northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

wow, finally getting this started - it feels like it's been over a month since i signed up.
In post 24, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 18, Creature wrote:Leaving here that I detected so far one post that looks very forced and one post that looks very genuine.

Free towncred if you can find each.
12 & 16?

Also I get the feeling this question is to just test for people who want to appear townie.
why did you answer it, then?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:42 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
VOTE: mutantdevle
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 41, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 39, northsidegal wrote:
In post 35, mutantdevle wrote:Speaking of which, Texcat, are you going to tell us what role you chose? Since you are the first in the draft order you are guaranteed to have a PR. Hence you are the most likely candidate for the scum to shoot.
VOTE: mutantdevle
???

It's a basic analysis that any decent scum would conclude. On the flipside, if Texcat survives the first 2 nights then that would be a major scum tell for me.

I'm not demanding she role claims, I'm just asking her if she is going to. I do not expect her to tell us what her role is if it gives absolutely no benefit to us. But it's a basic fact that Texcat is DEFINITELY a PR, the allignment of this however is unknown.
why would texcat tell us what role she chose? what possible benefit could we get out of that, especially on day one? even more, in you're assuming that texcat is town.

the sooner we stop talking about the setup the better, and i'm pretty sure i've already found something.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:26 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 43, mutantdevle wrote:There are a few roles that we may benefit from being aware exists, not many though. And if she is scum then her telling us her role is all the better.
okay, explain it to me - in what scenario does it benefit us for texcat to claim?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 54, mutantdevle wrote: To some extent that is a good thing (assuming she is town). A protective role may no longer be required to prevent her death since the scum may assume she is protected anyway. I'd also argue that she is probably one of the more powerful PRs. I don't know about others, but I chose my role based on what I thought would have been taken. As a result, my role choice is neither the strongest role in the game nor what my first choice would be.
please stop hinting at what your role may be or that you even have a role - it doesn't benefit anyone except for scum. especially given that scum will know more about the setup than any one individual townie, just knowing that nobody beneath you has your role is just as damaging for town.
In post 55, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 53, wilky wrote:
In post 52, mutantdevle wrote:If I were a PGO I would want the town to know that so that no protective roles get themselves killed trying to save me; is the death a scum really worth the loss of 2 (or more) townies with at least one being a protective role? At the very least I'd probably fake claim as either PGO or commuter so that the scum are more sceptical of voting for me.

And at no point am I backtracking here. I was always going to back down on the prospect of a claim if you explained you had no desire to do so; I'm sorry if I didn't explicitly state that in my first message. Since you have now said you don't want to role claim, that's the end of it.

"I AM NOT BACKTRACKING.... I'M JUST UHMMM.... EHHMM... FINISHED WITH THE CONVERSATION!!!!!1"
I had no intent to start much of a conversation. What I expected from that post was either "no I don't want to role claim" or "yes, I'm this role". The result of a yes may have led to a discussion of where to go from there but a no would have had no effect on how to play that day. I did not anticipate such a negative reaction to the prospect of a confirmed PR player revealing what that PR is if they themselves had deemed it something that was beneficial to the town.
what did you really expect to gain if texcat said that she was the cop or the doctor or something? like, i don't understand why you wanted to have this conversation right now at the beginning of the day and i don't understand what you thought we'd gain out of it anyways.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 58, mutantdevle wrote:If they did role claim something like cop though
(which I don't think any town player in their right mind would do)
then
I would consider them town
?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 61, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 60, northsidegal wrote:
In post 58, mutantdevle wrote:If they did role claim something like cop though
(which I don't think any town player in their right mind would do)
then
I would consider them town
?
Like I said. I was not after a cop claim. My point here is that anyone who claims to have the cop role I would consider town because of how useless the role is to scum. However, I would not consider role claiming as cop before you have any results as a good idea.
certainly you realize that a scum redirector could just fakeclaim as cop, right?
In post 62, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 50, wilky wrote:
In post 46, mutantdevle wrote: Additionally, what role you chose may be reflective of your alignment. Eg. a cop isn't very likely to be chosen by scum.

Right, so lets
ALL
roleclaim then. I mean that will solve the whole game right?

You keep talking about scum being effected by the role being chosen first and that it could damage scum. Who's to say you didn't want to find out because you're scum and want to know if the kill would be successful tonight then?

Furthermore, why wouldn't mafia take cop if they had first choice? I mean I know it doesn't benefit them as much as town but if scum were to take roles such as cop early in the draft they could stop town from having them roles so roles are not AI at all.
I doubt that scum were really in the draft.
what makes you say that?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 72, Chip Butty wrote:This is my first u-pick game. Is it usual for scum to participate in the draft?
i mean, 14 out of 14 players are in the draft order - i'm not sure whether i believe this or not.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 140, CommKnight wrote:Now, can anyone guess why I wanted this information?
so given that scum can coordinate their picks, we can probably assume that there's at most one scum within each given number group. i don't think scum would try to wifom this point when it means giving so much power to town. this also gives me a few ideas about the motivations behind a few numbers, but those are for later - it's stupid to base entire reads off of picks.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm here, catching up plus a bit of commentary.

viomi's entrance is alright - it's mostly mechanical talk but there's nothing overtly awkward or scummy.
not really sure what to make of the whole chip/wilky interaction.
assemble's entrance is bad, but i don't really know how to read him.
i like lalendra's entrance - from what i can tell she didn't really avoid any of the current discussions or focus on one too much, when i think scum could've very easily done either. same with city's, she doesn't seem to be afraid of attention.
In post 145, Viomi wrote:1. I don't think scum gets to talk before draft
2. Even if they did, they could have multiple people choose the same thing just to throw people like you off. It's WIFOM.
i really don't think this is likely. scum who choose the same number essentially give up their chances at a pr, and i'm not sure they can afford to do that. that's a lot of power to give town just for some wifom. obviously this won't be relevant for a while and it should probably never be the entire basis for any reads, but it should help when trying to poe the game.

even though i still think mutant should be today's lynch, i feel a little uncomfortable with the early l-1.

In post 161, mutantdevle wrote:Also, do you all really think that scum would make such a big slip as this so early in the game? I've never seen it but obviously nothing I say bears any weight.
this really grabs my attention - i'll respond to this and more of that same post in a second.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 161, mutantdevle wrote:Also, do you all really think that scum would make
such a big slip as this
so early in the game? I've never seen it but obviously nothing I say bears any weight.
why are you calling it a slip? the whole day you've been maintaining that what you've done isn't scummy at all and that it's just our interpretation of it. framing it as a slip implies that you recognize that it's scummy. to me, this suggests you don't actually believe what you're saying, but you recognize that backtracking at this point would be suicide. like, you can't have it both ways - you can't say that what you didn't wasn't scummy and also say that it was too scummy to be scum at the same time as a defense.
If I were in all your's situation I would have probably initially been on my wagon when the whole "GAH HE'S ROLEFISHING, MUST BE SCUM" thing started but
I'm sure I would have unvoted upon explanation only to revote again if no better candidate was found.
I have always valued a lynch over a no lynch so I am always one to vote on people I'm not even entirely sure are scum if time gets low. I even do that when it means lynching myself. If time gets low on D1 I can assure you I would help y'all to lynch me if time required but I just can't help but feel there are a lot of scum on my wagon when they are so prepared to end the day so early.
i really don't like this - you're trying to paint it that your defense is a perfect explanation of why what you've done is townie and everyone still on the wagon is just being irrational. like, what you did was scummy. what you're continuing to do is
still
scummy - nothing's changed.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 164, wilky wrote:What would claiming actually acheive in this setup though? Claiming any role doesn't give answer to alignment.
not sure about for the game in general, but i have a theory as to why mutant's been playing the way he has - i'd still like him to claim to see if it holds any water.
I don't have much to add to the intent on mutant, I personally see him as idiot town but I can see why he would be perceived as scum. I wouldn't hammer him so early in D1 though we are then missing out on so much time to get information and draw scum out.
agreed - there's still a lot of time left in the day, there's no real need to end it so early.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

apologies for the low activity - reading through i'm definitely agreeing with texcat here.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

anyone else noticing how mutant only seems to appear or talk when the wagon is on him, but when the focus is shifted away he mysteriously disappears? like, where are the verbose walls for scumhunting rather than just trying to convince everyone that you weren't rolefishing?

i'm still on for mutant.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 362, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 184, northsidegal wrote:not sure about for the game in general, but i have a theory as to why mutant's been playing the way he has - i'd still like him to claim to see if it holds any water.
You never told us your theory. Sure I never properly role claimed but rereading this peaked my interest. So if you want to theorise about something then now is the time to do so.
In post 363, Lalendra wrote:She probably didn't tell you her theory because you didn't claim so it's still just a theory.
In post 368, Assemblerotws wrote:UNVOTE:
North. Please share your theory.
lalendra is right - the theory is based on mutant claiming. if i share it beforehand then it won't mean anything, and in fact it would probably end up being a lot worse for town. i usually don't like making cryptic comments like that but i'm not sure what else to say.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 383, mutantdevle wrote:I'd also encourage people to check out CommKnight's meta. The basic conclusion that I'd draw from it is that he seems to be more active in most other games than he is in this one.
comm is v/la - he even announced so in-thread:
In post 350, CommKnight wrote:
@Mod:
V/LA till December 7th. Next 3 days are going to be crazy with school projects and everyone wanting a piece of my time.
when you looked at his meta, did you notice that he was less active as scum as a tendency or are you just throwing shade?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

aster's response to pisskop seems like an overreaction to me. i can understand getting annoyed but writing a script to ignore an entire player's posts is a bit much – i have to wonder if he's just saying that, and hasn't actually done anything.

i'd still far prefer a mutant lynch, here. it seems to me like most every game i'm in scum will have get voted and have a wagon on them, but for one reason or another it won't end up going through and someone else ends up getting lynched, ususally town. i don't want that to happen here – i'm confident that mutant is scum.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:40 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 586, Creature wrote:CityElectric, Lalendra, northsidegal and Viomi are like the most generic players and scum are usually generic. Sheeping others and not having unique opinions is a good way to stay under the radar.
generic
? i haven't sheeped a single person this game – everyone else sheeped me. i'm still confident that i caught scum at the start of the day yesterday, but this is just a flat out lie.

VOTE: creature
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 580, Aster wrote:In particular Northside and CommKnight look suspicious. Northside definitely passes the contributory standards to be considered for nightkilling, and has solid chances at having a powerrole. Aside from possibly being protected by the doctor, I'm a bit curious why she wasn't targetted.

CommKnight, further down the list, definitely doesn't look like he was going to be protected by the doctor. He wasn't a huge contributor, but he isn't too far below Misa. Comm also went after Creature and Mutant. It does appear unlikely to me that the mafia would move their kill two spots down merely on the difference in contributiveness between them.
you're basing too much of your analysis solely off of the draft order while ignoring what went on during the day. killing me might have brought too much attention to something (the mutant wagon, mainly). alternatively, scum might want me around because i'm totally off on the mutant wagon. comm also hasn't been very active and hasn't been his usual "big" personality. misa makes sense as a kill, to me – she didn't seem to be scumread by many and she wasn't that widely outspoken on an issue such that killing her would draw a lot of attention somewhere.

in fact, typing that out makes me wonder if scum deliberately shot lower down to bring lynch attention higher on the list – that way, the get rid of more prs by lynching them rather than having to shoot them.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod the votecount is wrong, i'm not voting viomi

catching up now.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so viomi if i'm understanding this right, and were supposed to be reaction tests / gambits?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

it definitely seems like there's more going on with viomi than it initially seems, and i'm not really convinced that it's because she's scum.
In post 735, texcat wrote:@Mutant, I thought that Aster made a pretty good case on Viomi yesterday. (post ), saying that she wasn't thinking about the game, not really scum hunting and just conveniently reacting to the thread.
We've seen that continue today
, with all of the ad hominem arguments calling us all morons and quite a bit of omgus.
i think there's a stark difference in her play from yesterday compared to today. in fact, i'm pretty sure more than half or even two thirds of her iso is just from today – she's certainly stepped up the activity and engagement.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (isolation #22) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 752, Creature wrote:If you want reasons:
CommKnight because he still seems different from how I picture him as town;
CityElectric because he has been generic and seems the most coasty.
it seems to me like this is comm's town meta. granted, i haven't played a game with him where he was scum, but comm always seems to me to be this abrasive. how do you picture him as town and what's the difference between that and this game?
In post 770, Creature wrote:It's more that no one's getting towncred if Viomi flips scum lol
could you explain what you mean by this?

hi cheeky!! welcome back!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (isolation #23) » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 815, Chip Butty wrote:Hey, welcome back CT! I think your slot is town.
wait, what? what happened to that huge fight between you and wilky earlier in the game?
CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 182, northsidegal wrote:i like lalendra's entrance - from what i can tell she didn't really avoid any of the current discussions or focus on one too much, when i think scum could've very easily done either. same with city's, she doesn't seem to be afraid of attention.
How are you feeling about these slots now?
neither have done much since then, really. i don't have any experience with cityelectric but lalendra is playing differently than from what i've seen of her – even still, i think i've liked her so far.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod v/la until friday, having internet issues

sorry everyone
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm back, i've got a lot of reading / catching up to do

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by northsidegal »

still typing it right now.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 839, CheekyTeeky wrote:Comm what you've done is very anti-town. I don't even see how what you did was provoked? Chip didn't ask you to show how you're getting your reads, he asked if people have the same activity meta read if you this game.
are you talking about ? if so, what was anti-town about that?
In post 894, Aster wrote:Tl;dr: CommKnight is trying to deceive town for his own agenda. Deceiving town is both antitown and scummy. My vote stays where it is.
what makes you think that comm's percentage table was an intentional effort to mislead people? you obviously understand probabilities pretty well – why come to the conclusion that he's lying rather than just mistaken?

is pretty damning. i thought comm's plan made sense but the inconsistencies reveal a faked thought process.
In post 979, Chip Butty wrote:Hey CT, what's with your numbers thing? It sounds as flaky as CK's numbers thing...
i'm definitely agreeing with this. like, some people have said that high numbers are towntells, others low numbers – i think there's plausible motivation for both town and scum to pick any numbers. the only solid tell i would go on would be that scum won't choose the same number.
In post 989, CheekyTeeky wrote:1. I backed off because you took the time to refute Aster's case, which looked genuine. Also you've been softing since you got here and you're obviously a PR based on the draft so the point you're actually making is how stupid you must think I am.
2. I want to test my theory. I do believe there is higher scum density in the top 5 like Aster said. Im happy lynching assemble because I find what he has posted scummy and he isn't a big loss if he flips town. Just because somebody is a PR doesn't make them town bro.
if you think there's higher scum density in the top 5 and you also recognize that somebody being a pr doesn't make them town, why would you back off of comm just because he's softing?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1011, CityElectric wrote:I crazy dislike how Creature has been dancing around the Comm wagon all day. First he's calling for a Comm wagon for days, then he only hops on the wagon when someone else has already voted for Comm and then the moment the wagon starts to get somewhere, he hops back off with 'I don't feel like it anymore'. There's overall a lot of saying 'I want to lynch/pressure this player' and fairly little action towards actually doing so in Creature's posts. @Creature: is the reason you hopped off because you thought he was softing a PR, or because there legitimately was something town about the way he reacted to being pressured?
these are my thoughts exactly.
In post 1022, mutantdevle wrote:Let's be honest here, CommKnight's actions have been scummy as heck. But anyone who has acknowledged her softclaiming a PR and then now hardclaiming one but is still prepared to lynch them then they are either scum trying to get this lynch over with just to claim "oooh whoops, t'was an accident" afterwards or is completely fucking stupid.
what?? obviously you realize that scum can be power roles as well, right?
In post 1033, texcat wrote:NorthSide's vote has been parked on Creature. Northside, can you give us a reads list? I'm not sure where you stand on the wagons of the day.
In post 1034, Creature wrote:Yeah, we kind of forgot northside.
i've been having internet issues.
In post 1087, Creature wrote:Congratulations, northsidegal. You won your scum game. I hope you enjoyed playing scum even though it wasn't much of a challenge.
where did this even come from?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oh, and
VOTE: commknight

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by northsidegal »

how do you know he's a town pr and not a scum pr?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1137, CheekyTeeky wrote:I thought that was pretty obvious. Why is he going to the trouble of working out percentages of different slots being a PR and listing it in public? If he is town he's doing the legwork for scum. Scum know which PRs they have so they now have a far narrower pool if they believe Comm's pool works out. The only intent I could see for town comm doing it was to say "see I am trying to solve the game" but that leaves me like "Bruh you're solving the game for scum" also comm's softing (along with Mutant claiming for him) is extremely anti-town as it narrows targets even further.
what? isn't it just common sense that the people higher up on the draft order are more likely to be scum? like, it doesn't seem like there's any reveal of information there. what would scum gain out of that that they didn't already know? also, aster did the same thing in – in fact, aster apparently
corrected
comm's incorrect analysis. i think neither actons are scummy in and of themselves, but if you see comm's list as scummy, do you think the same thing about aster's?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (isolation #32) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

more likely to be a power role, that is.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1140, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think you've misread me. I said I backed off after he took the time to refute Aster's case - as all game I've only seen him set-up spec and ignore content. When he refuted the case I found that his responses could be given the benefit of the doubt hence I said he could stick around another day. But straight after my push he votes me and is 100% convinced I'm scum because I don't agree with leaving the top 5. Or so I assume because he doesn't have a case on me that has not been refuted.
ah, so not because of the pr softing?

what's your read on creature, cheeky?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1146, Creature wrote:
In post 1136, northsidegal wrote:how do you know he's a town pr and not a scum pr?
It doesn't matter mostly. Town is usually hesitant to lynching a PR claim no matter their read. The lack of hesitation usually comes from scum because they don't want to preserve PRs other than themselves.
i mean, certainly you realized that comm had a pretty good chance of being a pr when you first voted him and pushed for his wagon, right? town is usually hesitant to lynch a pr claim because in most games prs connect directly with alignment. that's not the case in this game. what's with the shift?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (isolation #35) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1151, CheekyTeeky wrote:NSG what do you think of mutant today? You seemed pretty adamant about his lynch yesterday.
i'm gonna be honest here – i've pretty much started skipping over most of what mutant is saying. i was completely astonished at the end of the day yesterday when i realized that i was the only one still left on his wagon and everyone else had moved over to pisskop. today it seemed like everyone was just willing to look past him, so i decided to try to be more productive rather than tunneling. a lot of people say that as a player i tend to pursue my scumreads a little single-mindedly, so i've been trying to get over that this game. with that said, i still think he's scummy.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1155 (isolation #36) » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1152, CommKnight wrote:@NSG, you're a bloody idiot. I'm just gonna call you out here since after my lynch you'll be like "Whoops, I was wrong". No shit sherlock.
why me specifically? you're not exactly giving me huge reason to not want to lynch you, but i'm willing to hear you out. why is chip scum?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (isolation #37) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1307, Creature wrote:texcat and Assemble are my townreads, so that leaves Cheeky, Chip and Lalendra.
where does your assemble townread come from? i don't think you've even mentioned him before this the entire game.
In post 1330, Creature wrote:northsidegal is way more competent than how she has been this game.
In post 1331, Viomi wrote:
In post 1330, Creature wrote:northsidegal is way more competent than how she has been this game.
That too.
have i played with either of you before, or have you just read games that i've been in?
In post 1346, Creature wrote:My talking about northsidegal, Lalendra, Chip Butty, CheekyTeeky, etc. is what then?
have you actually given any reason as to why i'm scum this game? all i remember is from the start of the day where you said that i was sheeping people on a wagon that
i had started myself
. you've just been saying that i'm scum ever since.

sometimes i'm reading through the thread and i start to wonder if i'm actually reading through creature's iso.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (isolation #38) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:46 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1355, Creature wrote:
In post 1354, northsidegal wrote:have i played with either of you before, or have you just read games that i've been in?
I've seen you playing in other games and I heard you're pretty good as town. You've been disappointing this game so far.
i'm so tired of people saying this to me.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (isolation #39) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

both games i've played with lalendra she's lurked just like this, was lynched and flipped scum. it's probably just a meta thing. in fact, i think both games it was pretty much the same as this – a last minute deadline compromise lynch. i'm not really a fan of lurker lynches – what exactly do we get out of it?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (isolation #40) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

flipped town, that is.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (isolation #41) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1387, Viomi wrote:
In post 1385, northsidegal wrote:flipped town, that is.
Oh okay, that makes more sense.

Wanna link your games with her so I can fact-check that?
they were open 695 and micro 747. i don't actually know how to link other games.
Also, I know you won't understand why lynching lurkers is a good idea, since you are.. well, a lurker.

But basically, lurking denies the information town and also is a very common tactic among scum to stay under the radar and avoid getting caught up in all the suspicion and whatnot leading to mislynches.
i'm not a lurker – this is just the only time i've ever been on v/la. i'm not a complete newbie, i understand
why
scum might be lurking, it's just think i think it's a lazy lynch.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (isolation #42) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1389, Viomi wrote:Wait, NSG, are you in eight games right now?

:?
just seven, i think.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (isolation #43) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1396, Viomi wrote:
In post 1390, northsidegal wrote:it's just think i think it's a lazy lynch.
I blame shit like this.
i
am
listening to you and i
did
read your post. i just get a bad feeling about lynching lalendra, both from previous games and from people i suspect being on the wagon / indicating that they'd be okay voting there. i'll vote lalendra to avoid a no-lynch but it still feels off to me.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (isolation #44) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1401, Viomi wrote:For example, you could tell us which people you're suspecting who are on the wagon or have indicated they'd be okay with voting there. Is it Creature and mutantdevle? Why do you scumread them? Can you pressure them or ask them questions about their behaviors in the future to try and get information out of them?
come on, you of all people should have read my posts. yeah, it's mutant and creature and i've done exactly what you're talking about. look at , , , just for example.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (isolation #45) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

like, i have been scumhunting and i feel like people are just using my v/la as an excuse to say that i haven't been doing anything.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

why do you think cheeky was scum, viomi? granted, i'm pretty bad historically at reading her, but her play this game has seemed pretty close to what i know as her towngame.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm assuimg that "someone pelase hammer" means there's nothing to claim.

VOTE: chip butty
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

sheep, were you following along with / looking at the game before you replaced in?

also, i don't understand why people are scumreading me for the hammer. like, intent was already declared, i honestly thought that chip was saying he had nothing to claim, and
roles don't have anything to do with alignment anyways
. yes, obviously it was a bad outcome but it seems really lazy or even opportunistic to say that just because chip flipped the way that he did that that makes me scum.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (isolation #49) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1814, Viomi wrote:NSG, if you genuinely are town and think that was a town play, please go reevaluate your lurking scummy playstyle after this game.

That hammer was a scumclaim. If you are not scum, you have basically wasted a TON of our time and lost this game for us. You hammered him before he claimed. It doesn't matter if he was being ragey and whined "someone please hammer to get this day over", you still wait for a claim. Got it?
i mean, don't get me wrong – the hammer was a mistake. i'm really just not sure how much it would have changed because again, roles don't have anything to do with alignment. even if chip claimed jailkeeper, he could've been a scum jailkeeper. i'm pretty sure there were very few hours left in the day, so it didn't seem like any other wagon was going through.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1823 (isolation #50) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1817, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 1813, northsidegal wrote:sheep, were you following along with / looking at the game before you replaced in?
nope
i took away a few hours of my sleep on a school day to catch up rip
i still have my doubts but i think i can believe this – there's always the chance that you wrote your catchup before receiving your role pm, making it nai.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1821, Viomi wrote:If you're town, follow me.
thank you – i was in the middle of typing up a whole paragraph in response to your earlier vote.

VOTE: texcat

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1835, momo wrote:I SR texcat so VOTE: texcat

Sheep me or die
wait, what?

VOTE: momo

what happened to your scumread on me / your intent to vote me? if you actually believe that i'm scum then why are you following my vote and just hopping on the largest wagon? i seem to recall that you did something similar for the chip wagon too.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1488, texcat wrote:Yeah, I was hoping Creature would explain why he quit scum reading CommKnight. The only explanation I remember was something like CK just started looking town.

It doesn't look like the Viomi wagon is going to go through. I was not scum reading Lalendra. And Cheeky was pretty null.

VOTE: Chip Butty
In post 1490, momo wrote:Still reading but if the deadline comes near, I would be fine with a chip wagon at this point.
In post 1492, momo wrote:Guys, we only have 36 hours....

since this is the holidays, imma have to VOTE: Chip Butty

I hope I can be one again before the deadline but you never no.
i probably misread cheeky
again
, then.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1843, momo wrote:I do scumread you nsg....I was trying to gauge reactions...and my vote remains there...I don't wanna lynch...I just want to see where this wagon goes, why are you so eager to get lynched????
were you trying to guage reactions with your intent to vote me or with your vote on tex? either seems equally fabricated. also, why does it sound like you're threatening me to stop talking or get lynched with that last sentence?
Guys, I think nsg brought up me not voting her to appear town...think about it, this is what smart scum would do
this isn't about you saying you're going to vote me and then not doing so, this is about you just hopping on wagons as convenient, without having any genuine reads.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1865 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:22 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1863, Creature wrote:I'm up to do any of Aster, Lil Uzi Vert and northsidegal rn. However, I very much prefer northsidegal over everyone else because scum may potentially have both 1-shot vig and night 3 vig with them, which puts us in a MyLo.
what does that have to do with me? texcat said something along the same lines, and i'm not exactly sure what the logic there is, if any.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (isolation #56) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1883, momo wrote:
In post 1872, Creature wrote:Maybe if I get momo to vote northsidegal Viomi will also join and put northsidegal at L-1.
I do SR nsg, and considering what just happened in surreptitious , i will go with you Creature

VOTE: northsidegal
????

momo is scum and he isn't even
trying
to hide it.

respond to , please.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1926 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

also: has anyone thought about / asked why mutant was killed? it seems like that kind of got skipped over today to focus elsewhere, which makes me think it could potentially be damning to scum.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1928, texcat wrote:And considering that it's scum that keeps asking this question, I suspect that it is a red herring.
who else asked that besides me?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2017 (isolation #59) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so i've been reviewing the game and thinking about probable scumteams and the luv/lalendra slot is the one that appears in all of them. one of the main points is that, in the world where we now know chip is town, it otherwise doesn't make sense as to why the lalendra wagon didn't go anywhere.
Spoiler:
i'll try to quote specific posts later but this section of the game is where i was looking at:
In post 1611, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:

Vote Count 2.16

CommKnight (2) - Chip Butty, northsidegal,
Creature (1) - CityElectric
northsidegal -
Aster -
texcat -
Viomi (1) -
mutantdevle -
Chip Butty (4) - mutantdevle, CommKnight, texcat, Momo
Lil Uzi Vert (1) - Viomi, Aster, Creature
momo (1) - KidAmn
CityElectric -
KidAmn -

Not Voting:
With 12 Alive. Takes 7 To Lynch. 6 To No Lynch.
Deadline Timer (expired on 2017-12-30 07:00:00)
[/color][/b]
(luv isn't on this vc but he wasn't voting at the time)

VOTE: luv

also, @momo still waiting for your response to .

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (isolation #60) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

okay?

not really sure how you expect me to respond to that. everything i've been looking at seems logically consistent with you as scum – would you care to say something more specific in your defense?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (isolation #61) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 2020, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:There’s nothing for me to respond to. You somehow have me in every probable scum team off of what I’m assuming is faulty VCA.
is the only reason it's faulty because i've come to the conclusion that you're scum? or are you saying that there's nothing relevant about the chip wagon being pushed through over the lalendra one?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 am

Post by northsidegal »

okay, that makes things easy – tex just claimed scum. it also means that scum probably win next night on a mislynch – tex probably wouldn't do this if it didn't win her the game the very next night. what
that
tells me is that we're on the right track in terms of who's scum – they're desperate for the mislynch.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (isolation #63) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:17 am

Post by northsidegal »

still not sure if the last scum is momo or creature, but i'm inclined to say creature.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (isolation #64) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 am

Post by northsidegal »

what? what changed? i'm not counterclaiming cop if it wasn't clear – i'm vt. it doesn't change the fact that tex is scum. i'm fairly confident that scum just win the game on my mislynch – that's why they were pushing it so hard at the start of the day for the hammer yesterday.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (isolation #65) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 am

Post by northsidegal »

texcat still has two other scumbuddies – from this play, it's pretty obvious that they're both the vigs. the jailkeeper would have to get lucky on targeting one of them or their targets, no?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2101 (isolation #66) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:

1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO

Universal Backup OR Role Cop

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2109 (isolation #67) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 am

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: northsidegal

:D

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2118 (isolation #68) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 am

Post by northsidegal »

nervous? you guys have got this!

go team! :D

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (isolation #69) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'm pretty sure mutant is still scum, guys – that rolefishing was really bad.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2136 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:42 am

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, how do you guys feel about a massclaim? i need to know who to target with my vengekill.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2367 (isolation #71) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

Post by northsidegal »

good game, everyone. i played pretty poorly. aster, it was great being scumbuddies with you - same to fitz.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (isolation #72) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i enjoyed playing with you, mutant – hope to see you around some time.

i probably played a better game in the scum pt than in the actual game thread – i think you'll all enjoy reading through it.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (isolation #73) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, not sure how luv got lynched at all – i thought after my flip that he would be near-conftown.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2430 (isolation #74) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@mod
releasing the private threads soon?