Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I don’t know.
Dunker try telling us wormhole is scum but in stephen hawkings voice
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Votecount 3.02

FishythefishL-2Smocaine, Dunkerdoodles, Wormhole
drealmerz7L-4Chickadee
Not Voting---drealmerz7, Gorkington, Whemestar, Fishythefish, Firebringer

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

The lynch deadline is in (expired on 2018-01-23 23:00:00)
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1199, Gorkington wrote:you know that just saying that theyre scum isnt really compelling ya?
well i'm probably just wrong anyways so
Wormhole
Wormhole
Goon
Wormhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Wormhole »

K, so I guess the gladiate (@Fish: if a gladiator targets someone, the only two valid voting targets that phase are the gladiator and the target) is fake, but that doesn't really change much for me tbh; I still think that Fish is most likely scum here.

elaboration on the scumread below; spoilered for length.

Spoiler:
In post 1189, Fishythefish wrote:The argument against me here can (I think) be summarised as:
1) I'm a very good fit for scum with McMenno yesterday
2) I'm in a small PoE pool.
I kinda want to add:

3) Your progression on Dunk is kinda bad as I discussed before.

4) In general your reads/opinions are very malleable and change to match mine/BV/Fire's , and you haven't really had any really strong/firm opinions since you've replaced in.

Here's an example:
In post 1189, Fishythefish wrote:- Look at Gork more. He's the person who I really think should be in your small scumpools and isn't.
In post 1190, Wormhole wrote:Gork started the McMenno train. Why do you think he bussed there? McMenno wasn't drawing a lot of attention before Gork put him in the limelight and Gork just didn't seem like a likely lynch at that point either.

-BV
In post 1191, Fishythefish wrote:That's a good point. Gork!scum bussing there does seem kinda unlikely - he didn't desperately need the towncred, and had other easy places to vote.
You've actually done this sort of thing *a lot*, and I can pull up other examples if you need me to.
In post 1189, Fishythefish wrote:universal townreads like dunkers
I'm not entirely sure when this became a thing?
In post 1192, Fishythefish wrote:- Not lynch me today (hint: lynch dunk instead)
Or what changed between these two posts?
This feels subtly PR-fishing to me, coupled with trying to ensure that a night actually happens - and that you're alive for it. And tbh, I'm kinda confused why it matters if you die via lynch/vig/shy-ness? Like, it's presumably 8-1 right now, so we're not anywhere close to LYLO, and we have a pretty big margin of error.

--s
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@s-Wormhole:
- I agree my reads have been malleable; they've changed with new information - both stuff that's happened (Gork's responses to me) and stuff that's been pointed out to me (more of the case on dunkers). I really, really don't think that's a scumtell. That one on Gork bussing today did make me do a bit of a facepalm; I made that first post thinking that I might get lynched really quite quickly, and hadn't yet properly updated my reads for the scum flip.
- On dunkers being a universal townread: I think practically everyone except me thinks Wheme's investigation is strong evidence that dunkers is town. Nothing changed between 1189 and 1192; I think dunkers is scum, and pretty much everyone else thinks he's town.
- I think this would be a pretty crappy claim for scum to make! It ensures that, one way or another, I die by tomorrow. Since there's only one scum left, PR fishing would therefore be pretty pointless.
- Yeah, it's probably 8-1, and that's a great position. But it seems silly to make it worse deliberately.
In post 1197, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 1192, Fishythefish wrote:I think I may as well claim; because I have a role that might mean I'm best left alive today, and we have at least one quickhammerer around.

I am
Shy
. If I'm ever visited by two players in the same night, I automatically die.

Right now,
it would be beneficial if I could die without wasting a lynch or vig shot.
I think we only know of one role who could visit me - Chickadee. If there's another player willing to visit me, I think we should:
- Not lynch me today (hint: lynch dunk instead)

- Kill me off tonight
Obviously, I'd then be lynched tomorrow if I'm alive for any reason.
um
i can visit you
so you literally contradicted yourself in the same post.
Oh, so you can; missed that. Cool; so if I don't get lynched today Chick and dunkers should visit me to kill me off.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:21 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Mod messed up it wasn't fake
Im a dog that quacks
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Gorkington »

i dont really see any reason why we should drag this out.
voting fish tonight.
trash
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Chickadee »

VOTE: fishyfish

that is L-1 folks
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 am

Post by WhemeStar »

VOTE: Fishy
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:17 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I hammer everyone
Im a dog that quacks
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Gorkington »

hopefully gg?
trash
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

I hope not, I want to shoot dunker
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:43 am

Post by jjh927 »

Votecount 3.03

FishythefishLYNCHSmocaine, Dunkerdoodles, Wormhole, Chickadee, Whemestar
Not Voting---drealmerz7, Gorkington, Fishythefish, Firebringer

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch.

The lynch deadline is now irrelevant.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'm not familiar with this stuff but it looks alright? I mean, sugar and bread are definitely both good things, so why not both?

Fishythefish has been lynched! He was suikerbrood, a
Mafia Godfather Flavourcop.

Spoiler: Role PM
Hullo, Fishythefish! You are mafia. You are also suikerbrood, a Dutch sweet bread. The bread itself is baked in the traditional loaf shape most would associate with savoury breads, and in fact the only real difference between suikerbrood and the traditional white bread loaf is the abundance of sugar baked into the loaf.
From the outside, you look just like the typical loaf! Also, as a blunt mixture of the sweet and savoury, you can tell what's what in the world of bread.
-Hidden From View: Godfather: Your true mafia nature will not be visible to cop checks.
-Full of Flavour: Flavourcop: Once per night, you may target a player to learn their flavour.

You win when all of the town are dead, or when nothing can stop this from occurring.

All the mafia are dead so town win!

...Well that was a stomp. Dunno how soon I'll be able to reveal PTs and all the roles with unredacted role PMs so I guess I'll just unlock the thread again.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 am

Post by jjh927 »

Here's the Unspoiled Bread Thread. You can have that at least.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Gorkington »

rough slot to replace into fishy, but you played well all things considered.
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Gorkington »

also thanks for hosting jj.
trash
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 am

Post by jjh927 »

Spoiler: 3-shot Commuter, Gorkington, Gingerbread
Hullo, Gorkington! You're town. Also, you are gingerbread, which is more of a category of baked goods than it is bread. To be honest, it's not really much of a bread at all but it gets a pass because it has bread in the name, and what really defines bread anyway? Some recipes for gingerbread don't even use ginger, in which case it is neither ginger nor bread. Gingerbread can be either hard or soft depending on the recipe used, though the more traditional form is a hard biscuit in the shape of a man- a gingerbread man.

Your abilities as gingerbread allow you to channel your inner fairy-tale gingerbread man and run as fast as you can, leaving town and making you untargetable.
-
You can't catch me!
: 3-shot Commuter: Each night, you may choose to leave town. If you do so, you will be untargetable, and any night actions targeting you will fail. You may only use this ability 3 times.

Spoiler: Lover Modified Loud Friendly Neighbour, EspeciallyTheLies, Garlic Bread
Hullo, EspeciallyTheLies! You are town. Also, you are garlic bread, which is essentially any kind of bread with a lot of garlic and other herbs baked onto it. Usually made from a sliced baguette or similarly shaped bread, garlic bread is a regularly occurring side-dish. Due to garlic being a prominent ingredient, the smell of garlic bread is quite pungent, be it from the source itself or lingering on the breath of the consumer.

As garlic bread, you are well liked and have a clear role as a food. Each night, you may visit someone, and they will be made aware of your alignment. However, that person will smell bad the next day. Also, your status as a side order ties you to another player.
-
Popular Choice
: Friendly Neighbour: Once per night, you may target one player, who will be informed that you are town.
-
Stinky
: Modified Loud: Any player you target with your night action will be publicly revealed by the moderator to smell bad the next day.
-
Side-Order
: Lover: If Whemestar dies, you also die. If you die, Whemestar also dies.

Spoiler: Lover JOAT Neighbour, Whemestar, Pizza
Hullo Whemestar! You are town. Also, you are pizza, which is objectively one of the greatest bread-based foods there is. Pizza is traditionally a flatbread topped with some kind of tomato sauce and cheese, as well as a wide variety of other potential ingredients ranging through meats to the questionable choice of tropical fruits. It is one of the most popular foods in the world, and has a huge fast food market as well as a more high-end traditional market.

Your highly adaptable nature as pizza allows you to choose from a range of actions. As a takeaway option, side-orders are also important to you. You are the main body of the pizza, encased within a box.
-
With a side
: Lover: If EspeciallyTheLies dies, you also die. If you die, EspeciallyTheLies also dies.
-
Put it in a box
: Neighbour: You are in a pizza box neighbourhood {with McMenno. The topic is linked here.}
-
Customised Ingredients:
Jack of all Trades: Once per day/night cycle, you may pick one of the following actions, though each may only be used once:
--
The Best Pizza:
: Gladiator: During the day, you may select another player by posting "
Gladiate: Playername
". Votecounts will be reset, and you and the other player will become the only voteable players for that day phase.
--
Pizza Leaflets:
: Crier: During the night, you may post in the game thread anonymously via the moderator.
--
Delivered to your door
: Rolecop: During the night, you may target 1 player to learn their role. However, if you target a mafia player, you will instead learn their fakeclaim, as they don't tend to keep incriminating evidence in the hallway.

Spoiler: Odd-Night Vigilante, Firaja, Tiger Bread
Hullo Firaja! You are town. Also, you are tiger bread, a fairly typical loaf of bread aside from its hard mottled crust, which is formed of cracks which occur during the baking process. It is most commonly known as tiger bread due to the varying shades of orange-brown on the crust resembling that of a tiger's skin.

Tiger bread is top of the bread food chain, and as such you may kill a player every other night.
-
Natural Breadator:
Odd-Night Vigilante: On odd nights, you may target a player and kill them.

Spoiler: Miller Cop-Out, Creature, Canadian White
Hullo Creature! You are town. Also, you are Canadian white bread, a commonly sold 'typical' style of white bread. White bread itself is bread without the bran, which makes it less healthy for you but, in the court of public opinion, a great deal tastier. Canadian white bread is defined by being white bread made in the Canadian style of making white bread, which essentially just changes up the texture a little bit. It's only referred to as Canadian white bread outside of Canada, because in Canada it is literally just white bread.
It's basically white bread, but it's from Canada. It's a bit of a cop out, really.
-
Not from around here:
Miller: Cop results on you will determine that you are mafia, even though you are town-aligned.
-
Cop-Out
: Cop-Out: Once per night, you may target another player to determine whether they have been the target of an investigative role other than yours during or prior to that night, receiving a binary positive/negative result.

Spoiler: Double Voter, Wormhole, Challah
Hullo, Wormhole/Blackvoid and skitter30! You are town. Also, you are challah, a traditional Jewish bread usually eaten on occasions of religious importance in Jewish culture. It is named challah for the process of leaving aside some of the dough that would be used in the bread as a tithe. The bread itself is made from dough that has been braided together, which gives it a bumpy appearance. Challah's role in traditional meals is that the meals begin with two loaves of bread.
There's two loaves, there's two of you, and you get two votes.
-
Lechem Mishneh:
Double Voter: In each day phase, except for any in which town-aligned players hold a majority by 2 players or less, you may have two votes in place simultaneously. This ability will not be visible in vote counts until you have two votes in place simultaneously.

Spoiler: 2-shot Jailkeeper, Fykus, Pancake
Hullo, Fykus! You are town. Also, you are a pancake, a flat cake that would be unexceptional were it not for it holding the same advantage as many flat bread products- it serves as a conduit for other foods. Pancakes can be either savoury or sweet, have an entire day dedicated to them, and have a variety of cross-cultural differences in recipe and purpose.
Like pancakes, you shall contain other food.
-
Envelop the Tasties:
2-shot Jailkeeper: Once per night, you may target another player. They will be roleblocked and any actions they attempt to perform will fail. They will also be protected from night kills. You may only use this ability 2 times.

Spoiler: One-Shot Nightskip, Smocaine, Dampfnudel
Hullo, Smocaine! You are town. Also, you are dampfnudel, a German sweet bread in the form of a roll. The sweetness of the bread is primarily due to the butter and milk used in the recipe, though some recipes may also include sugar. There is a story about a baker who made over 1000 dampfnudel to feed soldiers who were running amok in a village, who then ceased pillaging said village.
As dampfnudel, you too can make everyone stop ruining the town and just go home.
-
The Dampfnudel Gates:
One-Shot Nightskip: Once in the game, during the day, you may PM the moderator to skip the coming night at the end of the day and go straight to the next day. The decision to use this action is final and must take place before the final vote of a lynch.

Spoiler: Tracker, Drealmerz7, Ciabatta
Hullo, Drealmerz7! You are town. Also, you are a ciabatta, an Italian bread which is long and somewhat flat. The ciabatta was basically conceived as the Italian knock-off of the French baguette, although since then the ciabatta has itself evolved to have many variations in recipe, texture and taste.
At the end of the day though, it's basically just a long bread that's not a baguette. As a ciabatta, you too can follow things like the ciabatta followed the baguette.
-
The Next Best Thing:
Tracker: Once per night, you may target another player to learn who they targeted that night, if anyone.

Spoiler: Compulsive Motion Detector, Fenraiser, Croissant
Hullo Fenraiser! You are town. Also, you are a croissant, a French buttery pastry with a curvy shape and little flaky layers over its body. Croissants can have a number of different fillings or be eaten plain, and either way are sweet due to their existing butter content- some people will add more butter though.
As a croissant, you're really messy to eat and flakes get everywhere, even if you try really hard to stop that from happening. Also you're kind of squishy. But hey, getting around unnoticed and knowing when you've been stepped on is useful!
-
Flaky Tasty Croissant:
Compulsive Motion Detector: Each night, you must target a player. If they perform a night action, or someone performs a night action on them, you will receive a positive result and a negative result otherwise.

Scumteam:

Spoiler: Odd-Night Modified Informed Fruit Vendor. Banana-Fueled Strongman, Misatange, Banana Bread
Hullo, Misatange! You are mafia.{Your buddies are McMenno and CityElectric. PT linked here.}You are also banana bread, a sweet bread which is really just bananas baked into bread, probably with some binding that incidentally makes it more cake-like. Banana bread is a great use of bananas that are about to go off and is generally baked in the form of a traditional general-purpose loaf despite being a sweet bread.
Banana bread technically must be good for you because it contains fruit, so that healthy lifestyle ought to help get one over people you're trying to kill.
-
Bananas for All!:
Odd-Night Modified Informed Fruit Vendor: On odd nights, you may target another player. You will visit them and they will be privately informed that they gave away their over-ripe bananas, but not to whom they were given. You will be informed whether or not it succeeded.
-
Banana-Fueled Strength:
Banana-Fueled Strongman: On a night immediately following the successful acquisition of bananas from another player, if you perform the factional kill, the kill may not be blocked by any means.

{-
It's good for fakeclaims too
: Fakeclaim: Your official fakeclaim is an Odd-Night Modified Informed Fruit Vendor and Banana-Fueled Cop. As this is not obvious, details are below;
--
Banana for Scale
: Banana-Fueled Cop: On a night immediately following the successful acquisition of bananas from another player, you may target a player to learn their alignment.}

Spoiler: Modified Enabler Neighbour , McMenno, Pizza Crust
Hullo, McMenno! You are mafia.{Your buddies are CityElectric and Misatange. PT linked here.} You are also pizza crust, the hard edge of a pizza that you hold onto a slice of pizza from. Typically, this part of the pizza is not seasoned in the way that the main body of a pizza is, nor does it have cheese or tomato, but it does offer structural support. In the modern era of fast food, the crust has been played with in a number of ways, the most common of which is to stuff the crust with cheese.
As the crust, you offer structural support. You are also part of a pizza, contained within a box.
-Structural Support:
Modified Enabler: You start the game enabling Whemestar. When you die, all abilities of the player you are enabling will cease to function. Once per night, you may target a player. If this action succeeds, you will no longer enable the player you previously enabled and instead enable your target. This has no effect while you are alive, and only serves to disable them upon your death.
-Put it in a Box:
Neighbour: You are in a pizza box neighbourhood with Whemestar.

{
-Trust the Crust:
Fakeclaim: Your official fakeclaim is that you enable Whemestar.}

Spoiler: Godfather Flavourcop, CityElectric, Suikerbrood
Hullo, CityElectric! You are mafia. {Your buddies are Misatange and McMenno. PT linked here.} You are also suikerbrood, a Dutch sweet bread. The bread itself is baked in the traditional loaf shape most would associate with savoury breads, and in fact the only real difference between suikerbrood and the traditional white bread loaf is the abundance of sugar baked into the loaf.
From the outside, you look just like the typical loaf! Also, as a blunt mixture of the sweet and savoury, you can tell what's what in the world of bread.
-Hidden From View:
Godfather: Your true mafia nature will not be visible to cop checks.
-Full of Flavour:
Flavourcop: Once per night, you may target a player to learn their flavour.

{
-Deceitfully Sugary:
Fakeclaim: Your official fakeclaim is flavourcop.}
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 am

Post by jjh927 »

Night actions:

Night 1:

Fishythefish kills creature
Misatange fruit vendors chickadee
Fishythefish flavourcops Dunkerdoodles
Whemestar rolecops Dunkerdoodles
Firebringer vigs Misatange
Drealmerz7 tracks McMenno
Chickadee friendly neighbours Drealmerz
Creature copouts Whemestar (negative result)
Dunkerdoodles motion detectors wormhole (negative result)

Day 2:
Smocaine skips night

Literally nothing else
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 am

Post by MisaTange »

Ty for hosting jjh!!!
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

Gg!

Sorry Fish :(

That was a rough spot to be in given that the PoE pool was relatively small.

I thought Gork was the night-skipper lol

And was thinking masons for wheme/chick.

Thanks jj!
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Chickadee »

That was a good game. Had a lot of stupid moments...but a good game.

Thanks jjh :D

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Chickadee »

I'm honestly surprised that one of wheme or myself did not get killed N1. It honestly kinda made me scum read him, thinking mafia didn't want to lose one of their own to kill town. Paranoid thinking I guess.

Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Gorkington »

i basically claimed when firebringer said he was going to shoot me tbh.
i didnt realize he was joking.
lol
trash
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

Same actually. I had you two down as masons-or-something-similar from really early day1, and was kinda confused why that thread seemed to have disappeared day2, which is where some of my suspicion of Wheme stemmed from during his Dunk result/claim thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”