I< am the Vig (thus -obviously- know who "the Vig" is)???? Amuse me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #747 (isolation #86) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

Intent to hammer mutant

is trying TOO HAD to force "town slips". First; Bins wasn't the Vig switch. Chip was. Second, filing to put 2+2 together while acknowledging you saw the Vig switch is just flain dumb. Third; you claim "lack of attention" while you also set a "reaction test"?? And missed my case on Fitz which was literally the 3rd post of the day (by all players collectively)??

Finally, you say both your role and the setup are uninteresting, and that you haven't been paying attention, while you happen to be the player with highest post count???? (I only realized that while I was checking if my case on fitz was the 3rd or 4th post of the day).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #753 (isolation #87) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Like, I have come close to posting some stuff that could have heavily affected the game outcome (but in which way? I'm not sure) and deleted the post before submission.

I'll let you go to bed today and have you post your cases in the 'moro. Fair enough? I mean, if you're Town you could hopefully convince me to vote my current strong TR (and when they flip Scum you are probably confirmed a Townie so we can lynch fitz tomorrow if he's not the Mafia, bc if he is then my TR is on the SK and fitz will be shot by the Vig tonight anyway)

If you fail to convince me though, I'll hammer you. I seriously am lost here and I hate LyLo/MyLo in general bc I tend to make the worst of choices (here's one that I still can't get over where the solo SK won a 42 players role madness game, and I was RIGHT FROM THE START but failed to convince others and then flailed in MyLo and a stupid Townie voted themselves resulting in a quick hammer by the SK whom I've been suspecting since D1! Can you imagine playing a game that large for 13 game days and having the SK beat you at the end of it?)

Good luck to you if you're town, and good night.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #757 (isolation #88) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Hmmm.. this needs revaluation from all directions. I had always thought the Vig was N_M bc he was the one insisting Raya was Scum WITH Bins, and when Raya got shot after the Bins lynch he came in to assert it was obvious that Raya was the Vig shot.

But now I see fitz claiming Vig and no CC from N_M, so -to me- it confirms fitz as the Vig.

If so, then I will follow your lead, fitz.

UNVOTE:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #760 (isolation #89) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Welp; I guess I am
really
going to be a sheep here. I was hard TRing Elmo for her play and I was totally convinced N_M was the Vig, and now fitz says mutant is Town and Elmo is Scum.

VOTE: Elmo

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #767 (isolation #90) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: mutant

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #776 (isolation #91) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well, my action on N2 could have messed the game a little. I wouldn't have figured Elmo for being Mafia tbh. :lol:

Sauce gave me a headache alright, but I'm glad nobody listened to him.

:lol: @fitz shooting the Doctor of all players on N0. Man, I was a SERIAL KILLER and still opted not shoot anyone who signed up to play before they even posted. :good:
In post 773, Bins wrote:A50 also fooled me!
Consider it payback for a previous time (or maybe two??) :lol:

@Mathdino: A50 didn't even shoot on N0/N2 though. I only killed 2 people in 4 nights. Non-consecutive kills for the SK? Sure, but then it would be very MAFIA-sided if you don't lynch Mafia on D1. I'd say it's more swingy than unfair.

P-edit: Yes, I figured they'd definitely switch Cop/Doc off and most probably leave the Vig on. I switched the Cop back on and got lucky (I wanted the Cop to catch Mafia, but the chances were low).

As for the No Kill on N0, it wasn't a tactical choice at all, but rather an ethical one. I PM'd the mod stating I would not be so evil as to shoot someone before they even posted once in the game. Equinoxx can confirm that was my stated reason at will.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #777 (isolation #92) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 775, Mathdino wrote:Oh, yeah, and if you guys are itching for another open (which I think is super balanced and cool), Stack The Deck is going into signups when Llama gets back on!
I think I pre-in'd there, did I not?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #778 (isolation #93) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I mean, if not then please pre-in me already

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #780 (isolation #94) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 779, Mathdino wrote:Interestingly, the fact that they left vig on should've immediately implied N_M wasn't mafia, because of fucking course he's gonna get vigged otherwise.
That's a false assumption that has been proven wrong in this very game. fitz had open shots on all 4 nights (even the one I tried to switch him off didn't count bc I sent didn't send a copy to co-mod). So, 3 shots and one holster by fitz' own choice. I wouldn't have shot N_M either (not as SK and certainly not if I rolled Vig).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #783 (isolation #95) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

LOL... yeah. I won as SK and lost as Martyr (failed to get myself NK'd for 4 successive nights, and it was multi-ball (2 Mafia teams) + Vig, and I could either be shot in the old fashioned way or by visiting a killing role who was performing a kill on that night). :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #791 (isolation #96) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

@mutant: If I had rolled VT in this game my play would not have been any different. Not even a tiny little bit.

However, that post was made bc I was surprised I got so strongly TR'd on a global scale, tbh. At one point I even thought I should've picked Mafia Kill immunity instead, bc pre-game it never occurred to me that I would be so town-looking. I specifically picked my immunity bc I didn't want to be caught by the COP, and it helped that the Vig would not have recognized me if they shot me bc they didn't know whether the switch was on or off.

Return to “Completed Open Games”