Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 570, Mathdino wrote:I'm honestly gonna be pretty peeved if we lose this because Math's reads are wrong, like those of every town before us. I'd take the 70% winrate anyday. But if we're doing this,

VOTE: Diamond

I guess Math's reads are, in theory, as arbitrary as anyone's.

@sheep: Pure math is theoretical mathematics. Some crazy shit. Number theory is a major example. Prime numbers. Stuff like that.

Applied math is self-explanatory.
You realize I had logic for my reads right?

And with any luck will get one or two scum teammates to bus and have to limp off?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

UNVOTE: Dino
VOTE: cytheflyguy

I truly hoped that some other towns would come in to this game but I was clearly mistaken.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

The reason I had not voted sheep yet is because look at this tally.
cytheflyguy (4) - Mathblade, Mathdino, RedFlavor, Toranaga
Mathdino (2) - Sky_Paladin, DiamondSentinel
momo (2) - sheepsaysmeep, Lalendra
sheepsaysmeep (1) - cytheflyguy
RedFlavor (1) - momo

Not Voting (2) - Kop, hyung
If I voted Sheep, Diamond is likely to sheep because they've copied all my votes so far. Sheep would be forced to countervote Cy, and Lalendra would naturally be forced to vote Sheep.

Look at what happens to the tally now.
cytheflyguy (5) - Mathblade, Mathdino, RedFlavor, Toranaga, sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep (4) - cytheflyguy, Sky_Paladin, DiamondSentinel, Lalendra
RedFlavor (1) - momo

Not Voting (2) - Kop, hyung
Leaving the hammer on either slot with Momo/Red/Kop/Hyung deciding the lynch, players who have had literally no impact on the game so far.

The reason I was trying to get the Math slot to determine if Sheep was scum or not is because my interactions seemed to say they were, but if I was wrong (and they were town while Cy is scum), then sheep would be an easy mislynch.

I was desperately looking for an intelligent second opinion when the only people talking were Dino, Sheep, and Diamond.

I'm disappointed that Math has come to the wrong conclusion. The cynic in me says that it's because Sheep/Math really are scum but I'm now forced to vote Cy to stay in the game.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 576, MathBlade wrote:You realize I had logic for my reads right?

And with any luck will get one or two scum teammates to bus and have to limp off?
I would argue that I have more logic backing my diceroll idea (that doesn't actually have to be an in-thread diceroll, it could be based on like the units digit of the timestamp on New York Times' first article tomorrow) given that it produces a 70% winrate when town holds the dice.

But I mean. If cytheflyguy is actually mafia, I guess both our Maths are right. ;)

Edit I have not read the above
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

And if sheep is scum, I was expecting a hammer on Cy as soon as I shifted my vote to sigh. Well now the die are cast, let's see how they fall.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 578, Sky_Paladin wrote:The reason I was trying to get the Math slot to determine if Sheep was scum or not is because my interactions seemed to say they were, but if I was wrong (and they were town while Cy is scum), then sheep would be an easy mislynch.

I was desperately looking for an intelligent second opinion when the only people talking were Dino, Sheep, and Diamond.

I'm disappointed that Math has come to the wrong conclusion. The cynic in me says that it's because Sheep/Math really are scum but I'm now forced to vote Cy to stay in the game.
What pulled me over the line into switching to you guys was when you told Math that you were scumreading our slot because of my sheep townread (threateningggg).

Like I said before, had you asked something like "I'm getting a lot of interactive tells suggesting sheep is scum because 1. reason 2. reason, can you analyse their posts so I can get a second opinion?" I'd have been a lot more trusting.

But you know me. My entire strategy is resultant of my extreme never-before-seen paranoia that suggests that literally anyone talking to me about anything could be scum manipulating me. And the way you asked that indicated exactly that.

Write up a case on sheep. If you flip town I'll be able to hold your arguments in much better faith. Unfortunately your slot has been the least willing to compromise or come to a middle ground between Economics Wonderland and Normal Scumhunting until now with a gun to your head.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Just keep in mind as well that having replaced into sheep's slot before and due to other factors, I'm well aware of sheep's meta, and playstyle is not a good argument. It's LyLo. I need motivation and a partner.
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:44 am

Post by RedFlavor »

VOTE: diamond
Sheeping
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:41 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 535, Sky_Paladin wrote:The other reason is mainly Dino's attitude and playstyle seems hellbent on his way or the highway and that looks a lot like open wolfing to me.
I'm confused about all these references to wolfing, isn't wolf a 3rd party that only exists in multiball?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Open wolfing basically exactly what Dino has done all game.

I'm probably not going to try to convince Dino and Blade that they are scum with Sheep since they're not inclined to believe me but I'm inspired to do some work to see if I can get the many afk and neutral players out there to vote. I was pretty salty that Blade/Sheep/Dino all decided that I'm scum but then I figured well I've been calling them scum all game, so that's fair.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dino

Aside from my many repeated statements that are trivially accessible in my iso the fact that Cy/Red both showed up to immediately vote for my slot when there was a better wagon around (sheep) should be enough of a concern that players go uh oh.

So to Lalendra/Cy/Momo/et al, what do you think about that?

More importantly, are you happy to go into LYLO tomorrow with Dino, who's stated strat is to arbitrarily pick a player (it could be you) and vote regardless of interactions, vote count analysis etc?

In other words why the fudge are players willing to sheep a slot that has no scum hunting except for badly put together fake reaction tests. Both Dino and Blade ignored my explanations for what was in my private topic which suggests to me that they were not looking for an explanation, they were looking for a target.

I am unwilling to go into LYLO while that slot is still active and if you are interested in playing the game of mafia, you should be putting your votes there.

If you disagree, please provide reasons.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Dino/Blade I'm not ignorant of Red/Cy's votes, I'm just choosing to focus elsewhere at the moment. What are your thoughts? Do you care? Why/why not?
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Sky_Paladin »

@Everyone

Eg look at this awful post from Dino.
Think about this. We can potentially get the votes of sheep/Tora and Red/Hyung. Kop/momo is possible. Clearly cy/Lalendra and Sky/Diamond are very opposed to lynching the other pair. Is that a scumtell? I don't know. By Sky's logic, it is, but I have no idea, and I lowkey believe that one of the pairs is just trying to make it look like they're all scum together.
At no point have I ever said Cy/Lalendra is a protected species and I am on record stating at least twice that I hated Lalendra's appeals to emotion and was happy to lynch that slot off the planet. I just didn't think it was a scum slot and I was unhappy to vote there until I could get my bigger scum reads (Sheep/Dino) to talk to each other like normal human beings instead of special super best friends forever. I DID make some speculation that Cy/Lal was probably a town slot because there was no real counterwagon against Cy at the time.
If cy/Lalendra is town, and we lynch them, Sky/Diamond are likely to fuck us over by voting with Math's alternate team Kop/momo/Red/hyung. Loss.
I'd do vote count analysis, read analysis, etc etc, exactly as I've said I would all along. If they flip green I'd be looking hard at the players on that wagon, which does include Red, but I am by no means in Blade's pocket. This is as you say a terrible reason to vote me - you have lots of evidence and a big bread crumb trail describing exactly how and where I would vote, contrast to the massive unknown players who you have no idea what they will do.
The only thing those players have that is more appealing to you is the fact that they are likely to not read and just sheep their way and you don't have to do anything more than point. I think that's the real motivation for why you want me out of the game - I'm the only player willing to question you.
If Sky/Diamond is town, and we lynch them, we still have the votes tomorrow to counteract scum.
No, you don't. The game has two pairs that have barely checked in at all and one set hasn't even voted. It's LYLO - the first wrong vote and it's game over. You are preparing to hand the keys over to the collective unknown masses. This doesn't sound like a responsible strategy to me.
And because I'm definitely gonna get accused of this, yes, this is policy territory. I believe Sky/Diamond's fixation on everyone I'm townreading (and also total lack of apparent townreads) is a LyLo liability, if not scum. They're also very likely to be scum.
'Everyone I am townreading' is a single slot - Tora and Sheep. It's not so hard to explain one read, Dino. That's all I've really asked you all game and you won't do it.

I'm seeing lots of misrepping, lots of straw man arguments and hypocrisy from this slot, and a total lack of accountability. Yes I accept that is Dino's strat but the fact is we didn't do the dice roll voting so it's not acceptable to just sit back and say "Well I'll let other players decide what to do for me then". So don't give me 'your slot has been the least willing to compromise or come to a middle ground' because I've done everything you asked and you've not done the one thing I asked you.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 584, Lalendra wrote:
In post 535, Sky_Paladin wrote:The other reason is mainly Dino's attitude and playstyle seems hellbent on his way or the highway and that looks a lot like open wolfing to me.
I'm confused about all these references to wolfing, isn't wolf a 3rd party that only exists in multiball?
Wolf is another word for scum.
But I suspect you were coached to ask.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 577, Sky_Paladin wrote:UNVOTE: Dino
VOTE: cytheflyguy

I truly hoped that some other towns would come in to this game but I was clearly mistaken.
Yeah paladin is scum.

Quick bus vote then moving it before it matters.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

mathblade i hope you understand scum don't have daytalk

i don't know if that's a mistake you're making but it might be because it's too early for mafia

also power wolfing is an idiotic strategy for longterm forum mafia

this is an open setup. i would never suggest a strategy i genuinely believed to not work because i don't think i'm good enough to unironically support a bad strategy and legitimately thought no one would ever call me out on my shit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 585, Sky_Paladin wrote:Open wolfing basically exactly what Dino has done all game.

I'm probably not going to try to convince Dino and Blade that they are scum with Sheep since they're not inclined to believe me but I'm inspired to do some work to see if I can get the many afk and neutral players out there to vote. I was pretty salty that Blade/Sheep/Dino all decided that I'm scum but then I figured well I've been calling them scum all game, so that's fair.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dino

Aside from my many repeated statements that are trivially accessible in my iso the fact that Cy/Red both showed up to immediately vote for my slot when there was a better wagon around (sheep) should be enough of a concern that players go uh oh.

So to Lalendra/Cy/Momo/et al, what do you think about that?

More importantly, are you happy to go into LYLO tomorrow with Dino, who's stated strat is to arbitrarily pick a player (it could be you) and vote regardless of interactions, vote count analysis etc?

In other words why the fudge are players willing to sheep a slot that has no scum hunting except for badly put together fake reaction tests. Both Dino and Blade ignored my explanations for what was in my private topic which suggests to me that they were not looking for an explanation, they were looking for a target.

I am unwilling to go into LYLO while that slot is still active and if you are interested in playing the game of mafia, you should be putting your votes there.

If you disagree, please provide reasons.
Now let’s break down this bullshit:

1) Paladin proposes cy is town.
2) There is no better wagon than one that confirms scum.
3) yes people are dividing exactly on the lines I thought they would.
4) I did not ignore your explanations. I even asked questions about them. I just don’t agree think you’re town because they are logically inconsistent. I don’t believe in giving bullshit airtime.

5) People not playing the game in a protown way doesn’t make them town or scum what matters is the motivation and if genuine.

Buh bye now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 590, Mathdino wrote:mathblade i hope you understand scum don't have daytalk

i don't know if that's a mistake you're making but it might be because it's too early for mafia

also power wolfing is an idiotic strategy for longterm forum mafia

this is an open setup. i would never suggest a strategy i genuinely believed to not work because i don't think i'm good enough to unironically support a bad strategy and legitimately thought no one would ever call me out on my shit
It’s irrelevant if they do or not.

Paladin’s vote switch off of cy is a scum claim.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 am

Post by Mathdino »

oh lol dude i pretty much ignored that post
but if we're playing the "bust this guy's balls" game
In post 585, Sky_Paladin wrote:I am unwilling to go into LYLO while that slot is still active and
if you are interested in playing the game of mafia
, you should be putting your votes there.
this is exactly the kind of ruthless appeal to emotion that you said you hated about lalendra
good sir, screw you
i dropped actually implementing the diceroll idea when it looks like no one's into it
the only reason i've kept arguing about it is ego and because people think i'm a scumfuck for it
but i've objectively been playing more mafia than most people here, including your partner (who you admit just rabble rouses and then sheeps you), the kop/momo slot (bye bitch), the redflavor/manrock slot (where tf are they), the sheep/Tora slot (no shit these guys are VI), and i'm pretty sure there's one other slot i'm completely forgetting so i'm hitting submit now
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:10 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 587, Sky_Paladin wrote:'Everyone I am townreading' is a single slot - Tora and Sheep. It's not so hard to explain one read, Dino. That's all I've really asked you all game and you won't do it.
is it healthy for me to keep responding to this shit

who knows

i already explained this read

you just don't like it

i've also, at varying points, expressed a townread on RedFlavor/manrock's slot

go check my ISO

i've done a completely accurate political analysis of the gamestate and if you and i are in lylo together, you know we're just gonna tear each other apart

so yeah let's do it now
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 585, Sky_Paladin wrote:So to Lalendra/Cy/Momo/et al, what do you think about that?
I have been waffling on Dino's slot all game, but I am willing to vote there if it comes down to it largely because of that waffling. Like I said last night, I have a scumteam in my head which does involve Dino, so even though I'm not 100% certain, the pieces fall into place too perfectly for me to ignore.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

shit so many words
im not reading this page
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 587, Sky_Paladin wrote:I think that's the real motivation for why you want me out of the game - I'm the only player willing to question you.
There have definitely been others who have been willing to question Dino - otherwise he wouldn't be the ONLY player (including his partner) who is still in favor of an arbitrary lynch.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 588, MathBlade wrote:Wolf is another word for scum.
But I suspect you were coached to ask.
In post 1, LlamaFluff wrote:The four of you may talk prior to the beginning of Day 1 at .
Unless I'm wrong, scum don't have day chat, so how could I have been coached?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i'll vote dia after next votecount