Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 696, Mathdino wrote:Also both of you need to link your meta's. Specifically scumgames.
I have one scumgame here, coincidentally on a team with sheep in a 9er newbie. I'm hardcoreUFO on MU and POG, and I'm dangerous and awesome.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

orite i was scum in that hydra game against tor which i dont want to look for
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 am

Post by momo »

In post 692, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: tor

yes i will :D
In post 694, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: dia
tor can you put this at l=1
How does this progression make sense

scumreading to buddying

VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Mathdino »

are you even aware that sheep/tora are lovers momo

please read
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 685, MathBlade wrote:
In post 679, DiamondSentinel wrote:Anyways, game at hand. MathBlade, why exactly do you insist that I'm scum here? My wagon seems to have sprouted because Dino didn't agree with my sentiments, sheep blatantly OMGUSing, and then everyone sheeping him because shitposting?
Wagon analysis and your partner’s wagon flopping looks like flirting with danger.
Yay... So it's nothing to do with me.

You asked why I didn't tell my partner my plan? This is why.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 am

So, since nobody seems keen on actually reading what I'm saying, I'll go ahead and spell out the progression of my thought process.

Pre-game:

Wow. Perpetual MyLo fucking sucked, so I can't trust anyone, especially people I know are on my team. Time to go solo at this.

Game-start:

Information is our goal here. The sooner we can lock the scum into associations, the less wiggle room they have, and the more we have to work with.
[enter MathDino] Oh great... Already talk of a rando-lynch.
[inaudible screeching] fuck rando-lynch
If they don't stop talking about rando-lynch, I will replace out. I'll give them like 3 days.

Meat and Potatoes of the Game:

Well, I can't convince anyone worth a damn, so as long as my partner is making intelligent lynches that I'm not completely opposed to, I guess I'll just sheep them. Not a huge fan, but that gets us 2 guaranteed votes on a wagon, so it's a start.
Oh hey, this is going terribly. These votes are getting more and more spastic.
Aaaaaaand now there's a wagon. Everyone's my enemy here; go on the defensive.
Hey, more flailing by my partner. plz stop
Fighting Math and Math. Not exactly my favorite situation to be in...
Welp, if I die here, I'm gonna assume it's auto-lose for town. I've seen nothing to the contrary to suggest that the town isn't going to let scum lead them straight off a cliff.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 am

Post by momo »

In post 703, Mathdino wrote:are you even aware that sheep/tora are lovers momo

please read
I am aware..but this joke is scummy
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:56 am

And now we here! My to-do list.
  • Don't bother ISOing MathDino. As much as they piss me off, I'm going with them being town. Same with MathBlade. There will be negligible progress there, if any.
  • Don't bother ISOing sheep. 100% shitposting
  • Maybe site-ISO Tor? I dunno. I don't even see any townslips in their ISO, which also knocks MathDino off the townlist quite a lot, tbh. Until Math actually tells me the supposed townslip, this is not happening.
  • Investigate whether or not anyone else has a worthy ISO. Momo's putting up some red flags here and there. Lal and Cy could use an ISO to see if they are really worthy of my townread. Kop doesn't have enough content, looking at his ISO length. (But momo and Cy both have only marginally more content. This is not working out in my favor)
Yep. So, right now, there's nothing productive I can really do aside from ISO dive through a single 35 post ISO and a bunch of <20 post ones.
“Why was I chosen?'
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Mathdino »

Self thought progression checks out.

Tora townslip is forgetting who his lover was and then forgetting who other people's lovers are. Also buddying up to me should be a major red flag/thing-to-avoid as scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Mathdino »

Importantly, Tora referred to it as a townslip and then realised his mistake by checking
the thread (Llama's replacement)
, not his PM.

So I need evidence that Tora has done brazen shit like that as scum. Risky moves.

- Forgetting things about the setup that he should know as scum
- Calling himself locktown
- Buddying up to someone by literally refusing to lynch them
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 25, Toranaga wrote:random lynch GOAT

also I'm lovers with someone I forgot which makes me lock town

also never lynching amrochora even if she is a wolf
Calling himself locktown, not lynching my slot. Scum can just say "I forgot my lover" but the progression is important here. The fact that he doesn't realise that scum can "forget their lover" is even more evidence this is a genuine townslip.
In post 26, Toranaga wrote:
In post 14, LlamaFluff wrote:
sheepsaysmeep replaces jzhenson93
ah ok it was literally this guy

hi sheep
Timestamped 2 minutes after (which likely means less than 2 minutes elapsed). I don't believe this is the time that Tora takes to check his role PM, pick someone to pick his "lover", and then go to the thread and find Llama replacing him.
In post 29, Toranaga wrote:neither of us wrote anything in our PT lol

taking your posts at face value as well and locking you as town this game :thumbsup:

let's lynch someone that isn't the 4 of us

/in before the 4 of us is the mafia team
Lol.
In post 31, Toranaga wrote:I'm only now reading the game properly, and for some reason I thought you were lovers with pisskop :P just realised you're the replacement and lovers with amrochora.

I thought we should all claim, because then you can read one or both heads of a lover claim as scummy and that's where you wanna lynch.
Doesn't understand my pair at all. Didn't realise Amro/me was the pair previously.

Also, Tora clearly understands the logic behind scum picking their lovers. Keep in mind that scum should ideally pick lovers such that a townish scum is paired with scummy scum, rather than pairing 2 scummy scum together.

Tora has played with sheep before. It makes no sense that Tora, REGARDLESS OF WHO THE MAFIA IS, would go ahead and pick sheep of all people as his "lover". This is the way to getting lynched.
In post 35, Toranaga wrote:LOL

there's a good chance both amrochora and manrock forgot all about this game

it's too bad, I like playing with them

also I believe you too. game highly POE'd down already imo
More crazy buddying.

Upon reread, the only questionable thing I think is the reference to manrock, which leads credence to the idea of sheep/Tora/Red/manrock.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 am

In post 708, Mathdino wrote:Self thought progression checks out.

Tora townslip is forgetting who his lover was and then forgetting who other people's lovers are. Also buddying up to me should be a major red flag/thing-to-avoid as scum.
The first thing is completely not a townslip. The second thing is likely not a townslip, or else I've been townslipping myself the entire time because I never know who anyone's lovers are. I only vaguely know now because of all the wagons.

The third is a townslip because.... why?
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 am

Alright math. You have a possible team. If you are truly as open to me being town as you suggest you are, then let's pursue sheep/tora/red/manrock as a team. I don't remember anything noteworthy from the latter two, but the former 2 are hitting some red flags.
“Why was I chosen?'
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Mathdino »

@sheep
@Tora
@Red

Questions for all of you.

1. Did you agree/understand when I presented the random lynch idea that it statistically benefits town?

2. If you were scum, would you go with an idea that produces a 40% winrate for you?

3. Did you at the beginning of the game believe that the rest of the town might agree to a random lynch?

For RedFlavor:
4. In , when you said I should roll the dice, did you understand that I was suggesting sheep roll the dice?

Edit: Read RedFlavor's ISO. I'm not sure it's consistent with sheep!scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 712, DiamondSentinel wrote:Alright math. You have a possible team. If you are truly as open to me being town as you suggest you are, then let's pursue sheep/tora/red/manrock as a team. I don't remember anything noteworthy from the latter two, but the former 2 are hitting some red flags.
I'm not there yet. First glance suggests the 4 but second glance strongly suggests against it. I'm not doing the "Math comes up with an idea and Diamond Jedi-mind-tricks him into thinking it's the best idea". I still need convincing.

Once the 3 of them respond to my questions I'll explain my hesitance on that specific team of 4.

Also read my Tora towncase.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 702, momo wrote:
In post 692, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: tor

yes i will :D
In post 694, sheepsaysmeep wrote:VOTE: dia
tor can you put this at l=1
How does this progression make sense

scumreading to buddying

VOTE: sheepsaysmeep
ok mathblade2
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Mathdino »

Also, potential townslips are only not townslips if scum would intentionally do them to make it seem like a townslip. My first scumgame I pretended to not realise daytalk wasn't a thing and got locked as town. I can never do that again. (Hilariously, it was multiball and I just got shot by the other team anyway)

@Tora
: While you're here, respond to my questions and also explain your townread on Red/manrock. I need reconvincing.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 713, Mathdino wrote:
@sheep
@Tora
@Red

Questions for all of you.

1. Did you agree/understand when I presented the random lynch idea that it statistically benefits town?
I actually think it works greatly as a reaction test because it puts scum on a very awkward position. ultimately I'd choose to play mafia instead.

2. If you were scum, would you go with an idea that produces a 40% winrate for you?
I might not give a fuck as scum in a game like this to be quite honest with you.

3. Did you at the beginning of the game believe that the rest of the town might agree to a random lynch?
my only thought when I understood the setup was that it was an awful setup lol.

For RedFlavor:
4. In , when you said I should roll the dice, did you understand that I was suggesting sheep roll the dice?

Edit: Read RedFlavor's ISO. I'm not sure it's consistent with sheep!scum.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i didnt see those questions until tor answered them lol
1 yeah
2 yeah
3 yeah

:/
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 716, Mathdino wrote:Also, potential townslips are only not townslips if scum would intentionally do them to make it seem like a townslip. My first scumgame I pretended to not realise daytalk wasn't a thing and got locked as town. I can never do that again. (Hilariously, it was multiball and I just got shot by the other team anyway)

@Tora
: While you're here, respond to my questions and also explain your townread on Red/manrock. I need reconvincing.
I mean it's literally this post:
In post 308, RedFlavor wrote:Manrock: hey Ill hit 100 posts
Me: this setup seems interesting should we claim lovers or not

Btw what if kop did not see those posts
but hm. come to think of it it sounds a little fake. I can't see town!redflavor saying anything looks interesting lol
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 705, DiamondSentinel wrote:Welp, if I die here, I'm gonna assume it's auto-lose for town. I've seen nothing to the contrary to suggest that the town isn't going to let scum lead them straight off a cliff.
wait lol this is scum
town would be more interested in last words and directing tomorrow's lynch
but anyway

@Tora:

1. So you only semi-agreed to it ("random lynch GOAT") as a reaction test? Did you intend to lynch cytheflyguy when you sheeped sheep? Also did you even believe I believed it :lol:

2. I don't know what not giving a fuck as scum entails. Like not caring if we random lynch?

3. I meant on the 2nd page, not the beginning, sorry. Did you, after I suggested the random lynch idea, think town might actually agree to it?

Lord do I agree this is an awful setup.

Edit: no sheep fuck you please answer in complete sentences or you're getting lynched one of these days
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:36 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

1) yeah i did agree
2) yeah i would go with it
3) yeah i did think that

shit those arent complete sentences
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 721, sheepsaysmeep wrote:1) yeah i did agree
2) yeah i would go with it
3) yeah i did think that

shit those arent complete sentences
1. And you agreed before I suggested that you be the one to roll the dice, right? Like you thought I would roll the dice?

2. So you, as scum, would let me roll the dice knowing it would give you a maybe 30-40% winrate? What?

3. k thx

Bonus: Nice grammar knowledge, those are actually complete sentences.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:39 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

do i not need a comma

blame my english teacher
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 722, Mathdino wrote:2. So you, as scum, would let me roll the dice knowing it would give you a maybe 30-40% winrate? What?
arguing against it would be a scumclaim for me
i cant come up with good reasons

Return to “Completed Open Games”